[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BLAHAHAHA aside, what does /fit/ think of ICF?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
BLAHAHAHA aside, what does /fit/ think of ICF?
>>
Take away the upper body isolations and it's pretty good.
>>
You mean SS + conventional routines? People have been doing this decades before blaha slapped his name on it
>>
I did ICF when I started lifting and I'm happy with the base strength it gave me.
>>
Besides the fact that a workout is like 2 hours long, it's pretty good, yeah.
>>
>>34864645
Why take them away? Surely they'd at least help with aesthetics? >>34864660
>>
>>34864635
it's ok, but 5x5 akes a long time

if i'd do 3day beginner routines
i'd do something like:

3x5 squats
3x5 bench
5x5 bbrow
biceps/triceps/sidedelts/reardelts/calves/abs all 1-3x8-10 (optional)

3x5 frontsquat (or backsquat)
1x5 dl (or 2x3 dl)
3x5 ohp (or incline bb)
5x5 pullups (or chinups)
biceps/triceps/sidedelts/reardelts/calves/abs all 2x8-10
(optional)

superset 2x8-10 exercises (bis with tris, sidedelts with reardelts, calves with abs)
all that accessory work would take about 20-25min with shoirt rest periods (~1min)
>>
>>34864692
If you are at a level where you do ICF, you really shouldn't worry about aesthetics, they are years away. Isolations don't really do anything without roids.
>>
>>34864775
>Isolations don't really do anything without roids
and the award for the most retarded comment this year goes to: you
>>
File: IMG_20151101_175816_687.jpg (113 KB, 720x721) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151101_175816_687.jpg
113 KB, 720x721
>>34864775
>Isolations don't really do anything without roids
>>
>>34864635
It's great, the upper body isos will help you not going full t rex mode from all those squats.
I would add lat raises on A and facepulls on B and do planks instead of crunches but aside from that is one of the best beginner routines, better than SS/SL desu
>>
>>34864635
Is it leg press + hip extensions a good replacement for squats? I've started mobility exercises on sticky but cannot reach proper squat form yet.
>>
>>34864909
Thanks for the tips pham
>>
>>34864909
Not OP, but thank you. I was looking for some beginner advice.
>>
>>34864775
>you really shouldn't worry about aesthetics, they are years away
Only if you do a fat powerlifter routine. Do a brosplit and you can look great in just a year.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.