[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 16
File: uzn_1376043927.jpg (104 KB, 458x687) Image search: [Google]
uzn_1376043927.jpg
104 KB, 458x687
Old one looks to be dying.
Bulking on 4450 kcal/day. It's a fuckton of food and I can't tolerate more than about 50g fibre thanks to shitty internal problems. Because of this I have about 50% of my diet from fat, with ~15% saturated. No sugar, no processed crap, but I'm worried that I'm fucking myself over with the high sat fat intake. Can't seem to get a straight answer anywhere. Thoughts?
TLDR: 15% of intake from saturated fat, am I retarded?
>>
aside from 15% being pretty low, saturated fat is good for you. stop believing mum science from the 60's
>>
Hi /fit/, 1m81 for 68 kg, i have trouble eating more, i'm staying underneath 70Kg, when i eat i'm quickly full and it's fucking annoying, i thinking using pills that give hunger, any tips?
>>
>>34863382
Eat calorie-dense foods that you like. Nothing with eating burgers and pizza during a bulk.
>>
>>34863426
Supposed to reply to
>>34863409
>>
File: Peanut-Butter-Jelly-Time.gif (65 KB, 287x190) Image search: [Google]
Peanut-Butter-Jelly-Time.gif
65 KB, 287x190
>>34863409
I'm gonna post the same thing in every fucking skeleton thread
IT'S PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME
>>
>>34863409
It's hard work man, you have to get used to it. try richer food, try snacking between meals as much as you can
>>
>>34863442
>>34863426
Thank you for your responses, and is drinking milk all the day really effective? and peanut butter?
>>
>>34863471
The foods are calorie-dense so I'd try and see if it works.
>>
Two years back I lost 40+lbs in just under 4 months. Eating clean and counting calories was all I did. I was indeed stupid enough to not add in exercise. Ended up skinnyfat and felt terrible. Situation has basically reset now after slowly gaining the weight back while stressing in Uni.

I want to do it properly this time. Eating right AND exercising. Yet I'm getting conflicting information on how to properly set my daily calorie limit.

Should I eat at a deficit from my BMR and not substract my calories from exercising, as if I were still completely sedentary and not exercising at all? Or should I eat at a deficit from my TDEE which roughly compensates for my activity level?
>>
I have been lifting for a long time but my bench is still under 2 plates for reps. I'm replying 195 for 3 sets of five at 180lbs. Would I benefit from including bench more than twice per week?
>>
>>34863471
peanut butter is like 50% fat and 25% protein by weight
it's tasty it's calorie dense it's got some protein
it's literally the best thing if you can stomach spoonfuls of it, milk is only better in that you can drink it
>>
>>34863574
I eat under my BMR because I don't exercise other than lifting and I can't be bothered working with TDEE guestimates. If you're doing a lot of cardio or something it's probably worth using TDEE since you don't want to be in too massive of a deficit.
>>
Is there any point hitting body parts twice a week rather than once when you're deep into a cut and barely maintaining strength?
>>
How do I improve my social skills if I don't have anyone to practice with?
I'm 18 and live alone
>>
Fat as fat ass here. Down 50 lbs from 292 to 242.

What can one do to lighten stretch marks?
>>
File: 1433501703452.gif (2 MB, 624x335) Image search: [Google]
1433501703452.gif
2 MB, 624x335
How do I lose my belly fat? Been lifting and exercising for months now but I still have fat on my belly. I tried eating less but then I just lose muscles.
I have a weird combination of buff/skinny/fat body now.
Must do exercises/diet? Am I just fucked?
Help.
>>
>>34863382
I really want to try an EC stack but the only thing preventing me from doing it is the eventual caffeine withdrawal and all the bad shit that comes with it. Do I just slowly ween myself off the caffeine or just go cold turkey at the end of the cycle?
>>
Deficit deadlifts as accessory work for days that have no deads. Gonna deload to 70~% but my question is 1 plaet or 2 plaets stacked under my feet?
>>
Can I take ephedrine while replacing the caffeine pills with the equivalent in espresso shots?
>>
I just cant fuckin deadlift and row. Pls teach me.
On row I cant squeeze shoulder blades at the top when weight gets 55kg

On deadlift it doesnt stop rounding after 100 kg. I hear I should stick butt out cause that would help contract lower back muscles. Also my hamstring and lat flexibility is fuked maybe thats the reason too. I stretch em everyday but idk maybe it needs time.
>>
>>34863409
try to eat faster.
>>
>>34864150
Pick up a new sport with weightlifting. Find a climbing gym perhaps. Most climbers are more then helpful and will befriend you at the spot.
>>34864194
Lighten as in the marks get whitter? Over time the marks will fade onto your skin if you tan up a little but otherwise wear thsm as a badge of experience rather then shame.
>>34864298
Sure if you can get the exact amount of caffine for a ec cycle
>>
>>34864356
Yeah, I think it's just my own anxiety with the stretch marks. Once I hit my goal I'll try tanning a bit. Thanks bro.
>>
>>34864314
If you want form evaluation post a vid of your form on here. Otherwise for flexibility make sure you arent rounding your lower back as you are stretching. You want to stertch your quads out as much as you can with a straight back
>>
What is a good upper lower split?
That is upper strenght, lower strenght, upper hyperthrophy and lower hyperthrophy.
I want to lift 3 or 4 times a week and want some good volume for my upper body.
>>
>>34864265
Try doing some cardio.
Personally, ever since I started getting into running my lungs feel like feathers. Every breath has become a big relaxing breath. Almost always feel great.

Help Protient Powders, Gainers, Bulkers, etc.
I'm not eating enough in general, also proteins. I want my muscles to grow bigger (I am doing a volume exercise). Can someone give me a basic guide explaining what's the difference between all the different types of those fitness powders? Not sure what to call them.
I'm feeling lost on what I should buy.
>>
>>34864392
quads? I never stretch them I guess I will now. this me rowing vid me rGqC Havent done deadlift form check in a while I might next time.
>>
>>34864742
Oh sorry i meant hamstrings but yea, i really do recommend stretching your quads too if you want a better squat. Sorry I dont understand where your video is
>>
File: IMG-20151104-WA0006.jpg (385 KB, 1241x1600) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20151104-WA0006.jpg
385 KB, 1241x1600
Is my routine retarded or will it work? Goals power, speed and mass
Power clean with press 3x5
Front squat 4x6
Weighted dips 5xmax
Weighted pull ups 5xmax
Plank 3xmax
Some bicep/chest pumping
>>
I bought a shit load of Greek yogurt but I fucked up and got honey flavored which has 33g of sugar per cup.

Should I just throw it out or does it still have value.
>>
File: 1324139975434.png (181 KB, 599x492) Image search: [Google]
1324139975434.png
181 KB, 599x492
I've just started getting into weightlifting and because I don't have a lot of room or money, I'm only doing dumbbell excercises to start.

One thing I've noticed tho is that my non dominant arm is really weak compared to my dominant arm, so I can't curl the same weight as with my dominant am.

Should I keep trying with the same weight? My ROM is shit because I can't lift it otherwise.

Or should I use a lighter weight?

Or should I rep what I can full ROM and then keep going with a lighter weight?
>>
>>34864719
5/3/1.
>>
>>34863382
What does your daily food intake look like?
>>
File: 1326198860463.jpg (9 KB, 189x266) Image search: [Google]
1326198860463.jpg
9 KB, 189x266
>>34865091
>>
>>34865141
Thats not a upper lower like I wanted. I saw one that was structured in 4 days. Do you know which it was?
upper strenght, lower strenght, upper hyperthrophy and lower hyperthrophy
>>
File: Weighted 45-degree Back Raise.gif (146 KB, 160x120) Image search: [Google]
Weighted 45-degree Back Raise.gif
146 KB, 160x120
Is it leg press + extensions (pic related) a good replacement for squats? I've started mobility exercises on sticky but cannot reach proper squat form yet.
>>
If I do Lyle Mcdonalds is there any negative impact of doing 5x5 for bench, overhead and squats instead of 4x8?

>>34864719
>>34865219
PHUL
Lyle McDonalds is good too, but is less strength oriented.
>>
>>34865229
no. keep doing squats.
High bar or low bar?
>>
>>34865348
I can do only half squats...
High bar, low bar squats are even harder =(
>>
>>34865229
depedns on your goals and if you do DL but basically this>>34865348
also low bar should be easier if you're less felxible
>>
>>34865412
agreed.

>>34865378
check out the Mobility stuff on the sticky.
I had problems hitting depth for highbar for a long time. Then I started mobility work and got oly shoes... yesterday an old bodybuilder said I had perfect form.
>t-thanks, you too
>>
>>34865219
Candito linear program?
>>
>>34865229
question related to back extensions
is it ok to round your back to target spinal erectors more? I feel like keeping my back straight is unnecessary due to the volume my glutes already get
>>
Any android app that will automatically upload videos to my pc when I connect to my home wifi?

Want to record lifts and have them auto backup to computer then be deleted from phone.
>>
>>34864965
why no dl and back squats?
>>
File: 1446658148258.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1446658148258.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>34863382
How do I incorporate more front squats into a routine /fit/?

I have back problems because of uneven legs, which means a more upright squat should help. Deadlift never seemed to bother me, it was always the back squat, once I got to 80-100kgs. 140kg deadlifts didn't bother my back though, so I'd like to do more front squats and deadlifts. Most programs though only has 1x5 deads once per week (for good reasons, and I've done that for the last 2 years), and no front squats.

I did this for some weeks:
A: Squat 3x5, Bench 3x5, Rows 3x5
B: Front squat 3x5, Deadlifts 1x5, OHP 3x5, pullups/chinups 3x5.

But I ended up going back to Canditoes strength/control program (I did it this spring too).

Any advice on how to do more frequency/volume on front squats and deadlifts? Candito mentions you can do front squats as an accessory lift, but only light.
>>
>>34865593
Dropbox. does that I think
>>
>>34865335
PHUL looks really good.
I have only time to workout 3 times a week. Is it good to do thursday upper hyperthrophy, saturday upper power and sunday lower power?
Or should I do xUHxLPxUHx ?
>>
>>34865752
just stagger it.
week 1:
UP x LP x UH xx
week 2:
LH x UP x LP xx
week 3:
UH x LH x UP xx
>>
>>34865805
I don't want to do lower hyperthrophy. Don't want big legs. But would it be ok to do it like that
x x x UH x LP x UP
I have not much time because of university. Thursday is my only free day and I'm too busy to train in the evening.
>>
does a program exist that would be essentially a push/pull split with legs split on those days?
so something along the lines of
>A
Bench
OHP
Squat
+accessories
>B
Rows
Pull-ups
Deadlift
+accessories
ABxABx
>>
>>34865877
>does a program exist that would be essentially a push/pull split with legs split on those days?
you can't imagine how much this sentence destroyed me
before bros invented ppl the real split was push pull
so yeah this way, you're doing it right
>>
>>34865905
well I assumed one did, I was just wondering did it have some "official" name
it could be called a front/back split as well since that's what it essentially is
>>
My bicep tendon hurts during bench press and overhead press. I've been to the doctor and had physical therapy which did pretty much nothing and they told me to excercise my rotator cuff with a resistance band.
I've been doing that for months and I don't feel it has gotten better. My doctor just tells me to keep going; meanwhile OHP and bench are completely out of the question. This obviously sucks. Any ideas?
>>
Used legs extension/curling machine for the first time for fun (been doing SS mainly, no machines)
Can do extensions with max weight for reps
However, can't curl (with legs) half the weight of that. Can't even move the weights. Nothing.
So are hamstrings/glutes/whatever we use during leg curls that weaker than quads, or is it some serious muscle imbalance I have goin on there?
>>
>>34863574
don't overthink this and just lift
>>
What's more important calories or protein intake?
>>
>>34866103
Stop being a pussy?
>>
>>34863620
no idea, test it out yourself. probably won't be able to recover, but maybe if you eat a lot it could help
>>34863780
probably not, but if you really want to maintain strength, try doing what you described but with low volume/intensity
>>34864150
hobbies, uni?, maybe talk to strangers in the street I don't know, but mainly hobbies.
however, seeing you're 18 you will probably never become fully social person.
Despite that since high school I have decent reputation, many friends, go out/party frequently, I still hate talking and I always feel like I've failed somewhere and just made fool of myself
>>34864297
why? why would deadlift need that good mobility that you use to go ATG during squats? anyways, whatever feels better for you
>>34864314
just get stronger f a m, you're rounding because weight is too heavy, don't blame shit you don't need to
>>34864965
why not SS? SS helped me to sprint fast as fuck and jump higher
>>
What's the best way to cut with the least amount of muscle loss?
>>
>>34866186
it's not really calories that matter. as long as you ensure you satisfy your energy needs and do NOT go into deficit, you don't have to get more calories (that's if you're not a skelly). What really matters here is that you get all the nutrients, vitamins, minerals etc. It's easy if you eat a fuckton during bulk, high caloric intake is just a side effect
Protein is obviously important, until a certain point tho. Without protein your muscles will not grow. When you give body more protein than it needs (dunno the maximum) rest are just made into energy
>>
Am bulking on 3,000-3,200 calls a day.

Weight 135lbs atm, in 6 weeks of bulking have gone from 131 to 135.

Bench has gone from 45kg for 5 to struggling at 52kg (120lbs).

How the fuck can I be stalling this early??? Should I drop to 48kg and just keep doing as many reps as possible and add 2kg a time? I did do jumps up to 52 but I went from 45 for 5 to 48 for 5 , then got to 10 with 48 now I'm struggling with 52 for 5
>>
>>34866432
Ayy lmao you're doing something wrong

I'm bulking with 2700 - 3000 kcals and gained 4lbs in last two weeks (158lbs now).
>>
>>34865834
sure that works.
I might be inclined to still stagger it, just with two lower power days rather than a hypertrophy and a power day
>>
>>34866432
you arent eating enough then.
keep track of it
>>
>>34865378
i still have no idea how people can only do half squats? is this what age really does to our mobility or do people just have shit mobility in general?
>>
>>34866432
SS+GOMAD
and not even trolling. don't try to invent a bike. chances are you're just like everyone else except you keep fucking up somewhere
>>
>>34866557
nah they're just too lazy to use proper form
I remember I half squatted just because I squatted more that way. Didn't want to drop the weight because, well, wanted to lift more and more you know
>>
What's better for a grill losing weight: HIIT or regular cardio? What will work best for keeping dem boobs?
>>
>>34866584
ahh yes your one of those ego lifters who added more weight with 1/4 range of motion right? i see them all the time at my campus gym....
>>
I only have time to work out maybe 2-3 times a week. Should I just go full body those days instead of doing 4-5 day split like most people?

3x8 bench
3x8 squat
3x8 deadlift

I normally add in tricep, shoulder, lunges, and core work. I don't even know my 1rm, I've just been doing as much weight as I can while completing all reps.
>>
>>34866557
Poor mobility coming from nearly no exercise since highschool (22yy now). Also, 6'6 if that counts for something.
>>
>>34866606
What's worse is the people who do half reps but don't know that they're doing wrong.

I may not be able to lift much anymore, but at least playing football gave me good form.
>>
>>34866744
>>/asp/756838/
>>
>>34866744
>>>/asp/756838/
>>
>>34866606
nah, not really. used to be maybe, but now I make videos of my form frequently to prevent that.
however, deloading still sucks
>>
>>34866744
static holds
>>
how do I add difficulty for planks?
I do 2 min planks and I don't feel like adding time and ending wasting 30min doing planks
putting weight on the back seems unpracticable
>>
Should I boil or bake my vegetables? Stuff like potatos, carrots, etc... Does it make a difference?
>>
>>34867028
no unless you burn them up or use 1l of oil
>>
File: planks.png (883 KB, 297x2557) Image search: [Google]
planks.png
883 KB, 297x2557
>>34866991
pic related bro
>>
>>34867070
thanks
>>
>>34867103
level up when you manage 1minute
>>
>>34867130
ok thanks, I'll do that
btw I remember someone on /fit/ telling me side planks adon't train the same muscles and shouldn't be considered a progression to planks was that bullshit?
>>
>>34867148
Yeah it's a bit different but generally they all train the same muscles. It probably doesn't matter though. If you can plank for 2 minutes, you will be able to side plank each side for 1 minute quickly.
>>
can i reach pic related body(in terms of bf% and muscle mass) in 10-11 months? i have some muscle packed on, covered in fat. i think i'll be done cutting in like 2-3 months, would 7-8 months of clean bulk enough?

my estats are;
105 kg bench 1 rm
160 kg deadlift 1 rm
130 kg squat 5 rm

and one more question. shrugs; yay or nay?
>>
I've been training by Coolcicada's PPL PPLPPLx and lack of cardio is disturbing me. So will it be a good ideag to change 1 L from PPLPPLx (for example right before rest day) to cardio + core day?
>>
File: 1407815022369.jpg (178 KB, 896x352) Image search: [Google]
1407815022369.jpg
178 KB, 896x352
>>34867201
forgot pic.
>>
>>34865091
Have the exact same problem, my left arm seems to be stronger than my right arm. Gets really annoying when doing bp
>>
I have a friend who stands at 6'6 and about 160 pounds. How can I help him escape skeleton mode if he doesn't seem keen on eating more?
>>
I've started working on getting in shape but I have a tiny problem with running. When I'm running every now and then something clicks or pops in my right foot and sends a very quick jolt of pain through my foot. Switching to proper footwear helped, but it still happens a couple of times per run. It made me notice that by default my right foot is always at an outward angle when walking, standing or running. I don't know if this has anything to do with it but I'm worried that could cause problems anyways. Only thing I've thought of is that my right leg is longer since I usually am shifting my weight onto it when standing as well.
>>
>>34865091
fuck your curls. but if you really insist doing them, use lighter weight, meaning the same weight on each hand. soon weaker hand will catch up.
if you apply different stress to each of the arms, they will progress differently and it will take a looong time before they even out. I mean you will grow disproportional biceps
>>
>>34867276
Get him some weed
>>
>>34864799
Put dots between vid and me / rGqC

>>34864742
Lower your hips a bit, your lower back is rounding before you even lift the weight. Brace your core more

>>34865089
Return it? And just work it into your macros mayne, how much more sugar is it that the greek yoghurt that you normally buy?

>>34865629
More frequency on deadlifts, just lift more frequently. Adjust volume/intensity to allow recovery and play with variations that are more difficult. e.g do 10 singles with 70%, 6 doubles with 55% lifting dynamically, snatch grip max double, double pause deads etc.
As for front squats, just switch back squats for front squats or do some front squats after your back squats
>>
Can you get stretch marks from pulling the skin, like during grappling? Everything I see on stretch marks comes from a change in physical size, like pregnancy, or weight gain, but I feel to see why literally pulling the skin from the outside couldn't do it.

Asking because I grapple a lot and my skin get pulled around.
>>
File: IMG_20151110_213753.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151110_213753.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
The area on the outside if my hamstrings is really skinny, while the insides are getting huge. How do I hit them. Obviously squatting already. Also I think it looks very skinny just by my knee. How do I target these areas?
>>
>>34867276
Weed for the appetite + SS + GOMAD
>>
>>34867353
Eat my dick, I'll curl if I want. Okay, I'll do that. Is there an average time it takes for muscle mass to even out?
Thanks.
>>
I've had the flu since friday. When is it okay for me to work out again? Is it okay to dope myself up and go or should I feel 100% before I workout again?
>>
>>34867927
well, I'm not fairly sure, but I'm pretty sure it's unlikely that you have THAT much more mass in your other hand.
which basically means it's all because of CNS and brain preferences. if my predictions are correct, STRENGTH should even out kinda soon, like in a month max
if you notice that weak arm makes you stall and the muscle measurements differ in like 3-4 cms (1-1.5 inches) maybe apply some additional work for your non-dominant arm. this would take a bit longer
>>
>>34868046
anyways sorry for broken sentences, i'm autistic or something
>>
>>34867845
are you hitting depth on your squat? are you engaging your hams during your deads?
>>
>>34867932
you should have lightly worked out friday, exercise is amazing for healing you
>>
>>34867191
thanks sempai
>>
>>34868046
>>34868057
It's fine. That really helps, thank you.
>>
>>34868061
I always go well beyond parallel in my squat. But sure about the deads thing though. Any tips for that?
>>
would it be a viable option to train the main compounds in a ss like routine plus bodyweight only for assistance
not for a beginner
>>
>>34868186
you mean ss+pullups/dips?
that's basically what you should do if you're doing SS. unless you're not a beginner, do something else completely (intermediate program like TM or madcow)
>>
>>34868263
I mean instead of using the regular assistance exercises use bodyweight exercises
for example for chest doing bench in low rep to gain strength as much as possible something like 3x3-5 and then doing pushups or one arm pushups and weighted or not dips instead of flys , incline db press etc
>>
Think I'm gonna get a deep tissue massage for the first time ever tomorrow

How good am I gonna be feeling after and how does it compare to foam and pipe rolling? (I'd imagine it'd be a world of difference)
>>
>>34868341
probably same shit, only if you manage to progress correctly on calisthenics
>>
>>34868358
I think they're incredible and worth the money. A good massage therapist will be able to feel the tension, isolate it, and focus on those areas. Will reach many more muscles than a foam roller ever could.
>>
>>34868426
thanks I'll give it a try then
>>
>>34868460
what do foam rollers even do? is it a self massager or something, im wondering since my hamstrings feel tighter than usual.
>>
does /fraud/ lift for strength or aesthetics?
>>
>>34868469
>self massager
this
>>34868499
more are for aesthetics I'd say
but I'm pretty sure some train for strength
fatlifts can't have trained for aesthetics
>>
Could anybody recommend a good app for bodyweight circuits?
>>
>>34868556
>good app
>for bodyweight
>circuits?
bait.exe
>>
thoughts about this routine? https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/6-day-powerbuilding-split-meal-plan
>>
What defines a brosplit, and why is it so bro-hy?
>>
Why I am so weak brahs...
>>
>>34866511
I work a manual job
>>
>>34868665
becasue you've been training for like 6 months like a retard and it's not enough to be strong
>www.muscleandstrength.com
didn't follow the link, I can guarantee it's shit
>>
>>34868585
see
>>34868699

>>34868631
ultra high volume, low frequency or high volume high frequency resulting in ultra low intensity
retarded exercises and 10 exercises targeting the same shit
>>
does anyone remember the name of that youtube documentary about a bunch of pathetic dyel fucks who think they'll become pro level bodybuilders in a year or 2 of natty lifting? it's cringy as fuck but I forgot its name.
>>
So today i was doing some squats today and decided to do one final set with just 1pl8 for some reps. First rep, squat down, and suddenly feel both my hip adductors pop simultaneously. What could have caused this? Am I fucked for life?
>>
Leg day
Squat 4*10
Leg extensions 3*12
Hamstring curls 3*12
Calf rises 5*12

Is this a good leg day routine? Or should i add smthn?
>>
>>34867277
Bump for any insight
>>
>>34868746
no
cut volume
>>34868737
rest ice etc you'll be good
I'd say that's becasue you were tired and considered that the weihtwas low so you didn't really focused on form but it could be anythingf really
>>
>>34868694
Eat more then
>>
>>34868720
well its a variety of ppl which is pretty well received around here so it would be nice to get some opinions
>>
im going to cut dairy from my diet to see if it heĺps with my acne. what do i eat instead of those 1200 kcal?
>>
>>34867277
bad form/foot placement obviously doing it wrong will make you hurt yourself
force yourslef to run correctly and rest for a while and then trin regularly to keep the form
>>
>>34868824
I'm pretty sure you don't want my opinion but I'll give you anyway so you know why I said that
ppl is shit, it's afad that was created not long ago when people started realizing brosplits are shit so they change the name of thei bodypart splits to make them look scientific
the crzy ass volume in that routine is even more ridiculous
consider that most of /fit/ is 17yo who've been training for 3 months and think that squats are useless if you feel a pump after 3 differetn curls variations
being well recieved around here is bad news
>>
>>34868838
eggs maybe if you were in for the proteins
>>
>>34868791
On everything?
Squat 4*8
Extensions and curls 3*10
Calf rises 4*10?
>>
Anyone ever feel their hip pop when squatting. Is it bad?
>>
At what width are shoulders considered narrow? And how much extra width can you achieve with exercise, 1 inch, two...?
>>
File: yoga poses.jpg (82 KB, 1215x828) Image search: [Google]
yoga poses.jpg
82 KB, 1215x828
>QTDDTOT Thread

Been wondering for a while now, anyone else here /yoga/? Started sessions a few weeks back on rest day evenings, when I have the time.

>90% fit birds/MILFs
>Instructor is lovely
>Helps with stretching a lot
>No belief in any metaphysical, but genuinely helps mindset for a while afterwards
>>
>>34868934
extensions kill you knees don't do them
how can you get some intensity with 4x10?
apart if you're supersetting them I don't see the reason to do so many sets on calf raises
add reps in you want but calves are tut growing muscles
I'd advise you to do your squat in ow volume and add some assistance exercise after for the hypertrophy
>>34868971
it depedns on the rest of you r body
best thing to know is that you'll get extra width and you'll loof better so go for it , even if it's 0.1cm it'll give you a big improvement
>>
fit, I've been makin good gains, but my chest still looks stupid. My pecs are rounded and my nipples are in the middle pointing straight out. I have shit insertions, but is there any way to encourage macho, squared-off pecs with nipps toward the bottom? Rn I just have like, perky little tits.
>>
>>34869023
5'9'' manlet with 18 inches width (not too much muscle in shoulders because I've been like 6/8 months lifting).
Should I even try?
>>
>>34866432
I'm bulking 3500-4k calories and put on 3 lb in 2 weeks. You're probably eating way less than you think you are.

I was bulking at your rate for a month and stalled on almost every lift. Started bulking harder and every one of my lifts progressed no problem.
>>
For anyone that's lost a bunch of fat after being overweight for a very long time, how low do you have to go to get an actually skinny stomach? As I understand, stubborn fat has spread throughout the stretched skin and you need to get to very low bf% to look normal. Fat calipers show me being 11% (I know that's prone to error, but the rest of my body has been very skinny for a long time now) and my gut is still pretty flabby, seems to be mostly water weight though.
>>
>>34869077
yes
like I said you might not end up looking like a supermodel but at least you'll loo better
I have PE and I'll neevr be aesthetic but I'm 100 tmes better than when I started and although I definetely have a strange physic people compliment me becasue I'm big
>>
>>34869073
I'd say the only solution whould be to train chest less so it's less big and doesn't look so visible
and train more your upper chest if I've understood your problem correctly
>>
>>34865229
don't listen to these fucking retards. leg press and extensions are a great substitute. id even add in lunges for more of a burn. but low rest time is mandatory.
>>
>>34869023
So you think i need like 5*5 squats and something like leg press or doing squat-like exercise in a some machine? But curls? Can i leave it (do they even helpful in building legs?)?
So final workout for legs should look life (for example)
Squat 5*5 (or 4*8)
Leg press (3*10)
Curls 3*10 (if u let me keep it)
And calf 3*12(15 maybe)
Waiting for you feedback i'm rly need to improve my legs (and squats in general).
>>
>>34869159
damn.

t-thank
>>
im doing the SS revised from the sticky and when is a good time to do lateral raises? my shoulders seem to be underdeveloped, should i do them on my bench or ohp days? or only on mon/wed? and how many setsXreps?
>>
>>34869209
leg curls are really good because they train the secodn head of the hammies that aren't train in the hip extension
your hypertrophy exercise can be anything you like as long as it's not retarded but leg press is good if you like it
I'd cut more volume on squat , doing 3x5 so you can progress in weight and so you can still have energy to do your assistance
what's yor stats now? and how often do you train your legs?
>>
Started clen today, beginning at 60 mcg. I can feel my heart beat (expected) and have a slight tremor but it's otherwise been well-tolerated. Can (should) I raise to 80 tomorrow?
>>
>>34863382
Are clips necessary for anything less than 2pl8? I feel like the bar doesn't even bend, and the clips really don't help out at all.
>>
>>34869252
do them whenever something like 2-3x12 1-2 days/week
your shoulders seemunderdevelopped becasue you want roided up bbers shoulders natties shoulders aren't that wide
>>
>>34869281
clips are necessary for dynamic lifts
not pttting them allows you to know if your bar isn't horizontal and makes it easier to dump the bar on bench press
>>
What are some good movies/documentaries that motivate or help you guys?
>>
>>34869270
not this anon>>34869209

Would you recommend doing 3x5 or 5x5 on squats, OHP and bench for lyle Mcdonalds bulking routine?
on my template I have bench heavy one day, and OHP heavy one day. Should I drop from 4x8 to 5x5/ 3x5?
Will this have a negligible impact on hypertrophy?
>>
>>34869270
Im doing PPL now so i'm training legs like every 3-4 days (4sets 5reps). Got to 100 kg on the last week.
Yea, i pretty much like leg press.
So, just to clarify (tomorrow is the leg day):
squats 3*5 (not counting warm up sets)
leg press 3*10
leg curls 3*10
calf rises 3*15? Almost like my current routine, but leg extensions. But if there is rly high risk of injuring knees i'm just skip it.
>>
>>34869323
I'd say 3x5 is better than 5x5 for linear progression, strength routines, or if you're want to do assistance exercise after like that guy
5x5 is better if you want more volume for a particular lift for example when learning the form or if you want some hypertrophy but are training a particular lift like for PLers or if you train for aesthetics and prefer not doing assistance
>>
>>34869387
Ive pretty much exhausted my linear porgression. hopping on Lyles from Greyskull LP.
I want to get some size going, because that's been lacking on greyskull, but I dont want to stop lifting heavy weights.

my bench day looks like this:
bench 4x8
BB rows 4x8
incline db bench 3x12
chinups 3x12
facepulls 3x12
hammer curls
skullcrushers

Do you think I should change up the rep ranges for the main lifts? or just run it as is?
>>
>>34869426
If I were you I'd cut the volume on main lifts
something like
>bench 3x3-5
>BB rows 3x3-5
>incline db bench 3x12
>chinups 3x12
>facepulls 3x12
>hammer curls
>skullcrushers
there's no real reason to do high volume on your main lift if you have assistance and that volume will hinder your progression
>>
>>34869517
>>34869426
as a dislcaimer I'd say that lyle mcdonald has made the routine this way so there must be a reason for it
I can't say I'm more knowledgeable than him
>>
>>34869538
True, but he addresses that it is not a strength routine, rather a bulking/ mass routine.
He does mention on his faq that you can change the rep ranges around for more strength etc.
I have just been wondering whether there was a major downside to dropping the rep ranges for the major lifts to 5x5 or 3x5 if I still want to get stronger. The volume is still there to induce hypertrophy so I guess i am just gauging peoples opinions on the matter.
>>
>>34869615
if you want you can even go to sets of triple
granted your form is perfect and you're strong enough
>>
Ohp or military press?
>>
>>34869682
whichever
I prefer OHP
>>
>>34869676
would the reduction in volume on my main lifts greatly impact the muscle gains? considering I have higher volume assistance exercises after main lifts?
>>
How much strength or mass can a female expect to gain in 6 months? Most of what I see on this board wrt to gains and goals are for men, but I'm eating like mad and working hard. Wondering what I have to look forward to in 6 months. (starting at 164 cm and 50.4 kg if that helps)
>>
>>34869778
idk but good on you!
>>
>>34869778
mass, about half that of men.
strength, probably about half to three quarters. depends on the lift. upper body will be less capable of building both. I have heard that lower body is about on par. that might be broscience tho
>>
>>34869806
shucks, thanks anon
>>34869807
it's interesting that females would gain less mass than men, given how quickly women get fat, but I suppose muscle is denser than fat.
>>
When doing seated row, what muscles would be trained if I used an underhand grip instead of overhand?
>>
>>34869845
it is almost solely based on test and estrogen levels, which would explain both the fat gain in women and the muscle gain in men.
more estrogen = harder time building muscle.
sorry anon
>>
>>34869869
This is not to say that you wont gain muscle at all though. 6 months is a long time and if you are training and eating right you will gain a lot of muscle and get much stronger.
>>
Need info on wristbands (don't if this is the correct word) ?

I'm starting to lift really heavy on the bench press. And I' really feel pain on my wrists. Once I'm done with my last rep, I feel pain and it get worst (during a minute or two) when I try to move my wrists.

I noticed today that I have thin wrists so it's probably because of that. What can help me to prevent me from injuring my wrists ?

I do warm up so I don't think it comes from that. Do wristbands really help on stability ?
>>
>>34869912
hold the bar right on top of the joint. you are probably creating an unnecessary lever arm that is causing your wrist to strain. read the starting strength chapter on bench. it is on Scribd I think
>>
>>34869757
the gains in strength would allow you to progress faster and thus have as mush muscle gains
higher volume doesn't mean more hypertrophy that's why those skinny beginners doing a 2h curl session don't get big arms
"high" volume with relatively high weight is the way to go
>>
Why can I only into squat
>>
>>34870051

Yeah that's exactly what I do. But it's because I feel a better grip like that (except for the pain obviously) and it's like if I hold the bar on top of the joints, I feel like it's going to drop on me.
>>
File: gokucoughsyrup.jpg (48 KB, 449x654) Image search: [Google]
gokucoughsyrup.jpg
48 KB, 449x654
For some reason before I came to college, I weighed 170, but after my first month of college I suddenly shot up to 185 without doing anything. Thing was, my body didn't appear to outwardly change at all. All my clothes still fit perfectly, my waist size didn't increase at all, and all my lifts went up a tiny bit (At this time I begun lifting). Now I finally plateaued at 185 lbs. What the hell caused this sudden weight spurt?
>>
The vet says my dog is overweight & needs to lose 10lb, but she doesn't understand he's just bulking. They said to reduce his food intake by 25%, so I did, and now he's bitching out during workouts, today he barely managed to run lmfao 6 miles in 50m,how do I make my vet shut up & get my dog some gains?
>>
Skelly here, want to start SS but I have computer guy posture. Should I fix my posture before lifting or is it going to fix itself?
>>
>>34869682
wait... th.. there's a difference?
>>
After a big meal (2000+ Cal) I get that not getting enough air when I breathe feeling. Is this familiar to anyone?
>>
>>34863620
Try it yourself. Also check form and add accessories.
>>
>>34864194
Tanning, moisturizing, and plain old waiting. They should fade in time.
>>
>>34866344
Some would say keto. But do your own research.
>>
>>34866594
Hiit and lifting. You can't spot reduce so anticipate boob shrinkage.
>>
I injured my left shoulder while stretching, doing a rear hand clasp, around 4 days ago by accidentally jerking slightly.

I'm on SS (just a few weeks in) and now most all the lifts are painful/impossible to do at workset weight.

How do I proceed? I want my shoulder to heal but I don't want to lose my noob strength gains.
>>
Could one bulk for just one month? Whats the minimum cycle length between bulking and cutting?
>>
>>34867028
Steaming is better than boiling.
>>
>>34867213
It's impossible to answer your question without knowing your current body. The guy in your picture looks like he trains mostly hypertrophy with a focus on arms, chest, and shoulders. His body fat % is also low.

You can have a good physique in 10 months. *his* physique? Only if you have similar genetics and follow a similar training and diet regimen.
>>
After 3 months of benching, I achieved a 200 lbs 1 rep max. That's normal right?
>>
>>34867276
You don't. Can't make a horse drink if it won't even be led to water. Does he want to put on weight or is he happy being a skelly?
>>
>>34863409
i was amazed the first time i started bulking with how much food really is required when lifting.

currently at 3200 calories a day. what helped me in the beginning was making 2/3 of my caloric intake come 1 cup oats, 1-2 scoop whey, and giant glob of peanut butter 3x a day. slowly your body will get used to it and you can cut back to 2-3x a day servings so you can eat normal food.
>>
what the fuck is the point of living in this fucked up retarded world. why am i considered "creepy" if i knock on a girls dorm door. IM SORRY WERE 10 WEEKS INTO SCHOOL AND I HAVE ONLY SEEN U 4 TIMES AND U LIVE 2 DOORS DOWN FROM ME
>>
>>34870419
let it heal retard, you wont make any gains anyway on ss, just ice it, stretch it out normally, dont do that rear clasp shit. just some easy stretches

wait until ur 100% and then go on a brosplit, youll make much better gains since ur a noob
>>
At the start of September I weighed 315
Now I weigh 282.4
Is it possible for me to get down to 200 lbs by march?
>>
>>34870648
can u lose 82.4 lbs in 111 days

that is an average of 1.347 lbs day

idk can you do that m9?????
>>
>>34870664
Didn't know that statistic. Thanks for that motivation you sexy anon. Should I start taking pictures of myself for a transformation?
>>
>>34870672
Shit didn't read it right. I think I can. I have lost 30 lbs in 3 months. So Idk why I can't
>>
File: Typical_Day_in_The_Bronx.jpg (343 KB, 600x747) Image search: [Google]
Typical_Day_in_The_Bronx.jpg
343 KB, 600x747
Like op I have a bulking question

I'm trying to break through a stalled OHP and out of desperation I'm trying my first bulk

It worked (OHP is moving again) but holy shit my belly fucking blew up in only a month

Is this the way it has to be? Did I overdo it?

Pic unrelated.
>>
Currently losing weight right now. I read the sticky. Why are people here saying you should exercise instead of just maintain a calorie deficit?
>>
>>34870731
Possibly because exercise is good for you, possibly because it will help you lose weight faster.
>>
>>34870741

I get the "good for overall health" part. How would you lose faster? If you are -1000 everyday, your rate of loss should be the same regardless of whether or not you lift/cardio?
>>
>>34870529
thats good. keep going
>>
Better do to lifting before or after cardio?
>>
I'm going out of the country to visit my family for the Christmas and New Years. This means I'll have no access to a gym for about two weeks to do my SL5x5 routine. What exercises should I do during that time?
>>
File: Reaction147.jpg (321 KB, 1280x699) Image search: [Google]
Reaction147.jpg
321 KB, 1280x699
How should I progress my push-ups?

Should I go from 5x10 to 6x10 or 3x15?

Which one would be better overall?
>>
Am I allowed to cross the border/go to another country with pre-workout in my carry on?
>>
>>34870844
before
>>
>>34870905
If it doesn't contain anything illegal in either country, you'd technically be fine.

However, carrying mysterious powders through customs is asking to get anal probed.

The customs agents may not give a shit, or they may take it very seriously. It depends on the country, and what you look/act like, and how it's packaged.
>>
>>34870917
Danke.
>>
>>34866272
>probably not, but if you really want to maintain strength, try doing what you described but with low volume/intensity
Thanks for the reply senpai, by volume/intensity do you mean less total weight lifted each session (weight*reps) or something more specific?
>>
>>34870936
I'm taking a bus from Toronto to New York to board a cruise to a bunch of islands. I have C4. Should I even bother?
>>
>>34871247
If it's in the original packaging you're probably fine
>>
how to do face-pulls without a cable machine?
>>
At the start of September I weighed 315
Now I weigh 282.4
Is it possible for me to get down to 200 lbs by march?
>>
Been doing starting strength for a little bit now. I like it but I'm wondering if there's a program for beginners like me who have a lot of extra time. I could be at the gym for 2 hours 4-5 times a week easily if a schedule wanted me to. Just want to make sure I'm giving it all I've got and not doing a program that takes time as a huge factor.
>>
Why is it so hard for me to make arm gains? I can't even curl 25s after lifting for like three months (Started at 15). I'm a fatty and eating at a deficit. Is that maybe why?
>>
>>34871532
no

use all of that extra time to eat more
>>
where does /fit/ buy their protein/creatine?im looking for good deals
>>
my hamstrings are feeling a lil weird lately, a lil sore and a lil itchy, im also struggling to touch my toes and i usually can. what does it mean? should i buy a massage roller and use it?
>>
>>34871692
pls bros. This is making me seriously sad. I have chest gains (10s on each side to 1 pl8)
>>
>>34871692
yes, if you're not making noob gains you're going to struggle to make gains at a deficit and the goal at that point should just be to maintain strength

been cutting for a year, stick with it bruh
>>
>>34872136
So why am I making chest gains? I used to work chest all the time in high school and barely any arm work. I'm back to what I lifted in high school for bench.

If anything my chest should be more trained.
>>
>>34872156
Did you take a break from lifting between highschool lifting and now?

Could be you're just recovering the strength gains you made back in the day due to neuromuscular adaptation/muscle memory
>>
I really enjoy powerlifting but I want a decent butt. I do glute isolation work 3x a week after my usual training, but my legs are becoming gigantic and my butt is just not developing at all. It's making me really self-conscious. I enjoy being strong but not at the expense of looking horrific. Should I stop squatting and deadlifting and just focus on my glutes? Or should I keep doing these and hit glutes every day? I have extremely wide, boney hips so do you think this could be the cause of my flat ass? I don't like to blame "muh genetics" either because you can see other girls' amazing progress all over the net attributed to squats alone but they don't seem to be doing it for me (just getting huge quads and hammies even when always going atg). I'm coming to the realisation that I'm probably never going to be good enough to compete but I at least want to not recoil in disgust when I look in the mirror. Is there no hope? Should I just save money and get plastic surgery?
>>
>>34872176
Yeah, a couple years. I guess that could be it. So logically I'll plateau around 1pl8 and I'm plateauing at arms already because
>little gains at deficit
>no muscle memory
>>
>>34872198
that would be my guess
>>
6'4" 195 down from 250 in december

i got down to 205ish from just diet, no real exercise or anything outside of running/biking/random cardio when i felt like it (which was rarely). since being at 205 i started going to the gym and doing a basic beginner routine (not SS or SL, but one with 3x8 and squats every other day instead of everyday). i'm still eating at a deficit (1800-2100 calories a day, 1g protein/lb of bodyweight). my weight loss has semi-stalled at 195, but i still seem to be getting leaner just from looking at myself in the mirror. is this the noob gains and gaining muscle while still losing fat, or is it my brain tricking myself into thinking i'm leaner while nothing's really happening
>>
>>34872241
It could very well be noob gains, take photos and measurements regularly if you want to be sure
>>
>>34872226
Makes sense. So at a deficit, I shouldn't try to increase too much? Just maintain where I am and get the exercise I need to tone up while I lose fat?
>>
>>34872241
From 205 down to 195 was probably the last bit of fat.

I honestly have your dimensions and I wish I was 195 right now. I'd be winter bulking so hard.

I'm 240 now and it sounds crazy but I want to drop to 190-200 and bulk right back up to 240.

To answer your question, this is probably muscle just starting to build. How intensely have you been training? Muscle weighs a lot more than fat.
>>
Is it reckless to go to gym after sleepless night?
>>
how much protons do you need again? ive seen this controversy on here lately and im still not sure...
>>
>>34872270
>the exercise I need to
>tone up
plz
but yeah, get the exercise and PROTEIN you need to maintain your strength and muscle mass
make gains if you can, don't stress if you can't
>>
>>34872291
1,5-2 g per 1 kg of your bodyweight. At least that what i was told and pretty much everybody around say the same.
>>
>>34872189
please help :/
>>
>>34872291
bulking or maintenance? 1g+ per lb lbm
cutting? 1.5g+ per lb lbm apparently, but I'm just eating 1g because I'm poor and sick of eating tuna
>>
>>34872297
Makes sense. So just to be 100% clear: the strength will come with bulking?
>>
Bumping this >>34870472
>>
>>34872189
You could try
less squat and deads (both total volume per session and sessions per week)
more glute shit (3x per week, increased total volume)
>>
>>34872315
theres no way i could eat 170g of protons, compared to what >>34872307
said at 1.5g per kg it would be 116g, that sounds more reasonable.
>>
>>34872315
Really? 240 lbs of protein is a fuck ton and I'm on a cut.
>>
>>34872315
>sick of tuna
Man, if i ever get sick of tuna i would prolly end my life.
>>
>>34872326
You may make random minor gains on your cut, bodies are weird, but you will gain for sure once you bulk.
>>
>>34872315
wait, how do i measure lean body mass anyway? just noticed the lbm you mentioned.
>>
>>34872353
>mfw the tuna sale at the supermarket ended and I didn't stock up
>>
I'm skinnyfat looking to get lean before I bulk; should I be cutting until I'm as lean as I want to be, or should I just eat at maintenance and hope that I'll gain muscle / lose fat and eventually get lean that way?
>>
>>34872268
measurements wise my waist has dropped about .5" in the last few weeks (since i noticed the stall) but i'm not sure if that's from water weight or actual leaning out, and my biceps have gone from 13" to 14.5" in the time i've started lifting. i'll take new pics on the 20th and hopefully see some solid progress

>>34872276
i'm doing this: http://www.aworkoutroutine.com/the-beginner-weight-training-workout-routine/

version 2 with the accessory lifts added in for more iso along with the compounds because the first workout just seemed to last too short. i'm up to repping 165 for bench, 225 for squat, and 245 deadlift. my lower body will always lag behind somewhat because of a knee injury i got playing football in middle school (25 now)
>>
>>34872367
Tuna cost pretty much in my country and prolly never getting on sale. So i'm mostly on chiken but man when i eat this tuna with celery and onion.
>>
>>34872340
>>34872343
I'm eating 150 a day on my cut (inb4 manlet), tuna or chicken every day, make up the rest with 2-3 scoops of protein powder

it'll be more protein than you're probably used to eating, and it's annoying not having a lot of spare calories for other shit when you're cutting, but it's the price you gotta pay

>>34872362
callipers or estimate based on one of those bodyfat% photo charts (or both)

definitely try and calculate your protein requirements based on lbm rather than total
>>
>>34872290
Help guys. Gym is opening in 45 minutes.
>>
>>34872392
>measurements wise my waist has dropped about .5" in the last few weeks (since i noticed the stall) but i'm not sure if that's from water weight or actual leaning out, and my biceps have gone from 13" to 14.5" in the time i've started lifting. i'll take new pics on the 20th and hopefully see some solid progress

Definitely sounds like you're putting on muscle, keep it up

If you end up stalling in both weight loss and gains, cut more calories
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.