[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rugby Pre season weights
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 512x288
For any /rug/ here. Is it advisable, as a rugby player, to try to put on a lot of mass before the next season (5 months).
Or should I focus on building it slowly.
Do not want rocky elsom mode
>>
>>34862133
What position do you play?
>>
>>34862137
Blindside
>>
Build it slowly. Focus on work capacity as well as strength and some conditioning pre-season. You will want more mass but not enough to slow you down. check /plg/ to see if they have a copy of the Juggernaut Method 2.0 in the dropbox, it has a lot of sports oriented templates, concepts, and suggestions for pre/intra/post season training that should help.
>>
>>34862153
Thanks man
>>
My suggestion as a hooker is that you look into oly a bit. Blindside flanker, as well as whole back row, needs loads of power and quick strenght, as well as loads of cardio. My suggestion is, start mixing oly movements with powerlifting+accessories and then switch to oly with powerlifting and bodybuilding as accessories. Use your rugby days to build up stamina and if you're willing, do some HIIT on the end of weights session. And don't forget to eat in a surplus, which will increase a lot if you start exercising so much and if you want to build more mass.

hope this helps
>>
>>34862218
Just re-readed it, do your low-intensity cardio work on rest days (since pre-seasson)
>>
>>34862218
I'm not familiar with rugby at all and your first sentence deeply confused me.
>>
Daily reminder that the based All Blacks beat POOPELIA in the Rugby World Cup. That's our SECOND CONSECUTIVE victory.
>>
File: image.jpg (51 KB, 720x441) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
51 KB, 720x441
>>34862292
>>
>>34862444
Only talking about rugby mate :^)
>>
>>34862133
Fuck.

I can't help seeing openings for Jiu Jitsu techniques on that guy
>>
Be careful bruh, I was a wing and put on 12 kilos in the off season when I started lifting and I became a lot slower, went from a 11.3 second 100 metre to around 13. Granted I could hit holes a lot better and would have suited prop at that point I still wish I could be as quick as I was. If you wanna lift and get abit bigger go for it, oly lifts are great for it, just be mindful of the weight gain
>>
>>34862527
Yeah man I'm aware of losing speed, but at 6 speed doesn't really matter
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.