[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Weight gain thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7
File: merightnow.jpg (15 KB, 200x293) Image search: [Google]
merightnow.jpg
15 KB, 200x293
OH my fucking god. Hello /fit/ hungry fucking skeleton here. Im 6'4, just under 170(I used to be 160 a few months ago so its an improvement) and I've been trying to eat more since it appears that's the only way to actually get bigger. So in total I need to consume over 3000 cals just to gain a fucking pound. You guys know any way to simplify this process(literally consuming my fridge rn) or any methods to increase consumption. Also, cal consumption story thread I guess.
>>
Drink Olive Oil.
>>
GOMAD
>>
>>34861387
Will that actually help?
I mean it has a shitton of cals but will it contribute to weight gain?
>>34861426
lactose intolerant poorfag here. But I've been considering it desu,
>>
>>34861465
If you're lactose intolerant what the fuck would you consider GOMAD for?! You'll be painting the walls brown.

Just eat a lot of cheap ground meat. It has heaps of protons and it's like 30% fat. Like 10% snouts and ears, max.
>>
>>34861513
Well, i figured if nothing else gained me weight I'd just bite the bullet and start drinking a gallon of milk despite the irrepareable damage to my colon it would cause.
But yeah idk, i eat a buncha ground meat most days but it hasn't seemed to be doing much? Maybe I'm just not eating enough?
>>
>>34861387
pfft, olive oil is for pussys
drink gasoline, it has alot more calories
>>
>>34861552
M O A R
O
A
R
>>
>>34861552

How do you handle yoghurt? Because greek yoghurt and oats is a pretty good substitute if you need calories.
>>
>>34861367
Eat more calorie dense foods. Cheese toasties are your friend you lanky faggot.
>>
>>34861367
mass gainers are called that for a reason
>>
powdered oats.
2 cups + protein + swig olive oil= 900 cal
. should take you less than 5 minutes to consume. do that twice a day betwixt meals.
>>
>>34861465
fuck i was gonna suggest ben and jerrys. easy 1500 cals right there and 20 grams of protien.
>>
>>34861513
>Living spmewhere with No lactose-intolerant Milk.
Are u Even trying?
>>
>>34861465

>it has a shitton of cals but will it contribute to weight gain?

Are you literally retarded?
>>
>>34861568
I will take it under consideration.
>>34861576
It varies but i can consume milk byproducts like cheese so I assume yogurt will be okay. it's mostly straight up milk that kills me, but thank you I think this a good suggestion.
>>34861579
God those things look like satanic grilled cheese but yes.
>>34861620
Ah yeah, another golden suggestion. I already bought like 10 pounds of oats, been straight up eating them with just water but thats a good idea to mix em with protein.
>>34861655
Ice cream is okay occasionally but yeah I think consuming a whole tub of it will put me in the morgue
>>
Dear skellie
Baked beans is usually 20g protein per 420g, at 500 cals and cost 0,5$
Buy a fuckton and add it to All heated meals, mostly red Meat etc. Taste delicious
>>
>>34861753
I thought for gomad you need whole milk?
>>34861761
I might be. I just thought olive oil might contain just empty calories that don't contribute much. Don't know much about foods or science bro so sometimes I'll ask dumb questions.
>>
File: image.jpg (918 KB, 3072x3072) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
918 KB, 3072x3072
6'6 skelly here

Steroids. No if's what's or but's about it. Steroids steroids steroids.
>>
>>34861787
Fart levels will increase to max level
>>
>>34861794

>empty calories

If a food provides 100 calories it provides 100 calories...
>>
>>34861794
>find lactose-intolerant Milk
>read calories
>>
>>34861796
Nah man I wanna be natty. Drugs are bad m'kay.
>>34861810
Okay thanks dude.
>>34861811
o_o sorry it appears I'm literally retarded, it won't happen again.
>>
>>34861856
>nah man I wanna be a skinny twig forever
OK man
>>
what's more crucial to gaining muscle and mass? protein or calories.

or are they in and of the same thing?

fellow skellie here
>>
>>34861877
>>nah man I wanna be a skinny twig forever
Like you, you mean?
>>
Just get cheap red meat like ground beef.
>>
>>34861887

Calories. Provided you're not going full retard and eating zero protein or whatever.

If your maintenance is 2000kcal and you eat 2000kcal of protein per day.... you're not gaining weight even though you've got far more protein in your diet than even a much larger lifter would eat.
>>
>>34861856
>Nah man I wanna be natty. Drugs are bad m'kay.

If you want to increase consumption you can just get high so you can eat more. You'll still be natty.
>>
>>34861896
atleast i get laid
>>
>>34861921
don't even want to imagine the hambeasts that you pork
>>
>>34861916
I've considered that but I've only tried weed twice(actually both times very recently) and my problem is, since I haven't build up a tolerance, I just fuck around for 6 hours and thats a major hit to my productivity.

But yeah this has been a pretty useful thread, thank you anons for your helpful responses and lack of shitposting, I shall now check out. Byeeeeeee
>>
I'm 18, 5'9, and 110lbs. I want to be big and strong. I don't want to be lean but I don't want to be fat either. 18% bf at 190lbs sounds good to me.
Should I be doing anything differently? Or just a normal 500 surplus + LP strengh programme?
>>
All these tips advocating consumption of red meat...

i guess they didn't hear the news that it's more carcinogenic than cigarettes.
>>
File: mike_tyson.jpg (280 KB, 800x1162) Image search: [Google]
mike_tyson.jpg
280 KB, 800x1162
some people need insane amounts of calories to function properly and gain weight

even top nutrition experts I think can't explain this shit, they're like "he's rocking too much during the day blah blah blah". yeah, right..
>>
File: Peanut-Butter-Jelly-Time.gif (65 KB, 287x190) Image search: [Google]
Peanut-Butter-Jelly-Time.gif
65 KB, 287x190
>>34861367
PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME
heaps of calories, easy to eat, has some protein
you can also just skip the jelly and just eat peanut butter
>>
File: grande.gif (2 MB, 410x396) Image search: [Google]
grande.gif
2 MB, 410x396
>be poorfag student
>literally on of the few people who aren't lactose intolerant
>natural ectomorph, burn fat quickly
>do GOMAD because why tf not
>gain awesome ammount of weight
>some of it is fat, but no problem because i burn it off in a few weeks
>muscles stay
>feels good man
>>
Eat big, lift heavy, get big
>How many calories?
Not enough
>What rep range/programme?
Lift heavy and hard with compounds every other day
>What about muh abz?
Stay small and weak if you want
>>
Try curcuma. I became hungry all day long when I used it in my curries. There are curcuma supplements as well.
>>
drink a protien shake with 2 scoop doopitity poops and use heavy cream instead of milk and blam instant weight gain without having to worry about diabutus, yes this is a repeat of hurr durr bulking
>>
>>34861796
>6'6
>not playing basketball
why nigger, so much wasted potential
>>
>>34864121
You know that 6'6 is basically average in basketball right?
>>
>>34864131
>you realise he's only perfect sized for the game and you are exactly right
thanks man, I knew full well I was right
>>
>>34864140
Average has and never will mean perfect retard
If you're of average size for a sport then expect to be average.
Also what is skill
>>
>>34861779
BUY LACTASE TABLETS

Seriously. They are cheap and they fix all the lactose intolerance issues.
>>
File: catwoman6720122.jpg (36 KB, 390x640) Image search: [Google]
catwoman6720122.jpg
36 KB, 390x640
>start 5'9 110lbs
>gain 20lbs
>lose 10, gain 5, lose 10 etc
>5 month later, 5'9 110lbs
Fuck this, I'm literally just going to eat everything and lift heavy and get strongfat
See you on the other side
>>
>>34862278
This desu senpai
>>
I'm lactose as well. I just snack on walnuts and almonds all day. It's great. They never fill me up and I can't get enough of them. I guess they can get kind of expensive though.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001CZ6CPY?*Version*=1&*entries*=0
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.