[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I dropped a heavy ass weight on my toe in the gym today. My toe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (145 KB, 1792x892) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
145 KB, 1792x892
I dropped a heavy ass weight on my toe in the gym today. My toe hurts like a motherfucker, it's blue and purple as fuck and it cracks whenever I try to move it. How do I know if it's broken?
>>
>>34858832
try dropping a weight on it
>>
>>34858851
I'm in real pain over here anon troll, your trolling is not very mucho appreciado. Go fucko yourselfo
>>
Doesn't matter if it's broken. Nothing you can do for a broken toe.
>>
>>34858909
Source?
>>
If I call a doctor tomorrow, will he/she be able to do something in case it's broken? You know, with arms and legs and sheit, they put that shit around it. Does that ever happen with toes?
>>
>>34858832

I'd go to the hospital if I were you. never broke something before but I would definitely not wait a day to go see the doc for that kind of shit

>tfw watch too many tv shows
>tfw you think your toe is broken when it's actually not even connected to your foot
>>
>>34858832
>>34859072
Sounds like you broke it ye. I broke mine when I was a kid and aside from the cracking (I didnt try) it was blue and purple as fuck.

>Tfw my dad wouldnt drive me to the hospital because he thought I was just a little bitch.
>>
>>34858909
i have been told this also when i went to a doctor under the belief that my toe was broken. My toe however did not change color tho.
>>
pic??
>>
Can u bear weight?
Can you walk?
>>
I broke my finger once by it getting slammed in a door. I didn't realize it was broken until the next day because the pain and swelling actually got worse. Also if it was below my heart it hurt like a son of a bitch.

The doctor drained the blood from underneath my toe and put a small splint on it.

Your toe isn't your finger but-
>>
>>34858909

>nothing you can do for a broken toe

you can split it, and keep it secured so it doesn't move.
>>
>>34858832
Just tape it to the nearest toe, no need to go to a hospital for them to do it
>>
"Seek immediate medical care if you suspect an open fracture of the toe; if there is bleeding; cold, numb, or tingling sensation; if the toe appears deformed or is pointing in the wrong direction; or blue or gray color to the injured area"
also post pic
>>
>>34858872
go to the doctor, jesus how stupid are you why even bother asking here
>>
OP , your differential diagnosis :

You have a case of being a faggot.

Apply ice and follow up with your OBGYN.
>>
>>34858832
Any of you medical students? What's the standard procedure with broken toes?
>>
>>34859373

you set the bone and keep it immobilized, just like you would any other break.
>>
>>34859373
I'm a medic
For our patients we usually splint it to the adjoining toe and rest
>>
>>34859231
I don't put my weight on my toe. Or try to at least..
>>
>>34859373
two Popsicle sticks and duck tape nigga. can you bear weight?
>>
>>34859428
When can I squat and deadlift again? :(
>>
>>34859443
no shit dumb fuck, pain sometimes radiates from severe trauma, can you bear weight at all?
>>
>>34859454
A month would be reasonable in most cases, X-ray is the most cost-effective and simplest test though.
>>
>>34859454

to be safe you shouldn't do any squatting.
>>
>>34859456
If you don't want a stupid answer, don't ask stupid questions. Zuck a dik nitwit
>>
>>34859465
I dont want to go to l hospitale. :( I want to summon mo medic
>>
>>34859487
Don't take any NSAIDs, rest it for a month, and re evaluation after that
>>
File: 1425006533418.png (65 KB, 285x276) Image search: [Google]
1425006533418.png
65 KB, 285x276
>>34858832
I dropped 175 on my face today. Second bench day ever, and I already went trough the roll of shame. The whole workout was screwed, I've completely lost my motivation to do other exercises. I mean, I've tried, but wasn't able to lift shit. I also noticed that as soon as I switched from my tiny local gym to the Gold's, all my lifts just getting worse every day.
I dunno why am I even writing about all that in this thread
>>
>it cracks whenever I try to move it.
> How do I know if it's broken?
>>
>>34858832
Have you tried asking the toe if its broken?
>>
>>34859583
i've had 150 dropped on my head before when i started, but I rep 225 now. You can quit if you wanna be a pussy but you're never gonna make it then.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.