[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"The only way to lose fat is by means of a caloric deficit.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1446492435780.jpg (43 KB, 523x800) Image search: [Google]
1446492435780.jpg
43 KB, 523x800
"The only way to lose fat is by means of a caloric deficit. You create a deficit by monitoring your intake and eating less than you burn. Sure, extra exercise can help create that deficit if you are sedentary most of the day. People who sit at a desk for work can benefit from some extra movement to increase their expenditure. This will allow them to eat a little more food and drop fat faster than without any exercise at all".

What are /fit/ thoughts about this? This guy says that weightlifting alone is not useful to burn fat, but in any other place is someone saying that no need to cardio if you are weight training.
>>
>>34851146

>there are people on /fit/ right now who give a fuck about the opinion of other /fit/izens

topkek brah
>>
>>34851146
keeping your muscle mass, accelerating the process of weight loss and an overall shift into a healthier lifestyle are the benefits of starting weightlifting/cardio to lose weight.
obviously you can simply eat less, but if you dont move, you will rather lose some muscle mass instead of all the fat you want to get rid of. and yoyo effects are a big thing because of thoughtless diets which leave you wanting more instead of eating healthy, as much as you need and doing sports for a change.
>>
>>34851146

I don't see where he says that anon, when this text specifically tells that "The only way to lose fat is by means of a caloric deficit" and "extra exercise can help create that deficit".
>>
>>34851168
my bad http://www.jcdfitness.com/2009/07/3-exercises-for-ultimate-fat-loss/
>>
If you're looking to solely burn fat, then the only thing you'll need is a caloric deficit. Whether or not you create through eating alone or by being active is frankly irrelevant to this.

That being said, it is neither optimal nor efficient to strictly cut calories without activity. For one, the greater ratio of lean body mass to body fat, the more calories your body burns, thus making the fat loss more efficient (or at least more expedient). Further, generally people want to lose weight to look better, and muscularity is part of that desired look, so one should be doing activity to try and stimulate that muscle growth.

Cardio is more or less for overall health since it positively impacts multiple bodily systems (cardiovascular, skeletal, endocrine, etc.). It's not necessary, but it should be done anyway if health is of concern to the person. Weight lifting provides these benefits too, but is generally approached by people as more for aesthetics and/or athletics than overall health.
>>
>>34851187
>http://www.jcdfitness.com/2009/07/3-exercises-for-ultimate-fat-loss/
All he says is that if you eat more than you work off you will not lose weight, regardless of what you are doing.

No one here will disagree with that.
>>
>>34851146
Depends on how fat you are. At 350lbs with no experience I would have seriously hurt myself at the gym. I lost the weight, then I took a class, now I'm in there six days a week getting my shit together. If you're at 21% and you want to get to 17% or whatever, there's really only a handful of ways to do it that don't involve lifting weights.
>>
>>34851146
Who's the semen demon
>>
>>34851510
>being literally too retarded to google image search
>>
File: 1447011809411.jpg (11 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
1447011809411.jpg
11 KB, 259x194
>>34851146
>>34851146
The desired fat burn state gets reached in two ways:
1 eat less to be on deficit
2 create deficit by exercise
now on to details:
You ALWAYS lose fat and muscle
how to retain more muscle while losing the fat:
1 protein intake on point
2 resistance exercise
The body will get rid of whatever is not useful for your everyday activity
No lift, bye muscle
ie: deficit + low intensity cardio = massive overall weightloss, but you become the king of skinnyfatties
>>
>>34851510
you are so young, actually blows my mind
>>
>>34851510
I swear to fuck if you said that in front of me I'd break your head open
>>
>>34852571
>>34852714
Thanks for the non answers. You guys are helpful!
>>
>>34852787
You're a fucking faggot and should go back to reddit.
>>
>>34852905
I don't like it there.
>>
>>34852915
right click
google search images
she was a huge movie star in the 90s
underaged ban
faggot
jennifer love hewitt
>>
>>34852949
See that wasn't so hard. Thanks for doing the work for me!
>>
>>34852949
That's Rachel Ray.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.