[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cutting Thread Post here if you're on a cut, especially
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 9
File: no excuse.jpg (104 KB, 720x1434) Image search: [Google]
no excuse.jpg
104 KB, 720x1434
Cutting Thread

Post here if you're on a cut, especially if you're just chubby and not coming off a bulk.

How are you guys dealing with it? I have on and off days. I don't think I've broken my intended amount of calories yet, but it feels like it when I get ravenous and eat quickly. I've been trying to go out and do more things, guess I haven't been trying hard enough because my mind is always on my hunger or my horniness.

How often are you guys' cheat days/meals? I have an entire cheat day every 2 weeks. It keeps me sane, but I still peak in starvingness a week after my cheat day.
>>
>did good for a week
>pigged out past two days
>feels batman
>>
File: Everyday Meals.png (36 KB, 669x764) Image search: [Google]
Everyday Meals.png
36 KB, 669x764
I've been eating nothing but this and losing weight, and getting stronger doing SS, and improving my endurance with C25K. I have a cheat meal every Sunday.
>>
been cutting for 3 months and working out every day

down 25lbs. keep it up OP cheat days happen but dont let them ruin your diet
>>
>>34848591

Don't quit just because of that, just admit the mistake and move on, and try avoiding it. Also cheat meals are supposed to stop that from happening.
>>
>>34848609
Great job, anon. C25K is how I lost 80 lbs my first time around. In fact, I think I was doing 5k within 2 weeks. I stopped because my earphones broke and I was in highschool and couldn't afford new ones (they were phone-specific). It's pathetic that I let that affect me so much, but I can't look back at that anymore. I'm aiming for just under 1900 calories per day, too, but at 6'2 and 210 lbs (or whatever I am now), my goals might be a little lofty. If I feel myself slipping, I'll just eat something I want rather than repressing it, which leads to a binge.

>>34848591
Have one cheat day per week and ween yourself down to every 2 weeks. You'll look forward to that shit, I promise.

>>34848615
Great fucking job, anon, seriously
I'm picking up where I left off in highschool. I got down to 180, and then slowly went back up to 200 and then 220 when my depression peaked. I don't know what weight I am right now but I'm aiming for 170 before I do any bulking. I've been working out 3 times a week which leaves me dying to exercise more, but I really don't want to crash and fuck everything up again.

I'm keeping the cheat days because they keep me sane, and for what momscience is worth, they reset my metabolism and replenish my glycogen stores.
>>
Lost 12kg in 12 weeks. Abs are starting to show but I can't shift that belly fat...
>>
>>34848857
How'd you do it mayn
>>
Cutting after bulk. What routine should i use? I've been training by PPL (coolcicada) and the question is: can i use this routine while cutting (all compound exrcs reps will be increased by 10-12)?
>>
I've kind of been taking it slow, around 1900-2000 calories per day for losing weight plus exercise, but I'm okay with hitting 2500 on occasion which is my absolute cap.

Dropped most fast food, but will resort to it if I'm too exhausted from work. Won't order much though, just a burger and small fries with juice and I'm good. Soda is hard to drop and I occasionally still have cravings for it, but I've been substituting it with water or orange juice. Not a fan of tea though. Cravings are starting to die down so I'm happy.
s
Lost about 15 pounds in 2 months or so, which is nice. I'm okay with it taking a while so long as I maintain this.
>>
File: konstantin_konstantinovs.jpg (80 KB, 652x451) Image search: [Google]
konstantin_konstantinovs.jpg
80 KB, 652x451
>>34848559
>tfw rebounded from 180>215
>stopped counting cals and got fat af
>also got strong af
>1/2/3 for 10+ reps but dl went from 5>5.5
>decided to cut down to 180 again
>its hard to get back on the wagon when results arent instant :(((
NEVER GET OFF THE WAGON MY NIGGAZ,I SCREWED UP HARD
>>
I'm currently on my 9th month of cutting. Started from 253lbs, now at 195. I'm 6'3" so I'm starting to get skelly, but the fat in my lower stomach still persists.

I don't know what I should do, weight is coming down steady but the fat just sits there. I've thought about decreasing my cals further for the remainder of my cut down to about 1400kcal, anyone think this would help, or just go steady and trust that the belly fucks off eventually. I'm already eager to get to bulking and progressing on my lifts.
>>
File: ja pierdole.jpg (299 KB, 1920x1279) Image search: [Google]
ja pierdole.jpg
299 KB, 1920x1279
>>34848559
my last 2 months was something like eating clean 5 days and then 2 days eating like hippo because of weed.
Now im more motivated to do this shit till the end.
>>
>>34851072

Kurwa
>>
18, male, 5'10''. starting weight ~187 lbs.

~2 weeks of 23/1 intermittent fasting on keto at 1200 kcal/day, now at 176 lbs. Going to continue either until New Years' or until 150 lbs, not sure.

Not a meme diet.
>>
I was at 141lbs, 8 away from my goal(I'm a manlet) when life happened and I ended up going back to 167.
I finally got back on track, and now I'm cutting at 1500kcals, lifting 3x a week and biking+swimming 3x.
Meal prep really helps keeping those cravings under control(My main problem is sweets).
>>
Down to 180 from 260. Going to go back to maintenance for a while when I hit 170 around christmas then deal with the final 20lb in the spring.
>>
>>34851606
Sounds like what I did except without keto. About 1000 calaries a day. I'm at 170 now about 1.5 months in
>>
>>34848559
i am procrastinating making breakfast atm. Recently started taking creatine and lifting and it's great but now I have no idea where the fuck my weight should be on my scale.

Some days energy levels are really shit too. As far as cheat meals, I mostly don't care as long as I keep my calorie deficit. I probably have cheat meals 2-5 times a week though, but typically that's all I'll eat for that day.
>>
File: progress.jpg (98 KB, 1298x525) Image search: [Google]
progress.jpg
98 KB, 1298x525
>>34848559
>How are you guys dealing with it?
I keep track of my progress to see it in a concrete form.

I made a graph of my progress so far. It helps with setting realistic goals and keeps food cravings at bay since just by looking at it I feel I'd rather keep losing weight at this rate than pig out. Not that I don't eat shit every now and then, I just try to always stay under my calorie limit.

The dotted line shows my progress for the first two months, the full line shows changes as I add new entries. I set myself a bunch of weight goals about every two months based on the dotted line and the other one shows if I'm doing better than worse than I did by that point.
>>
I think drinking nothing but water really helps
>>
>>34848591
Same here. Went away for work, shitty roadside food+lapse of discipline.
>>
File: dark-chocolate.jpg (7 KB, 350x225) Image search: [Google]
dark-chocolate.jpg
7 KB, 350x225
>>34848559
>>34848559
>>34848559

I find that cutting out milk chocolate, and enjoying just one square of dark chocolate a day helps build good discipline forming habits while allowing myself a healthful gratifying reward for doing good all day.
>>
Italianfag here
185cm tall, cutting at 2100 calories, went from 93kg to 88kg in two months, still have those bloody love handles and flabby stomach but at least i'm starting to look better than i've ever looked (always been a chubby fuck).
>>
I've been binge watching fat loss shows(secret eaters, my 600lb life, etc.) lately.
It really stops me from overeating.
>>
been cutting from 245 to current weight at 200 lbs, need to get down to atleast 185 to get dem abs out... hate cutting...
>>
My cut is at 1200. It's not that bad, I'm used to it, but sometimes the hunger gets the best of me.
When this happens I usually go running to gain some more calories to spend. Is this okay or should I just deal with the hunger?
>>
>>34855977
1200?? how can you survive that?
>>
>>34855987
Heh, you get used to it. Kind of.
Drink a shitload of water and coffee and snacking on veggies helps a lot.
>>
>>34856044
*drinking
>>
>>34856044
any loss of muscle gains?
>>
>>34851072
>filename
>>34851113
kurwa indeed
>>
>>34856044
agreed, black coffee helps out a lot. i do 1400 and it ain't particularly easy either
>>
>>34851606
This is close to what I do. IF is just easy for me. I'm so busy at work I don't even notice if I don't eat. So far I'm down about 35 and looking to lose another 30. I'd be further along, but the stress from the job kicks my ass and I will drink to deal with it.
>>
Trying to lose weight, but I have no food in my house. Would it kill my progress to eat some papa johns pizza? Not the whole thing obviously
>>
>>34856365
One slice is probably 500 cal, that's before you lather it in ranch and garlic sauce.
>>
>>34856365
Only eat 2 slices max, depending on your calories for the day.

Or ya know, be smart and go to the store.
>>
>>34856435
It's not that much, unless it's like an ultra meat lovers.
>>
>>34848559
I'd be doing great if I could stop drinking on weekends.

I ate like half a pizza and a mountain of crappy pasta last night.

My weekdays are borderline perfection though, I hope I'm still gonna make it.
>>
>>34856435
I don't dip pizza in anything
>>34856449
I haven't eaten anything today, got around 1700 cals left
>>
One day I lose a pound. Another day, I gain 2 pounds. I don't know what the hell is up. Weight plateaus during a diet, sure. But weight gain?

It sucks. If it stays this way, I will be cutting for the next 2 years. Great.
>>
How are yall managing to drink so much water? I'm struggling to stop drinking soda, and water just tastes bad desu
>>
>>34856529
are you trying diet soda?
>>
>>34856591
Nah, don't want cancer
>>
>>34856529
Just drink water man, it's really not that difficult. After like 2 days of drinking water only, you will feel great! Just make sure it's filtered water

>>34856591
bro, fuck diet soda
>>
I'm about...two and a half weeks into my cut? Not enough to see visible change (and I don't weigh myself because not losing pounds every day makes me go insane) but I feel much better, and I've been counting calories, so I think my diet's been bretty good. Eating between 1200-1500 kal a day plus exercise, and at a 2400 cal BMR I'm usually between 1-1.2k calories deficit per day.

I have a pita pit nearby, where I can get a massive sandwich that's only 400 calories full of healthy ingredients too, so that's a plus and I can still "reward" myself with food without going overboard. The sodium's a bit high, but I watch it in my other foods so I don't think I'm going overboard.
>>
>>34851968
I ain't hating on cheat meals, but if you have energy problems and have days where you just eat junk, then I think we found the problem.
>>
>>34856519
The body isn't a 24 hour machine.
The weight on the scale is your actual bodyweight plus water, food, and shit.
This can vary greatly and while weighing yourself at the same time can reduce these factors it will still happen bb.
The past week I've been 5 pounds heavier, after today I'm actually 3 pounds less than I was before.
Don't worry about day to day or even week to week, keep that deficit up and the overall weight loss will make sense and be worth it.
>>
Fatass manlet in reform here, am 5'7" and started at 170 Oct 10. Now at 162 and excited to finally see sub 160 after all these years.

I watch what I eat during the week pretty strictly (chicken breast, oats, vegetables etc) and never exceed my cutting range.
However, I cheat on weekends when I go out, but still keep it in the correct calorie range

A lot of shit happened right before I started working out and I barely ate for a few days (probably under 500 calories a day) but it made me realize what hunger actually was and that I was eating out of habit and not actually hungry. Because of this I'm eating much smaller portions and barely more frequently. I'm just worried I'm hindering myself because I'm comfortable eating around 700 calories a day, which is around half of what I should be cutting at. I could be judging portions incorrectly though but I'm fairly sure I'm not, I may get a kitchen scale to really be sure though

I'm really doubting that I need 2400 calories to maintain my weight, but who knows. I just don't want to malnourish myself.
>>
>>34856519
>>34856814
What this anon said

Just an example, water weighs a little over 8lbs per gallon
Your bladder is about 16oz
If you need to piss, you could be carrying around a pound of piss alone
>>
File: xqVb7Ox.jpg (228 KB, 597x450) Image search: [Google]
xqVb7Ox.jpg
228 KB, 597x450
Any good meal plans out there?
>>
I just came off a 4 month cut, keep it up OP. I would normally have a cheat meal once every 2 weeks or so. Remember that celery is your friend.
>>
>>34856666
>>34856682
Oh please. Diet sodas are fine, just don't drink 2 liters a day and ignore water
>>
>>34857178
>>34857178
You know what? I'll buy some fucking celery.

I've been eating a SHITton of frozen veggies with every meal.

Speaking of which, I just raped my own body at the gym today. It felt awesome. I jacked off twice when I got home, though, and I'm supposed to not be doing that. I couldn't help it. So fucking horny and getting my blood pumping must have unblocked something. Fuck.

Fuck.

Anyway, next cheat day is Saturday and I promised my sister we'll go for AYCE sushi. I can't wait. I'll also have bubble tea that day, which I've really had to distance myself from while on a cut. I love taro
>>
>>34848559
didnt want to make a whole thread
but hey guys, are the macros for cutting accurate?... it seems like way too much

When i had to cut i usually just ate normal and then in the evening had a salad instead of rice, so a day for me in food would be something like eggs and toast in the morning, chicken and rice for lunch and fish and rice for dinner.

After using many calculators and macros and whatever saying that protein is a gram of your weight, fat is 30% of your calories and the rest into carbs, it just seems like too much.

Are these just for bodybuilders? im a boxer so maybe thats why you need that many carbs.
>>
File: 2015-11-09 16.00.49.jpg (273 KB, 849x642) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-09 16.00.49.jpg
273 KB, 849x642
Pic related is 3 weeks of progress. I've been eating mainly chicken, protein mix, tuna, tilapia, egg whites and various fruit and veggies. Cheat meal on Sunday, lift 5x a week.

Plz no bully
>>
how bad is sodium while cutting? i like having a can of sweet peas for lunch which is around 250 Kcal, very little fats and carbs, but is very high in sodium
>>
>>34855977
Low cal bro iktf

>1400kcal a day
>fasting 3 days a week
>gym 3xweek, 15-20km running a week
>>
>>34858083
good progress for only three weeks. do you get in a lot of tiny knife fights or is that self harm
>>
File: 1446734265896.jpg (101 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
1446734265896.jpg
101 KB, 640x1136
>>34858328
I have clinical depression, haven't told anyone IRL. It gets better the more weight I lose.
>>
>>34857515

Do be careful with celery, it has more calories than you'd think.
>>
>>34858390
protip if you have to cut cut your thighs so its less visible
>>
>>34848559
Turns out I weigh 240 and not 230 like I thought I did. Kinda discouraging but whatever.

I had a cheat meal today (rib plate) but I've been well under my calories for the past week and technically I'll still be under today so I think it's ok.

I had an old girlfriend notice my weight loss and told me my outfit looked cute.
>>
I figured out what my cheat meals would likely be like and incorporated it into my diet. Sure, 300–400 calories of ice cream a day slows down my diet, but I think it slows it less than pigging out in one day would (because trust me, I'd really pig out), and it makes me less likely to fail.
>>
>>34857963
It's more like .8 grams per body weight MAX when it comes to protein. I use my fitnesspal app and the calculator there is pretty convenient.
>>
>>34857963
Weird, it feels like people that do more endurance oriented training would need more carbs, not fewer.

But macros really vary a lot, and a lot of people have ridiculous and made up ideas about them. Get enough protein and then don't care about the rest.

Also is that a gram per pound or a gram per kilogram? I think it's supposed to be a gram per pound, which would be 2.2 grams per kilogram (probably should round down to 2).
>>
>>34856972
My bladder is twice the size of the average person's. I can carry up to a liter in piss. The nurses at the hospital where I discovered this (the urinal things have markings) were very impressed.

>>34856861
Humans are shit measurement devices. Utterly terrible. Get a scale, because the balance of the odds is that without one, you're measuring wrong.
Jeez. I can't believe anyone would actually say they're "counting calories" if they don't have a scale (and are eating anything that isn't prepackaged, counted and weighed).
But who knows. Maybe you're right. In any case, under 1200ish calories for most people is in danger of actual starvation mode (not the one fatasses talk about where your body magically becomes more efficient; but the one where your body starts eating its own internal organs). So eat more.
>>
>>34853211
I'm 80kg@183cm and still got them...
>>
>>34858472
I did use to do that, but the scars are pretty bad desu senpai, thanks for the empathise though
>>
>>34858616
I've been measuring by volume, but wanted a small scale for meats and such

Unless my bananas are insanely large, I'm unsure what the inconsistency is. It most likely is human error at some point though
Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.