[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's say tomorrow is my first day at gym. Let's say
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: maxresdefault.jpg (76 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
76 KB, 1280x720
Let's say tomorrow is my first day at gym.

Let's say I'm moderately strong for a couch potato and willing to push myself for hard lifts.

How much should I attempt to lift for:
-deadlift (1 rep, no dropping)
-squat (1 rep)
-bench (5 reps)
-clean & jerk (no dropping)
And how much should I attempt to add after each successful lift?
>>
>>34845478
>deadlift - 4pl8
>squat - 3pl8
>bench - 2pl8
>c+j - 1pl8
did you not read the sticky?
>>
>>34845577
I said first day at gym not first day on /fit/, cmon baka desu senpai
>>
>>34845478
I jk, but seriously. Doesn't matter how much you lift the first time, get your form down and build the weight up gradually. If you prioritise weight over form then prepare to become a resident of snap city.
>>
>>34845654
Ok, it's not actually my first day, I did SL for a bit a few months ago, so I have somewhat of an understanding of the lifts. I just need some numbers here, like the safest maximum.
>>
>>34845478

instead of going to the gym tomorrow, could you just try not being a cunt for a day? ...please.
>>
>>34845948
like how the fuck am I even being a cunt?
>>
>>34846023

OP is asking retarded questions with zero context... any non-joke answer would be at least as equally retarded as the question.
>>
You shouldn't be attempting to max at all if it's your first day in the gym. You should almost never be maxing in the gym.
>>
>>34845478
You talk to whoever is walking you through your machines and workouts so you don't hurt yourself, and determine what you can lift at 3x8 to failure, then you write it down.
>>
start with the bar.
add 10 lbs to the bar until the speed of the bar slows.
that is your starting weight.
add 5-10 lbs to each lift every workout thereafter.
>>
>>34846126
>start with the bar.
>add 10 lbs to the bar until the speed of the bar slows.
>that is your starting weight.
>add 5-10 lbs to each lift every workout thereafter.

and in just 1 year you will have a 410lbs bench press.
>>
>>34846164
how retarded are you, man?
>>
>>34846164
>Any projection of weight increase is constant
>I have no concept of diminishing returns
>I need every future variable explained to me explicitly because I'm too stupid to infer logical conclusions on my own
>I don't understand advice for beginners

c'mon bro
>>
File: 1444456982895.png (717 KB, 1677x2130) Image search: [Google]
1444456982895.png
717 KB, 1677x2130
>>34845478
depends on how much you weigh.
gotts say going into the gym the first day and doing 1 rep max has got to be the dumbest thing ive ever heard though.

>pic semi related
>>
>>34845478
what the fuck you mean no dropping on c+j? its ment to be dropped you fuck face
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.