[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
mental fitness, what is your routine?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7
File: photo.jpg (47 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
47 KB, 900x900
mental fitness, what is your routine?
>>
>>34842944

Cold showers every morning

30 Mins mindful meditation a day

30 mins reading a day

6-12 hours a week being sociable with friends old and new

Have sex a couple times a week

Walks in nature
>>
>>34843007

>falling for the cold shower meme
>>
>>34842944
Cold shower because it wakes me up in the morning supposedly gives me more testosterone in the gym

Spend an hour to two reading books whether it be a textbook or a novel what ever interests me at the moment

Masturbate everyday before work for good luck charm the next following day.

Go on /b/ and look at rekt threads to value my life and make sure every day is as safe as the next

Sleep for 9 - 10 hours a day for maximum mental performance and physical performance

Sleep for an extra hour so I don't feel groggy after the 9 - 10 hours of sleep as grogginess is probably the worst feeling in the world.

I talk to myself as a therapist would sometimes thinking about my traits and how I obtained them during childhood me, also how my parents influenced my current characteristics.

Those are some of the things
>>
>>34843310

>I talk to myself as a therapist would sometimes thinking about my traits and how I obtained them during childhood me, also how my parents influenced my current characteristics.

wew lad
>>
Repress emotions till failure
>>
Sometimes I wonder if I have depression, but I don't want to see some therapist about it

Am I gonna make it?
>>
>>34844401
Go talk to one if you can do it for free. Why not try it out? I had some anxiety issues and refused to go see anyone about it until it got really bad. I'd try it out, pills helped me btw
>>
>>34844388
This, all day every day
>>
hot shower followed by 1 minute of ice cold shower

20 min of meditation

coffee

intermittent fasting 18 - 6 (trying to switch to 19 - 5 soon)
>>
>>34844401
my dad's a psychiatrist but i'm pretty sure he's in bed atm

I'd have called him otherwise if you wanted and asked some questions on your behalf brah

sorry
>>
>>34844441
I'll see if my school has some kind of free counselor or something

>>34844607
It's cool anon, thanks for the offer though
>>
>>34842944
College.
>>
>>34842944
I've sort of created my own Cold Shower Routine.
I liked taking them in the morning because of the mental awareness it brings me throughout the day as well as the healthy testosterone boost, so i started taking them more and more frequently.

The past week I've spent about 4-5 hours a day in the shower with the water as cold as it will get. I usually just get in to pass the time when I don't feel like playing games or reading threads on fit. And of course i take them before, after, and sometimes during the gym mid workout.

Overall i feel more alert, sexual charged, and very manly. Even strangers have commented on my new masculine energy brought about by the test boost from cold showering.
>>
>>34845710
>4-5 hours a day in the shower

lqb
>>
File: image.png (170 KB, 382x346) Image search: [Google]
image.png
170 KB, 382x346
>>34845710
>4-5 hours a day in the shower
>>
>>34845710
Cold showers do nothing. It doesn't boost your testosterone, it's just the placebo effect fooling your mind.
>>
>>34842944
Not give a shit about anything exept for my physical health and the wellbeing of my family. Do what i want when i want without overthinking as long as the two requeriments above are fullfiled. Being ok about the result of my endeavors.

Stop being a dramátic bitch and don't make drama about anything.
>>
File: image.jpg (85 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
85 KB, 500x500
I had a mental breakdown this week and was almost committed. I've since stopped all drugs and medication. If you guys have any issues you need to see someone. I went far too long. I still have about one panic attack or so a day but it's better than the 4 I was having.
>>
>>34844388
>tfw did this and led to a massive psychotic episode
>>
File: 1445434304163.jpg (158 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
1445434304163.jpg
158 KB, 1440x1080
>>34843007
Can we stop this cold shower meme? It's literally autistic.
>>
Cole showers are for pussies
>>
>>34845710
I've sort of created my own Golden Shower Routine.
I liked taking them in the morning because of the mental awareness it brings me throughout the day as well as the healthy testosterone boost, so i started taking them more and more frequently.

The past week I've spent about 4-5 hours a day in the piss with the woman as cold as it will get. I usually just get in to pass the time when I don't feel like playing games or reading threads on fit. And of course i take them before, after, and sometimes during the gym mid workout.

Overall i feel more alert, sexual charged, and very manly. Even strangers have commented on my new masculine energy brought about by the test boost from golden showering.

Hard part is finding enough women to piss on you
>>
>>34845977
You must let the emotions flow when deadlift. Otherwise psychosis
>>
File: 1445109818332.png (29 KB, 525x461) Image search: [Google]
1445109818332.png
29 KB, 525x461
>talked to uni counsellor
>she said she wasnt trained enough to deal with me and sent me away

ok...
>>
rigorously weigh and count every single calorie I am going to / have eaten.
I'm only satisfied when I have checked it about 5 times .
I'm fucking obsessed but not because of fitness but because I have a fucking OCD.
>>
>>34842944
dissertation writing and research x F
coursework out of my nose x F
job applications and interviews x F

fucking engineering. 4 years of misery, but at least i'll graduate and go straight into a job earning a mediocre wage, r-right?
>>
Meditation daily.

Generally attempt to be mindful at all times, notice my mistakes and errors, those of others, avoid low-return emotional reactions.

Constantly have a non-fiction book to read, ideally science centered. Read it at least twice a week even if I don't feel like it (but sometimes I get in the mood for it and read them constantly).

Five times a week dedicate at least half an hour to practicing a creative skill, and no more than three a week can be creative writing. My other attempted hobbies are music, woodworking or sewing, but mostly drawing recently; I'm still bad, but since I think of it as brain training I can look beyond being concerned about results.

At least once a week specifically seek out social interaction for the sake of social interaction (I used to have an RPG group that would meet weekly, that was nice, and a good creative outlet too, but for pure socialization it had the issue that it was always the same group of people).

I'm trying to find some sort of practice or training for improving reasoning and memory, but the evidence is so contradictory, and I don't like wasting my time.
For now, I'm playing tactics oriented video games as my hobby, so that's probably better than nothing.

And of course, daily exercise and attentiveness to my physical needs. The mind is the plaything of the body.
>>
Considering sertraline lads--I don't use my dick anyways.
>>
>>34843007
>>34844597
>>34846524

What sort of meditation do you guys do? I always used: http://www.urbandharma.org/udharma4/mpe.html
Thoughts?
>>
>>34846896
I've been using op's headspace, probably won't shill out for the subscription but we will see after the 10 day trial
>>
>>34846896
I used the free sample stuff from the headspace app to get started and afterwards I pretty much did the same stuff they tell you in the app on my own and just stretch it out

like there is a part in the app where they ask you to count your breaths and focus on your body, trying to keep distracting thoughts at bay

in the app you only do it 2 - 3 min but i might do this for 8 - 10 now

I might go for the subscription some time, but it's fairly expensive
>>
fucking hell you cunts are retarded
>>
File: 1439231544273.jpg (304 KB, 550x733) Image search: [Google]
1439231544273.jpg
304 KB, 550x733
>>34849744
Y-you too
>>
>>34845952
literal pleb
>>
Reading pic related.
>>
>>34842944

>Lock up the bad feelings
>Use them as fire and motivation at the gym
>>
>>34842944
>Meditate at least 30mins a day
>sleep 9 hours
>listen to dhamma talks by Ajahn Brahm
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.