[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 251
Thread images: 29
File: 1446689621831.jpg (3 KB, 93x125) Image search: [Google]
1446689621831.jpg
3 KB, 93x125
Last QTDDTOT thread is over 300 replies.

How good is this routine for a grill?

AxBxAxx
BxAxBxx
1x5 60% + 1x5 80% + 3x5
Day A
Low-bar squats
Overhead press
Barbell hip thrusts
Lat pull-down
Cable kickback
Deadlifts 1x5

Day B
Low-bar squats
Bench press
Cable pull-through
Adductor machine
Abductor machine
Barbell glute bridge

I've left rows out since gf swims and kayak on weekends since she was a kid, and she does not want bigger traps and lats.
>>
get some more squat variations in there imo

and do some rdl's for those sick hips that don't lie
>>
File: 1446832635999.png (8 KB, 430x373) Image search: [Google]
1446832635999.png
8 KB, 430x373
How do I get over my fear of squatting
I'm fat and although I go at less busy times the PTs are always there and I feel like they don't even want me doing the weights in the first place
>>
File: 1445150409700.jpg (114 KB, 579x570) Image search: [Google]
1445150409700.jpg
114 KB, 579x570
Would it be bad to spread a program over more days? I'm doing 4day upper/lower, could I split it to 6 days, and just to the same number of sets/reps over all or can you do more and not get fatigued?

>>34833974
What's your fear about? Doing the excercise or the PT not wanting you to be there breh?
>>
>>34833974
according to rippetoe doing Legpress for 3x10 until you can legpress your own bodyweight or 100kg is a good start for fatties. Then get on the sqwazz. There's a goal, then go do them squats mang
>>
>>34834018
Mainly the PTs not letting me
They usually monitor the newfags all the time and teach how to do the exercises
>>
>>34833974
how fat are you? is it affecting your ability to squat? just go to youtube and watch some videos on form. tell the PT's to fuck off if they won't let you squat, you paid for a membership you're allowed to use the equipment
>>
>>34834060
31 bmi
I can squat bodyweight ok enough but since I haven't tried with weights I don't know how it would transfer
>>
>>34834106
>>34834018 me
Breh I weigh 130kg at 5'9 that like 40 BMI and still ended up squatting bodyweight after a year and a half :) just try it with the bar.
>>
I don't have access to frozen skinless boneless chicken breasts. Am I fucked?
>>
>>34834189
That's really weird, it's a pretty basic of food, it should be sold everywhere
>>
recently I've been feeling really tiny popping on the side of my knee during a squat. It doesn't feel painful at all. Should I be worried?
>>
i have been going on fit daily for 2 months now and i still have no idea how low i should go on squats.....
>>
>>34834106
bmi is such an inaccurate method of determining obesity. have you never gone to the gym? bmi tends to misplace people who have some muscle mass and a little extra body fat. for example, i'm about 165 at 5'7 and it categorizes me as overweight even though i'm at 15% body fat.
>>
>>34834205
As far as frozen goes, all of the grocery stores in my neighborhood only have processed fried chicken and shit.

I mean...I could buy fresh chicken but that's going to be more expensive and I'd have to go buy them more frequently. I guess I'll do it if I have to, though...
>>
>>34834236
I'm weak as shit tho, not much muscle at all, so bmi works

>tfw arm wrestled 52 year old mom earlier this week
>she won
>>
>>34834238
Monday-Wednesday usually has sales on meat at walmart.
Buy it, portion it, freeze it.
>>
>>34834229
No.

>>34834189
>>34834238
Either move out of the ghetto or find the closest costco and make a day trip of driving there with a stack of those insulated shopping bags.
>>
>>34834318
lmfao
>>
>>34834318
i know that feel mang. i used to be on the swim team so i was fairly athletic, but i was weak as fuck. literally couldn't beat a 15 year old in arm wrestling even though i was 17. we were tied and he actually went to the gym, but it was pathetic nonetheless.
>>
File: 300.jpg (29 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
300.jpg
29 KB, 300x300
So I've been given some CLA pills to help me with weightloss, pic related brand to be exact. Should I just use it standard (2 in the morning, 1 afternoon) or should I do other doses? Should I get something else to compliment those pills?
>>
how to get better grip for deadlift without chalk or straps. I know farmers walk is good but my gym doesn't have the barthing for it
>>
File: 20150929_184304.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20150929_184304.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>34834559
Thick bars + weight
Pic related
>>
What does creatine actually do? Is it worth getting?
>>
I'm so fucking confused atm, i'm hoping someone can help me, i'm not a regular here. I have been working on losing weight for the past 5 months or so. I have been eating 1200cal a day and going to the gym 5-6 days a week. I'm 20 f, 5'3, 140lbs currently. My bmr is about 1470. Have i been under eating for weightloss or putting my body under stress? My weight hasn't been moving much lately. I have been getting conflicting information everywhere i look.
>>
File: fear of werewolf.jpg (56 KB, 453x604) Image search: [Google]
fear of werewolf.jpg
56 KB, 453x604
When I squat, my knees grind a lot. It's not painful, and it doesn't hurt the next day. However, it's really disconcerting. Moar weight = moar grinding. Yesterday, I changed my squat stance to more V like and it went away a bit. (I changed on my last set.) Is this okay? Anything else I can do? The grinding makes me want to puke.
>>
>>34834594
What's that chair thing with a hole in the middle and a bucket under? Do you really take shits there?
>>
>>34834650
Puts water in muscles. Yes.
>>
File: hunched-back1.jpg (9 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
hunched-back1.jpg
9 KB, 300x225
Anyone here have any tips for someone with a slight hunched back caused by sitting in front of a computer with bad form?
>>
Have my noob gains worn off?

I'm at 242 lbs roughly right now after eating dinner and drinking. Have tried to not eat more then 2600 calories a day. Sometimes less, sometimes more. I can squat 205 5x5 and have been able to deadlift 275 5x1. I've seemed to plateau there though, haven't been able to progress past it.

What do I do now? Do I need to cut deeper and just try and maintain my gains/work on my weak muscles like my bench? Or just do a complete deload and equalize to my weakest lift (Bench press) for a 1/2/3/4?
>>
>>34834818
Pull ups, rows, good mornings, anything that will work your back muscles. Hunching over makes your chest tight and pulls your shoulders inwards, look at exercises that will do the opposite. Can also lay on an exercise ball to open your chest up. Also, raise/alter your desk set up so you're not hunched over.
>>
>>34834234
anyone? how low should one go on squats?
>>
>>34834858

As low as you can go without a buttwink.
>>
>>34834791
Cheapest place online is BB.com right?
>>
Hello /g/ here I'm currently skinny fat, I've read your sticky but it says eat 10*body weight on a cut but everyone keeps telling me to eat at 500 Cal deficit at first. What is the right way?
I currently weight 204lbs so I should eat around 2040 or 2700,would it even make any difference
>>
>>34834781
I used to work at a disability equipment place where they'd come rent stuff. That is a transfer bench for the wheelchair bound. They slide themselves onto and off it to get into the bath tub. Some of them have a hole for a bucket because some disabled people can't use toilets.

>>34834733
Pointing your toes out more is fine.

>>34834828
How fast are you losing weight on 2600? You can still get stronger losing one or two pounds a week if you microload. Either get some micro plates or buy some 2" washers from Fastenal some someplace like that.
>>
>>34835117

I dunno really, I was 245~ sometime in september. So I am thinking I am losing about a half a lb a week. Using 2.5lb plates (the smallest my uni gym has) I have been able to progress to a decent OHP/Squat/Deadlift. I just can't go up every exercise any longer. For example for my OHP, it takes about three times doing the exercise before I really feel comfortable moving the weight. Squats I can move up every other day for those.
>>
>>34835030
Go to a TDEE calculator like this one

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

And fill out the information. It'll spit out a number. That's how much you should eat per day to maintain weight. If you want to lose weight, subtract a % of those calories. Start with around -10% at first.

Percentage based subtraction is recommended instead of a flat 500, because say you're a 90 pound girl who's TDEE is 1500, reducing by a flat 500 is cutting out a third of her intake, meanwhile a giant bear mode monster who weighs 300 pounds is going to hardly be phased.
>>
>>34835214
How long do you rest between sets? You might just need a few more minutes.

You're a bit heavy and a little under trained so you might want to look into some cardio to help recovery between sets. Some light jogging or prowler pushing.
>>
I want to start SS and build muscle and strength and shit, but I also look very fat still from losing weight. I dropped from 360lbs to 180lbs currently doing nothing but cardio and eating less. I tried getting to 160lbs but I've been stuck at 177-180 for months now, no matter how little I eat or cardio I do, I can't drop the weight. After being so big, I don't want to be fat anymore, so the thought of possibly gaining any weight from building muscle is scary. Will I be able to maintain my 180 while doing SS or would I possibly gain some weight. I'm 6 feet tall so 180 is pretty normal, kinda fat I think, but I dunno. Pretty much, since I can't seem to lose anymore weight (without really starving myself), I want to I guess build muscle in hopes that that will make me look better, but I'm scared of gaining weight. Should I be worried?
>>
File: it's go time.jpg (34 KB, 448x310) Image search: [Google]
it's go time.jpg
34 KB, 448x310
>>34835117
>Pointing your toes out more is fine.
Thanks m8. Have been doing some reading on wide stance squats. Can't wait to hit the gym again to give it a try.
>>
>>34835291

I was thinking of doing swimming, but I realized I am uncomfortable with that still. I am not terribly concerned with breaking a 4pl8 deadlift. I've only seen one guy break that at my uni gym, and that's from a gym rat.
>>
Power cage, bench, barbells (and weights along with clips), and treadmill are all I need for a 'I'm too lazy to work out properly but I still want to pretend, right' type of rig?
>>
>>34835463

4pl8 on each side?

Jesus, you're already fucking badass by that weight...

WEll done.
>>
Is it rude for me to put my trash bags out early? Pickup is Monday and today's Saturday. I'm a new neighbor and if it is something that would bother anyone I'll bring them back in, it's no big deal. I probably won't be home tomorrow.
>>
What the fuck is 2pl8? Is it 2 45s on each side?
>>
>>34835544

Some local ordinances specifically forbid this.

Even my podunk town says 'you can only put it out a day early on holidays'.

Then again, there's also no enforcement here.
>>
>>34835544
Nice dubdubs.

I personally would be annoyed if someone put their trash out early. However, if you put it in a container so animals won't rip it apart and will be gone the day it's to be picked up, I'd forgive you.
>>
>>34835564
lol alright I'll bring it back in
>>
>>34835512
You don't need the treadmill, the sidewalk is free.
>>
>>34835609

Well okay. But I can buy a treadmill for if I get opulent and don't want to run around the town/on unsafe places, right?
>>
One piece or bikini in the sauna or does it matter?
>>
So I'm joining a gym Monday after finally getting a job and getting my first paycheck. I'll be doing SL 5x5 with some accessories at the end. I know I'll be starting really low on all the lifts then adding 5lbs every workout, but should I still be eating my bulking calories during these light workouts? I won't be getting any real strength gains at all, so I feel like all those extra calories will just go to fat instead of building muscle during those first workouts when I'm never really struggling.
>>
>>34835634
it probably won't make much of a difference. you're right that you're doing mostly learning the movements now, but it's still good to get into the routine
>>
>>34835559
yes
>>
>>34835664
Ok, sounds good. It'll just give me a little more to burn off when I get into my cut, I guess.
>>
>>34835672
Right, thanks. The context people use 2pl8 makes it seem like that'd be it but... it's always not 100% clear so it's nice to get that clarity.
>>
Does getting no DOMS after almost 2 years of lifting mean I didn't train enough yesterday?
>>
/fit/, how should I take creatine? Google gives opposing information,, some say to do a loading period and drink it with juice and shit and others say that that is all bullshit and to just take 3-5 grams daily and take it whenever. What should I do?
>>
>>34835699
getting DOMS after every workout is not a good sign, if you are adding weight and keeping your form in check you should be fine. Its a mistake to measure your progress by DOMS, just make sure you are progressing in regards to weights.
>>
>>34836002
snort or inject.
>>
>>34836012
fucking hell i thought /qtddtot/ was shitpost free
>>
For deadlifts is it better to do hook grips or train your grip for overhand/underhand grip
>>
>>34836002
pls /fit/ i dont wanna overdose and go on a creatine killing spree
>>
>>34836046
the latter
>>
>>34834712
Anyone? How many cals should i be eating a day?
>>
what the fuck is diet coke?
>0g of everything
>0 calories

can I just drink this shit whenever I want with no consequences?
>>
>>34834712
you eventually do reach a plateau after losing water weight, you are probably better off eating clean at maintenance at this point if you have plateaued. You can't feasibly cut forever, eating at maintenance or slightly above it while eating "clean" foods (stuff mentioned in the sticky) is better for weight loss/ maintenance.
>>
>>34836142
prob not a good idea desu, too hard to give up soda? c'mon
>>
>>34836166

no, i haven't had a soda in years
i just actually read the nutrition for the first time tho
>>
>>34836181
I hear aspartame is bad for you, which is the sweetener in it. But it could just be broscience desu
>>
So, an injury left me having a malformed shoulder. Doing half ROM, I made it up to 1.5pl8, while doing full ROM, I can barely manage half a plate, and have been stuck at it for weeks, while my half rom was progressing well. Should I keep grinding at perfect rom, and possibly stall out forever because I just can't support much weight on my shoulder, or keep growing using shit forme?
>>
>>34836142
Artificial sweetener which doesn't offer any actual danger in any realistic pribability.

Really, it's only shortcoming is doesn't clean you out as well as water, but as long as you're getting plenty of water anyway, and you're having it on a occasion, I don't see a problem in it.
>>
>>34836142

Tastes like shit

if you need something sweet to drink, with some flavor try lipton green tea with citrus. 120 calorie for a 20oz versus 250 for a similar fizzy burning drink.

>>34836270

I believe its also bad for people with problems in their intestinal tract. That it functions like a laxative for them which is not very good since it stops them from getting nutrients they need.
>>
File: 800px-Instant_coffee.jpg (99 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
800px-Instant_coffee.jpg
99 KB, 800x600
I don't drink coffee, I just swallow instant coffee dry. Is this harmful in any way?
>>
>>34836156
Thanks, i'll try that and see how i go!
>>
Is GSLP a good program for cutting? Fatfuck here, just starting out.
>>
Should I skip breakfast if I had a pretty big cheat meal for dinner?
>>
I am INCREDIBLY immobile. I have been stretching for the past 2 weeks and still cannot get anywhere close to a proper squat. I'm lucky if I hit paralllel. My hips, hamstrings and tendons are all incredibly tight.

Should I start lifting anyways? I'm afraid of fucking up my technique in the long run and getting injured.
>>
Is there any approximation for how much more muscle is built during a caloric surplus than a deficit? Have there been any studies on exactly how much benefit bulking has on LBM or strength gains?
>>
>>34836840
pls respond
>>
>>34836840
>>34837226
okay ;;
>>
So a little while ago at LA Fitness, i had a free session with a pt and they gave me a bf% machine and it measured me at ~9% bf. I find that hard to believe because im a bit chubby and felt like im along the lines of 15% or 20%. I cant take pics right cuz im laying in bed in the dark. Also im a manlet just starting lifting doing SL. Im 5'7 147lbs and is it just that im short so i look chubby or is the machine measuring wrong? Cause the way the machine work is by measuring in yours hand and only your hands. Sorry if this post is confusing to read. Its 330am here and im kinda tired
>>
About how long should I wait to drink after a workout so I don't kill my gains?
I tend to lift in the early morning on weekends and then drink late at night.
>>
File: arm.png (588 KB, 507x623) Image search: [Google]
arm.png
588 KB, 507x623
>>34833814
was diagnosed with sleep apnea today (essentially means that i never enter deep sleep due to waking 5-10 times per night).

i've lifted for the last two years and have had above average results, nonetheless:

how much is this affecting my gains, if at all?
>>
>>34837765
pls
>>
>>34837434
Those machines are notoriously inaccurate.
>>
>>34837933
>>34837765
respond.
>>
>>34836840
>>34837226
>>34837406
start lifting now and work around it

for example if you can't perform a full squat, perform a partial range squat but always prioritise form

if you can't deadlift with a neutral spine, do rack pulls or deadlift off blocks
>>
22/m dieting fag here. Yesterday I had my fat percentage taken in the hospital and it was about 20,5%. At what body fat level will I be 'average'/lean?
>>
>>34836320
Please response.
>>
ayy i'm looking for a calisthenic routine in order have lean and defined muscles (like rock climbers)
i'd like to be able to see most of my muscles without them being too big i don't care about volume or strength
i want this because i'm a lunatic

i'm already thin so no fat to lose
>>
6'7" atm
Chiropractor says that If I get my back fixed I'll be 6'10"
30000$
That's what I make in half a year
Should I do it?
Also my back hurts
>>
>>34838204
SS + GOMAD then diet when you are strong enough for your taste. Then something like Convict conditionning. That's the fastest way for your goals.
>>
>>34836142
Destroys your teeth.
>>
>>34838239
Why would you want to be even lankletier than you already are?
>>
Is there anything wrong with going well under your BMR for an extended period of time if you feel fine?
>>
>>34836142
fucks up your teeth senpai, been drinking too much diet coke for years and it literally chips away at your teeth. I try not to drink as much but it's hard, my advice is, if you can quit easily, fucking do it.
>>
>>34838239
>chiropractor
>30000$
>from 6'7 to 6'10

Is this bait?
>>
why does my right hip joint hurt in the first two sets of squats but in the third, fourth and fifth everything is good?
>>
When is the best time to train a muscle group for them to look big without a pump
For example should I train arms a day before or 2 days before for them to look bigger
>>
>>34839030
That doesn't happen.
>>
File: 1443792569590.jpg (2 MB, 2544x1850) Image search: [Google]
1443792569590.jpg
2 MB, 2544x1850
>>34833814
Pls respond
>>
>>34838703
>>34838963
it's to fix my back, becoming 6'10" is a side effect
it's not to get taller
also i'm not really that lanky, pretty proportional i would say
>>
File: photo.png (201 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
photo.png
201 KB, 512x512
If I'm doing a split of the ABCxABCx

I.e. effectively like a PPL split, how many sets per day of a given muscle group is sufficient? For example, on day B - triceps, chest, shoulder day for me, I do 12 sets for shoulders.

I saw a YouTube video where a guy said he does up to 20-25 sets just for shoulders...but I think his split is only shoulders once a week, so the extra volume is justified.

For an intermediate (close to 1 year lifting) is 12 sets twice a week more sensible in an ABCxABCx scheme or is 20 sets twice a week advisable? Thanks.
>>
>>34839242

of the form ABCxABCx. **

Woops.
>>
>>34833814
>>34839105
Is she a novice? If so just have her run SS. Any routine you'd give a man to run would be good for a woman we all have the same muscles.

>she does not want bigger traps and lats.
A woman can't get jacked without chemical assistance.
>>
Never lifted in my life. The other day I tried doing bicep curls. Now my arms hurt. It at the height of the elbow, but on the inner part of the arm. They hurt when I try to elongate it.

Did I fuck up or is this normal if I had never done any exercise? In any case: is there any way to make the pain go again faster?
>>
>>34839242
if muscle size is the goal:more volume=mo gainz
>>
>>34839242
12 sets twice a week is more than enough for your shoulders. In my opinion it may actually be overkill, depending on your exercise selection - Remember that your front delts also get hit hard every time you bench press.
It really depends on how hard you go at it though. 5 really hard sets may equal 8 semi-hard sets or 14 sloppy junk sets, if you know what I mean. Not that one approach is necessarily always better than the other.

>>34839105
I would increase the reps on everything. 5 reps is cool for the first couple of months while she's learning the exercises and sees strength increases through neuromuscular adaptations. After that initial phase she should crank up the volume via higher rep ranges in order to elicit a hypertrophy response in those glutes. Women also don't do well with low reps as they're generally able to perform more reps with the same % of their 1RM than men are. In other words, she can use a weight that is as heavy as the one you use, relatively speaking, but she will be able to get more reps with it.
Also, speaking of glutes you could remove at least 1 exercise per day. 4 butt exercises 3 times a week is a bit excessive.

>>34839711
>A woman can't get jacked without chemical assistance.
That's simply not true. Although it depends on your definition of jacked of course.

>>34839903
It's normal. It's only because you're not used to it.
Nothing will make the pain disappear, but good nutrition, rest and possibly light training to get some bloodflow into the area can accelerate the process.

>>34839937
True, but only up until at point, after which more volume actually becomes counterproductive.
>>
>>34839903
>>34840048
Thanks
>>
File: side chest.jpg (15 KB, 300x375) Image search: [Google]
side chest.jpg
15 KB, 300x375
>>34840048

Oh yeah, that's true.

I do plate raises supersetted with lateral raises, followed by side lateral raises and alternate between seated overhead dumbbell press and standing barbell press.

Then again I'm doing a bit of incline pressing and incline bench so desu in actuality I probably do a bit more than 12 sets per session.

I'm training at home atm, but do you think my exercise selection is lacking rear delt work perhaps? I plan on doing facepulls when I join a gym.

Thanks a heap for the reply boss.
>>
>do 72,5 kg x 5 bench
>decide to go up
>barely bench 75 kg for 3 reps

>47,5 kg x 5 OHP
>decide to go up to 50 kg next time
>barely get 3 shitty reps

>do 120 kg deadlift x 5
>decide to go up
>barely get 3 reps

Is this normal?
happened twice now, deloaded and went up again but only 2,5 kg costs me 2 reps on each lift.

What do?
>>
>>34840072
>do you think my exercise selection is lacking rear delt work perhaps?
Yes it is. You could easily turn your front raise/lateral raise superset into a tri-set including rear lateral raises though. Although I'm not personally a fan of front raises because the front delts get so much stimulation from everything else (they do help a bit with upper chest though, so they're not entirely useless).
Something few people realize is that you can actually also do Facepulls with dumbbells, if you lay face down on a slight incline bench. It's an excellent exercise.
>>
>>34840109

you glorious kunt

That helps a lot. Have a good one brah!!
>>
>>34840107
>Is this normal?
Yeah this is usually what happens once linear progression begins coming to an end.
First of all, is your bodyweight slowly increasing? If it isn't, you're not building any muscle and progress will be hard no matter what.

If your bodyweight is gradually going up though, you have two options:
#1 Deload a little and start using the so-called double progession method, which means that you'll add one repetition to each working set every session until you hit 3 sets of 8 reps. Then you add a little weight and go back to doing 5's with this new weight, and start adding reps again. Rinse repeat. You'll also build more muscle this way.
#2 Switch to an intermediate program.
>>
Just started taking Concerta(methylphenidate hcl) yesterday for the first time and also trained. I noticed while squatting my working weight I felt like I was about to pass out. After the training session I felt really dizzy and was incapable of reading(could read words but had almost no reading comprehension/couldn't remember what I had just read for more than half a second).

What the fuck? Will I just not be able to train on meds or should I try a different drug?
>>
>>34839711
>A woman can't get jacked without chemical assistance.

Of course she is not massive like her brother, though they both row and swim since childhood. But she got pretty big traps and lats for grill standards.
>>
>>34840072
>I probably do a bit more than 12 sets per session
>a bit more than 12 sets per session
>12 sets per session

Real brosplit retardedness there. You're doing way too much volume and it sounds like you're only doing once per week. I really hope you're on steroids or enjoy your suboptimal gains.
>>
>>34840048
>she will be able to get more reps with it.
Yeah, I thought of making it 3x6 for big compounds, 3x8 for isolates, 3x10 for machine isolates, since she's pretty sporty though new to lifting. Now you gave me better reasons to do it. Thanks senpai.
I think I'll leave cable pullthrough/kickback out for the moment, and add it back later if convenient.
>>
>>34840362

Twice a week, dude.

ABCxABCx.
>>
>>34840375
Cool. It's still retarded. There's research disproves the whole "hypertrophy rep range" bullshit and rest time myths. You also don't need to train to failure to gain full benefits from lifting. Protein synthesis also takes max 48 hours so limiting your frequency to 2x/week is pointless. If you reduced volume per session and trained each bodypart 3x/week you'd see much better results desu family.

If you're on gear none of that matters however.
>>
File: 89006gz.jpg (30 KB, 340x604) Image search: [Google]
89006gz.jpg
30 KB, 340x604
>>34840459

N'aw I'm natty and I've seen decent mass gains from it.

Thanks for the advice tho brah. Always good to learn something new. I'll research some other programs too.
>>
>>34840459
? Please show me this research, because according to the NSCA and ACSM, among other organizations that do strength and conditioning research, there is in fact an ideal rep range for focusing on hypertrophy. Note that I said ideal.
>>
I often see that planks are a decent exercise for the core.
But how much planks should I do ? Like 5x 1minute ? More ? Longer ?
>>
Today was supposed to be chest day but I got pain in my shoulder
I got drunk on friday and I like to sleep with my amr stretched our under my head which is terrible for shoulder but even then I could wake up instinctively eveyr hour or so to switch my arm so i dont hurt myself.
I hurt myself.
I feel pain in my left shoulder If I laterally bring up my arm and then move it across the chest I feel I feel pain somewhere in the region where shulder and chest meet
Also If I taker my arm and put it behind my back it also hurts.
Can anyone tell me why is that and should I do chest today or let it recover?
>>
>>34840535
20s to 60s of each plank (frontal + sides)
Here's a good program: >http://fitloop.co
>>
>>34840459
This guy is a prime example of someone who knows just enough to think he's some kind of expert, but really has no fucking clue.
>>
>>34840611
Nice projection m8. Don't cancel your subscription to flex magazine brah
>>
File: 1435128803006.png (70 KB, 1008x1008) Image search: [Google]
1435128803006.png
70 KB, 1008x1008
>>34840501
>>
are BCAA's worth it for bulking if you could get it cheap?
>>
>>34833974
Go either super early or super late then also bring a friend
>>
How do I last longer in bed /fit/? Even when I'm masturbating I nut in like a minute or two
>>
Mixed grip or double overhand with straps?

I tried with straps today and couldn't even get one rep of my 5 RM of mixed grip on DLs
>>
>>34840885
that makes no sense, you should get more reps with straps if your grip is a limiting factor
sure you're not talking about double overhand vs mixed grip?
>>
whats a good replacement for rows?

Chest flyes on the same day as benching?
>>
>>34836002
I cycle it and don't bother putting it in a drink. Just poor it on your tounge and drink it down with some water. It is so much quicker and easier that way.
>>
>>34840913
Last week I did my 1x5 deadlifts with mixed grip
today I tried it with 2,5 kg added and DO with straps. Couldn't get one rep.
>>
>>34833814
Is it normal for people to do box squats at the smith machine with a belt and pad? I just saw three guys doing them. I have mistaken hack squats and rack pulls for people not knowing what they are doing so I could be mistaking this for something legit maybe?
>>
>>34840854
Learn to fuck. Focus on her pleasure (cunnilinctus + masturbation), "frictioning" your dick when fucking rather than in/out, and then let yourself go (in/out when she's riding, doggystyle etc). Also, move your hips.
>>
>>34840975
What about with guys lol
>>
>>34837765
I have no idea....i am a very light sleeper and have to take 10mg of melatonin to help
>>
>>34841011
Well maybe the same applies, but I don't know, I only fuck grills desu kek
>>
>>34840259
Anybody have anything for this?
>>
Has anyone got Practical Programming in .epub for download?
>>
Can I do cardio on my off days of SS? I really love cardio and am pretty good at it and it's been my main source of exercise for my weight loss.
>>
>>34841217
Found it here, if anyone is interested too:
> http://gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=fc069f2506866ca6461fa015d7ab2178
>>
>>34841340
yes
remember to stretch and rest more
>>
>>34841367
Nice. Thanks, will do
>>
>>34833814
>she does not want bigger traps and lats.
>Lat pull-down
>Deadlifts 1x5

Also
>Deadlifts 1x5
>Barbell glute bridge
at the end of a workout.
Do that shit before accessories.

Also
>Low-bar squats
every day.
That'll give her some big-ass quads, which not all girls like.

Also, doing (bench) presses, but not rows, will fuck up the shoulders in the long run.
>>
>>34840937
congratz, you're retarded
>>
>>34841564
lat pulldowns are the antagonist exercise of bench in this routine
>>
What's the recipe for big arms? High weight low reps or low weight high reps? And how often should I work them?
>>
>>34841854
High weight high reps
doing High weight low reps will make you injure yourself
low weight high reps won't bring you gains
>>
>>34841878
So maybe 80% for 10-12 reps?
>>
>>34841921
that'd be good but if your 1rm is 10kg there's no use of it
>>
>>34841564
>>34841839
>Deadlifts 1x5
I've switched that for romanian dl.

>Lat pull-down
>lat pulldowns are the antagonist exercise of bench in this routine
This, also, the progression will be lighter on these. Also, she rows (on kayak) every other weekend since she was a kid kek

>That'll give her some big-ass quads, which not all girls like.
She already has big-ass quads by biking everywhere for years. I want to teach her front squats when I have the time, then switch low-bar for front squats.
>>
Does OHP work only front delt and tris or lateral and rear delt too?
>>
>>34839226
go to a real doctor
>>
>>34841972
I don't really understand why you make her do that much upper body lifts though considering she's already doing some sport and doesn't want to get big
>>
>>34841980
Barbell Military Press

>Target
>Deltoid, Anterior

Synergists
>Pectoralis Major, Clavicular
>Triceps Brachii
>Deltoid, Lateral
>Trapezius, Middle
>Trapezius, Lower
>Serratus Anterior, Inferior Digitations

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/DeltoidAnterior/BBMilitaryPress.html
>>
>>34841980
if you have good form on ohp consider your rear untrained and add some lateral assistance if you want the bber shoulder look
>>
>>34840259
>>34841175
Switch to Adderall XR or just Adderall with the dosage spread out among 4 times instead of the once or twice a day. The XR will be more expensive.

Also consider reducing your dosage of Concerta before switching to Adderall, and if you have issues once you switch to Adderall, reduce dosage of that.

Make these changes through your doctor, don't just start taking half and don't break your Concerta in half to reduce dosage, because it's designed to be extended release and you will get a larger portion of the dosage immediately after taking then intended.

Also don't take Concerta or Adderall on an empty stomach.
>>
>>34841839
>>34841972
Lat-pulldowns are an antagonist exercise to overhead presses, not bench presses.
An antagonist exercise to bench presses would be rows.

>>34841980
>>34842041
>>34842044
The lateral delts can get pretty undeveloped if you're only doing ohp's and no lateral delt movements like band face-pull aparts or dumbell lateral raises.
The ohp hit the rear delts so little, they can't be developed with ohp's.
>>
>>34842136
back is back
although rows and pullups aren't the same motion they train the upper back enough to counter the bench rolling shoulders
>>
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 919x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 919x720
Is lifting PPLPPLx too much volume for one week?
>>
>>34842136
>The lateral delts can get pretty undeveloped if you're only doing ohp's and no lateral delt movements like band face-pull aparts or dumbell lateral raises.
>The ohp hit the rear delts so little, they can't be developed with ohp's.
that's exactly what I said in >>34842044
>>
>>34842187
not too much depending on what are i those days but not optimal either
>>
File: rows.png (42 KB, 445x540) Image search: [Google]
rows.png
42 KB, 445x540
>>34842160
>back is back
See attached image.

>>34842188
Yup, I was agreeing with you.
>>
>>34842281
>although rows and pullups aren't the same motion they train the upper back enough to counter the bench rolling shoulders
>>
>>34842025
Is that too much? I thought it was pretty basic; and was aiming not to progress much in the upper lifts.

>>34842136
>An antagonist exercise to bench presses would be rows.
She swims and rows regularly since she was a kid, her back is noticeably the most developed part. I guess she lifted for her back, along with swimming and rowing regularly, her back would get bigger, and she doesn't want that.
>>
I have no clue what to wear at the gym and I constantly feel oily/sweaty. I feel bad after people use the equipment after me, even if I wipe it down.
>>
>>34842379
> I guess she lifted for her back, along with swimming and rowing regularly, her back would get bigger, and she doesn't want that.
Yeah, that makes sense, okay.

I just don't get why you'd pick lat pull downs over rows.
That'll only make her lats slightly bigger, instead of reardelts and rhomboids and mid traps.
>>
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 800x778) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 800x778
Is it actually possible to lose fat and gain strength at the same time with the proper diet and rest?
>>
>>34841564
>That'll give her some big-ass quads
Low bar doesn't hit the quads that hard. Besides she'll pretty much have to do some serious quad work with all that glute training to prevent imbalances.

>>34841854
People get caught up in specialization programs, dropsets, rest-pause, giant-sets etc. when really all you need is:
#1 Progressive overload
#2 Eat enough
If one of two of the above isn't adressed, you will see no gains in arm size.

>>34842160
Wrong. Pull-ups mainly work the lats and these muscles do nothing to counter bench pressing. In fact the opposite is true as the latissimus dorsi cause internal rotation just like the pectoralis major.
Lots of exercises help balance out horizontal pressing, but pull-ups aren't really among them.

>>34842379
The routine you made for her is reasonably balanced. Although you have her do lat pull-downs, which don't do much in this regard, you also have her do overhead presses and deadlifts, which both help (Yes, OHP actually counts as a "pull" in the push/pull ratio balancing act).

>>34840655
The "hypertrophy rep-range" is not bullshit. The 8-12 rep range hits the sweet spot between being light enough to allow a very large recoverable volume, but heavy enough to actually elicit a strong training stimulus.
>>
>>34842595
Yes. I made it to 2pl8 before I ever bulked.
>>
Is it normal to only lose a pound a week even though during the middle of the week I somehow gain a few pounds then it comes off when I weigh again at the gym.
>>
>>34842726
Be consistent with how you weigh yourself. Always do it in the morning. Before eating breakfast/drinking anything, and after taking a dump.
That said, losing a pound a week is pretty much ideal unless you're a disgusting fat piece of shit. A slow weight loss is much easier to maintain.
>>
>>34842690
>Low bar doesn't hit the quads that hard.
Very wrong.

>Besides she'll pretty much have to do some serious quad work with all that glute training to prevent imbalances.
Probably wrong too.

"Comparing front and back squats, neither Stuart et al. (1996), Gullett et al. (2009) or Contreras et al. (2015b) found any differences in muscle activity (with the same absolute or relative loads). However, Yavuz et al. (2015) found that front and back squats displayed equal levels of muscle activity for the vastus lateralis and rectus femoris but greater levels in the front squat for the vastus medialis (with the same relative loads)."
Source: http://www.strengthandconditioningresearch.com/exercises/squat/#Findings-3

>Yes, OHP actually counts as a "pull" in the push/pull ratio balancing act
kek
>>
>>34842766
Started gym a year ago and was over 15stone, weighed in at 12st 13 on wed.
>>
>>34842768
>Very wrong.
Relatively speaking. They're much, much easier on the quads than high-bar and front squats. They DO still hit the quads, which - as I said - is a good thing, because she HAS to do some quad work when training glutes that much in order to prevent imbalances.
Which leads me to my next point...

>"Comparing front and back squats, neither Stuart et al. (1996), Gullett et al. (2009) or Contreras et al. (2015b) found any differences in muscle activity (with the same absolute or relative loads). However, Yavuz et al. (2015) found that front and back squats displayed equal levels of muscle activity for the vastus lateralis and rectus femoris but greater levels in the front squat for the vastus medialis (with the same relative loads)."
Source: http://www.strengthandconditioningresearch.com/exercises/squat/#Findings-3
I don't understand how this has anything whatsoever to do with creating a balance between the anterior and posterior side of the body.

>kek
Thoracic extension, serratur anterior, upward rotation of the scapula etc. All good things that help counter too much pectoralis major (and minor) work.
>>
>>34842595
Yes anon, but your progress will be slower and you'll stall faster until you start eating more
>>
I know this is different for everyone, based on several factors, but:

How much weight did you gain on your first bulk before you started to visually notice the fat gain?
>>
>>34842837
>I don't understand how this has anything whatsoever to do with creating a balance between the anterior and posterior side of the body.
You fucking moron, ofcourse that refers to how the quads are hit pretty much equally in front/back squats.
I just put it at the wrong place, should've been above the imbalance thing.
>They're much, much easier on the quads than high-bar and front squats.
So no, that's wrong.

>Thoracic extension, serratur anterior, upward rotation of the scapula etc. All good things that help counter too much pectoralis major (and minor) work.
>Thoracic extension
>serratur anterior
Nope, not more than in a bench press.

Also what do strong serratus anteriors have to do with countering pec work?
>>
>>34833814

Anyone of you know where I can get ephedrine in the UK??? Preferably reliable and not expensive
>>
>>34835627
nothing but a towel under your butt.
>>
>>34842954
>that's wrong.
No. No it isn't. I don't care what study you throw at me (already read that one btw). Anybody who's actually been in the gym and who's actually walked the walk - consistently - will be able to tell you just how much of a difference there is in how your quads feel when doing a low-bar squat compared to e.g. a front squat.

>>34842954
>what do strong serratus anteriors have to do with countering pec work?
One of the - of not THE - biggest problems with tight pecs is that it creates internal rotation and anterior tilt in the scapula. The serratur anterior helps prevent this, together with the lower trapezius.
>>
>>34836320
should be fine. however, you might want to drink a glass of water afterwards. coffee makes you piss so drink at least the amount of water that would be in a normal cup of coffee.
>>
>>34842410
T shirts, shorts, tank tops, whatever you're comfortable in. Bringing in a small towel to place on the bench/equipment is a courteous thing to do if you're someone who swears a lot. Wiping down afterwards is always appreciated.

>>34842187
Depends entirely on the exercise selection and volume for the split.

>>34840966
No, it's not.

>>34840922
Pullups/lat pulldowns. The carryover between vertical and horizontal pulling isn't exact, but it's the closest equivalent.

>>34840727
They may be unnecessary if you get plenty of protein in your diet, but if you can get them cheap, why not.

>>34842993
Can you get Primatene or Bronkaid OTC in the UK?

>>34842906
You kind of answered your own question, it's individual. I can usually see at least a slight loss of abdominal definition within the first month. Some of that's due to puffiness from water retention though.
>>
>>34843077
>>34842993

We have chesteze. But you have to sign a register and you can only buy one pack at a time. pretty shit mang
>>
>>34843045
>No. No it isn't. I don't care what study you throw at me (already read that one btw). Anybody who's actually been in the gym and who's actually walked the walk - consistently - will be able to tell you just how much of a difference there is in how your quads feel when doing a low-bar squat compared to e.g. a front squat.
>I don't care what study you throw at me
>Anybody who's actually been in the gym
>who's actually walked the walk
>will be able to tell you just how much of a difference there is in how your quads feel
>feel
Literally broscience.

>already read that one btw
It's not one study, you mong.
>>
>>34843129
>Literally broscience.
In other words, you don't even lift? Are you going to tell me that you feel like you get the same quad stimulation when you lowbar squat as you do when you high-bar squat? Are you? Really?
>>
>>34843196
All of these guys are ugly shitskins, so yes, you are an ugly shitskin.

Nah forreal though you are ugly
>>
>>34843163
Front squats allow for greater range of motion, especially where it matters for the knee extensors, namely around parallel.
So yup, I do do front squats.
Actually at the moment, I don't even do back squats, just front squats.

You shouldn't try to propagate broscience though.
>>
>>34843249
youre definitely not handsome.
>>
what do you guys think about allpro's beginner routine?
>>
>>34843298
It's excellent.
>>
>>34843308

DESIGNATED/10
>>
>>34842424
>I just don't get why you'd pick lat pull downs over rows.
>That'll only make her lats slightly bigger, instead of reardelts and rhomboids and mid traps.

I was kind of finnicky but: bigger rear delts and mid traps may hid collarbones, which is a feminine feature for grills; while lats slightly bigger will increase chest-to-waist ration, giving in a more hourglass look, maybe. This is might be cherry picking, but given she already has developed traps from rowing and swimming, I chose the 'safer' way.
>>
>>34843196
>>34843308
6, typical indian curry
>>
File: 1447015147933 (2).jpg (96 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1447015147933 (2).jpg
96 KB, 640x640
>>34843196
>>34843249
You don't even lift, you ugly faggot.
>>
File: 1447011730071.jpg (163 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
1447011730071.jpg
163 KB, 640x1136
>>34843328
>>34843271
>>34843224
not that it matters but I asked because this guy on soc said that I was a 6 and said the same for pic related.
>tfw you will never look like a japanese professional roller blader from the 70s
>>
>>34843196
>I need a rate on my face. I posted this on a thread before , but I need to know whether I am genuinely ugly or not.
>>blue henley

>>34843249
>>>34843224
>m8 I asked for a rating not for an opinion are you special?

>>34843308
>>>34843271
>I asked for a rating.

because he baleeted
>>
File: collarbones.jpg (37 KB, 468x542) Image search: [Google]
collarbones.jpg
37 KB, 468x542
>>34843340
>bigger rear delts and mid traps may hid collarbones
wat, collarbones are on the front, not back.

>while lats slightly bigger will increase chest-to-waist ration, giving in a more hourglass look, maybe
Yeah, no, big lats don't look feminine at all.
>>
>>34843398
You taking this to extremes, which is not the case. She won't get big lats, she's a grill; her lats will be only slight bigger in comparison to lats now. Along to the big boobs she has, it will look like her chest-to-waist is slightly bigger than now, more feminine. But this is kinda cherry picking about looks.

>wat, collarbones are on the front, not back.
Yea, that is clear. But when your traps get bigger (which is no the case of your pic, but the case of gf), it looks like it protrudes out of the back, from shoulders into the neck; then giving a more masculine trapezoidal collarbone looks, than the feminine more squared collarbone looks.

Not to be cocky, but I'm photographer and I'm very used to caring about how masculine/feminine models look.
>>
>>34843533
Yeah, okay, you can disagree that lats are more important than traps to femininety, but that's probably just personal opinion.

You said mid traps and rear delts, both of which you can't even see from the front.
Big upper traps (and levator scapulae) can look more manly though.

>I'm photographer
Nobody cares.
>>
>>34843298
I did it as a beginner instead of SS/SL. It's not bad, but honestly I would have done a linear progression program instead if I could do it all again.

There's a bunch I could nitpick out of it, but the rate of progression is probably the biggest issue I had with it.
>>
>>34843196
you look the best out of the group but thats not saying much at all considering they're all solid 2/10s except for the one next to you who might be a 2.5
>>
Is it ok to not eat/drink more calories after a workout when you've already maxed out all your calories during the night and are going to workout after dinner/before bed?
>>
Does chewing gum frequently give you a better jawline?
>>
File: 47.png (887 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
47.png
887 KB, 1080x1920
Help

I have pain on the left side of my wrist, its dull and hurts more when I touch it, anyone know what it is or how I can stop it next time?
>>
>>34844223
Switch hands, I'm sure he won't mind. So long as you don't lose rhythm or tempo.
Maybe work on off-hand grip strength though.
>daddy likes it when you use your mouth too baby-doll
>>
>>34844333
t-thanks
>>
My gf wants to start training, is SL good for her or shall I teach her another thing? She is a complete beginner.
>>
>>34844479
It's fine for girls. She can still do cardio, abs, etc in addition.
>>
>>34844223
I used to have the same pain in the same area. You have to correct your grip.
>>
>>34844223
Might be carpal tunnel m80
You may need a splint btw to keep your wrist from moving round too much
>>
>>34843959
yes but get at least one pack at once
>>
>>34843887
if you've eaten your al intake for the day you can't eat more$at least if you're cutting
>>
>>34838895
if you feel fine you're not well under your BMR
>>
>>34833814
Face pulls, shoulder dislocations and internal/external rotations are all exercises that improve shoulder mobility and keep your joints healthy.

My question is, are there any similar exercises that improve knee health? I'm terrified of wrecking my knees.
>>
File: Squats-and-Milk.jpg (471 KB, 800x682) Image search: [Google]
Squats-and-Milk.jpg
471 KB, 800x682
TL;DR I got a trainer willing to help me with my form problems but wants paid in cash under the table without the gym he works for knowing. Should I be worried?

--Long Version--

I have been doing SS for a couple months but recently had a minor lower back muscle pull. I am mostly recovered from it now, but I am taking this as a signal that my form needs improvement. Not just in deadlifts, but recently I've been going 5, 4, 4 on bench presses and squats are leaving my shoulder blades sore in ways I am pretty sure can only be done with poor bar placement. I've also been having issues with wrist position on squats and bench presses. I can't seem to keep them straight. All of this was fine earlier on with lighter weights but the heavier weights seem to accentuate any form issues I didn't notice earlier or cause new ones I could easily fix earlier.

Anyways, so I sent a text to my old trainer that I did a month long session with awhile back just to show me how everything works in the gym and the basics of barbell exercises. I mostly used him to force me into the habit of going to the gym in the first place. He replies back in a very vague way, just saying he would talk to me the next time we're both at the gym.

The following Friday he comes up to me and talks to me, but keeps it a lot quieter than usual. He then mentions how I basically just needed a check up session, but the gym didn't have a good way of doing such things. Basically if I went through the gym officially, I would be looking at a minimum of $200 worth of sessions. The standard rate for trainers at the gym is $80/hour. (I live downtown in a city, so I am not surprised if this seems like a rip off.) He tells me he could do a check up session for $60/hour under the table if I just give him cash. I tell him I'll probably do it once my back fully heals, and we leave it at that.

I realize if I get caught with this, we're both in deep shit. What do I need to worry about for a situation like this?
>>
>>34844931
squats
shoulders are like hips and are 3d joints
knees are like elbows and are 2d joints
there's n reason to hurt your knees if you use good form
>>
>>34844946
>we're both in deep shit
what do you risk?
also are you sure he knows what he's doing?
why can't you learnthe form by yourself?
>>
File: 348s.jpg (22 KB, 348x348) Image search: [Google]
348s.jpg
22 KB, 348x348
>>34844997
I mean, I guess the risk factor isn't TOO bad. Worst case for me is I get kicked out because I am just on a nice month to month contract. Trainer's worst case scenario is losing his job, but he actually works at this gym as a trainer to help fund a crossfit gym he owns outside the city that he's trying to get going.

As far as why I can't do it myself, I mean, I don't know what to say here that doesn't sound like lame excuses besides "I read up on what I can and watch all the form videos I can and apply all I can remember when doing the exercise and I still have problems." I am continuously going back to Ripp's SS book, asking questions in this thread, watching form videos on youtube, etc.

I think the biggest issue is just trying to remember everything during the set. Only so much I can remember in the moment. I often remember most of what I need to keep in mind for the first few reps but toward the end form suffers because I have a bad habit of rushing the finish. Just a lot easier for me to have someone there to give me instant feedback while doing it versus asking some stranger to stop what he's doing to video tape me on my phone so I can post it on youtube to get critique and try to remember what was going through my mind during that set as people give me feedback.
>>
do i need cardio to cut?
e.g if i eat completely clean count calories etc and lift will i cut at a reasonable rate?
>>
>>34845117
you don't neeed it wbut it'll help
just cutting cals is enoiugh
>>
>>34845103
if he's tying to fund a crossfit gym h most likely is a terrible trainer
remmebering what to do shouldn't be an active task you're training your body to do it by itslef
film yourself by putting your camera on a bench and post vids here we'll help you for free
>>
>>34845167
Only camera I got is on my phone and I don't have a stand for that.
>>
>>34845200
you can buiy one for less than 60$ you know....
>>
>>34845167
>>34845200
Also, as much as we all seem to hate crossfit, the only local member of the Starting Strength Coaches Associate available for training works out of a crossfit gym up the street about ten blocks from my current gym. Well, I shouldn't say he's the only one but the only one within reasonable walking/biking distance. All the others are about a 30 minute to 1 hour bus ride, only shaving off 10 minutes if I use my own car due to terrible traffic here.

Also Ripp was here not long ago for a seminar and did it in that crossfit gym the certified trainer works in. Not sure what the certification is worth, but figured it was worth mentioning.
>>
>>34845281
ripp doesn't go with crossfitters
at least officially
I still don't see the use of a trainer but you're free
>>
Hey brehs,

I had gastric bypass 3 years ago because i had way too high insulin resistance as a type 1 diabetic. Well, i lost over 100 pounds in a year, which a lot of was muscle. So ive had a high as fuck bodyfat % for years.I started lifting 2 months ago 6 days a week with 15-30 mins cardio each time. Seen huge noob gains. Ive definitely lost fat on my torso but i still have quite a bit left. My diet is 1750 calories a day, im 6ft 187lbs right now, which i weighed a month ago... I have no problems eating healthy and could eat less with no problem. I guess my question is, do I keep lifting and doing cardio every day or do i need to just cut, i really want to lose in my fat face and torso fat because i know ill be very good looking. Im starting to get upset about it. Im switching my diet to 2500 calories for 4-5 days with no cardio then ill start doing light cardio at 2500. Then lower it by 500 calories per week till 1500 then reset it? This is because my body might be in starvation mode or is that just a meme, cause at 1500 i was barely shitting at all. Im struggling to eat 2500 and might have to get fast food because i cant meet the goals im just not hungry enough.
>>
>>34845374
if you cut before end of linear progression you'll hinder it and loo like shit because n omuscles
>>
Are there any /fit/ /g/ members here? Is it possible to balance out computer nerdiness and working out?
>>
>>34845474
Not a /g/ browser but a software engineer for Amazon here. What you need?
>>
Former Fatties --- What BMI or weight did you guys finally cut too? Im 189 @ 5'10 and im thinking the best BMI to stop cut is 23, what are your thoughts on this?
>>
>>34845556
I think you should go buy some calipers and use a real method of body fat % calculation rather than BMI.
>>
>>34845565
What is the ideal body fat %? 12-15 is usually repeated here but I probably will do that, thanks.
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 620x400
>>34843077
Save it, tripffag. Not interested in your bullshit 'advice'.
>>
>>34845543
Hmm weird. Why aren't you into /g/ ?
>>
1: Tried doing facepulls standing from a pulley yesterday. I feel it today but they were really hard to keep my balance from falling back forward on. Any remedies to this problem or am I doing them wrong?

2: I haven't been to the gym in a while, and I feel doms everywhere on my upper body except biceps. However, I did 6 sets of curls at a challenging level to myself and I don't feel any doms there, is this normal? Do your biceps get less doms typically than other muscles?
>>
>>34845785
>muh freedoms

Honestly for the same reasons I love binging of video games but I don't browse /v/ or /vg/. I don't go to get into arguments. I go to boards to get something out of it, regardless of if it is a porn board, an entertaining board like /f/, or a board that I can consistently get improvement advice from like /fit/ and /ck/. These are the boards I consistently get something out of. I don't consistently get something out of boards like /mu/ and /g/.

As a disclaimer, I will go to these boards once in awhile for a specific purpose like how I went to /g/'s /hpg/ thread not long ago to ask for a good pair of full ear closed headphones that I can use for working out because I hate earbuds, but honestly I do enough arguing with people at work about tech that when I come home I don't want to do more of it just like how I often can't be assed to do more programming once I'm home. I don't want to come home just to more but different work. I want to come home to NOT do what I've been doing at work.
>>
File: jSrXWI.gif (2 MB, 448x252) Image search: [Google]
jSrXWI.gif
2 MB, 448x252
>>34845785
>>34845956
>>34845474

As for work/life balance with being /fit/ and being nerdy, I will tell you right now that the non-douchebags that are really into fitness are often nerds in their own way. In fact, you could even draw parallels between the fitness douchebags and the fedora-euphoric neckbeard atheists of the geek world. It's no different. The only thing that changed was the subject, a subject that involves skill in many different facets and has a giant cultures surrounding it filled with posers for the popularity and the legit guys you gotta look harder for.

I will say one big thing that clashes when participating in both is time. Both sides seem to like to come home to whatever they like more, so there is a lot of fitness people that like to leave work and stop at the gym to do their exercise routine. Most people I know in the geek world like to come home to play video games or browse their favorite website. I'll admit I have a long established habit of playing video games and fapping to porn all night after I get home from work, so working out after work would never work for me. Like I said, I don't want to come home to more work.

The nice benefit to working in tech is if you want to shift your hours to being later in the day, no one seems to mind it. I actually do all of my morning workout stuff between 8am to 10am at a gym with showers on the way to work and I work 11am to 7pm. No one minds it, I get my work done, I get my workout in while still waking up no earlier than 6:30am on workout days, and I get to come home in the evening to Metal Gear Solid 5 and porn.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-10-30-17-01-30.png (222 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-10-30-17-01-30.png
222 KB, 1080x1920
Switched from a split to pic related
It doesn't seem like it's enough
Should I switch back or do a ppl
Stats bench 2pl8
Didli 3pl8
Squat 3pl8
>>
>>34845374
187 isn't particularly heavy for 6', so it sounds like you need to switch your focus to putting on muscle instead of cutting weight. Doing 2500 cals and lifting is a good bet. You can do cardio too but don't make that your priority any more.
>>
How does eating at a maintenance and lifting work? How does your body get more muscular? Does it get more muscular?

If you aren't eating more and therefore not building muscle, and you aren't eating less and therefore losing fat, what exactly is happening? I asked this before and the answer of "you build muscle whilst losing fat" is incorrect everywhere else I've looked (body recomp myth or something like that).
>>
if i make a smoothie with frozen fruits, milk and a banana and fridge it overnight will some of the nutrition disappear
>>
File: 1292559389296.jpg (15 KB, 174x167) Image search: [Google]
1292559389296.jpg
15 KB, 174x167
I can only achieve a full erection from prostate stimulation

Is this gods way of telling me Im gay?
>>
File: 1.png (365 KB, 361x638) Image search: [Google]
1.png
365 KB, 361x638
I'm 6 feet and 160 lbs. I'm actually planning to start a bulk but I'm curious about something. How long of cutting would it likely take someone like me to get some decent abs? Just curious.
>>
>>34834057
this literally doesn't add up
>Im worried PT don't want me to squat
>they watch us and teach us how to do it properly

Sounds like they don't want you to take a trip to snap city.
Thread replies: 251
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.