[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
At what age did you start you /fit/ness journey? To those that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: weeknd.jpg (20 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
weeknd.jpg
20 KB, 500x280
At what age did you start you /fit/ness journey?

To those that actually did make it, at what age was that? What have you learned from your experiences?

When I mean making it, I mean one or more of the following:
>deadlift lmao 5pl8 and/or squat 4pl8
>have an extremely aesthetic physique
>high tier competitive athlete in your sport

I know most of /fit/ is filled with DYELs, but I would like to hear from the lads that have "made it".
>>
"Made it" is up to your personal definition. Fuck off.
>>
>>34554437

You mind if I save that weeknd pepe, brah?
>>
File: 1439292674226.jpg (57 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
1439292674226.jpg
57 KB, 540x720
>>34554441
I defined it you autist.
>>
>>34554437

big life turnaround was getting into track cycling in 2013, age 22. i was riding bikes but that was the first year i started racing. no more cigs, pot, barely drinking, vegetarianism a year later.

2015, age 24, competitive locally, nationally aspiring, cat2 so I'm running with the big boys now. i have not "made it" but have taken on a coach and am destroying myself at night after work. peaking for nationals in july.

until anyone's actually made it, it takes a lot of goddamn effort with little reward. i keep telling myself that there's nothing like the love of sport from an amateur, especially one over the hill age wise. its incredibly discouraging knowing that i live in the same city as taylor phinney, a year older than me and competitive on the world stage. /fit/ inspires me with shit like "who's going to love you if you're slow?" and the like.

you have to really want it. more than i know. I'm not there but I'm trying.

pic related. fixed crit in chicago. got third against two pros who were on the same team.
>>
>>34554462
That's what I'm fucking saying. There are people who have "made it" in their own way. You don't need to dl 5 plate to look good, or make money, or get laid or be an athlete. Should have just left it at "what age did you decide to get fit"
>>
>>34554521
If you're either real strong, aesthetic, or a high level athlete I think most of us would define this as being /fit/ and have "made it".
>>
>>34554537
Nope. Making it is a state of mind. Go away newfag.
>>
>>34554537
Read what >>34554592 said

Some people won't ever look aesthetic. Deadlift 5 plates or being a competitive level athlete but that sure as hell doesn't mean they're not going to make it.
You don't know what making it is.
>>
>>34554437
Started rowing at 13. Competed internationally at 16-17. Was mostly downhill from there. I've given up on the sport and started lifting properly since I was 22. Don't think I'll ever really 'make it'
>>
please delete and revise threaD Mods, this 'could' be a good one
>>
I joined the ymca today

So today
>>
>>34554592
>>34554611
This is /fit/ we all want to get either strong/better in your sport and/or asthetic. Sure obviously we all can't be athletes, but it definitely is possible to be doing 4 or 5 plates after years of hard training. And it's also very possible to have a good looking natty body. That's what I mean when I mean making it, idgaf about some hippie Buddhist state of mind.
>>
>>34554437
started at 22 with muay thai

started lifting at 24 when muay thai did nothing for my physique

just injured my back and shit and never made it
>>
17. went from 5/10 chubster freshman year. to 9/10 all state footballer banging hottest girl in school
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.