[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/ books
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: Way of the SEAL.jpg (548 KB, 1400x2118) Image search: [Google]
Way of the SEAL.jpg
548 KB, 1400x2118
Post, rate and review each others /fit/ books.
About to start reading this one, any thoughts?
>>
I can't stand reading nonfiction, so this is my list:

The dark tower
The stormlight archives
At the mountains of madness
Count of Monte cristo
King solomon's mines
Legionary
>>
>>34537519
SEALFIT is really good
>>
8 steps to a pain-free back
>>
I've read these in the last 3 months:

>House of Leaves (don't waste your time)
>Halloween House (not too bad tbh fam)
>The Fault In Our Stars (tear jerker, great read)
>Turner Diaries (top 3 fave)
>Go Set A Watchman (don't waste your time. srs)
>Clinton Cash (people will actually vote for that woman)
>A Boy Should Know How To Tie A Tie (good overall)
>Animal Farm (takes like 3 hours to read)

Looking for a new fiction book to read. Would prefer something of a hidden gem, kind of how The Fault In Our Stars was to me.
>>
Lyle McDonald's Ultimate Diet 2.0, Rapid Fat Loss Handbook and The Stubborn Fat solution have been godsend.

Other than that, Greyskull LP, Jim Wendler's 5/3/1 and Starting Strength. They're all digital because I'm poor.
>>
>>34541361
Are you girl? TFIOS was pandering cancer bs. If you want a moderately decent Greene book read looking for Alaska.

Good fiction:
>The Road
>100 Years of Solitude
>Infinite Jest
>Cloud Atlas was pretty good too

I would give more, but half of what I read is in Spanish.
>>
>>34541426
>>34541426
Nah, not a girl. I enjoy fiction. TFIOS was a good story, who the fuck cares that they had cancer. I had never heard of the book before, found it on a book shelf at my work, and gave 'er a read. I really enjoyed it.
>>
Just started reading again recently (used to read a lot during high school).

How to win friends and influence people (probably going to go back and read this again)
Animal Farm
Models (reading this atm)

Follow up question, where do you guys read? In bed? In your computer chair?
>>
File: thegrudge.jpg (10 KB, 620x345) Image search: [Google]
thegrudge.jpg
10 KB, 620x345
>what I'm reading:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0300908414000285?via%3Dihub

I don't read for fun anymore
>>
>>34541545
Work, at home during my leisure. I realized about 6 months ago I spent way too much time on video games so I got rid of my XBOX and started reading again. Since March I've read 17 books. Once you get into it, it's addicting. You find time to read. I replaced all my Netflix and vidya time w/ reading.

Also while pooping.

For science bros I recommend:

>The Quantum Zoo
>The Universe in a Nutshell
>A Brief History of Time
>30 Second Quantum Physics
>>
File: Chris-Kyle-10.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
Chris-Kyle-10.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
>>34537519
>>34539190
Just bought sealFit, also read The Red Circle by Brandon Webb, more seal stuff, some people hate him but I really enjoyed the book
>>
>>34537757
>King solomon's mines
How is this? Been thinking about picking up a fun adventure story
>>
>>34541361
>Clinton Cash

TOP FUCKING KEK

the fucking fraud author admitted to lies in the book. jesus, watch something other than faux news
>>
I love nonfiction because I like to learn new things, but god damn there's nothing quite like a good fiction book.

That being said, The Martian is pretty good.
>>
>>34541545
How to Win Friends is a really good book and has a bunch of age old wisdom.
>>
robert e howard(guy who invented conan the barbarian) books are pretty manly( and racist if you about that life)
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.