[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to eat healthy, but I'm an incredibly picky eater.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Healthy-food.jpg (112 KB, 900x400) Image search: [Google]
Healthy-food.jpg
112 KB, 900x400
I want to eat healthy, but I'm an incredibly picky eater.
I eat microwavable/frozen food about 75% of the time, the only real healthy food I like is grilled chicken, but you can only eat the same thing so much.
I don't know what to do, I'm willing to try stuff, but I just can't stomach most things.
Somehow I'm only about 10lbs over weight according to my doctor, but I know in 5-10 years, my body won't be able to make things so easy for me and I need to step up.

Any advice?
>>
READ THE STICKY
E
A
D

T
H
E

S
T
I
C
K
Y
>>
>>34534770
Sticky doesn't cover this.
>>
Fast for a few days. Your palate will change.
>>
File: 1444830706285.jpg (2 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
1444830706285.jpg
2 MB, 4128x2322
>>34534761
>you can only eat the same thing so much
>implying i dont eat 4 to 5 servings of pic related every day
>implying i havent kept it up for several months now
>>
>>34534761
I'd probably burn my house down and kill myself in your position.
>>
>>34534761
How bad do you want it? I'll be honest I've eaten grilled chicken and either Brown rice when I started or whole wheat noodles every day for lunch at work. I started 2 years ago.

It's easier for me, make it all on Sunday portion out each day before work. Otherwise figure out a way to change it up, get a calorie tracker and keep track that way. After a while try new things, I used to never do that now every now and then I do, found out I like more healthy things now.
>>
Grow some balls and some tastebuds and move on from your shitty eating habits.
>>
Eggs
Oatmeal
Pancakes

Chicken breast
Tilapia
Salmon

Brown Rice
Avocados
Sweet Potatoes

6 - 8 glasses of water

eat these and only these.
you will much become healthier.
>>
eating healthy doesn't mean eating nothing but salads and shit

you can eat stews and bbq and all that great stuff, just make it yourself and don't eat as much as you normally would

if you like chicken soup, then make up a bunch of it yourself and freeze it in individual servings

do the same with meatballs and gravy, pulled pork, chicken schnitzel and so on. things you make yourself will have less sodium than their premade counterparts, but the big thing is you can portion control easier

also try and make sure whatever starch you eat has lots of fiber. brown or wild rice instead of white rice and whole wheat pasta instead of regular pasta. the fda says you should get around 40g of fiber a day, but you really should aim for 60-80

also if you tend to snack a lot, replace crackers and chips with nuts and sunflower seeds. they're calorie dense, but they have good amounts of fiber and protein in them. plus they've got those good fats that most delicious food is lacking in.
>>
>>34534761
Low carb, Low protein, Low fat is the only way to be truly healthy or if you like ratios 0/0/0
>>
>>34534761
Are you a fucking child? Eat like a normal person, changing your diet slowly over a period of weeks if you're literally vomiting

You sound like the people who 'want to quit smoking' but then do nothing about it
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.