[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on eating 6 smaller meals a day vs for example one-two
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2
File: RedPill_hand.jpg (15 KB, 520x390) Image search: [Google]
RedPill_hand.jpg
15 KB, 520x390
Redpill me on eating 6 smaller meals a day vs for example one-two big meals. Is there any difference AT ALL?
>>
>>34522904
faster metabolism
>>
>>34522904
Literally none.

"faster metabolism" shit has been proven wrong time and time again, not because the effect doesn't exist, but because it is intentionally misleading. Yeah, you might burn 25 more calories a day by eating several small meals. Does that make a difference? Fuck no. Thats about 1% of your TDEE
>>
>>34522904
No
>>
>>34522938
you can manipulate your metabolism to burn more calories by doing IF, plus it also lowers your insulin sensitivity reduces LDL and blood pressure.
if you're not doing IF, what are you doing?
meaning 6 small meals a day is shit
>>
Getting your protein constantly throughout the day is better than one to two megaspikes of protein per day.

But the effect is so small it doesn't matter that much
>>
isn t that to lose weight?

if gaining weight shouldnt you not do that?
i hate mini meals cus you have to space your calories and it turns out to be just a little bit of food.
and id rather feel full and eat 2 or 3 big meals.

if just to raise metabalizm cant you just do a quick 5 minute workout? jumping jacks between meals?
>>
Less gas
Less acid reflux

These 2 are scientifically proven.
>>
>>34522904
just develop normal eating habits and stick with it jesus christ.
>>
>>34522970
/thread
>>
>>34522950
Again though, such a negligible effect it really doesn't matter.
>>
>>34522981
a statistically significant effect in every single research study done.
>>
>>34522938
>"faster metabolism" shit has been proven wrong time and time again
>>34522950
>>34522953
>>34522966
>These 2 are scientifically proven.
>>34522992
>a statistically significant effect in every single research study done.

Jesus christ, you people will go on and on about how something has either been proven beyond doubt by studies or completely debunked by every single study ever done. How about you post some actual studies to back up these claims? As it stands, they're both equally outlandish
>>
>>34522904
Something that only people with PhD's in bioscience say to do.
>>
>not eating 48 really small meals a day every half hour

Gotta boost that there metabolism
>>
>>34523066
>>34522992
>>34522950
>>34522938
Read the goddamn study.

There is no fucking difference in energy expended by eating one large meal, 17 small meals, or anything in between.

Stop touting this broscience like its fact.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9155494
>>
>>34523066
Go onto literally any patient advice page for acid reflux and it will recommend smaller meals for symptom control. Arm chair scientist adding nothing to the convo but criticism smh.
>>
>>34523112
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22719910

This study is pretty comprehensive and says your metabolism actually slows down with a bunch of small meals
>>
>>34523112
did you even read the abstract? this is nothing about IF just about how often one eats nothing to do with the timing one abstains from eating which is either 16 to 24 hours in IF
>>
>>34523163
I read the whole goddamn study. IF is great for hunger control, but stop trying to convince people that it makes a huge impact on metabolism or anything like that.
>>
>>34523163
Metabolism isn't calories disappearing into nothing. If you want faster metabolism move your body more.

You can't burn calories by sitting around doing nothing, and if you could, your body would be aching, you'd be short of breath and you'd be sweating, and it'd be just as bad as jogging. Because you can't metabolize more energy without doing more work on a cellular level, you can't metabolize more energy without more oxygen, and you can't metabolize more energy without producing more heat.
>>
>6 meals
>eat all the time
>your life is wasted
>be retarded
>2 meals
>don't have to eat all the time

Pretty simple tbh fam
>>
>he doesnt eat 73 meals throughout the day
>>
>>34522970
>normal eating habits

He's not trying to turn into a fatass you retard
>>
Honestly my entire day is just one long meal and my metabolism is probably the fastest on this board
>>
Excellent b8 op
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.