[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Knowing that drinking ice water does two things: -Burns ener
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: satire.jpg (403 KB, 2000x1744) Image search: [Google]
satire.jpg
403 KB, 2000x1744
Knowing that drinking ice water does two things:
-Burns energy in the act itself
-Speeds the rate at which calories burn by up to 40% at a peak

When on a cut, is there a reason not to drink full glasses of ice water back to back all day?

source on the info provided: http://press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jc.2003-030780
>>
>>34496975

You. I like you.
>>
>>34496975

beyond overconsumption of water (practically more than you can drink), i dont see why not.
>>
You should drink water anyways.

But is the effect thats described in the study cumulative?
At 1,5liter of water it added up to 17k kcal spent over a year, which isnt much.
>>
>>34496975
this was proven bullshit by /fit/ scientists... atleast not efficient enough for the effort.
>>
>>34497994
that's like 4 pounds of fat
>>
>>34498012
Yes. And thats good for what it is and its a good argument in favor of water, but does drinking more of it make a difference?

It might simply not be worth it to chain chug water.
>>
>>34498003
>/fit/ scientists
/fit/ scientists are literally retarded pleb tier who would have you think that walking and running a mile burn the same amount of calories
that study was published in a decent journal (IF 6.2), so i'm inclined to believe their findings.
>>
>>34496975
The daily difference would be around 45 calories. Not even worth bothering. 95 cal if you happen to drink 2 liters a day, which is a lot.
>>
Are you stupid? I don't want to turn into an ice sculpture. I am a truck driver and I need to keep healthy body temperature for not crashing into objects. Ice cold beer is fine though.
>>
>>34498054
>2l a lot
I drink like 6 a day.
Water is nice.
>>
>>34498076
>I drink like 6 a day.
bullshit
>>
>>34496975
40% extra calories when the number of calories burned in the first place is like 10, doesn't really make a difference. the statistic 40% in itself may be significant, but 40% of nothing is still nothing. you're basically talking about "negative calories" and sounds just as stupid as a fat man telling me he cant eat as many carrots as he wants because theyre "negative calories"
>>
>>34498041
Technically that does make sense with physics m8 neglecting your own energy losses ;)
>>
File: fr shrgs.jpg (52 KB, 449x630) Image search: [Google]
fr shrgs.jpg
52 KB, 449x630
>>34498080
When I get a 1,5l water bottle in front of me I will usually not stop drinking until its finished.

Then I piss it out and redo the last step a couple times over the day.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.