[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alright fit, help me pick a routine to get me out of chicken
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: chicken_legs_mode.png (145 KB, 652x576) Image search: [Google]
chicken_legs_mode.png
145 KB, 652x576
Alright fit, help me pick a routine to get me out of chicken legs mode. I lifted in high school with fuckarounditis, frequently neglecting leg day, and am now chicken legs mode after suffering a back injury while getting back into lifting. I've been lifting semi consistently for ~ 5 months and my chest/back is rapidly getting stronger. My back has been feeling better lately (5 months after injury...) and I'm ready to reset and start with 145 squat/225 deadlift. Pic related are my current stats at 5' 11", 170, 22 years. My lower body lifts are slightly underestimated as I haven't wanted to push myself given the situation with my back, but either way my legs are obviously weak as shit. Should I do 3x full body to take advantage of the frequency on lower body and see how my back handles it (while upper will likely stall, but that doesn't bother me given my imbalance), or just upper lower?
>>
Upper lower split with only 1 upper workout a week, 2x lower body.

rest-lower-rest-upper-rest-lower-rest

Do something like this to get your squat/DL up:

Lower 1:
Deadlift Some 5x5 or 3-4x6-8
Leg Press/Split Squat/Front Squat 3-4x6-8
Leg Curl 2-3x10-12
Leg Ext. 2-3x10-12
Calf work
Abs work

Upper:
Flat Bench 3-4x6-8
Row 3-4x6-8
Incline bench/shoulder press 2-3x10-12
Pulldown/chinup 2-3x10-12
Some shoulder isolation (optional, rear delt and/or side delt, choose wisely based on what compounds you do, if you do shoulder press, Lateral raises aren't as neccesary, if doing rear delt rows, rear delt flyes aren't so important) 3-4x8-10 or whatever
Biceps/Triceps 1-2x12-15

Lower 2:
Squat 3-4x6-8 or some kind of 5x5
Romanian Deadlift/Leg Curl 3-4x6-8
Leg Press/Split Squat/Leg Ext 2-3x10-12
Leg Curl 2-3x10-12
Calf work
Abs work

If you really want to stall you upper body, don't add any weight to the bar. But you can still make decent upper body gains and progress adding weight to the bar doing upper body 1x a week.
>>
>>35411913
Holy shit the chicken legs are real. Maybe try doing the squats/DL part of SS while continuing/dialing back your upper body workouts? mirin your bench tho
>>
>>35412024
My goal is to hit 1,000 pound total by next year. This obviously depends on how my back responds to when squat/DL get to heavier weight. If I get there it will probably be rather unconventionally with something like 325bp/305squat/370.

What kind of rows do you suggest? I want to avoid barbell rows as that tends to inflame my back. Would dumbells suffice, then maybe do the pulldowns/chins before the rows?
>>
>>35411913
Just do SS.
>>
>>35412221
A row is a row to me. If you want to prevent stressing the lowest back (which is a very good idea if you're deadlifting and squatting heavy 2x a week), I'd go for a chest supported row. One arm dumbell rows are good and don't stress the spinal erectors, but can do some spinal twisting things. Cable rows are a favourite but there's still definitely low back stress. Yates rows actually have less low back stress than you'd think since your torso is decently upright, 45 degrees or so.

But the best is really a chest supported row machine, if you have access to one. Also, for BBing an underhand close grip row is better IMO, more lat involvement, more biceps (less rear delt, but you can just isolate it after). strength is a bit of a different story though.

You can also feel free to switch around the compounds too. Incline Bench or OHP first along with pulldowns/chinups/pullups. The possibilities are endless (and many of them are just minor changes that don't do all too much.)
>>
>>35412282
I was planning on doing OHP first at least one of my days when I was looking at upper/lower splits. I think I will still do it first with this as obviously my shoulders are somewhat behind as well. I had a AC joint injury back in high school but it feels great now.
>>
>>35412282
Oh, and thanks for the help! Hopefully my back holds up. I think the long rest between sessions is going to be key.
>>
>>35411913
you've been skipping leg day m8
>>
>>35413256
What gave it away?
>>
>>35413256
what site is this?
>>
>>35413496
Google strength standards, first link
>>
File: 25-12-05.png (238 KB, 685x590) Image search: [Google]
25-12-05.png
238 KB, 685x590
am I proficient or advanced on shoulders?

Can't really differentiate those colors
>>
File: Untitled.png (512 KB, 2056x1554) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
512 KB, 2056x1554
How am I looking lads?
4 months in
>>
>>35411913
>>35413890
>>35413947
What site is this?
>>
>>35413983
https://symmetricstrength.com/
>>
>>35413890
Proficient, look at the 1rm stuff it says it in text...
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.