[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: 1430128749153.jpg (683 KB, 1280x1392) Image search: [Google]
1430128749153.jpg
683 KB, 1280x1392
New Thread

Does anyone else get their legs murdered when trying to do Bent Over Row?

That exercise is the bane of my existence. I tried doing DB version, and that just felt like shit, the BB version, I spent 90% on my energy and attention on keeping the posture although the weight isn't even that heavy for me.

Is T-Bar rows any better? My gym just got hooked up with a T-bar setup
>>
>>32233859
MUH COCK MUH TEST MUH BALLS
>>
>>32233859
>that library
>>
>>32233859

render me impressed.....
>>
>>32233884
I know, there's only one decent book there, and I would only call it decent.
>>
>tfw no chocolate gf
>>
Which is best; getting 7-8 hours (or more) of sleep but wake up late...
Or get few hours of sleep and wake up in time to fit in all the meals of the day
Because I woke up really late and I realised that I won't have the appetite to eat three meals today since I have to go to bed early. What do?

And OP to answer your question I feel exact the same way. I swear I could do twice the weight it's just that the posture is so hard to balance.
>>
>>32234232
Studies have shown that meals are irrelevant, what happens is your macro nutrient consumption. You could eat it all in one meal if you wanted (and if you had a big enough stomach).

So definitely sleep, sleep is when HGH is released and all other kinds of muscle building processes go on, sleep is the most important, especially since you aren't giving anything up in this case.
>>
>>32233859
>Look at me I read books
Women are fucking dumb.
>>
>>32233859
Is it your hamstring?
>>
>>32234494

Your autism is showing anon.
>>
File: attractive feel.jpg (67 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
attractive feel.jpg
67 KB, 600x600
Are we not allowed to post Ideals Thread's anymore? They're more /fit/ related than half of the garbage here.
>>
>>32234989

fuck off with your ideals, who you think cares about what fucking hairstyle you wish to have or what clothes you would like to wear or what girl you would like to fuck?

get some friends in RL and spam them with your bullshit.

Props to the janitors/mods for deleting all the useless bullshit.
>>
Is SL 5x5 a troll program? How do I advance on my weights while cutting? I know I'll stall a lot.
>>
I've been cutting for 5 months, lost a decent amount of weight, but I am really struggling mentally. Should I stop and go on a clean bulk for a while?
>>
I'm doing SL while cutting(need to cut 6-7 kg more and then Ill bulk). My question is if I feel like I cant advance like the program says should I just do it at the same weight? I dont want to fail and injuure myself. Also if I do fail how do I put the weight down on bench and squat if I cant go up? I think it's called the roll of shame right?
>tfw no gymbro
>>
>>32235226
Also worth mentioning to add to this, I am at least 2 months away from my goal, I have heard that cutting gives diminishing returns the longer you cut, is this true?
>>
>>32235226
Depends on how you look at it. If you look at the mirror and think you are still fat you should cut. I was 105 kg 188 cm tall and went to 88 kg. I got tired of cutting like you are now so for 1 months I ate at maintenance while not eating crappy food and was the same weight. I have just started to cut again I plan on going 80 kg then bulking. Depends on what you really want more.
>>
What's a decent bodyweight plan /fit/? Looking for one with progression and good structure. I have a decent foundation of strength (Intermediate on Squat and DL according to strtsd) but I want to do bodyweight for abit for reasons of enjoyment and convenience.
>>
Are noob gains real? I'm cutting and am on 5th SL week. I have mostly advanced as the program is meant to but now it's really hard. Should I just lift as much weight as my body feels that can handle or follow the program? I fear I'll drop the weight and injure myself.
>>
>>32233884
She's supposed to be shitting on it, it makes sense.
>>
Will a wide squatting stance hurt your hips? My left hip joint hurts when I squat, and I think it's because my stance is a little too wide.
>>
>>32235034
Fuck off with your broken English.

>what fucking hairstyle you wish to have or what clothes you would like to wear
The entire culture of /fit/ is based around bettering yourself. So most people would. You only need to see the +100 posts in any of the Ideal threads for proof.

>what girl you would like to fuck?
Again, most people here lift for girls. Have you ever asked somebody why they admire zyzz? Protip: It's not just his muscles. He changed every aspect of himself.

>Props to the janitors/mods for deleting all the useless bullshit.
That's the thing though, they don't. You're just saying that because you enjoy their dick so much and you're scared of going against people with "power". They just delete whatever they want to, whether it relates directly to fitness or not. And, as I said, Ideal Thread's are actually strongly related to fitness.

tl;dr You're a pussy. Kill yourself.
>>
What should my stance and grip width be on Pendlay rows?
>>
File: image.jpg (135 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
135 KB, 640x1136
I'm skinny fat as fuck, I have no muscle but I hate the fat I've got.
>74kgbw
>80kg bench
>50kg ohp
>120kg squat
>150kg diddly

My lifts aren't super shit but I feel like I should look better. It's coming I to winter in Aus, should I just suck it up and lean bulk till September? Would cutting from September get me pretty lean by December? I'd like to be around 12% for summer, what would you guys do if you had my shitty body?
>>
File: goal.jpg (145 KB, 457x637) Image search: [Google]
goal.jpg
145 KB, 457x637
>>32235496

I know this is posted alot but this is my goal.
>>
Fuck me /fit/
I still need 1380 calories, 55g fats 44g of proteinsand some sodium and potassium shit

I will have my first workout in an hour and it's 15:30. What am I supposed to do to reach all my macros? I can't eat all that shit on dinner
>>
second time diddly today. diddly already exceeding my grip strength. :[

what do? diddly daily?
>>
>>32235511
well you nailed the legs already, just shed the fat and youre good to go
>>
>>32235534
just do alternate grip on your last set
>>
>>32233859
Stretch yer hammies, I know that feel
>>
Hey boys,

80 grams of oats in the morning. + 500 ml. fullfat milk
100 grams of impact whey protein(Myprotein) + 500 ml fullfat milk
200 grams chicken, 150 grams of pasta/rice and 70 grams of veggies + 500 ml fullfat milk
100 grams of impact whey protein(Myprotein) + 500 ml fullfat milk
200 grams chicken, 150 grams of pasta/rice and 70 grams of veggies
1 liter fullfat milk

Is this enough food & milk throughout a day, to consider it bulking? and does it provide me with enough proteins to make me grow, i hit the gym 6 days a week - and study beside.
Im currently at 76 kg.
>>
Have you ever had sudden huge difference when working out?
When I squat I always half squated, my joints simply stopped at one point, no matter how I try to go lower.
Today, outta nowhere, I sqatted my PB, full ass to grass mode, no problems. Two days before, parallel was a problem.
>>
>>32235511
Why the hell would you want to look this skinny?
>>
>>32235577

download myfitnesspal and plug all that shit in, if it is above your TDEE and hits roughly 0.8g protein per lb of bodyweight then yes. No one wants to calculate all the calories for you, do it yourself.
>>
I have trouble keeping one of my wrists straight when benching, which obviously hurts afterwards. Should I wrap it, just power through and try to do better, or deload?

>>32235346
Only speaking from personal experience here, but I squat with a slightly wide stance, and my right hip used to hurt because of uneven flexibility. It disappeared after a few weeks of mobility work.
>>
>>32235577
Bro wtf is this shit I'm not deciphering your fucking diet
Post your macros and total kcals
>>
>>32235512
I really need some help here please
>>
Just reposting this from another thread:

I'm new to lifting and lots of you inspired me to get /fit/. I have a few questions that are probably really easy for you guys, but I want to understand if I'm doing things right so I won't waste workouts.

>I feel DOMS after doing high rep/low weight exercises but next to no DOMS doing high weight/low reps, is this normal?
>Why do lifters do sets of a certain amount of reps instead of just going to too much pain? Isn't pain an indicator of progress?
>When lifting I flex the muscle I'm trying to work on. Is that normal?
>I don't have access to a gym at the moment, are body weight exercises a good way to ottermode?
>I have trouble targeting chest and back. What are some recommended exercises for that (Bodyweight and/or free weight)
>Are floor presses alright for chest?
>How do I tell how much weight I should lift for low reps? On the fifth rep or so should I be struggling like crazy?
>How much time on average does it take you do do 3 to 5 sets of high weight lifts?

Sorry for the dump of noob questions, I just want to get them out of the way.
>>
Recommend me a weightlifting belt boyz
>>
>>32235606
Gracias, doing it now.
>>
Is it possible to be visibly leaner in certain areas when doing a clean bulk, due to gaining muscle proportionally faster than fat?
>>
>>32235234

SL is really designed for linear progression whilst bulking, you won't be able to carry on gaining strength whilst cutting so I'd suggest maintaining strength with the same weights.

Also, just ask someone to spot you.
>>
>>32235679
Just use a shoelace like a man.
>>
>>32235656
>Why do lifters do sets of a certain amount of reps instead of just going to too much pain? Isn't pain an indicator of progress?
Because if you're doing 5 reps for example, you should be doing a weight where if you attempted a 6th rep you will probably fail it, or maybe JUST get it out.

>I don't have access to a gym at the moment, are body weight exercises a good way to ottermode?
Normalfag standards ottermode is basically abs so yeh. Go to the gym tho.

>On the fifth rep or so should I be struggling like crazy?
Yes

>How much time on average does it take you do do 3 to 5 sets of high weight lifts?
For me to do my 3x5 compounds anywhere from 10-20 mins each lift, depends on the lift and how I'm feeling on the day.
>>
>>32234571
Not, OP, and I used to do Pendlay's instead. And yes, shit was rough on the hams.
>>
Is squatting 3x5, 3 times a week really enough to build juicy legs?
>>
>>32235648
Mcdonalds- 2 mcdoubles = 49 g protons
>>
>>32233859
I have the exact same problem. T bar rows are a little bit better for me tho. Try them
>>
>>32235600

cause it's what grills like.

>>32235541

I don't think I have enough muscle on my upperbody though, should I lean bulk till september then cut for summer and I'd look close to that?
>>
>>32235512
HELP
>>
>>32235512

Peanut butter sandiwches.
>>
can someone post tinytrip routine pls
>>
>>32235852
>>32235496
Your bench/ohp is kinda terrible (I hope they're for min 5 reps). Do you do any accessories or what is your routine? Outside of some quad definition you seriously don't look like you lift.

How long have you been lifting and what weight did you start at?
>>
>>32235512
Two mcdoubles and a protein shake made with two cups of milk.
>>
File: 1409944153915.gif (1000 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1409944153915.gif
1000 KB, 500x281
>>32233859
Thinking of finally switching from SL to Push/Pull, wanting to go for hypertrophy now instead of purely strength gains.

Wondering if it's acceptable to do Squats on Push days, diddylifts/hamstring work on Pull days, and have a rest mid-week instead of saving Wednesdays purely for legs. I figure I can leave Wednesday for just rest, or maybe some core work.
>>
>>32235898
I started pretty fat and lost around 20kg, I've spent most of my time lifting in a deficit so maybe around 8 months, I feel like I'm just gonna keep spinning my wheels and not put on any mass if I don't start bulking now. This is my routine ABxABxx

A
squat 3x5
bench 5x5
weighted dips 5x5
weighted chins 2xF
cable flys 3x8
curls 3x8
weighted situps 3x10

B
Deadlift 1x5
ohp 5x5
weighted pullups 5x5
Rows 3x5
lateral raises 3x8
calf raises 3x8
>>
Does the amount I chew my food (or lack of chewing) affect my gains?

I carefully measure my macros, but I also tend to shovel the food I eat.
>>
>>32235716
Well is SL bad for those cutting or just worse than those bulking? If it's useless what program to do while cutting as an amatuer?
>>
>>32236033
Your routine is kinda shit imo.

I've had good results with this;

AxBxAxx BxAxBxx

A
Squat/Leg press 3x5
Bench 3x5
Weighted Pull ups 3x5-8
Rows 3x8
Cable fly 3x8
Skullcrushers 3x8
Curls 3x8
Lat raises 3x8
Leg raises 3x8

B
Squat/Leg press 3x5
OHP 3x5
Weighted Dips 3x5-8
Rows 3x8
Cable fly 3x8
Skullcrushers 3x8
Curls 3x8
Lat raises 3x8
Leg raises 3x8

Switch out cable fly for incline db sometimes. Deadlift 5x1 once a week. Do leg curls once or twice a week 3x8.
>>
>>32236166

Yeah i'll give that a go, you reckon I should bulk? just put up with the fat till around summer?
>>
>>32233884
those are all pretty much standard reading in undergrad lit courses. most of them even look like the versions the uni store stocks.
>>
>>32236203
No you should cut for summer brah
>>
>>32236244

summers in december though where I live.
>>
>>32236203
Up to you. I came from auschwitz so I've never gone above 12% BF. Maybe try eat at maintenance, get enough protein and see if you can progress? And if you can't then bulk a little, maybe try find that sweet spot of maximum gains with minimum bulking so you're not just putting on more fat for no reason.

My friend does that routine as well and his weight is same as yours and his big 4 are;
Squat - Leg presses
Bench - 107.5kg
Deadlift - 180kg
Ohp - 72.5kg
>>
>>32236010

Why not four day upper/lower? Have you looked into GZCL, 5/3/1, or a four day TM? All three offer considerable opportunities to both develop strength and get in the rep work.
>>
>>32236051
Chew a lot, anon.
>>
>>32235288
>but now it's really hard
Welcome to real lifting anon.
>>
Not so hungry skeleton here.
I've just started going to the gym and I'm tracking my calories and protein to ensure I'm eating at a surplus.

Does it get easier? For the last three days I've not felt hungry once and every meal is a struggle.
>>
>>32236051
Yes dude wtf this is a beginner mistake
If you don't chew your food the peptide hormonal balance within your testosteronal glands will petrify your heart therefore making it impossible for blood to travel through your ventricles causing lack'o'gainz
>>
Anyone got that picture of a workout regime if you don't have a gym? My gym got a new owner and basically tuned into a planet fitness. Now all I got is dumbells, don't even have a bench.
>>
File: jqQ8PoC.webm (335 KB, 240x426) Image search: [Google]
jqQ8PoC.webm
335 KB, 240x426
I am having a month break from the gym because of exams. Should I keep drinking protein shakes?
>>
>>32236465
What the fuck is this picture
>>
>>32236440
Yeah do a calisthenics routine I guess. Looks something like this:

Day 1
Squat progression
Push up progression
Inverted row progression
Leg raise progression
Ancillary 1
Ancillary 2

Day 2
Bridge progression
Handstand push up progression
Pull up progression
Ancillary 1
Ancillary 2
Ancillary 3

For the Ancillary exercises you can do dumbbell shit, or you can train calves, hands, forearms, and neck. It's really up to you.
>>
Do any of you have experience with D Aspartic Acid? This is the active ingredient in most "natural" test boosters that you have sold by supplement companies. Its much cheaper to buy the powder versus test booster supplements.

Does DAA provide any kind of significant effect on test levels, or is this just a snake oil product?
>>
>>32236465
For real wtf is that?
>>
>>32235856
Eat some fast food you skinny fuck
>>
File: leg-day.jpg (103 KB, 612x612) Image search: [Google]
leg-day.jpg
103 KB, 612x612
I promised a friend of mine to go run with him tomorrow, but it's leg day.
It's Ok to run 10 to 15 km right after legday ? will I lose all my gains ?
Wich is better ?
>legs in the morning/run in the afternoon
>legs right before running in the afternoon
>>
>>32236579
>>32236519
All species have a proboscis which lies in the rhynchocoel when inactive but everts (turns inside-out) to emerge just above the mouth and capture the animal's prey with venom. A very stretchy muscle in the back of the rhynchocoel pulls the proboscis in when an attack ends. A few species with stubby bodies filter feed and have suckers at the front and back ends, with which they attach to a host.

A proboscis is an elongated appendage from the head of an animal, either a vertebrate or an invertebrate. In invertebrates, the term usually refers to tubular mouthparts used for feeding and sucking
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nemertea
>>
>>32236465
Looks like someone saved that sea cucumber webm from /v/ earlier
>>
Anyone go to anytime fitness in Canada? What's the cost of membership like? They don't put it up on their sites for some reason
>>
If I'm taking creatine pre-workout, but I also go for a 30 minute run before each workout should I bring the shake with me to the gym and take it after my run, or just take it before I head to the gym?
>>
>>32236465
WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT
>>
should i do cardio in free days?
>>
File: 1429093906202.gif (2 MB, 226x200) Image search: [Google]
1429093906202.gif
2 MB, 226x200
If I'm doing intermittent fasting, does drinking a protein shake break/reset it if my workout is within the 16 hour window?
>>
>>32236519
This. Seriously wtf was that? Did it just cum?
>>
>>32236698
You can, but I wouldn't. I mean cardio's great for your general health, but it'll slow your gains, and since it's a fucking pain in the arse to do cardio anyway I'd rather just not bother.
>>
>>32236752
Citation needed.
>>
File: 1430120161285.jpg (19 KB, 552x375) Image search: [Google]
1430120161285.jpg
19 KB, 552x375
1. Why do I sometimes feel like yacking after a workout?

2. What's the best surplus to put on lean muscle (I'm skinny fat and don't wanna put on any unnecessary fat)?
>>
File: image.jpg (204 KB, 1200x1332) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
204 KB, 1200x1332
Do you NEED to go heavy in compound lifts such as bench press in order to make gains as a natty? I heard that unlike dudes on juice natties have to do compound lifts to stimulate our hormones but is it necessary to go heavy on these compound lifts or doing hypertrophy work (8-12 reps) would yield the same results?
>>
>>32236780
https://www.google.com/search?q=does+cardio+hurt+gains&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

See for yourself. I mean you'll find people saying that it's still beneficial to do but it's pretty much accepted that a decent amount of cardio (enough to actually have a benefit to your fitness) will burn some muscle and therefore slow your gains.

I don't think it really matters that much, I have a friend in the RAF who runs 10km every morning and he's still got loads of muscle mass, so your average cardio isn't going to turn you into a skelly if you're still eating and lifting properly. But it does have a measurable negative effect on gains and since nobody really likes doing it I would usually recommend not to bother unless you're particularly bothered about your cardiovascular health. It ain't gonna make you lift more or look better, and that's what most of us care about really
>>
>>32236798
I would like to know this as well.
>>
How many kg is a pl8?
>>
>>32236907
20kg*8plates*2(both sides of the bar)=320kg + 20kg bar = 340 kg
>>
>>32236798
want
To
Know
>>
>>32235866
>>32235976
>>32236590
The fuck I've always thought fast food was bad why should I eat that shit
>>
So when did you all decide to switch from SS to something else? Did you base it on how long you've been doing SS, how much your lifts increased, or just because you wanted to?

I ask because I've been doing SS for a year. I've gained 30lbs, went from being unable to lift the bar to a 2 plate squat, 2 plate DL, and 1 plate bench. I mean I am getting bored of it, but I know that SS can easily go on until those lifts are almost doubled.

My girlfriend is under a plate for benching, a one plate squat, and two plate bench. We've deloaded twice.

Just curious.
>>
File: WORKOUT.png (975 KB, 3223x4745) Image search: [Google]
WORKOUT.png
975 KB, 3223x4745
>>32237071
>>
>>32237071
Wtf your girl is making the same almost as much progress as you? You shouldn't have been doing SS for a year, maybe 6 months. I would recommend doing a PPLxPPLx routine
>>
Will cardio help my excessive sweating?
>>
File: repetitioncontinuum.jpg (59 KB, 850x573) Image search: [Google]
repetitioncontinuum.jpg
59 KB, 850x573
>>32236798
No its not necessary.

Heavy for 3-5 reps will build strength, which is denser muscles with less size gains (still get size gains but just less)

70-80% of the heavy weight for 8-12 reps will build size more with less strength gains (again still get strength just less)

I don't know the correct terminology but heres a pic I saved from the other day that's relevant. From what I can gather this is the reason bodybuilders look great but cant do half the things a power lifter can do while the power lifter comparatively dosent look as good.
>>
>>32237318
>Anonymous 05/04/15(Mon)17:09:48 No.3223
Myofiribllar is the density thing
Sarcoplasmic is the size thing
>>
>>32235288
If you fail a rep, you don't increase the weight.

That's the program.

You lift 2.5 kg/5lbs more than you can successfully lift for 5x5.

If you continue to fail for 3 sessions in a row on the same exercise, drop down to the previous weight.

When you successfully lift that weight 5x5, increase it by 2.5kg/5lbs in the next session.

There's no need to deviate from the program.
>>
>>32235496
Swap to a bro split maybe.
>>
File: 1430419178062.jpg (566 KB, 1473x1800) Image search: [Google]
1430419178062.jpg
566 KB, 1473x1800
QUESTION

My gym is very crowded during peak hours,
so I was thinking that I should go around 7am before work.

Is it a good or bad idea ? Also, should I have breakfast before workout or is it ok to have it right after ?

thanks
>>
I'm new to lifting, is this routine any good?

Day 1: Chest/shoulders
>Chest dips - 3x5
>Shoulder press - 3x5
>Bench press - 3x5
>Kettlebell squat - 3x5
>Dumbell press - 3x5
>Chest flys - 3x5

Day 2: Biceps/triceps
>Weighted dips - 3x5
>Kettlebell row - 3x5
>Hammer curl - 3x5
>Barbell curl - 3x5
>Concentration curl - 3x5
>Tricep cable pushdown - 3x5

Day 3: Legs
>Lunges - 3x5
>Barbell squat - 2x10
>Deadlift - 2x10
>Leg press - 2x10
>Leg extension - 2x10
>Calf raises - 2x10

Day 4: Back
>chin up - 3x5
>Bent over row - 3x5
>dumbell row - 3x5
>Upright row - 3x5
>Lat pulldown - 3x5

What should I add to it?

I also do Jiujitsu three times a week for an hour and a half each, and boxing twice a week on Saturday and Sunday.
>>
>>32236596
plz respond
>>
>>32237396
fast proteins and fast carbs before morning workout when you dont have time to eat well + wait 1,5h-3h to melt food in your stomach
For example, 30g proteinpowder and two bananas
>>
>>32237486
This is pretty good man
I would recommend throwing in triceps with chest, biceps with back, and giving your shoulders and traps their own day, and add core exercises to that shoulder/traps day
If you do shoulders and chest the same day your bench or OHP will lack due to pre-exhaustion
>>
>>32237486
>>32237562
Also, with that much physical activity, make sure you are eating plenty of calories. With that much physical activity you can probably eat 33-3500 calories a day, no problem!
>>
>>32237361
the problem is that I fear failing would injure me. I dont have a proper squat rack to put the weight at those bars below if I cant go up. Also I have no gym bro to be there in case I cant lift my bench press weight. Can you give me videos on how to drop the weight safely if I cant lift it?
>>
>>32233859
I asked this before but didn't get a definite answer. I know adderall boosts your metabolism, but by how much? I've heard ECA stacks doing like 4%, but I don't have the source for that.

It seems to me it would have to be at least around 6% if the thing about ephedrine was true.
>>
>>32237396
you should wait at least 30 mins after getting out of bed before loading your spine, 45-60 is preferrable
>>
So I decided I'm moving on from Stronglifts after may. I want to do either a hypertrophy routine or a hypertrophy/strength hybrid. Most routines seem to be 4 days a week, but I would rather train 3 times.

I'm thinking of doing one of the following routines

>Lyle McDonald GBR
>PHUL
>Candito S/H
>Coolcicada PPL

Now Lyle said you could do his routine 3x week. I've heard anons say they do a PPL 3x a week too. Do you guys think PHUL would be good for 3 times?

I appreciate any tips for a hybrid or hypertrophy routine without too much volume that can be done 3 times a week.
>>
>>32237575
>For bench
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_OdXKfSp-Y

>For squat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlPE49zlez4
>>
File: 1372333826993.jpg (167 KB, 863x570) Image search: [Google]
1372333826993.jpg
167 KB, 863x570
>>32233859
maybe you wouldnt have those problems if you would start doing decent squats and deadlifts.

jesus. fucking faggots. when will they learn?
>>
anyone else want to kill themselves daily
>>
I recently started 2pl8'ing my deadlift after a couple months of fixing my form.

The main issue is my grip. By the end of my sets the bar is hanging from the ends of my fingers.
My forearms are sore the next day, so I know it worked them.

I know I shouldn't palm the bar, but is it okay for the bar to end up hanging on the ends of my fingers near the end of my sets? Don't want that to compromise my progress. Should I lower the weight so my grip doesn't almost fail like that or is that good?
>>
>>32237254
Yeah she'a really been dedicated to lifting and bulking. So far she's the only girl who deaslifts or goes ass to grass when squatting.

For a PPLxPPLx routine, what would be the best place to start looking for one? Stick to "Rate my routine" threads or sticky

I went from 110 to 145 during the year. I'm not too happy with my DL, but I feel like there is a stall
>>
>>32237627
yes, but i gotta make it first
>>
>>32237318
okay i'll just do 6.5 reps and be the strongest and most handsome
>>
File: 1430689235028.jpg (134 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
1430689235028.jpg
134 KB, 640x1136
>>32237525
>>32237605

Thanks guys
>>
>>32237643
You should not be stalling that low on DL, make sure your form is correct.
Coolcicada has a good PPL routine
>>
Do you really only get DOMS the first couple of workouts, or am I not training hard enough?
>>
Critique my routine?

Day 1: Chest/Shoulders/Triceps
Bench Press 4x8-12
Incline DB Bench 3x10
Flat DB Chest Flyes 3x10
Cable Crossover 3x10
Military Press 3x10
DB lateral raise 3x10
Skullcrushers 3x10
Tricep extensions 3x10
Weighted Dips 3x12

Day 2: Back/Biceps
Deadlift 4x8-12
Pull-ups 3x6
Low Row 3x10
Bentover barbell row 3x10
Barbell Curl 3x10
Incline DB Hammer curls 3x10
Preacher Curls 3x10

Day 3: Legs
Squat 4x8-12
DB Lunges 3x10
Leg extension 3x12
Leg curl 3x12
Leg Press 4x12
>>
>>32237698
Increase volume or weight, change exercises, work different muscle groups together
>>
>>32237724
Solid, but make sure you throw calves and abs/obliques in somewhere
>>
File: gut.jpg (51 KB, 512x512) Image search: [Google]
gut.jpg
51 KB, 512x512
ok, so my gut looks like this from sideways.
i am not fat, my gut is rock hard, but it just protrudes and does not start flat where the chest ends.

How do I fix this? Or can't I?
shitty illustration related.
>>
>>32235379
Hip width. A wide grip creates an extra moment at the elbow which you don't want.
>>
>>32237698
you're fine
>>
>>32237756
build a bigger chest
>>
>>32235379
Stable stance, same grip as your bench.
>>
>>32236166

How are your shoulders looking? I've got the feeling raises are kind of mandatory for good shoulders. Currently doing SL and I've got no shoulders.
>>
File: milhouse.calves.simpsons.png (284 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
milhouse.calves.simpsons.png
284 KB, 512x384
>>32237754
>calves
pic related. Though calf raises are easy as fuck to do in the bathroom when brushing teeth and whatnot.
>abs/obliques
Yeah, my abs are lacking relative to the rest. Deadlifts definitely work my abs after I raised the weight.
I just dislike ab work the most. Just gotta control my breathing properly.

Anyone recommend a solid ab/oblique routine to add?
>>
>>32233859
that first book is gonna smell like straight up ass.
>>
Myfitnesspal says I need a lot of fucking potassium and I've already eaten two bananad today.
Wat do
>>
>>32237864
what about is that? can't see the title
>>
>>32237756
your chest is small and your posture is bad
>>
>>32237853
leg raises
>>
>>32237840
is anyone's mid and posterior delts smaller than their front?

I've been doing upright rows to fix it, they're noticeably smaller...

also, when does leg definition come in? last? I can start to see my lower abs but my legs still have zero definition
>>
When you're in a cut -> bulk -> cut cycle, when do you buy clothes?
>>
>>32237883
Suck a dick and swallow
>>
>>32237883
why does it tell you you need potassium

how does it know
>>
>>32238053
It tells me in the nutrition section of the app.
Apparently I need like 2000mg of potassium
>>
>>32238131
you probably already get enough potassium. it's in leafy vegetables, any milk product, tubers, etc

only sprinters or swimmers or other endurance athletes tend to lack potassium. if you're cramping, you need potassium. otherwise you're fine.
>>
File: 1373098025441.jpg (5 KB, 251x247) Image search: [Google]
1373098025441.jpg
5 KB, 251x247
Is there a list of what is and isn't natty?
>>
File: fgh.jpg (254 KB, 1762x724) Image search: [Google]
fgh.jpg
254 KB, 1762x724
5'11'' 160lbs skinnyfat here, been lifting for 2 months.

I've had ass-complex all my life since mine is really unproportionate and big, I've even avoided social events and shit just because I feel so ashamed, I looks like shit whatever kind of pants I wear.
I really want to get in shape and at least try to look better, get out etc, but I feel what's the point if I still can't fix what I hate most about my body.

I've avoided most leg workouts that incorporates the glutes, or went high-rep-no-weight on them, like squats, even though I know my legs are thin as fuck and would help even out my body.

How can I fix this? Really desperate here. :/
>>
>>32238207
your legs look fine. stop being a fucking faggot what thefuck
>>
>>32238238
Fair enough

Should I start doing heavier leg workouts or would that make my ass alot bigger?
>>
>>32238330
It'll make your ass look better.
>>
>>32237678

My PR is two and a half plats. I'm not stalling, it just feels like I could. But yes, my gf has been on my ass about form.

Thanks for the heads up.
>>
>>32234494
Implying the focus of the shot is the books
>>
When people say "bench 2pl8" they mean 80kg as in 2 plates on each side, right?
>>
>>32238397
plus bar, so 100 kg
>>
File: 8KK8jaD.jpg (8 KB, 188x220) Image search: [Google]
8KK8jaD.jpg
8 KB, 188x220
>>32238535
>plus the bar
>>
i had a cheap bench and a treadmill in my dad's garage, moved out and nowhere to put it.

issue is i have death anxiety and am still an ultrafat little over 300 pounds. are there quiet hours in most gyms where i can avoid people
>>
>>32238646
middle of the night at a 24 hour gym.
>>
>>32238535
>plus the bar
>>
>>32238604
>>32238664
Am I wrong? 1 plate is 20 kg, two plates on each side 80 kg, plus bar 20 kg = 100 kg total
>>
How much protein should I have per shake? My buddy said you can only process so much protein an hour. Is he on dat deer bro science?
>>
>>32238762
They're trolling you.
>>
>>32235512

you are a gigantic faggot.
>>
>>32238795
Damn troll successful. Thought I had it wrong all this time.
>>
Guys, how do I impross my skin appearance and health?
I went from basement dwelling skinnyfat fuck to a fit guy but the years of vidya took their toll:

My skin is rather pasty, oily, my eyes are often wet looking (like when you are sick), i am rather pale and even when spending lots of time in the sun I find it hard to tan.

I've tried various cremes, but some had no effect and some made it even worse, making my skin even more oily.
Pls halp.
>>
>>32239001
*improve not impross lol
>>
File: 1406496543460.jpg (60 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
1406496543460.jpg
60 KB, 604x453
can I get a form check on my noob squat please?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2bhXR2oXjk
>>
I get pain in my right bicep when I squat. It may be because of the pressure on my shoulder and back. What's up with that?
>>
>>32239001
Shower, drink lots of water, eat clean.
>>
Recently I've been feeling really weak, and on the last 2 days, after a HIIT session friday(I did LISS, started HIIT recently) I've had pain all over, but it feels slightly different than DOMS.
I've been on a cut for over 6 months(-400/500, nothing too drastic), is the pain due to not being used to HIIT or is it due to the prolongued cut? What should I do?
>>
File: Untitled_4.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Untitled_4.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
Can I get a bf% estimate pls
>>
>>32239110
I do all of that. I only drink water apart from coffee, I shower daily and I eat clean. Maybe a tad more dairy than others, but so does my roommate and he is fine.
>>
File: Scooby2011-250x374.jpg (17 KB, 250x374) Image search: [Google]
Scooby2011-250x374.jpg
17 KB, 250x374
I-is the natty king really natty /fit/?

I'm starting to have my doubts...
>>
>>32239147
can't see your legs but I'd say ~24%
>>
>>32239147
are you fucking serious

this is like a hobo on the verge of dying from poverty asking "can i get some info on mortgage please i wana buy house"
>>
>>32239147
>>
>>32239176
Its for my calculations brej. And how is your simile even relevant?
>>
>>32239147
25%
Considered obese
>>
File: Heart_Ass.jpg (33 KB, 1000x919) Image search: [Google]
Heart_Ass.jpg
33 KB, 1000x919
>>32239169
>>32239211
Thanks guys
Luv u
>>
>>32239265
Plz cut
>>
>>32237612
thanks m8
>>
>>32239295
Been for 4 months, I'm going another 4 though till I'm around 15%
>>
>>32239147
you're probably closer to 30 than 25%
>>
>>32239311
good luck breh
also why not jsut buy some calipers? one costs like 5€ and you can measure progress pretty well
>>
>>32239311
>I'm going another 4 though till I'm around 15%
protip: gonna take longer than 4 months probably.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-05-04-11-35-18.png (263 KB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-05-04-11-35-18.png
263 KB, 1080x1920
>>32239336
Thanks brah,
Is pic related worth it quality-wise? Will it be able to measure my fat ass or should I get a bigger one?
>>
What are the thoughts on lifting belts?

If given the opinion, should I use them when I'm still squatting sub-3plaet or is it just a fucking pussy pad that should only be used during heavier lifts?
>>
>>32239311
At your BF you can safely drop 1.5lbs per week until 15
>>
>>32239423
I'll keep that in mind
>>
>>32239460
700 cal deficit then?
>>
Why diddy 1x5 and not 3x5? Or any other rep range for that matter.
>>
bump for this >>32239013
>>
File: la-croix.jpg (260 KB, 1600x883) Image search: [Google]
la-croix.jpg
260 KB, 1600x883
Any problem with 2-3 of these a day?
>>
>>32239159
Go to a doctor and get a blood test.
>>
>>32233859
the body is divine, her taste in literature subpar
>>
>>32234232
First, your question is actually :
Is it better to eat what I should eat or sleep more?

Do both if you wanna make it.
>muh appetite
>muh excuses
>>
>>32235512
Faggot find a way or you will never make it
>>
>>32239013
Basically awful. See how at the bottom of your rep your back rounds? Your tailbone moves to point forward? You're taking a right at albuquerque straight to snap city.
Watch Rippetoe's squat form videos and next time you squat, use an empty bar and learn what what you've been doing feels like so you recognize when you fuck up. You should feel your tailbone curve and that is how you ded yourself.
>>
>>32235577
Calculate the cals yourself and post them faggot, should have read the sticky.
And depending on your TDEE its mainly between 2500-3000 for a clean bulk. Up the calories if it don't work.
>>
>>32235594
You suddenly got less faggot (i.e. you actually tried)
>>
>>32236698
Why not, depending on your goals.

>>32236752
Shitty answer
>>
>Have minor heart condition
>Doc says I shouldn't lift heavy weights as it could aggravate it
Is there any chance for me to have gainz while lifting really useless weights or should I not even bother and stick to being a lanklet for the rest of my life?
>>
>>32236782
Never go over 3000 cals and do a little cardio.
Up the cals slowly IF no results.
>>
>>32237756
I have this exact same issue. Annoying as shit.

Fixing my hip tilt seems to have made it a bit less noticeable.

Anyone have a real fix for this?
>>
Please /fit/ I'm losing my hope here.

Can I lift and make gains without eating my needed cals?
They are too much for me, at the end of evry meal I want to vomit.
I am a tall skeleton, I just want to be buff .
>>
How much of a difference will switching from Overhead Press to seated dumbbell shoulder press be in terms of gains and strain on shoulders?

In theory my 2 arms would work independently and can adjust ROM, AND if something goes wrong just drop the dumbbell easily, right?
>>
>>32233902
That book better be lolita
>>
Whenever I sneeze, I get a pain in my shoulders, upper chest and usually all through my arms, down to my fingers. It lasts only 1-10 seconds, usually lingering in my shoulders and upper chest.

Doctor had no clue so I figured I'd try here.
>>
>>32239894

I find it alright to mix and match those, but I train with higher reps (6-10) and sets (4-5). Sometimes I hit seated Overhead press with Dumbells or with a bar on the power rack or sometimes I do them standing. It really doesn't make a huge difference. However, if you are doing a strength training routine I would stick to standard OHP.
>>
>>32239704
rippetoe never said in any of his form video that a slight buttwink is bad at the bottom of the lift

also I've seen many form videos where people who actually lift had the same buttwink so I don't really see why itd make the entire lift awful
>>
>>32239907
i would hope so
>>
>>32239964
>However, if you are doing a strength training routine I would stick to standard OHP.

Yeah I see how OHP is a great lift but I dislocated my shoulder last week doing OHP with just the bar so while I'm recovering I'm trying to think of how I can re-adjust my routine because I'm terrified of it happening again.

In theory I wouldn't really be losing too much in terms of gains unless I plan on being a competing powerlifter or whatever, rite?
>>
>>32239882
Increase your intake gradually. It might take time but you will get accustomed to it, eventually. And no, if you don't get the required calorie intake it is not physically possible for you to make gains.
It takes time, most of all, if you give up immediately then there is no hope.
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 780x1019) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 780x1019
I have roughly 2 months to absolutely XPLODE my arms for summer. Rest of me I can manage but my arms are pathetic so tell me what's the best tricep/bicep workouts for decent arms?
>>
Fat ass here

God I just went to the gym for the second time today. I feel fucking amazing. This is a high that I just can't get rid of. I come home after the gym and I just want to go right back. Being sore afterwards is an amazing feeling.

Also, what do you do on rest days? Like literally nothing? I feel like maybe I should bike a couple miles?
>>
File: 20150425_011515.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
20150425_011515.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
How do I bulk without becoming a fat fuck? I see the SS troll and am worried that if I bulk I'll just end up fat. I'm only up to 60-70lbs on SL 5x5 (I could do more but I'm following the app from the start). I feel like my body isn't under enough stress to really make proper use of the calories. HOW do I safe-bulk?
>>
>>32239882
Drink cake mix/whey shakes with your regular meals.
Don't want to? You will never make it.
>>
>>32240313
taking your shirt off at the gym with a body like that

a-alpha as fuck?
>>
>>32240313
Never go over 3k cals and workout as hard as you can instead of following the app's progress.
>>
For some reason my lower chest has always lacked yet my upper chest has always been naturally large. Looks like I have monster pecs when wearing a shirt but underneath they look flat as fuck at the bottom.

Best lower pec workout>
>>
>>32240313
You have an anti-gains tattoo.
>>
Guys I think I might've overdone it

I was supposed to get around 2500kcal (TDEE is at around 2100) and I somehow managed to consume 3500+ calories

Is this gonna backfire on me later?
>>
How long should I be able to sprint for before getting tired if I want to be a pro boxer
>>
>>32240313
>>32240313
>>32240313

that supernatural anti possession tattoo!
>>
>>32240428
No
you'll shit it out
>>
At what weight on squats and DLs would it be acceptable for me to start using a belt without looking like a weak shithead?
>>
>>32240392
Decline Bench press
Weighted Dips
>>
>>32240313
>>32240313

that samulet necklace that burns hot in the presence of god!
>>
Fit I am missing 158 calories. Is it a problem? I have already reached and went a little overboard (3mg) my fats and proteins.
I'm missing 44 carbs, wat do?
>>
What do I do when I stall?
>>
Okay, reposting from sci's stupid questions thread.

Hopefully I get actual, real advice on this:

Is it bad to have two classes a semester?
this is my current weekly plan witg four classes, if nothing comes inbetween:

Monday
08:15-10:00 genetics
10:00-12:00 mathatics study group
12:00-14:00 organic chemistry
14:00-16:30 go home and eat, wash dishes.
16:30-19:00 work
19:30-20:30 work on math exercise
20:30-21:00 read genetics book in bed.
21:00 prepare for sleep.

Tuesday
08:15-10:00 genetics
10:00-12:00 math study group
12:00-14:00 OOP with Java
14:00-16:30 get home and eat, wash dishes.
19:30-20:30 work on organic chemistry
20:30-21:00 read genetics book
21:00 prepare for sleep.

Wednesday
07:00-08:00 work on math exercises
08:00-09:00 work on org. Chemistry
09:00-09:30 prepare for college
10:00-12:00 math class
12:00-14:00 group study math
14:00-16:00 OOP Java
16:00-16:30 eat something Satiating
19:30-20:30 math
20:30- 21:00 genetics
21:00 prepare for sleep

Thursday:
08:30-10:00 org. Chemistry
10:00-12:00 group study math
12:00-14:00 org. Chemistry solutions
14:00-15:30 eating
15:30-16:30 Java
16:30-19:00 Work
19:30-20:30 copy my own math solutions or copy from friends.
20:30-21:00 Genetics book
21:00 prepare for sleep

Friday:
08:00-11:00 math tutorium
11:00-12:00 copy the rest of math solutions and hand them in.
12:00-14:00 math class
14:00-16:00 java tutorial
16:00-16:30 eat
19:00-21:00 gym
21:00-23:00 Hang out with roommates

Saturday:
07:00-09:00 prepare and go buy groceries
09:00-10:00 math exercises
10:00-11:00 org chemistry
11:00-12:00 java
12:00-13:00 bio
13:00-14:30 eat and prepare for work
14:30-17:30 work
17:30-19:00 play the guitar
19:00-20:00 self study math
20:00- ? Hang out with friends

Saturday:
Rest day
Gym in the evening.
>>
File: image.jpg (201 KB, 1000x1238) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
201 KB, 1000x1238
>>32233859
Those books
>>
Thinking about starting an OKCupid/Tinder for the Summer since I'll be in a city that I don't normally live in to get some casual dating in.

How tacky is it to have a shirtless pic in the profile, is the tackiness lessened if I can get someone else to take it?
>>
File: chest-supported-row.jpg (163 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
chest-supported-row.jpg
163 KB, 500x375
>>32233859
Is it a chest-supported Tbar row?

I got the same problem when I had pendlay rows on the day I deadlifted. Lower back would be fried the fuck out.
Switched it to squat day but this time my legs would be too fatigued to hold position.
Ended up switching to chest supported rows and those were better but it's hard to go heavy unless you really know how to control your breath and brace your abs
>>
>>32240774
it's like a mix of movies she already saw so she don't have to read them and recommendations from a 40 yr old divorced blogger.
>>
>>32240653
Help
>>
>>32240628
3.5 plate dead
2.5 plate squat

Enough to probably require belt without looking weak or a try hard.
>>
I've been struggling with my bench recently. Every time I lower the bar to my chest, I feel a sharp pain in my right deltoid and can hear the bones in that shoulder crackling. Should I lay off for a while?
>>
>>32240814
not tacky if youve the body for it
>>
>>32239147

97%
>>
>>32241009
>require belt
dyel
>>
>>32240119
i lift on rest days to keep me from wanting to kill myself
>>
>>32241060

Currently 8% cutting down to 6 should be there by the end of May. I just don't want to only attract skanks, but then again it is the internet.
>>
>>32239803
Keep your workouts short and maybe don't go too heavy? Idk bruh
>>
>>32241022
>sharp pain
>can hear the bones in that shoulder crackling

Does this not sound like something you should get checked out to you?
>>
>>32233859
So I am being completely serious here...

How exactly does one "wreck that ass?" When I look at a pic like Op's I immediately get the sensation to do so but I'm not exactly sure what wrecking an ass entails. Do I pump harder or something? Or maybe just bust a huge nut in it? That always makes a nice looking vagina look ruined.

I am seriously starting to think I am not giving it my all to wreck an ass. Please help.
>>
>>32241022
Pls deload the weight and correct your form before you take a one way trip to snap city

oh and also stretches are a good idea, might just be stiff joints
>>
>>32239574
I wouldn't drink 2 a day but i'm sure they would be fine in moderation.
>>
>>32240653
/fit/ please I really need help
>>
>>32241420
Well if you're wrecking the ass itself, then you need to pump that anal cavity until it bleeds.
>>
>>32240653
>>32241000
>>32241461

Eat a couple of bannanas or something gees

stop panicking you trainwreck, log them using myfitnesspal and if you're having problems with the calories then just have a cheat meal like a donut to compensate.
>>
>>32239511
lower back and abs form the core and get used in almost all exercises except the lower back takes a lot longer to recover. 1x5 is enough to make strength gains without completely exhausting the erectors.
>>
File: 1427781363012.gif (349 KB, 256x443) Image search: [Google]
1427781363012.gif
349 KB, 256x443
>>32241022
Check your form and go get an x-ray/ultrasound/MRI. You may have a labrum or rotator cuff injury.
>>32240814
Only tacky if its a selfie. Get one taken with your friends at the beach or at a party or something.

>>32240759
I'm taking 16 credits this semester and 18 next semester and still lift 6 days a week. Good on you to schedule it that much but it's a bit autistic to schedule your day to the half hour like that

>>32240653
If you're bulking eat a chicken breast, if you're cutting do nothing

>>32240313
Tattoo removal 1x5

Lift 5-6 days a week and eat 3K a day

>>32240119
Good for you now keep at it. Personally I usually do cardio on my rest day or just lift anyways. 6-7 day a week crew

>>32240081
Check this out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ix4-9dk68u4

>>32239882
No, if you don't eat enough you will never make it

>>32239803
High weight low volume

>>32239574
Nope, they're great for cutting actually

>>32239147
At the very minimum 30%

>>32239143
I know this feeling man, I think it has to do with the deficit. Gotta power through it and deal with the weakness.

>>32239001
Drink more water. Use Cerave lotion.

>>32238207
Yours isn't that big lol

>>32238197
>natty
Preworkout, creatine, EC, protein powders, etc
>not natty
Tren, clen, test, dbol, DNP, etc
>>
>>32241478
So we're talking about wrecking them anally, literally? I thought the ass was general term for naught bits down below.
>>
>>32241542
I see.
I get the feeling that in the morning I am wasting time reading quest threads on /tg/. So no shitposting anymore.
I need to study more.

And thank you for pointing out the autism.
If you have more tips, I am all ears.
>>
>>32241607
>quest threads
Wait they still do those? haven't gone there since Huge Quest so I just assumed they all died like the dragon slayer threads on /b/
>>
>>32241646
only on tg
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.