[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So should all bread be avoided? Is seeded wholegrain still more
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: ssbb,-barley-malt,-crumb.jpg (70 KB, 509x466) Image search: [Google]
ssbb,-barley-malt,-crumb.jpg
70 KB, 509x466
So should all bread be avoided?

Is seeded wholegrain still more or less empty calories?
>>
whole grain is better obviously
but all that depends on your outlook on things
nothing should be ''avoided'', you are allowed to eat anything you want, in moderate doses
just count calories and macronutrients
one piece of bread during meal won't really wreck you in any way
personally I find it easier if I don't ever eat sweets, chips and such shit, but that's your choice, if you can control yourself and control your caloric intake, eat whatever you want
>>
define empty calories
>>
>Le epic bread meem!!1

Just kill yourself.
>>
Bread is literally a useless meme food.
>>
>>32189998
>empty calories
Calories in bread are not "empty". Not even in white bread.
>>
>>32189998
Read the fucking nutrition label retard.

Pic related is my bread, it's nutritious as fuck and every slice has 7g protein. I eat two slices of it every day covered in peanut butter. GOML
>>
>>32190187
Mirin those micros.
>>
>>32189998
how do you fucking function day to day?

looking at food nutrition is easy as hell

grow the fuck up
>>
>>32189998
I make my own bread from wheat I mill myself, water and some honey (using yeast i also make myself)

Typing this out i realized i sound like some kind of hippy doush, but its actually because i live on a farm and its more convenient to make bread at home.

Anyway, does anyone know if there is really any benefit from making your own bread, or is it the same as store bought? I know store bought bread has a lot of soy in them, but when I try to search for this I only end up getting a bunch of nutty corperations-want-to-poinson-us-with-bread nonsense.

I also found out that almost all the "wholewheat" bread available where I live is actually just made from white bread flour with some seeds and little bit of milled whole wheat added for color.
>>
Was a ketofag for 2 months.

Caved in about two days ago and finally had a pair of nice homemade chicken sandwiches.

God damn, that was the best lunch I've had in a long time.
>>
>>32190740
it's awesome what you're doing, but anyone that answers you here will likely not know what they're talking about

I would look elsewhere, friend
>>
>>32190740
>>/Reddit/

Literally, not even shitposting.

They probably have some bread-related sub where you can find like-minded folks who know about the topic.
>>
>>32189998
>So should all bread be avoided?
Oh for fuck's sake.. NO, there is nothing unhealthy about bread, just don't stuff your face with it all day every day and you will be FINE. If it fits your macros then it's FINE. Stop falling for stupid troll/memes.
>>
>>32190740
The "war on bread" is retarded as fuck and comes from the same corner as paleo.

Bread is among the least bad things you can eat. It's mostly empty, but not bad.

That said, every health claim about bread is just marketing too. Whole wheat isn't whole. Colour is artificial. Shit's old and baked, there are no vitamins. There's a lot of salt.

And this is for German bread. I don't eat bread when I'm in the US, that stuff is just dogshit.

tl;dr bread is fine to get energy, homemade even better
>>
>>32190759
>go through SERE training
>have very little to eat for almost 2 weeks
>when we get back they have chicken flavor ramen noodles for us
>it is the best soup i have ever eaten
>try ramen again a few weeks later
>>
>>32190917
>0917▶
> >>32190740 (You)
>>Putting salt in bread
wat
>>
>>32190740
My dad does that and claims that it's healthier to mill your own grains because they're more "alive" or something, but he's never been able to back that up. He also rolls his own oats for the same reason idk
You'll always know exactly what's in your bread and can tweak the ingredients and different grains as you like, and you always get it fresh out of the oven. So I'd say keep it up, though you can probably find store-bought bread that's very similar to yours in nutrients
>>
>>32189998
Just buy it from a local bakery, not from the supermarket. That shit is filled up with preservatives.
>>
>>32189998

wholemeal bread gives about 5g protein per 100 calories and gives you lots of fiber(which is something you need if you weren't such a dyel).
>>
>>32190740
PRESERVATIVES
R
E
S
E
R
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.