[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I figure out what I want most in life?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: 2015-03-01_03.jpg (279 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
2015-03-01_03.jpg
279 KB, 500x750
How do I figure out what I want most in life?
>>
>>32152241
By thinking about what you would do if this was the last day of your life.
If you have no more days to waste wondering and have no choice you tend to make some fast decisions and have instant clarity.
>>
>>32152251
that would mean i would stop studying, and weightlifting because i wont weightlift if it was my last day on earth.

You dont live life everyday as if its your last day . some plans just take several years to unfold.

that said if it was the last day on earth for me i would do a ton of drugs and go skydiving or some shit.
>>
File: alice.jpg (55 KB, 500x359) Image search: [Google]
alice.jpg
55 KB, 500x359
>>32152241
>>
>>32152293
I'd rape a high school volleyball team. That guy's advice is shit.
>>
>>32152241

Try different things and see what sticks.
>>
>>32152251
Eh, Idk if that's the best plan. You'd never do any work at all, you'd never plan for the future if you lived everyday like it was your last.

What you should do is consider when you're most happy. At what points in life do you feel like you were meant to do this, that all the stars lined up and you wouldn't change anything if you could.

Also, consider some goals you currently have or have had. See if there's a common thing, something you're subconsciously working towards, and move forward with new goals to reach it.

On my last day, I'd buy the most beautiful hooker I could find, I'd travel to Kilimanjaro or Denali and climb up to the top, and take a shitton of oxycodone at the top listening to cheesy metalcore like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kluNKscgQb0 as I went out
>>
>>32152241
>How do I figure out what I want most in life?

Do all the small stuff first, then determine what you're still craving. Also, keep asking and talk to people older (and hopefully wiser) than you. See what they regret not doing so you don't make the same mistakes.
>>
>>32152305
>high school

Rookie

Middle-School Masterrace reporting
>>
>>32152418
They're still a bit chubby in middle school. They need that first anorexic cut to bring out that tight body.
>>
dump, interesting thread.
>>
>>32152331
>>32152305
>>32152293
If the first thing that comes to your mind is flippant answers then you really don't care and .
If the second answer is to dump everything you're doing right now then what you are doing right now was never that important too you. It is something you are merely doing to pass the time till you die.

And one of bushido's tennets is to live life as if every day was your last. That doesn't mean blasiting your way through everything like it was some pathetic last day fap fantasy.

But to live a life without regrets and with fullness and richness.

That each thing that you do has meaning and weight.
>>
File: fedora61.jpg (87 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
fedora61.jpg
87 KB, 720x540
>>32152578
>I follow the way of the samurai and their strict bushido code
>>
>>32152241

Take it all and see if you like it you dirty girl.
>>
>>32152642
>fedora61
How many fedora images do you have?
>>
>>32152642

He seems to understand what op meant tho. The idea that you must live your life as it was your last day means that you understand what really matter, what you really love and like to do.

Some anons said that they would go skydiving or even rape some women. With this we may understand that they just want some sexual interaction or a great boost of adrenalin in their life.

There is an episode of The Simpsons where Homer eats a lethal fish that speaks volume. The end of "Knowing" too.

But still, i'm like opie. I don't know what I want in life.
>>
>>32152642
Oh, you're one of those kind of faggots.
Hilariously enough, you'll probably be in the next thread telling everyone to "be a sick cunt" like a long dead homosexual rentboy who roided and speeded himself to death.
>>
"Sometimes life seems like a poorly designed cage within which man has been sentenced to be free. Condemned to this freedom, it is difficult for a man to face the fact that he feels like a misfit in this life, difficult until he discovers the secret that “all men, finally, are misfits.”
There seems to be no way out of it:
Once, in the Orient, I talked of suicide with a sage whose clear and gentle eyes seemed forever to be gazing at a never-ending sunset “Dying is no solution,” he affirmed. “And living?” I asked. “Nor living either,” he conceded. “But, who tells you there is a solution?” Sheldon B. Kopp
>>
>>32152578
i agree and disagree at the same time.

I find my study and weightlifting very important but theyre long term goals.

everything you do on your last day will be short term things with no long term benefits.

youre never gonna make it if you stay so short sighted.
>>
if i have to pretend this is my last day i would pay a hot whore, lick her totally and pay her for anal and ejaculate in her rectum and then do ton of drugs
>>
>>32153052
Then do it.
And after you've come down from the high or low of whatever fist full or arm full of drugs you've taken..then what?
Your life is over and you get a rope?

For you, this is the greatest thing in life, for many guys, this a tuesday afternoon. And no, not rich rockstars.
Poor assholes who work at mickey Ds and drive riced up imports. And those hot whores are free and WANT to get licked and get a thorough pounding and baby batter womb/anus plastering.

Is that really it? Is that fucking all?
>>
>>32153052
The American dream is alive
>>
Trust me, you don't want to.

The realisation that you will never have it will destroy you.
>>
I want to make out with a cute 12 year old
>>
you guys do realize this is basically a "yolo" thread, right??
>>
>>32152241
I want 16 years old grills mirin' me

I am deadly serious
>>
>>32152251
I just tried this and I literally couldn't think of anything.
>>
>>32152241
Read Berserk

Best shit I have ever read (talking about mangas),every other mangas are fucking trash compared to berserk.

Its like the rest of mangas are made for fags and girls,cute skinny characters with big eyes with shitty argument.

While berserk is the mans manga.With manly characters with their own thoughs,making them feel very real.Also everyone is fucking shredded or strongfat and guts is alpha as fuck

Berserk is /fit/ as fuck
>>
File: 1417666528713.jpg (87 KB, 768x1024) Image search: [Google]
1417666528713.jpg
87 KB, 768x1024
You don't figure out what you want in life. You decide what you want.
>>
>>32153532
I don't know what I want
>>
m8s, I feel like my life is clear as day right now. and to me, it doesn't mean getting a great job or having some productive hobby. i can be lazy some days and get nothing done. in fact, the clarity doesn't really change anything. bad days are just as bad, good days just as great. i don't know the future. the whole self-improvement thing /fit/ has is great, but to me it's besides the point.

it's like drinking the same cup of tea everyday. but the flavour changes with the seasons. some days, it tastes sweet. others, bitter. and some days you like it sweet, others more astringent.

i think it's about appreciating the flavour. every flavour. every time you cried about something, succeeded, stood up to your values, lost someone, or made the wrong choice - all the things that come with being alive. some might get the assumption that masochism is the goal, but painful experiences aren't meant to be enjoyed. when you're sad, cry because it hurts. but be glad you ever had something worth crying for in the first place.

at the moment i truly believe i understand. in a hundred years, the world population of 7 billion will be renewed. 7 billion graves will be dug and filled. there probably is no heaven or hell or reincarnation. the most likely thing is that when you die, it's all over. just like it was before you were born

and apart from appreciating this time we have, i'd like to take a step further and spend every moment within my capacity being who i want to be, saying the things i want to say, being rejected or accepted for exactly who i am. that way i make real connections with people - the same way we talk to each other here on this anonymous Burkinian sketchdrawer

and what /fit/ taught me is that the man i want to be is a man always trying to be what he wants to be.

it's never over
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.