[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's put it to rest /fit/. Are most of us lifting for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: Capture.jpg (55 KB, 752x473) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
55 KB, 752x473
Let's put it to rest /fit/. Are most of us lifting for strength or for aesthetics?

http://strawpoll.me/4152790

>But I do both.
Of course you do. A powerlifter's physique will improve and a bodybuilder will naturally get stronger, but both lift with completely different goals.

The point is to check what goal the majority of /fit/ has.
>>
>>31969724
>Not lifting for strength
Then why?
>>
Let's put it to rest /fit/. Is op a faggot?

http://strawpoll.me/4152875
>>
>>31969813
Go back to /b/, DYEL.
>>
>>31969724
For me, both strength and aesthetics take a back seat to health.
>>
>>31969824
poll isnt looking good for you, op
>>
>>31969828
Couldn't increasing strength of your muscles count as lifting for health?
>>
>>31969724
There's no point to lift for strenght unless you're an actual powerlifter or your work requires you to be strong. Aesthetics will make it easier to get grills and dyels will respect you.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (76 KB, 1087x505) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
76 KB, 1087x505
As it stands now:

2/3rds go for aesthetics over strength.

While 24 isn't a very big reference, /fit/ is not a very big board and this does show a trend.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (72 KB, 1092x470) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
72 KB, 1092x470
>>31969929
At 40 votes nearly 70% of /fit/ prefers Zyzz over Klokov.
>>
>>31970294
Klokov doesn't lift for strength, he lifts for technique.
Savickas can push press Klokov's max jerk and strict press Klokov's max push press.
>>
You should have included a "I don't lift" option. The results would have been hilarious.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (72 KB, 1088x463) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
72 KB, 1088x463
>>31970602
Not meant to be taken that literally broseph. Just a comparison for cheap laughs.

>>31970626
But then most of /fit/ would take that to troll.

On that note, we have a clear trend.

2/3rds of /fit/ lifts for aesthetics and 1/3rd for strength. That's pretty interesting considering the prevalence of SS and /plg/.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.