[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Count your calories everyday?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
Or just eat sensibly most the week and make up for whatever you go over by at the end? I usually do the former but tried the latter this week and actually ended up eating a little bit less as it made me more cautious.
>>
Do you really think your body knows what a week is?
>>
>>31949183
Every day, you lazy fuck
>>
>>31949183
Every day
>>
>>31949183
Everyday
>>
>>31949269
Do you really think your body knows what a day is? If you're eating less than your body needs, you'll lose weight. How you distribute the defecit is irrelevant.
>>
>>31949183
Yes and count everything. Including creamer, including vegetables, including condiments.

Protip about going over: Don't look at the day/day. Look at your calorie intake in relation to your weekly total. You could be under your goal for the whole week and have all that progress ruined by one night of binge drinking.
>>
>>31949183
Although it would be a lot better, i don't count cals during my cut and everything is just fine.
>>
>>31949343
Yup. It's always good to stop slightly shy of your defecit if you're full in case you go over later.
>>
>>31949342
Yes, it's essentially what happens between the time you wake up and the time you fall asleep. A week is just seven of those.
>>
I counted my calories for a while, to get used to what a normal "portion" for me should be, and then stopped.

I'm not competing or trying to lose a ton of fat, though. Weekly I was doing a'right, and it really helped me get a sense of what a normal day should be for me, and what size meals I should be eating.

Overall I'm still losing weight, and I very much watch what I eat, but I don't write it down because I don't care enough to.
>>
I just guesstimate my calories to make sure I m eating above maintenance. Dont track macros tho I'm sure I get enough protein.

Then again I'm not natty so I could inject then and make gains on a deficit
>>
File: 1342774814984.png (126 KB, 229x345) Image search: [Google]
1342774814984.png
126 KB, 229x345
>>31949514
>I'm not natty
>>
>>31949487
You're completely missing the point retard. How you spread your defecit is irrelevant. If you're eating less than you burn, you lose weight. If you burn 18000 calories in a week and you eat 14,000, you'll lose a lb. Whether that defecit is spread evenly throughout the week, done over one or two days, or alternated, matters jack shit. Your body's not keeping a daily tally.
>>
>>31949183
I count my calories everyday. I want to lose weight.
>>
>>31949183
Every single day. I meticulously plan out every day of meals from beginning to end to hit the perfect macros. I sometimes sperg out and try to get the "0 remaining" on MyFitnessPal by changing things by single grams and swapping stuff until it hits the 0.
>>
>>31949571
Thanks for that, Mr. Broscience.
>>
>>31949648
>discredits actual science with broscience
>complains the actual science is the broscience

It's the first law of thermodynamics chump.
>>
>>31949534
And I dont regret it a single bit. I was lifting natty for a year and a half making minimal gains. Towards the end I had the most pristine diet and training you ever saw.

Then I found out from my doctor that I have low test.

I've made more gains in the past 6 months on a low dose cruise than in the past year and a half of low test lifting
>>
>>31949571
I have wondered about this often. I count mine just about everyday but try to eat the same things each day to make it easier.
>>
Hey guys, question about cal counting. How can I calculate something such as a baked chicken breast? My counter app sucks.
>>
>>31951921
What app you using? If it's got a barcode just scan that, use myfitnesspal.
>>
Count every calorie every single day for a few weeks to get an informed sense of how different amounts of different foods add up, then feel free to stop if it feels just a little too autistically anal for your style.

I personally see calorie counting tools as something like reference materials/training wheels, as much as I know that a lot of super-serious types like physique competitors swear by using them religiously.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.