[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wrist pain
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: stop-wrist-pain.jpg (16 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
stop-wrist-pain.jpg
16 KB, 300x300
Hi /fit/,

I have a massive issue with wrist pain at the moment. I cannot bench press or do pull ups because one of my wrists (right wrist) is absolutely F'd in the A. It hurts like buttsex whenever I do bench press or push ups.

Is there anything I can do in order to have a meaningful resolution to this wrist pain?

Last time I had something similar to this, it went on for 3 months. I could not bench press, my chest grew smaller and everything wasn't great. I don't remember how it resolved.

Are there any specific exercises I can do?

Cheers, hope I get some meaningful responses

-Anon
>>
>>35396240

Describe the pain in a more detailed way (sharp, aching, does the wrist feel weak)

Overuse injury? Or is there a specific time that the pain started?

Also, take ibuprofin (keep it in your bloodstream so take like 2 every eight hours or something idk exactly you figure it out). Celebrex is even better if you can get it bc it acts for 24 hours. They'll help with the pain but most importantly they'll act as an anti-inflammatory, allowing your wrist to heal more quickly. and also see a doctor. and stop jerking off so much.
>>
>>35396273
it only hurts whenever i do the exercise (bench press or push up). i don't know what types of pain there are, probably aching describes it the best

alright, ibruprofen it is!
>>
There's several metacarpal bones, one in particular, the lunate, can get disjointed or out of place if you will. It's not serious, but it's painful. To fix this, I'll try to write it out without botching it. Let's say my Right wrist is the issue. Grab R wrist with Left hand, distract/pull R wrist and hand while relaxing R hand and wrist as much as possible. Press left thumb gently into the little notch in the center of the back of the wrist where the hand meets the forearm, do this while keeping distraction on the wrist and the wrist is relaxed. Push gently several times, then push gently, hold, and work your wrist into flexion and extension. This should fix your problem. If not, then quit jerking off so hard.
>>
>>35396600
huh

can i get a diagram for this?
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 224x198) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 224x198
>>35396240
Get to the doctor for a meaningful resolution

If your pain is like mine, on a scale of 1-10, it's a 2 usually. More uncomfortable than painful, then when your wrist is flexed and weighted for a push-up or bench it jumps to an 8. It probably pops a little when you roll your wrist around.
In my case
>I was passing up a 5x2 or 6x2 foot concrete panel.
>Hyperextended my wrist towards my forearm (bent backwards), thought it was a sprain but the pain was getting worse after a couple hours. >Reported it and saw doc and had X-rays 2 days later, took 2 months to get an mri to confirm it was a scapholunate ligament tear (complete, came off the bone).
>Both docs I've seen have said this becomes arthritic in a couple to several years depending on person and type of work.
>pic related is not my X-ray but you can see the gap. Mine is a 6mm (.24inch separation)
We both lift heavy shit so I'd say a couple of years. I'm waiting for a surgery date right now.

Depending on the damage and the skill of the surgeon it will be anywhere from
>6-12 wks in a cast,
>3 months before you can lift heavy and another
>3 months before the wrist feels normal

this guy might be right >>35396600 but you need a doctor to determine. Get any X-ray or mri necessary.

The only way to train around it is don't use it until you see a doc and follow his recommendations.
>>
>>35396240
http://stronglifts.com/bench-press/wrists/
you are welcome
>>
>>35396240
Well one thing you can and should do is start actively training your wrist/forearms/grip when you heal up.

-wrist roller
-leverage bar
-wrist rotation with leverage bar
-grippers
-bucket of sand/rice to open/close your hand in and work your fingers with as recovery

That way it'll be harder to injure them in the future. The added plus is having great grip and hand health compliments all your lifts.
>>
Wrist ganglion? I couldn't do a single push up for an entire year so i did them on my knuckles instead. It is getting better now though. Anyway, as long as you keep your wrists straight you shouldn't have to much of an issue. Switch to dumbbell press instead of barbell benching, that helped me and the weights are usually less. Also, pecdec into the sunset.
>>
>>35396240
Try jerking it less you limp wristed bitch
>>
>>35396240
Have you never heard of No pain,No gain?. everyone has pain but some of us arent little bitches and push trough it and become big..something you will never know or be.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.