[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are /fit/'s thoughts on meditation? Watch this vi
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: images.jpg (8 KB, 245x206) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8 KB, 245x206
What are /fit/'s thoughts on meditation?

Watch this video first:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw71zanwMnY

Might also help with gains and overall motivation?
>>
I try to incorporate it into my daily schedule but I don't have the patience yet. But yeah it's a good way to start and end your day.
>>
I think it's bretty good. Wish I could do it more consistently. I don't know why I avoid doing it everyday.There is really no excuse to set aside 10 minutes a to do it. If I do it properly before an intense workout it improves my mental toughness and increases my recovery time enough to be noticeable,
>>
Waste of time.
>>
>>31540114
ever tried yoga? it's basically like meditation but also increases your strength and balance
>>
Love it, don't do it nearly often enough though. Mental exercises are definitely the key to finding peace in your life, as far as I'm concerned. They have helped me a lot.
>>
Just watched the video and I hate that guys voice.

Has anyone else picked up on this kind of voice becoming more prevalent in the past few years? Like I hear in a lot of tv advertisements and youtube videos.

Is there a name for this kind of voice or should it referred to as something like >le faggy effeminate liberal voice.

It really irritates the shit out of me and its how I imagine the queers from reddit sound like irl.
>>
>>31540329
I call it the new england voice liberal douche voice.
>>
>>31540395

Even here in Texas I'm starting to notice it among younger guys(not nearly as bad as the video mind you), even I'm not entirely unaffected.

Compared to my dad and especially my grandpa I have a little bitch voice despite being able to grow a magnificent full beard and being larger than average.

I think it has been conditioned into us by the media, because if I make a conscious effort I can project a strong masculine voice(not a forced mock bass voice like kids do or w/e) but in everyday situations it defaults to bitch mode.
>>
>>31540329
its called valley girl speak
basically you put a rising emphasis on the last word to make every sentence sound like a question.

it basically replaces "yknow" as an marker for non-confidence and to appear submissive.

source: studied linguistics.
>>
>>31540678

Yes, but why is it becoming prevalent among young men?
>>
>>31540810

Phytoestrogens in the environment, or cultural indoctrination.
>>
File: copypasta med.png (17 KB, 1420x412) Image search: [Google]
copypasta med.png
17 KB, 1420x412
>>
>>31540927

Is the mass production and consumption of plastics the worst blunder of all time? We are only just now starting to realize how toxic this shit is.
>>
No its called uptalk, not valley girl speak lol
>>
>>31541104
No it's "updog"
>>
File: gargoyle-face-agony.jpg (60 KB, 500x340) Image search: [Google]
gargoyle-face-agony.jpg
60 KB, 500x340
OP are you still around? What type of pose do you use for meditating? I want to be able to mediate in the hero pose or at the very least the thunderbolt pose but they are proving difficult.

>mfw I hold them for more than a few seconds
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.