[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /fit/ could you give me advice on my macros? This is pretty
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: Screenshot_2015-03-03-11-27-41.png (86 KB, 692x828) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-03-03-11-27-41.png
86 KB, 692x828
Hey /fit/ could you give me advice on my macros?
This is pretty much what I've been eating for the past 7 weeks. pic related.

Is there anything that I REALLY need to adjust?

I'm 6'0" 212lbs trying to lose weight. (lost 29lbs so far with exercise)
>>
>>31202573
I doubt there was any confusion, but the pic is my daily intake.
>>
That seems like a lot of sodium. What is most important though, is your calories in vs. calories out. As long as that is in order youll lose weight.
>>
86g of protein? Why don't you want to make it, anon?
>>
>>31202573
you need a little more protein
>>
>>31202583
I completely agree. I have a slight addiction to hot sauces and all of mine are high sodium. I should probably work on that. (Sadly, I've cut probably a third of my sodium)
>>
>>31202601
>>31202613

Dang, I was afraid of that! At a minimum, how much more should I probably have?
>>
Ok OP, listen carefully because I was in the exact same position as you about a year ago (same height, same weight). You're really under eating. I got down to 170 by eating:
~50g of Fat
~250g of Carb
~150g of Protein
Which comes out to about 2000 calories. I wasn't even exercising when I lost my weight so if you throw that in you could eat even more. If all you want to do is lose weight, try to keep your caloric intake to about 2200 and make sure you're eating around 150-200g of protein. Cheers OP
>>
File: Wceq8nih.jpg (129 KB, 1024x574) Image search: [Google]
Wceq8nih.jpg
129 KB, 1024x574
>>31202643
Somewhere around the 100-150g range. It's quite easy to do, eat things like pic related and find a protein shake that's low fat and sugar, I used impact diet whey from myprotein when I was trying to loose weight. Can't say it's the best, but it certainly helped meet my macros and I did loose a lot of body fat. It also has green tea extract and a load of other fat loss shit in it that I didn't bother to read about.
>>
29g of fat @ 9 cals/g = 261 cals
65g of carbs @ 4 cals/g = 260 cals
86g of prots @ 4 cals/g = 340 cals

Total = 861 calories per day

Nigga are you dumb? If this is true you're going to shed any amount of muscle you have.

But since its likely not possible you've been able to function off 861 calories a day for 7 fucking weeks you probably are counting all your shit wrong.
>>
>>31202704
Pretty close, I have 923 cals of calculated nutrition info, but since I don't keep constant track of calories,
I only put the definite items that I eat daily. which is about less 100-200 cals in little things I might pick at in the cabinets.
(so yes, slight macro discrepancies)
Even with the extra 100/200 cals, I'm not gaining anything healthy except energy.
It still seems like the truth remains that I should lower my sodium and increase my protein.

I didn't do an actual breakdown until yesterday.
So, I didn't realize my cals were a bit low.
Although, it seems that I am staying in a 1000-1200 intake. ...and I don't feel bad.

Also every Wednesday I eat with the family and have a caloric increase of about 600 cals.
>>
>>31202688
This is a great idea. I have no idea why this didn't cross my mind at all. I really appreciate this post!

No sarcasm. I really didn't think about adding a protein shake. That's honestly what I will probably do.
>>
>>31202573
ebin troll...

>3043mg of sodium
>86grams of protein
>29 grams of fat

Also 6'0 about to bulk to 210 from 180 to leave humanity behind...
>>
>>31202883
So basically you have zero idea what you're actually eating day to day?

For the next two weeks count every single thing you eat and drink. Everything. Average the total calories/fats/carbs/protein out over those two weeks and report back with the image you posted originally. I bet its going to look a lot different.
>>
>>31202942
up to this point.
>Drinking calories
>Drinking anything but water
>No thank you.

lol at zero idea. I see where you're coming from.
>>
>>31203055
>not drinking protein shakes
>>
>>31203069
>up to this point

That is something I'm going to start
>>31202918
>>
>>31202918
any why protein will do, don't get the same one as that anon. It'll cost more

Just get any whey protein isolate. Look for anything with 25+g of protein per serving and anything <4 g of carb. Walmart/Kroger brand fits those, ON, whatever is easy for you
>>
Please eat more OP

I'm same height, 10 lbs more and my moderate-aggressive cut is like 2000 calories

You're eating less than 900 calories if this is all you're eating in a day
>>
>>31202688
are these actually any good? i eat both individually
>>
>>31202573

Double your protein and triple your fibre intake and you're looking a lot better.

Supplement if it's easier to get that. Whey and psyllium husks are your friend
>>
Here is what mine has been looking like for the past 2 months. Working on 2/3/4/5 at the moment. 180-200 pounds LBM. Go a few weeks and adjust fat/carbs as needed.
>>
>>31202573
>lost 29lbs so far with exercise
No, you haven't lost shit through exercise.
You've lost weight because of your diet. Exercise burns some calories, but not nearly enough to attribute it your losing weight.
You've lost weight because of diet.
>>
>>31203234
Sorry, I think I was confusing. I was only trying to throw in that I am exercising too.
I do not think all of that weight was lost from exercise, but I do think it has added to it.

I run every day for a half hour to an hour.
>>
>>31203393
That does next to nothing. That's probably one or 2 pizza slices you're burning in calories.
>>
>>31203748
Worth it.
>>
File: IMG_20150303_160809.jpg (796 KB, 1536x1536) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150303_160809.jpg
796 KB, 1536x1536
>>31203148
Just made some, shit was cash
>>
>>31202573
OP, you aren't eating enough. I know that in your head you're probably thinking that eating less = more weight loss, but that's a bad way of thinking. Really bad.

If you eat too little, which you certainly are, your body starts eating what little muscle you currently have rather than burning fat. Yes, you're losing weight, but it's muscle mass that you're losing.

Eat 500 less calories than your current TDEE (use an online TDEE calculator) and workout hard. Make sure you're getting at least 150g of protein, around 50-60g of fat, and make the rest carbs. Believe me when I say that as long as you work out hard, you'll get thinner much faster than by starving.

What you're doing right now will leave you as a mess of loose, flabby skin with no muscle underneath. Eating an appropriate caloric deficit will leave you lean and looking good.
>>
>>31203393
Don't do that. Anything past about 20-30 minutes of pure Cardio goes past the fat burning stage and starts catabolically eating muscle.

You need to do strength training PLUS cardio. Not just cardio.

Please read the link in the sticky. It takes 20 minutes to read and will concisely explain all of this in a way that makes sense.
>>
>>31204044
I know it seems like I'm starving myself to lose weight, but in reality, I just stopped eating out and stopped eating premade packaged foods.

I do realize that my cals are pretty low, but I didn't really bother to actually count everything until yesterday.

I do plan on increasing my intake, I've thought about adding some spoons full of peanut butter
and now also protein shakes.

>>31204123
Idk if this helps my case, I run 30 min in the morning and (maybe) 30 min in the afternoon.

I do need to start lifting. That's factual.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.