[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does milk deplete calcium from your bones?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: Cows_milk.jpg (710 KB, 1698x1131) Image search: [Google]
Cows_milk.jpg
710 KB, 1698x1131
http://saveourbones.com/osteoporosis-milk-myth/
>>
File: 1450906957244.jpg (40 KB, 605x340) Image search: [Google]
1450906957244.jpg
40 KB, 605x340
>>35387346
>does calcium deplete calcium from your bones
>>
>>35387464
did you even read what I linked?

"Here’s how it happens. Like all animal protein, milk acidifies the body pH which in turn triggers a biological correction. You see, calcium is an excellent acid neutralizer and the biggest storage of calcium in the body is – you guessed it… in the bones. So the very same calcium that our bones need to stay strong is utilized to neutralize the acidifying effect of milk. Once calcium is pulled out of the bones, it leaves the body via the urine, so that the surprising net result after this is an actual calcium deficit."
>>
File: 1446837638364.png (7 KB, 274x242) Image search: [Google]
1446837638364.png
7 KB, 274x242
I'll continue drinking 2 litres of it everyday, I don't give a fuck.
>>
>>35387346
this makes a lot of sense, explains why baby mammals dont drink milk after they are born for months and sometimes years after birth.
>>
>>35387472
Milk has a ph of like 6.5. It isnt remotely acidic. Neutral ph is 7.0.
>>
>>35387472
Since when is milk an acid? Am i stupid or something?
>>
>>35387578
It isnt.
>>
>>35387550
Naturally, cows can't produce milk for that long. They don't drink it after weaning because it would take too much out of the mother to continue producing it, and the calf would have to stay with the mother their entire life.

Milk it a superdrink though; just look at the nutritional content.
>>
Fucking hell, I was enjoying reading /fit/ when I came across this pseudoscience shit.
>>
File: 1450992552410.jpg (69 KB, 283x750) Image search: [Google]
1450992552410.jpg
69 KB, 283x750
>>35387472
Oh boy. If you're worried about 6 and up PH taking calcium from your bones, the average glass of apple juice or soda will take a vacuum to it. Cranberry juice would probably break your spine in half.
>>
>>35387692
I was worried until you guys came up. Thanks again /fit, you made me happier one more time. Now I can keep going with my 150 gram of cottage cheese a day.
>>
>>35387346

Absolute bullshit.

Milk is probably the best source of calcium there is
>>
>>35387740
>hurr durr it has calcium in it so it must be increasing calcium levels hurr durr

fucking 'muricans. Can't even read for shit. Your country would be the biggest shithole of the earth if there weren't for your slutty girls and american pie propaganda attracting sciencists from europe.
>>
>>35387757
kek

there were two americans exchange I met this year, I blowed my semen both on their face. this girls will have children some day, so fucking pity.

I am sure after 1950's, all of the women were slutting around, I am sad for the generations after that, sons of whores. Thanks to my middle east country, my mother was a decent girl
>>
>>35387767
... a decent girl and your sister, anon.
>>
>>35387472
Blood acid-base balance is complete momscience with no backing. It's a testament to the ineffectiveness of education that anybody believes it at all.
>>
http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/calcium-full-story/

One thing to consider: The US has one of the highest rates of osteoporosis and low bone density and the highest rates of milk consumption. Milk's role in preventing or causing bad bones isn't yet scientifically determined.
>>
>>35387757

Epic
>>
>the year of our lord, 2015
>still drinking milk

What are calcium supplements?
>>
Apparently every fucking thing is bad for you. WTF are you supposed to eat? I drink milk for the easy protein. I'm not a veggie but i generally dont eat a lot of meat so I need all the protein I can get. Fuck the Keto and Paleo memes. America also has a high obesity rate and a shit ton of sedentary retards. So that might be why osteoporosis is high. What about India and whatever other cunts that have high milk consumption?
>>
>>35388985
>America also has a high obesity rate and a shit ton of sedentary retards. So that might be why osteoporosis is high.

That's the most likely cause. Honestly, people grossly overthink their diets sometimes. Unless you're a professional athlete or something, you don't need to sweat it that much. Just eat plenty of fruit and veggies and eat everything else in moderation and you'll be fine.
>>
>>35388960
>What are calcium supplements?

a waste of money
>>
>people consider a .com source a good one
>>
>>35387346
Not reading your shit link because nobody knows how to science these days.

Source: lived my entir life drinking mucho much milk, never broken a bone or had a cavity. And this is coming from an oldfag who was around when it was still ok for kids to go skitching or hiking into a gorge miles away from home to look for snakes unsupervised
>>
File: 980x.jpg (108 KB, 980x643) Image search: [Google]
980x.jpg
108 KB, 980x643
>>35389088
>nobody knows how to science
>anecdote
>>
http://www.tofugu.com/2010/10/06/why-do-japanese-people-live-so-long/

http://www.dairy.co.jp/eng/eng03.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_milk_consumption_per_capita
>>
>>35387472
>Like all animal protein, milk acidifies the body pH

If that's the case wouldn't other higher protein sources like lean meat and whey be much much worse for your bones? It's bullshit anyway, most amino acids are pH neutral.
I'd worry more about all the lactose in milk.
>>
>>35389088
>nobody knows how to science these days.

Especially you
>>
>>35387346
Short answer, no

Longer answer: No and stop getting information from stupid sites which are blatantly trying to rip you off by lying to you about basic facts and sell you their 'miracle' alternative. Fucking idiot.
>>
>>35389113
That first link is basically "muh red meat/fat/cholesterol boogeyman". Which has been debunked in loads of studies. The only thing I can agree with is that Japanese people are thin and active, which are probably two of the most important factors for longevity.
>>
>>35387346
If you are going to talk about milk depleting calcium at least use the right argument. If it is true (and it is still unclear) It has literally nothing to do with pH. The reason milk may leech calcium is because of its high phosphate content.
>>
>>35389267
and short, height is linked to many conditions and shorter overall lifespan.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.