[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anybody had some good experience with these things? I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2
File: vegas-pro-straps.jpg (394 KB, 850x669) Image search: [Google]
vegas-pro-straps.jpg
394 KB, 850x669
Anybody had some good experience with these things? I've decided to try them out and currently I made came across this workout, with a few touches of my own for chest and shoulders.

20 inclined push ups
Pull ups 3x8
20 inclined push ups
Dips 3x8
20 inclined push ups
Flies 3x8
20 inclined push ups
Rows 3x8
20 inclined push ups

Anything good for abs and legs on these things?
>>
bump for limit
>>
can't say anything till you tell us your goals breh
>>
>>35377045
Yes, they are great, especially for pull-type of exercises (pull ups, face pulls, lat rows, bicep curls etc). I don't like doing legs with them at all, but you can use it as an ab wheel perfectly fine (look up ab wheel to see the type of exercise I mean). Also I don't like them for push-type exercises. It's really nice for the triceps and shoulders, but for the chest I can't really find anything that gives me the right pump.

I don't know about your workout, because I don't know what you try to achieve. For hypertrophy it's complete rubbish though.

/fit/ hates them though, so be warned.
>>
it depends what you want.

if you want personal trainer type "fitness" backed up by book-learned advice from people who hop from trendy workout to trendy workout, sure, try them.

the reason /fit/ tends to hate this kind of thing though is that for most people's goals (I assume you want to look like brad pitt in fight club or something, you haven't said yet though, tell us what you want) they will give minimal to zero results. and the reason /fit/ loves weight training is precisely because it works better than anything else for getting good results in the smallest amount of time.

some might argue that these things provide more functional and useful strength. i suggest these people speak to football/rugby coaches and see if resistance bands will help their team win matches rather than squats.
>>
>>35377381
>>35377387
I'm just trying to figure out how to work towards a shredded body. Def not trying to go for volume.
>>
>>35377437
give us more mate. what's your current weight, height and bodyfat estimate? what's your current strength level? have you been injured in the past? what equipment do you have access to (including a gym membership if one is close to you)? what do you personally envision when you say the word "shredded"? post a pic of someone you think is shredded
>>
File: blackface.jpg (45 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
blackface.jpg
45 KB, 1000x750
>>35377448
I'm 188cm
84 kg
bf is at +- 17%

I can do the routine i posted in 45 mins, so its not that bad. I have never been injured in the past doing fitness. There is a gym close to school but it takes me 40 - 45 mins to get there, also soon I'll be graduating.

My current goal is close to this.

I'm not really planning on counting calories and such, plus I don't think its necessary with these kinds of exercises.
>>
>>35377471
well i think the guy in this pic might be too big for what im going. Like i said not trying to build a lot of huge muscle mass...
>>
>>35377471
that guy has a lot of muscle. i'm sorry but even with years and years of hard work and meticulous nutrition, it's very unlikely you're going to get anywhere near that body. however, that is achievable easily with weight training.

>I'm not really planning on counting calories
that's a shame, because this is the best (for me, the only) way to lose fat and get shredded like you want.

look man, there are threads here every day about people trying to squeeze what little use they can out of dumbbells at home at the like. bottom line is that there are right and wrong ways to go about getting shredded. most guys have a hard time getting shredded and it is these same people who feel as though they don't want to go to a gym for whatever reason and can't be bothered with proper nutrition. i am telling you that weight training with a structured and sensible diet is the best way to do what you want to do.

you are pussyfooting around and you will pay the price for it if it continues. sorry to be blunt but it is how it is.
>>
>>35377434
>the reason /fit/ tends to hate this kind of thing though is that for most people's goals (I assume you want to look like brad pitt in fight club or something, you haven't said yet though, tell us what you want) they will give minimal to zero results.
The reason /fit/ hates this kind of thing is because they have literally no clue what they are talking about. They just judge new things by the current standards of /fit/'s circlejerk without ever bothering to try them. If you knew what this does and how to use it, you'd realize that it gives you the same exercises you can do with weight as well, even with the same intensity up to a certain degree. The only difference is that you need a reasonably strong core to do the exercise correctly at all. Again, the only real difference to weight training is that the intensity is limited by your body weight, but for most exercises you'll be fine for a very long time.
>>
>>35377511
I'll keep that in mind. I do have some weights back home I can use.
>>
>>35377511
>>35377595
I think I can mix it up with some dumbbell stuff.
>>
Again thank you everybody with your insights
>>
>>35377540
>new things
most of the time, that's the problem.

no, there is not a new brazilian berry than burns fat faster.
no, chinese scientists have not developed a revolutionary new way of training.
no, american PTs do not offer tried and true advice.
and no, biology has not changed and the big guys have always got big using weights.

I see the reason for these things but do not pretend like they are any kind of substitute for weight training. we know OPs goals and by validating his misinformation about these bands, you are effectively making his job 3 times harder than it needs to be. no, he will not gain the same muscle as he would using weights. what will happen is that he will do some mediocre routine, see little change in 3 months then quit.

if you are denying that these are better than classic barbell training (read: bodybuilders do this and their actual profession is to acquire mass) then you are misinformed or just a stubborn bastard. I am trying to help OP but it seems that you are not.

and now you've put ideas in OPs head and he probably won't lift properly now. well done lad. top info.
>>
OPyou are 17% bodyfat. you are a chubby dude. your main focus needs to be on diet if you want to get shredded.

and fuck no, don't use those. the only people i see using those are the same tired old middle aged office monkeys who don't looks any different than they did 5 years ago. in fact, the only people i have ever seen getting a good physique are either gymnast/calisthenics guys who spend years on it, or guys who correctly utilize weight training. all else tends to achieve nothing. resistance bands are trendy but not so useful.
>>
>>35377045
>50 dollarydoos plus whatever shipping is for some straps and handles

if you want to try before you buy, go total poorfag and grab some cambuckle tie downs from harbor fright and a piece of pvc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES5GN9k7BZw
>>
>>35377648
Get your head out of your ass, Jesus Christ. If you actually tried those things or even thought about the physics involved, you'd realize that you are making up a lot of bullshit. It's the same thing as weight lifting m8, and especially pull exercises on these things are very efficient and feel a lot better than doing them with weights where you have to get in awkward positions. I do weight lifting and use suspension trainers simultaneously, depending on which exercise I like better. Plus you can take them with you everywhere you go.
>>
>>35377718
well OP, you probably don't know it since you are new but this guy is not someone to listen to. he is offering bad advice. yes it is hard to believe anything /fit/ says since most people take their personal advice to the extreme but this guy is advising you do things which will not provide the same results, not matter what he says.

shame on you. i'm trying to help OP; you are buttmad about me calling out your bullshit about these trendy pieces of equipment and are now just arguing with me. stop it
>>
>>35377718
>>35377752
guys please, I'll look into it all. I got them from a friend so I can always decide to give them back.
>>
>>35377752
I'm not even telling him to exclusively use suspension trainers, but they can be useful, there are some great exercises you can do with them, just as there are great exercises with weights. If you don't like it because it's not in the sticky and rippetoe hasn't mentioned it either, then go ahead, I don't give a shit.

Also, how is it a new thing? It's a very basic idea and around since forever, basically.
>>
>>35377773
>I'm not even telling him to exclusively use suspension trainers
well that's good.
>there are some great exercises you can do with them, just as there are great exercises with weights
i'm not denying that.

now, i think we both can agree that OPs best bet is to go and join a gym and utilize the equipment they have there. OP has posted a pretty built body that he wants to have, though he says that he wants to not be so big, which i take to mean he wants less fat than that.

look at that body and tell me without lies or shame that OP can achieve that using his meagre equipment. he probably can't. i am no rip fanboy but i am sorry, that's how it is. have you ever seen a single guy with a body like that who didn't train using heavy compounds and isolation exercises?

now, if you are saying that OP can achieve that using only his equipment, then i have a problem with that for OP's sake. but i think that instead you are trying to say that they aren't totally useless, which i accept. OP could use them but certainly not as the main part of his training if he wants to get shredded efficiently.
>>
>>35377811
I actually meant less muscle mass.
>>
I have a 15kg dumbbell at home anything interesting I can do with it for upper chest?
>>
>>35377895
very slow reps if incline bench presses.

i don't think you understand the value of a gym.
>>
>>35377991
just asking since I have them laying around.
>>
>>35378002
ah. sorry for assuming. i know i probably sound like a short asshole, it just gets a little repetitive around this time of year when i see well meaning and enthusiastic anons wanting to improve their bodies cause i always want to help them out, best of luck when you get around training whatever you decide to do.
>>
>>35378030
No problem, I appreciate the help. Just trying to find a balance. I don't have a lot of money for a gym membership, and I can ask a pair of these for New Year. I have some dumbbells back at home, so they can come in handy. I'm not lacking in motivation, I've been playing tennis for the last 12 years and just now I'm finishing important long studies.

Anyhow soon-to-be-new-year, byebye i'm deleting this thread
>>
>>35378085
happy* soon to be etc
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.