[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so i started working out with my new gymbro and i realized im
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 1411885443907.jpg (74 KB, 519x768) Image search: [Google]
1411885443907.jpg
74 KB, 519x768
so i started working out with my new gymbro and i realized im much stronger in terms of the weight we lift but his muscle are way bigger.

what is the meaning of this fuckery m80s?
>>
>>28912057
You did low reps he did high reps.
>>
I guess you weigh more and he is lower body fat. Also he maybe has darker skin.
>>
>>28912078
>Also he maybe has darker skin.
this shitty bait. Nigger get a real job.
>>
>>28912076
could you explain the difference? and what numbers would you consider low and high? and if i started doing high reps would my muscles grow larger faster?
>>
>>28912099

Its not bait, its lighting. Thats why body builders get thosr retarded tans, nigger.
>>
>>28912078
>>28912161
no we took our measurements and hes clearly bigger
>>
>>28912161
They also wear gstrings. You know if they used lighting well it wouldn't matter what colour the peoples skin would be it would still show a contrast in fact white skin would show a better contrast.
>>
>>28912155
i would like to know this as well.
>>
>>28912161
You know bodybuilders covering themselves in fake tan and carrot juice is the equivalent of people carrying a rabbits foot for good luck.
They do it because they "believe" that tan skin makes you look more healthy or "bigger" just like tanorexics believe if they tan themselves they look better and more healthy.
Its just stupidity that has become a custom.
>>
>>28912057
>Rhonda Rydell

Jaysus Fuark, OP, I would blow my load just being in the same room.
>>
>>28912155
1-5 is low reps mainly used for strength and 8-15 is high reps used for size.
Even though low reps is better at making you stronger you'll still put on size just not as fast and vica versa

>also btw 6-7 reps will make you decrease in size/strength
>>
>>28912614
picture of graph saying 6-7 reps does nothing requested
>>
>>28912250
No. It helps with how their muscles look when under a stage light.
>>
It means

FUNCTIONAL STRENGTH> looking nice
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 807x662) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 807x662
>>
>>28912614
In fact 7 reps do absolutely nothing for you
>>
File: image.jpg (141 KB, 611x829) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141 KB, 611x829
>>
>>28914748
>Journal of Broscience 2013
>shiggydiggitydoo
>>
>>28914799
Actual science.

Except the rep ranges in the middle is equal parts strength and size.

However unless your the top 1%, lifting heavy gets you bigger and stronger.
>>
But OP do you have your answer?

Do you indeed lift low reps and the other dude high reps?

Cuz I was thinking you don't eat big enough
>>
Bigger glycogen stores in muscles = bigger muscle, same maximum strength, longer endurance capacity. So there's some truth to doing longer sets for bigger muscles as increased glycogen stores are an adaptation that will increase your endurance capacity when using the glycolytic energy system. It's not sarcoplasmic vs myofibrillar hypertrophy. The amount of sarcoplasm is defined by the amount of myofibrils so you can't increase one without increasing the other.

Also increased water retention from creatine use can make bigger muscles bigger without increasing maximal strength.

Then you also have to consider the differences in anatomy. Better leverages = can lift more weight without being stronger muscle-wise.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.