[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bodyweight routines?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Push_Up.jpg (24 KB, 483x350) Image search: [Google]
Push_Up.jpg
24 KB, 483x350
Hey guys, I'm back home for Christmas and I don't have access to a gym around these parts. Do any of you fine folks know any decent bodyweight training routines that I can do at home?
>>
>>35328492
I'm in the same boat as you opie, so I'm doing the following workout, which is as close to my normal (gym) workout as possible:

A:
Weighted pushups
Weighted chins
Ring Dips
Pistols (weighted if they get easy)

B:
Handstand Pushups
Hanging Rows
Wide-grip pushups
Pistols

I could use another pulling exercise on the B routine, but I'm struggling to think of one.
>>
This focuses on getting to a certain volume and then increasing the load through either weight or mechanics (your choice. Youtube the stuff for more info. There is too much for me to just post.)

Required materials
>weight vest
>Pull up bar
>hand balancing blocks or planche blocks

Optional
>pulley and Paracord
(For rigging assistance for progressing one arm chin, levers, and planches)

Day one
>Chin ups-to one arm chin up progression
>Push ups-to one arm push up progression
>plank for up to 2 minutes then add weight

Day two
>handstand with wall-to one arm hand stand with wall progression
>handstand with no wall (this is separate from the one arm progression because you just want to do this for raw time) for one minute then add weight
>hand stand push up. Get to 10 reps then add weight/increase rom by doing on blocks

Day three
>pistol squat progression-add weight and jump
>stretch wrists
>planche progression
>lever progression
>weighted box jumps
>google shaolin foot drills and train this

Every day
>stretch for your splits
>do hamstring stretching
>stretch shoulders

2x a week
>sprints or work up to 5 mile run
>>
>>35329140
Additional note. You don't want to be doing a ton of reps for most of this. You want to focus on something like 5x5 and adding weight to your vest until you can move to the one arm progression (100+lb weight vest recommended at the least) and then, once you get the one arm version add reps.

Treat it like starting strength. Add weight, focus reps later.

I did high reps for a while, but focusing on adding mechanical difficulty and weight will skyrocket your growth.
>>
File: calisthenics_routine.jpg (922 KB, 1562x4158) Image search: [Google]
calisthenics_routine.jpg
922 KB, 1562x4158
This gets asked and posted daily
>>
>>35329288
This routine is imbalanced. Too much pushing. IMO the best routines are Antranik's PPL split if you have the time to work out every day, or the reddit BWF routine 3-4 times a week
>>
>>35328492
1000 pushups, 1000 situps, 1000 squats, and 10km running

every
single
day
>>
>>35329395

damn I thought it was only 100?
>>
>>35329195
100lbs weight vest? Where is that available? The one I have is like 30lbs max
>>
>>35329434
idk tbph familia
>>
>>35329434
It is
>>
>>35329438
memes aside if you dont want to go to the gym then do strongman stuff. get a keg and fill it with sand and walk around with it, throw it, strongman shit like that. saying you'll only do bodyweight is placing an unnecessary limit on what you can achieve. i did the bodyweight progressions and stuff for like 2 years in highschool bc i was afraid of the gym and, for me, it was essentially wasted time
>>
>>35329462
Don't worry, I know what I'm doing and making decent gains
>>
>>35329491
i didnt read op lol
>>
>>35329462
Yeah, strictly bodyweight is not that great unless you have hours a day.

A reps based approach to bodyweight is absolute garbage.

However, barbell and bodyweight has been very rewarding.
>>
>>35329518
I'm not op, I'm doing bodyweight only

My routine:

A:
4x5 Pull Ups
3x12 Ring pull ups (upside down, feet above head)
3x Ring hanging
3x12 Inverted biceps rows
3x12 Dips
Plank
3x12 Decline push ups
3x12 Bench dips

B:
4x5 Chin ups
3x12 Ring leg raises
3x12 Push ups on parallel bars
3x10 Pistol squats
3x12 Single bar dips
3x12 Decline wide push ups
3x12 Back raises

Using a weight vest (currently 8kg)
>>
get a cheap ab wheel or make one. you can not get better ab exercise without one as you can progress the exercise all the way from flat on your knees to standing decline roll outs. roll outs are the progression from planks. it's also not strictly an ab isolation exercise it works your core very well.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.