[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
As Holiday Season Rolls By...
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 307x287) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 307x287
Say Yes.

Say Yes to baking cookies with your friends and family. Say Yes when someone you care for offers to pour you another drink. Say Yes to whipped cream and sprinkle fights with the family. Say Yes when offered another helping of delicious holiday delights. Don't be afraid to lick the frosting bowl or go a little crazy on the eggnog. Take a bite of little cousin Timmy's Christmas tree cookie when he isn't looking and laugh as he rushes to blame the dog.
I know what you're thinking, "But my gains! If I break from my diet for a week it'll ruin my whole years progress!" It's okay. You've worked hard and made it through another year. Now's the time for a break to relax and focus not only on just yourself and your fitness goals, but on the special people in our lives who make life so wonderful. Life's short. Don't get caught up in the endless quest of broccoli, chicken breasts, and shredz only to find out that once you've made it there's nobody around to appreciate you or the results you've worked so hard for.

Sometimes we get so caught up in our fitness goals that we lose sight of what's really important. We freak out when we don't hit our protein, carb, or fat goals for the day. We become OCD about that new PR, that new low weigh in. Or else we stress about how we're going to fit in that tub of MTS Cookies and Cream into our budget when we have presents to buy.

Then we start to think, "Maybe....just maybe if I slack a little in gift department I can get myself that new lifting belt and pre workout stack. Maybe if I go do 3 hours of cardio and fast the entire day I can gorge myself at the family dinner. Or maybe I can fake sick and not show up at all for dinner. Instead I'll pound that scoop and a half of whey to get my exact 185 grams of protein for the day."
>>
File: image.jpg (25 KB, 403x300) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25 KB, 403x300
>>35319329
Continued (2/2)

Sometimes it does get a little ridiculous, we've all been there. But you have to realize that the holidays and new years only come once a year. You have your entire life to get in shape.

Fitness is and should be a lifetime journey. Forget about now. You don't need abs "now" to be happy. You don't need all the curves in the world to be happy now. Grandma isn't going to care if you have a shredded 8 pack or 18 inch guns. In fact, I guarantee she'll say "Steroids!" and force some full fat cake into your glycogen depleted ass. That hot coworker at the office new years party isn't going to be mirin any harder if you're not drinking and in the corner eating broccoli with canned tuna from a tupperware. She'll probably hook up with Dave who's on his 4th mug of mulled wine and having a blast with everyone else. Aka don't be that party pooper while everyone else is having a good time.

In the end, it's the holidays. It's a time to let go. Be merry. Enjoy your family, friends, and food to the fullest. Maybe when you're sitting there by the fireplace in your ugly Christmas sweater sipping your warm drink you can think for a moment...that you're going to be even better next year. But after that moment, look around and see everything, everyone who matters to you. Smile and think, "Life is good."

Always remember, fitness around your life. Not life around fitness.
>>
>>35319329
>>35319340
This post really spoke to me. Over the past year I've been pushing it hard in the gym, I've restricted my diet to nothing but protein and vegetables, and I've given up caffeine, drugs and alcohol, all in the name of health and fitness. While my progress has been incredible, I've completely isolated myself socially and even my best friends and relatives are hesitant to spend time with me. I also feel like I can't relate to people in general as well anymore because my mind is constantly preoccupied with diet and exercise. It's easy to forget that the reason why you originally wanted to be fit was so that you could have a bit more liberty to enjoy the occasional indulgence. I guess this is what it feels like to take it too far. Thanks for the wake up call, OP.
>>
>>35319329
>>35319340
And dont forget, the squat rack becomes the curl station January 2nd.
>>
I am going to say yes to not using the holidays as a cop out to fuck with my diet.

That said, I will eat many cookies.

permalinksavereportgive goldreply
>>
>>35319481

>permalinksavereportgive goldreply

kek
>>
>gained 2 kilos in a week and the big family meals haven't even started yet
th-thanks santa
>>
>>35319329
Guys seriously, listen to this man unless you are still obese. If you're obese, don't break your diet for anything.

Choosing an incremental boost in performance or aesthetics over fully engaging with loved ones at a special time of the year isn't a good call.
>>
Man even the replies are some reddit copy pasta BS.
>>
Honestly I don't understand this post? The people who believe this are weak. There are excuses all the time to cheat yourself, birthdays, holidays, etc. If you have this attitude you are never going to make it.

Just because its Christmas doesn't mean you have to eat fucking cake and cookies and ice cream, wtf?

Drinking is fine, but its fine all year. In moderation. Holiday dinney = bulk. And if you are cutting during the winter you fucked up somewhere.

also fuck off reddit
>>
>>35319640
Im obese an having cheat day on Christmas.
Its a special day with family where everyones going to be chowing down on candy, turkey. Im not gunba be some lil faggot in the cornee going "s-sorry ill just have some broccoli and water".
Whats one little day going to do to my progress.
>>
>>35319329
shoo shoo gains goblin
>>
>>35319723
just make sure it doesn't snowball from there

I literally can't have cheat meals because I have no self control and I go "oh whatever I ate shit for lunch might as well eat shit for dinner too" and before I know it I'm fasting to make up for a week of cheat days

not fun
>>
File: 1411075440162.jpg (2 MB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
1411075440162.jpg
2 MB, 1536x2048
>>35319758
R u me?
>>
>>35319655
>>35319669
>>35319726
Found the redditors.

>lol stinky protein farts and bicep char[le]s curling in the squat rack :D
>>
Just practise moderation, it's not an either or situation. Why create a false dichotomy?
>>
>>35319795
This post speaks the truth. Dieting and eating healthy is a lifestyle not a temporary thing. If you work hard most of the time a few days aren't gonna dent you at all.
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/3xfa9b/as_holiday_season_rolls_by/

Faggot
>>
>>35319329
>not bulking in the winter
>being such a manlet you cannot easily accommodate those calories into your meal plan
>making it
>>
>>35319329
Shiggitt diggity. I'll eat like one cookie maybe. "It won't hurt" turns into "shit now i'm fat" real quick.
>>
>>35319587
It's the sodium m8. That's water
>>
>>35319329
>>35319340
>>35319359
>>35319640

SHOO SHOO!

I seriously hope nobody takes this goblin's b8.
>>
File: image.jpg (21 KB, 348x260) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
21 KB, 348x260
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.