[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is lifting long-term even realistically possible? It feels like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: 157.jpg (104 KB, 803x688) Image search: [Google]
157.jpg
104 KB, 803x688
Is lifting long-term even realistically possible?

It feels like if you actually go hard in the gym you're pretty much going to be seriously injured sooner or later. There's SO many ways to fuck your shit up it seems, and just once over hundreds of sessions spread over years seems incredibly likely.

Unless you're one of those oldfags at the gym who has been doing 4 x 20 of 7.5lb shoulder presses his entire life and doing retarded stretches and ab shit all day, aren't you pretty much guaranteed to fuck your shit up quite hard?
>>
Just don't go too heavy
>>
>>37840902
But like the whole bodybuilding/powerlifting shit seems quite dangerous long term, to be frank w/ you.

Yeah it's cool to make quick gains but seems extremely easy to really fuck your shit up one of these days. Like I was watching pete rubish and others videos on youtube and when you're lifting the weight they're lifting, one fuckup and you're really screwing yourself up...

Can't imagine how their joints must look at 40-50
>>
It's hard to "fuck your shit up" naturally and not having too much of an ego.

Most guys injury themselves are the guys that have MASSIVE ego's and also the guys who get on 1 cycle and gain a shit-load of strength suddenly and then when they eventually come off keep on trying to lift their heavy as fuck and fail miserably.

Lifting at home in your own gym without anyone around helps a lot. I am guilty of ego-lifting back when I lifted at my gym, but I've never ego-lifted at home. I actually stick to my fucking program while at home, and never do any stupid shit.
>>
>>37841010
Well I just mean when you're going extremely hard... overhead press and deadlifts come to mind when you're going very heavy on them.
>>
>>37841035
If you do those lifts with enough frequency and get really good at the movement pattern chance of injury reduces significantly.

I do all the main lifts 3 times a week and I've been lifting for nearly 5 years now without a break.
>>
>>37841090
Maybe it's just me then but I keep fucking up my shoulders

I got multidirectional shoulder instability in my either fucking shoulder
>>
>>37840952

Alright kid here's the truth

Lifting is probably one of the safest activities out there. If you're getting injured because of a freak accident nothing will prevent that. Three years ago I almost split my ankle tendons while stepping off the sidewalk, so it's not like heavy lifting is realistically any more dangerous than any other physical activity.

>quick gains

There is no such thing as quick gains. It's a myth perpetuated by people who want to scam you with "AMAZING X WEEKS TRANSFORMATION PROGRAM".

I've been lifting for 5 years now and have never come close to getting injured from lifting. All my injuries have come from other things, my current wrist tendonitis and hip pain are related to an accident I had once while running where I fell down and fucked up my hand and my hip. Same for my ankle tendonitis which is from the injury I mentioned previously

As long as you learn proper form and have a good program, good nutrition and proper rest there is nothing to be worried about
>>
>>37841154
my shoulder is severely fucked up and I don't do anything but lift and I don't know how it happened

I've never had outrageously bad form or had an injury on it
>>
>>37841177

not that anon but it could be mobility related or from excessive shoulder work without doing anything to keep your shoulders healthy
>>
>>37841177
Even little, but significant, mistakes in form can cause injury over long periods of time. Or, you might have injured it and never given it the rest and PT needed to fix it
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.