[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If the goal is: to loose weight (fat) while maintaining muscle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: question-time.png (53 KB, 1650x1053) Image search: [Google]
question-time.png
53 KB, 1650x1053
If the goal is: to loose weight (fat) while maintaining muscle rank the following in order of importance (note: you may eliminate those items which you believe to be irrelevant to weight loss) -

A. Eating at a caloric deficit
B. Doing cardiovascular exercise
C. Eating high protein
D. Eating low amounts of carbohydrates
E. Eating low amounts of fats/oils
F. Eating high amounts of fats/oils
G. Eating low amounts of sodium
H. Drinking a large amount of water
I. Eating multiple, small meals a day
J. Eating on an Intermittent Fasting Schedule
K. Eating low amounts of sugars (natural or added)
L. Performing High Intensity Interval Training
M. Performing Fasting Cardio
N. Performing Low Intensity Steady State Cardiovascular Exercise
O. Performing weight lifting routines
>>
>>37745827

First, H and K are extremely important no matter what your goal is. There is literally NO scenario where drinking less water or eating more sugar would be beneficial, to anyone, ever, under any circumstances.

Now, as for your specific goal, in order of importance:

1. A (required)
1. C (required)
1. O (required)
2. N (optional)

The rest can be experimented with as a means to manage your hunger cravings. Different things work for different people. But none of them will actually make you lose more fat.
>>
>>37745887
If I lift regularly will I gain muscle while losing weight or do I have to get like 200 grams of protein in a day?
100?
>>
>>37745901

on trenbolone and test? yeah man, eating at maintenance you'll burn fat and get swoler.

otherwise no, fuck off.
>>
>>37745921
I don't know what trenbolone and test is

Also I'm not OP and I'm trying to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time

wat do
>>
>>37745936
>I'm not OP and I'm trying to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time

I am OP and I'm telling you to read the FUCKING STICKY
>>
>>37745887
Sugar is extremely beneficial intra and post workout. A decent amount too.
>>
>>37745901

The general consensus is that, no, you can't gain muscle AND lose fat simultaneously, simply because the eating requirements for those two goals are mutually exclusive. Gaining muscle REQUIRES a caloric surplus, and losing fat REQUIRES a caloric deficit. Your primary goal while cutting fat is as you described in your OP: You're really just trying to maintain the muscle you have.

Now, there are some who believe you CAN do both simultaneously. The idea would be to basically eat "at maintenance", i.e. neither at a surplus nor a deficit. But keep in mind that this is a slow process, likely much slower than if you were to just commit to one goal (e.g. cutting fat) and then switching to the other goal (e.g. building muscle).

I look at it like this: If you're a fatty, your primary goal should be to stop being a fatty as quickly as possible, and THEN worry about building muscle later.
>>
>>37745941
Look nigger I've read that stupid half assed sticky so many times already and it keeps saying I need an insane amount of protein each day something like 200 when everywhere else I go its says I need 50

Why does eating at a caloric deficit and lifting mean I need a fuck ton more of protein than people who eat at maintenance and dont lift?

And by fuck ton I mean 4 times as much if you say its 50g for everyone else and even more if you go with some sources that say 30g
>>
>>37745962
I'm not OP

Also if gaining muscle while at a deficit is impossible then why is it that I am able to lift heavier and heavier weights even though I've been at a deficit now for months?
>>
>>37745959

No. Sugar is literally figuratively cancer.
>>
>>37745989

You're not gaining muscle so much as you are just becoming more skilled at performing the movements. (aka "CNS adaptation".)

And assuming you are losing weight but keeping your existing muscle, then lifts will become easier that way simply because you're not carrying around that much extra weight. For example, I've lost 50 pounds. That alone basically adds the equivalent of a plate to my squat and deadlift, because that weight is no longer part of my body.
>>
File: 54234244.png (11 KB, 394x218) Image search: [Google]
54234244.png
11 KB, 394x218
>>37746034
My arms are also getting more vascular and I can see tone when I flex that was never there before
I mean damn I used to be so fucking weak and now I am getting stronger I don't see how I'm not building more muscle

Also
>pic
How the fuck does maintenance require MORE protein than bulking?
>>
>>37746063

And to be honest I'm seeing the same thing myself. I think what we are seeing is the muscle that was always there, but was covered up by a thick layer of fat. Now that the fat is going away, the muscles underneath become more visible.
>>
>>37746063
I cut at 1g protein/pound of bodyweight. Wrong ?
>>
>>37745989
cause the guy in these 2 posts:
>>37746034
>>37745962
is a retard talking out of his ass.

Yes, you can build muscle while cutting fat, they're not mutually exclusive. It's just slower and more difficult. Take a random fatty and put them on a protein-rich caloric deficit and make them do stronglifts. Watch them lose 25kg and hit 1/2/3/4 in a year. You think you can diddy 4 plates without muscle through CNS adaptation? Nah.

Also:
>If you're a fatty, your primary goal should be to stop being a fatty as quickly as possible, and THEN worry about building muscle later.

This phrase is a extremely prevalent on /fit/ and it's HAES-tier bullshit. Even the sticky mentions this: Fat people should LIFT WHILE CUTTING. There's no point in wasting a year or something turning yourself from a weak bag of lard into a weaker bag of bones before you start working on your body.

Why the fuck do you think you need to "eat big to get big"? Cause you require calories, aka energy. That's what stored fat is. There was this dude in scotland who got tired of being 200kg so he checked himself into a hospital and refused to eat anything for a year until he dropped 125kg. I'm not making this shit up, google it. If your body can do that, then surely it can use your fat stores to fuel your workouts.
Lifting while fat is like being on roids.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.