[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
FENUGREEK
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: ibuyintogimmicks.jpg (23 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
ibuyintogimmicks.jpg
23 KB, 450x450
Have any of you guys tried using fenugreek and have you noticed any results at all?

I hate the maple syrup burps but damn I have been having a shit ton of wet dreams bretty nice side effect I think.

What about you brehs have any of you tried this stuff?

its supposed to boost test and help control blood sugar
>>
I just took an Herbal Supplements and Functional foods course at college taught by a world leader on pomegranate and other natural products. I learned that Fenugreek in particar has compounds called phytosterols, which mimic or agonize with natural steroids and hormones. After reviewing multiple studies in pharmacognosy, I drew the conclusion that it was most promisingly correlated to treating BPH (benign prostatic hyperplasia) but there were a few studies that showed men taking a supplement of many herbs (including fenugreek) and put on a weight loss regiment lost slightly more weight while maintaining more lean muscle mass. Its certainly not a test booster, if anything more of a hormone agonist. I hope this was helpful.
>>
>>37430188
>>37430243
Also, if you are going to be taking herbal supplements, I suggest you review clinical studies and make sure the product you select is Standardized to the same clinical trial (ex. It may say something like "standardized to 88-94% phytosterols" or "278mg of concentrated dry berry extract". Make sure you check the contraindications, such as "do not take while undergoing hormone replacement therapy or treatment"
>>
I did it for 4 weeks, then a 4 week break, then another 4 weeeks, on advice from some guy on a dodgy drug forum. Didnt notice anything so i stopped taking it. This was about a year ago before i was lifting heavy though. I still have a bottle, i reckon I'll start again because why not.
>>
>>37430243
thank you bro, I have been running 1.5miles every other day on top of my calisthenic routine and have noticed that I have gotten a tad bit leaner since taking this. I will continue to use this for 90 days to give it a fair chance with my training.

This was very informative thank you.
>>
>>37430188
>fenugreek pills
why? just put it in your food ffs
>>
>>37430690
Where the fuck you gonna find raw fenugreek
>>
>>37430753
I get mine from my local supermarket.
>>
>>37430188
I took it for 5 weeks and put on like 8 lbs of lean muscle and my dick grew about an inch.
>>
File: alltoeasy.jpg (106 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
alltoeasy.jpg
106 KB, 1920x1080
>>37431401
>>
This pretending herbs are supplements and paying 500% markup for them meme is beyond retarded

Use them in cooking and stop paying more for them you fucking idiots
>>
>>37432138

>$3.28 at walmart.....
>>
>>37432138
Same guy from first response. All the clinical studies that show correlations to herbal supplements that they put on labels are all based off of specific amounts of standardized matter. For example, red wine and one compound it contains, resveratrol. While resveratrol has been linked to aging better and lowering cholesterol, the amount of resveratrol in wine is innefficient at producing CLINICAL, noteworthy results, hence a "red wine extract" supplement with a higher concentration. Garlic supplements are supposed to be heart healthy and immune boosting, but you can't get anywhere near the amount of the allicin and sulfur compounds needed to replicate clinical results by just eating alot of garlic. Herbal Supplements exist more for the same reasons as protein powder exists, in that its getting a higher amount of compound in a more reasonable way. Keeping that in mind, we still are unaware of the majority of mechanisms in most herbal products that produce the results in the body, where some studies show that other accompanying chemicals and compounds in the actual plant sources can aid in the formation of the proper chemicals in the body.
>>
>>37430188
Only herbs I take are Milk Thistle for them Liver gains and Horsetail for the Silica which builds bone and removes Aluminum
>>
>>37432350
The same concept as cacao powder/red wine and phytochemicals etc.

All you're identifying here is that a healthy diet over a long period of time is the best solution and temporary supplements are a waste of time and money which is exactly what I alluded to with my snarky shitty comment.
>>
>>37432886
again $3.28 at walmart

you're probably just a flabby bitch
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.