[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there any specific reason why there is so much misconception
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: ss.jpg (17 KB, 316x400) Image search: [Google]
ss.jpg
17 KB, 316x400
Is there any specific reason why there is so much misconception surrounding health and fitness? Does anybody know of any books or something on the subject?
>>
Because
1. people have egos in this industry
2. my way is better competition
3. people outright making shit up or lying to sell products/routines/etc
so basically, capitalism is why.
>>
>>34963830
Is it honestly that simple? You would think with all of the information available from actual medical sources there'd be less ambiguity.
>>
Because people can't tell what really works so they're easy to sell to.

Also people will do shit like brosplits because all their friends do, they will do high reps for their main exercise because they react on feeling, and think the burning is muscle growing, also their friends do it. And they take advice from roiders who can generally do anything and still make gains.

Medical research all points to muscle growing as a response to needing to be stronger or more powerful, hence why all bodybuilders, powerlifters, and weightlifters always trying to increase weight, so it's a surprise to see normies just trying to go for high rep bullshit. They grow because they eventually increase weight, but it takes them longer
>>
>>34963842

Most people don't want to learn shit, track calories or lift heavy-ass weight. That's such a hassle man. They just want a quick and easy way to get a beach body and/or buy into the "fitness lifestyle". So they buy into bullshit, because bullshit offers them quick and easy gains.
>>
>>34963819
To put it bluntly, there is a vested interest in keeping people completely fucking stupid when it comes to even the simplest basic understanding of health, nutrition, hygene, fitness and sex.

Why?
Cause stupid people will believe anything that's sold to them in media and from bullshit artists looking to make a quick buck.

The fitness industry? A big goddamnd scam. No one needs t o ever EVER step foot in a gym or touch a fucking olympic bar or buy special diet foods and supplements to get healthy and fit.

That is reality.
That is the truth.
Simple changes in diet, activity level, and a basic bodyweight and stretching routine done every day is more then enough to make even the most unhealthy person healthy.

That is how it is.
>>
>>34963995
But I wanna get swoole
>>
>>34963962

Oh, and there's also the bullshit that people want to use to validate their medriocrity.

>Man, I can't gain weight, I'm an ectomorph, trust me I tried everything. It's IMPOSSIBLE.

>I can't lose weight, I h-have a thyroid issue, and m-muh genetics.

>I'm such a fucking special snowflake that my metabolism breaks the laws of physics.

This also buys into the fact that we all like to believe we're special in some way.
>>
>>34963995
Big > skinny ottermode.
>>
>>34963819
Take this website for example. Most of the people that go on /fit/ can't take the ten minutes it takes to read the fucking sticky and you expect normal ass motherfuckers to apply any effort into their bodies? Nigga what?
>>
>>34963819
same as other shit that currently kills humanity:
C A P I T A L I S M

A

P

I

T

A

L

I

S

M

Just think about it - the more distracted from reality slots are the more they will fall for status - image - creation things like "helthy" feed that even animals woud not eat if it was not for the capitalists propaganda and commercial "fitness" where the first word of the stuff is "credit card" and so on.

fuck humanity

we had the chance to all make it and we shited all over it

now go back to whatever
>>
>>34963830
>capitalism is why
Triggered. If there was only one goverment doctrine you wouldn't even be aware of any better ways. Competition means you have the ability to use yor own brain to choose what is right for you.
>>
>>34963830
>. people outright making shit up or lying to sell products/routines/etc
>so basically, capitalism is why.
How is this legal?How are weird as shit weightloss pills legal?People who do this shit are absolute scum
>>
>>34964865
not the poster you answer to but:
>anti-capitalist == pro one government

>even impaling capitalism =/= one government (the rule of the capital over everything [the very definition of capitalISM] )

>retarded much?

>>34965482
>are absolute scum
but they make a buck anon (e.g. expand capital)
>>
>>34963995
''Healthy'' is subjective an only applies to the moment. A 25-year-old 400lb fatass can have good bloodwork and be considered ''healthy'' by a doctor, but it doesn't mean he's not risking diabetes and cardiovascular disease when he gets older.

Running 5k every other day and doing push ups and pull ups might make you ''healthier'' than the average person but don't pretend that there isn't a significant benefit to barbell training.
>>
File: 361-1.jpg (37 KB, 874x700) Image search: [Google]
361-1.jpg
37 KB, 874x700
>>34964666
history hasn't ended comrade
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.