[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How often do you go to the gym? I'm going 3x per week (doing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: received_10206341515240378.jpg (166 KB, 1230x720) Image search: [Google]
received_10206341515240378.jpg
166 KB, 1230x720
How often do you go to the gym? I'm going 3x per week (doing SL5x5) but it seems lots of people go 5-6 times each week.

What is the optimal amount of days/week for maximum gainz?

Pic unrelated
>>
4 should be the most one goes
>>
>>37297693
Bump w high test
>>
>>37297693

Also doing SL5x5.

I go 6 days a week, 3 days weights alternated with 3 days cardio and 1 rest day.

Dude who wrote the program advises against cardio because he says it makes your legs sore (supposedly taking away from your squat) but for me it doesn't.

He also says if you insist on cardio to only do it after weights during the same workout but I don't know of any evidence that this is better/worse than doing them separate workouts, which is more convenient for me.

Though my work weights are pretty poor considering I've been at it for 7 months now, so you can take all that with a grain of salt.
>>
>>37297693
I go there everyday so I can skip when I want
>>
>>37297855
I do cardio after every workout but I'll skip if my legs are rly sore. I predict I'm going to graduate from SL sometime around next Oct/November, and I don't realllly want to switch to some ppl routine that's 6x a week.

I was thinking about something like ABxABxx, where day A is chest/tri/shoulders, day B is squats/bis/back and id have to work calves in one of those days.
>>
>>37298016
As well I think its dumb as shit to do diddys and squats on diff days
>>
I used to go 6x a week doing 3 days of lifting + light cardio and 3 days of heavy cardio. I decided I didn't know wtf I was doing so I started SL5x5 but just going 3 days a week makes me feel lazy as shit. So I do 3 days weights, 2 days HIIT, 1 day yoga/flexibility and it's working pretty well so far.
>>
>>37298016

Same guy recommends doing Madcow 5x5, the "graduation" criterion being squatting 300 lbs, it's also 3 times a week if that's important to you.
>>
If you do an intense full-body workout each time you go, and you are not on steroids, go at most 3 or 4 times a day. Your muscles will need a rest-period of about 48 hours to recover.

If you do PPL, U/L splits or similar, you can go every day, assuming you still give each muscle group you're training about 48 hours to recover.

You should not skip a day, as letting a muscle-group sit for too long will cause catabolism. This is not a problem in roiders which are anabolic basically all the time and can train a muscle group once a week and still not lose any muscle in the meantime, but if you're natty, it's something to be aware of.

You also don't need to be all too concerned if you're natty about going hard, as your muscles will generally need to recover longer than your CNS/joints/etc. Although you may still want to consider to not do certain exercises (like deadlifts) heavy on all days. I deadlift heavy on Mondays and Fridays, not so heavy on Wednesdays.
>>
>>37298504
>letting a muscle group sit too long will cause catabolism

Dude come on..
This is simply not true..

You can not train for a month and any existing muscle will still be there.

Going on an ethiopian diet and kenyan regime (running) simultaneously causes catabolism.
>>
>>37297693
Bulking I go 6x a week. When cutting I guy the frequency and go 3x a week but also add cardio in off days.
>>
>>37297855
>He also says if you insist on cardio to only do it after weights during the same workout but I don't know of any evidence that this is better/worse than doing them separate workouts, which is more convenient for me.
FYI this is to give your body the maximum amount of time to recover from the cardio before your next lift.
>>
>>37299054
Says the twink
>>
>>37299054
Different anon here. Have you ever done it yourself? I injured my shoulder bad along with my knee so I took a month off to heal and I lost quite a bit of muscle. And yes I was eating as much as I could. natty
>>
>>37297693
You stop growing 36 hours after a workout, so the best is fullbody every day and a half
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.