[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/dgg/ - /d/ Games General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /d/ - Hentai/Alternative

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54
previous thread: >>6847026
good girl edition

Discuss lewd games, share your projects and have others critique them.
Post pictures (/d/ related preferably) to keep the thread alive.

Lose hope of making games here, and collaborate with others to not make games:
https://groups.google.com/forum/?pli=1#!forum/hentai-game-dev-group

>IRC:
https://qchat.rizon.net/?channels=#/d/evs

>/d/ Game Catalog:
http://pastebin.com/Su7gb2iq
>>
girl life is supposed to update tomorrow
>>
File: 1455761653897.jpg (309 KB, 2000x1721) Image search: [Google]
1455761653897.jpg
309 KB, 2000x1721
>>6853499
>good girl edition
You will never play a game where you are the good girl who needs to obey.
>>
>>6853543
Awesome.

Hopefully no trojans this time.
>>
>>6853499

You guys were posting about fobs in the previous thread. In 1.06, it's almost like they took enemies (and the purple area, or a lot of it) out.
Yet now I go back to 1.05 and can't find that area any more.

I wasn't the only one who imagined the dungeony area with monstergirl that were like thwomps, am I?
>>
Anyone know what happened to control dev? He hasn't updated his tumblr.
>>
File: 56898546_p0.jpg (1 MB, 2785x2153) Image search: [Google]
56898546_p0.jpg
1 MB, 2785x2153
>>6853758
Hey anon, guess what page it's on.
>>
>>6853547
There was a fan edit of CoC that involved being stuck in a dungeon for 'training'. You could either go along with it or try and rebel, and it had some interesting developments like getting to go outside for a bit if you were good.
>>
>>6853792
I played that. it was shit.
CoC is about sex, not about being trained to be a good girl who obeys.
>>
>>6853792
It was called CoC Prison, it was awesome although short
>>
File: succubuddy.png (265 KB, 531x740) Image search: [Google]
succubuddy.png
265 KB, 531x740
>>6853792
And of course it's unfinished and what's there has a lot of placeholders, but it's pretty fun for what it is.

>>6853817
It's a good thing then you can resist and escape fairly easily then.
>>
Say I were to make a game, as someone who is fairly proficient at writing and programming logic, about girls with dicks fucking the player character—preferably after he loses in weapon-based combat (sort of like MGQ, but with more dicks). What would be the best game engine for someone who has never created a game before?

Also,
>>6853823
Are there any fleshed out sex scenes with the mistress for being "good"? I've only gotten the punishment scene.
>>
>>6853842
Twine, RPGMaker.
>>
>>6853842
I think twine is the easiest and the most flexible one to use. I have seen some serioustly impressive stuff done in twine that I didnt even know could be done.
>>
>>6853842
>I've only gotten the punishment scene.
When you're visited by your Mistress, depending on your obedience and self-esteem, choose to either accept or perform for her and get scenes for being a good slave.
>>
someone hase the early access version of Latex Dungeon?

https://www.patreon.com/posts/early-access-5431115
>>
>>6853842
What have you programmed?
>>
>>6853499

Why are gyaru so cute?
>>
How do you fix slaves that are ambivalent and fearful in Free Cities?
>>
>>6854141
lobotomy
>>
>>6854114
I've mostly done Matlab stuff for random school projects and I've also worked with C# to make a model of relativistic electron movement when subject to a dynamic electric field. I have no experience with the commonly used game creation engines.
>>
>>6854074
No. Stop begging for that every thread.
>>
>>6854145
Do you intend to have it be text based?
>>
are there any good /d/ games to play with someone? Say, a female.
>>
>>6854189
Yeah. I have some artistic proficiency too, but it takes me forever to draw something I'm happy with.

I've been playing around with Twine's Harlowe, since it seems to be the easiest, but the resources for it are unorganized. I'm having trouble defining variables as doubles/numbers, determining the variable data type/class, and changing lower case parts of a string to upper case (I would usually just add a certain value to characters between "a" and "z").

There are probably ways to do all of these in Harlowe, but the resource website is just a long list of macros.
>>
So I'm curious. Are there any notable transformation-focused games which don't involve going all MtF at some point? Really not my cup of tea, but when it comes to TF content, it seems to be almost exclusively that - the exceptions being, well, things like CoC or TiTS, which aren't particularly good.
>>
>>6854191
play something you're both into and play with the other persons bits instead of your own. probably wont work because its like 2 people reading a visual novel at the same time so its as fast as the slowest reader and frustrating to the faster one. so its probably not going to work with anything that is mostly reading (Cant think of anything far from this catagory so its not looking good) unless you can get creative somehow. you should probably just play it seperately. good luck though, I could be dead wrong. Keep us updated on how it turns out.
>>
>>6854238
that depends on if you want it to be a male mc that goes through the tf stuff or a female that goes through tf stuff. Could you be a little more specific?
>>
>>6854191
Now I'm wondering if there's an audience out there for something like The Yawhg of /d/.
>>
>>6854273
Male, preferably - which is the issue, really.
>>
>>6854286
I dont think I have actualy ever played a male tf game that does not involve becoming a girl. Sorry my man.
>>
>>6854074
I wouldnt want to patreon his game considering the output he's offered so far on this other one. Still better than Breeding Season and it has multiple people on it.
>>
What games are you currently closely following?

Mine are FC, No Haven and Bounty.
>>
>>6854334
>No Haven
Not sure there's a reaosn to. It only updates like once every 6 months, so it's not like you'll ever be missing updates.

Melkava and Witch's Familiar are both two sandbox games in the works. The latter has less content, but the author recently said they got some time off so will be doing lots of updates soon. And of course Girl's Life.
>>
>>6854295
Yeah, didn't think so. Ah well. Guess the only choice is making one myself.

That's not happening.
>>
File: 1464644596445.jpg (227 KB, 560x420) Image search: [Google]
1464644596445.jpg
227 KB, 560x420
can someone post the naked order download
>>
>>6854380
Ash /hgg/ or /hgg2d/
They should have it.
>>
>>6854334
FC, Monstergir Island, Malise and the Machine, Tainted Elysium, Girl Life.
>>
>>6854295
Flexible Survival lets you pick a male MC, and has the option to lock certain transformations. So you could lock out MtF transformations, or "protect" genitals to never be lost to transformations.

Although, FS isn't going to be to everyone's taste.
>>
>>6854334
Divine Arms, Malice&Machine and Crisis Point are the ones I await most but I'm just a pleb who also follows TiTS and Breeding Season
>>
>>6854410
>Although, FS isn't going to be to everyone's taste.
Because its like a modern day CoC but with a typing interface and more fury content.
>>
>>6854399
>>6854418
>Malise and the Machine
I have not heard of this. Care to spill the beans for an uninformed anon, my friend?
>>
>>6854380
https://mega.nz/#!ew4WnAgZ!6e4YLEshIxyJU7ev7UoBXDUwGHed2LeZu9pI3qW8-Bo

It was in the /hgg2d/ pastebin
>>
>>6854437
http://eromancer.blogspot.com/
>>
>>6854233
>I'm having trouble defining variables as doubles/numbers,
That's because all numbers in Javascript are stored as 64-bit floating point.
All of them.
>>
>>6854334
None really. I haven't heard of anything lately that really fits my tastes.
>>
>>6854433
There's an option to use hyperlinks for the interface, which is a lot easier (until you fuck up drinking water or something, and the offered hyperlinks don't correspond to the valid options).
You're right on the furry, though. If furry's not your thing then FS is just not going to work for you.
>>
For those of you who like MtF stuff, what's the appeal of that? What parts of a game interests you the most? Been checking out some Twine games with MtF but a good bit of it spends like 3 pages turning you into a girl but other than it otherwise plays as if you started with a female char
>>
>>6854470
TG usually overlaps with a lot of other fetishes, like corruption or degradation. Turning into a girl isn't enough, I need to be treated like garbage too. The real weakness in a lot of tfgamessite games is that in "optional female" games, the male portion is rarely more than an extended introductory sequence.
>>
>>6854470
TG for me is like liberation. I hate degradation, I love a lil bit of corruption (as in, become more sexual, less inhibited) but I hate it when the game belittles you or forces you in a subserviant position. I understand I'm in the minority, but hey.
I love gradual transformation. I hate the "you're a girl now !" start unless there is a serious amount of effort put into the acceptance of femininity (cursed >>> newlife, for exemple)
I generally hate it when it's a "punition", love it if it's willing (incredibly rare), like it if it's accidental.
>>
For Girl Life, are saves compatible with new versions? With the new release coming soon, I'd hate to have to scrap the character I've put a shit load of time into. I mean, I know I could always just cheat my way back to the same stats, but the little autist in me probably won't permit that
>>
>>6854533
I suspect there will be minor breakages, but the team is careful about existing variable names and my save from the beginning of the 5.1 dev cycle still works just fine.
When the new release is out, try making a save at a major location (your parents' apartment, outside in Pavlovsk, one of the city areas, etc). This will minimize the chance of you landing in an invalid location on load.
One thing that you will definitely lose is most of your clothes since the wardrobe system was completely revamped. That shouldn't be a deal breaker unless your save is right before an event that requires certain clothing type (date at a fancy restaurant, volleyball practice, etc). Plan accordingly.
>>
It would be nice to have something in the paste bin about recent updates to various games.
>>
It would be nice if the pastebin had half the games that get mentioned here
>>
>>6854338
>It only updates like once every 6 months
True, and the next update should be coming in a matter of days. Should.
>>
>>6854627
You've been saying that for months.
>>
>>6854605
>>6854620

Maybe we should convert the pastebin into a wiki page or google document that allows more than one author to modify it? It's inevitable stuff will be left out if everything has to be bottlenecked through one author.

>>6854627
Tell that to the guy spamming, "no have update when" every day for the last several weeks
>>
>>6854636
>wiki
Who's going to host it?
>google document
Bandwidth limits, plus you have to worry about someone just fucking everything up.
>>
Guys I'm looking for games similar to Whore Master, any suggestions ?
>>
>>6854646
>fucking everything up

That's been an issue since the invention of the wiki, which is why they generally have safeguards against such things (revision history, black/white listing IPs, etc).

As for a host, besides Google docs, probably one of the many websites that hosts all the *chan or h-game wikis?
>>
>>6854652
>Whore Master

So... spreadsheet girl management sims?
>>
>>6854658
Pretty much, yeah. I don't really care about visuals and I want more micro management and stuff. Even i it's text-based it's fine.
I already tried FC and it was too little but something along those lines is also fine.
>>
>>6854141
Confine their asses. Works miracles.
>>
>>6854634
First time posting in /ddg/.

>>6854636
I will if I catch him in the act.
>>
>I'm gonna make a game today
>no ideas
Every time
>>
File: 1330256844105.gif (342 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1330256844105.gif
342 KB, 640x360
>No FC until next week
>>
>>6854674
Sim Brothel is quite similar (the one for RPGMaker specifically; why are there so many damn games with the same name?), and you can play as a madame to participates or just a guy manager.

Jasbro (java sim brothel) is another.

There was also that one for RAGS that revolved around you playing a hivemind controller and capturing/assimilating women. I'm blanking on the name, anyone help me out here?
>>
>>6854691
Just to clarify, the exact name of the first game I referenced is "Sim Brothel 2 Revival". Hopefully that will narrow down your search a bit.
>>
>>6854691
I've already played Sim Brothel and the one for RPGMaker.
I'll check out Jasbro and I want to try that RAGS game.
>>
any1 have a dl for Pixel Torture X Dakkai?
>>
>>6854691
>>6854702
Looking through my game archive to find some other ones...

I already mentioned Sim Brothel 2 Revival... oh, here's one

Slave Brothel is also an interesting one. Imagine sim tower, but rooms are gloryholes, bedrooms, bars, etc. Assign girls to different rooms based on their skills and moods.

Also, found that RAGS game I mentioned earlier. It's called Overseer
>>
>>6854717
Guro is not welcome here and neither are you.
>>
>>6854702
Have you tried Strive from pastebin? Although it's still pretty early in development.
>>
>>6854684
I didn't hop on the FC train until recently. Is there any way to reclaim the slave taken by the Daughters of Liberty after their defeat? It says she's back but I don't see her.
>>
File: 1364726691258.png (239 KB, 813x407) Image search: [Google]
1364726691258.png
239 KB, 813x407
>>6854684
>No No Haven until next month
>>
>>6854233
You should try out HTML + CSS. A dozen youtube videos is enough to get you going, and HTML is productive to learn if you ever want to make your own website.
>>
>>6854760
I think you need every bonus against the daughters possible.
>>
>>6854760
>>6854775
Same thing happened to me. Fairly certain it's a bug.
I'll see her every once in a while in an after-work event but she isn't stationed anywhere, like a phantom.
>>
>>6854334
Last Demon Hunter (RM), Magical Girl Camp, ...FC. I'm not too concerned with content as long as it's erotic in some fashion or another, though with a general fetish towards all things dickgirls or entrapment (and by extension vore) it's still quite difficult to actually find things to get hyped over, in fact my list of potential games has shrunk due to the authors failing to keep the erotic content engaging, or appealing too much to the vanilla crowds (that have the money I don't).

>>6854464
Hate to be that faggot, but have you considered making a game that IS your tastes? It's literally the only way to inspire more like it. I'm starting to wonder if anyone hasn't been inevitably poked by another anon to make the game they bitch about not having in this thread.

Grabbed the full-size image off gelbooru real quick, but it says sample for some reason, troublesome.
>>
Does anyone have a link to that PDF game-type thing where your have a point budget and options to choose from that would determine your living conditions for the next year?

The premise was something like, you're on a television show and you walk away with $100k after a year.
>>
>>6854800
>I'm starting to wonder if anyone hasn't been inevitably poked by another anon to make the game they bitch about not having in this thread.
Well, those of us who know moonrunes (even at a basic level) can always resort to that though Japan has its own flaws when it comes to game design (you normally only get the more interesting things translated)
>>
File: 1388699625923.jpg (2 MB, 2500x1978) Image search: [Google]
1388699625923.jpg
2 MB, 2500x1978
>>6854803
This is stupid.
>>
>>6854812
Yeah, there's a much better one that is a few page long PDF. That's the same idea though, thanks.
>>
>>6854818
Just wait for a CYOA thread to pop up. It'll show there.

Not really in the scope of this thread though, and mods love nuking them.
>>
>>6854800
I'm far too lazy for that nonsense, but it's not like I've been bitching about the lack of it anyway. I'm not saying I haven't been trying the stuff that's been cropping up here, it's just nothing aligns with my tastes well enough for me to be super interested in following every update.
>>
>>6854820
>mods love nuking them
Why?
>>
>>6854825
Because they're shit and not a game?
>>
File: 1441312612423.png (1 MB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
1441312612423.png
1 MB, 900x1200
>>6854825
Because threads they get posted in turn in to roll shitposting
>>
>>6854829
Pretty much.
It's weird how there's not a game for it yet, I mean the idea is already there, just need to do everything else.
I might make a game like this where you have 365 'turns' and have to perform certain tasks. Might be fun.
>>
>>6854832

Somebody did make a twine game based off a CYOA image concept, it was kind of fun playing with the permutations and seeing scenes.

Trap Hotel I think it was called?
>>
>>6854841
Where could I get it/play it?
>>
>>6854825
Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
>>
>>6854854

Fuck off, cyoa threads are garbage. Unless you think a thread consisting entirely of 500+ posts saying "roll" is the rich sort of discussion that we need to encourage.
>>
>>6854851
If it's the "Trap Hotel" on TFGameSite, then you can find it there. Although it's not very good.
>>
>>6854864
/a/ mods are pretty good, the only time that people have issues is when mods from other boards show up and try to force their ideals onto /a/.
>>
>>6854871
/a/ mods are shit. The mods there are the very same people buying ad space. They delete comments if they don't like it and ban people for no reason.
I had a 3 day ban because I talked about another doujin website that hosted licensed work.
>>
>>6854803
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9ijwopa42ke49q1/AAC3WPRlDqGrUYajzktepbr_a/Slut%20Life%20CYOA?dl=0
>>
>>6854873
>They delete comments if they don't like it and ban people for no reason.
>I had a 3 day ban because I talked about another doujin website that hosted licensed work.
I've been sihitting on anime/manga since 2007 and I've only gotten a ban twice. Once when niggerwood was banning everyone and again when nipplemod was banning everyone.
>>
Enrollin in Coleman looks promising, herrzimm has some fairly quality writing. Just seems to be obsessed with twins, ignorant mothers, and having a tiny dick that his either not functional or barely functional. The Coleman Institute was neat, and I did like the ability to stay a trap up until college, but in the end being forced to become full woman kind of sucked. I would have liked to tell the institute to fuck off and let me be a good little trap.

The unfortunate thing is that herrzimm has started with the patreon paywall shit. Has a few games that he doesn't have anywhere else, at least not that I could find with my very limited googlefu. Then he posts the 'public' version of Enrollin in Coleman, with the handicap of it being a severely edited version and no pictures. And if you know the TFGameSite crowd, pictures are their jam and they are quite upset about it. I'm just upset about the paywall shit. Also trying to googlefu the shit out of that and see if some nice little Anons found a way around the paywall.

Knowing my luck, I'll find it, and the writing is shit, the choices suck, and the games were not worth the effort.
>>
>>6854902
Herrzim has, in all his previous games, made the critical error of making too many meaningful choices too early. This meant that the number of unique paths he had to write per game exploded exponentially to the point it was simply unmanageable and he couldn't progress further.

So I wouldn't hold out a lot of hope. He doesn't seem quick on the uptake when it comes to game design theory, especially if he's inserting [ADVERTISEMENT!] at random intervals in the game.
>>
File: 87.png (982 KB, 726x1192) Image search: [Google]
87.png
982 KB, 726x1192
>>6854925
>too many meaningful choices too early
Yeah, most choices in amateur made games should either be fake ones (only a small direct impact for flavour) or cosmetic ones with very few major choices that actually branch off and they should come late in the game to minimize work but not too late so that the player feels that they have agency.

It sucks that I have a very good grasp on game design and mechanics but I'm too lazy to make content.
>>
Out of curiosity, how big is everyone's porn folder? At this point, due to not deleting things, mine has gotten bloated up to 30gb, but I'm sure that's not a lot compared to others'.
>>
>>6855015
It depends on what type you mean. I'm sure that one or two ultra-HD porn films could easily reach a few dozen GB. And even HD porn images can be many times larger than drawn images.
>>
>>6854925
>>6854947
this is what makes games fun to play even if they are a nightmare to actually design.
>>
>girl life image pack: 2.79 gb

What the fuck.
>>
Of all the /d/ games that try to incorporate some combat/RPG elements, have any of them been interesting or decent? Asking because if I gotta fight 10 sewer rats or some shit just to get to the smut, I'd want to be as entertained as possible while doing do
>>
File: ScreenShot_20160601191729.png (397 KB, 1846x939) Image search: [Google]
ScreenShot_20160601191729.png
397 KB, 1846x939
>>6855035
This is why.
>>
>>6855035
They're all 3dpd shit so don't bother.
>>
>>6855015
My vietnamese porn comics are around 20gigs, my chinese children's porn games are 5gig. I always delete games I don't play anymore.
For normal VNs it's around 50gigs.
>>
>>6855015
>>6855053

What am I doing with my life?

>209 GB for non-visual novel games (Western and Eastern)
>171 GB for visual novels
>34 GB for H-Doujins

I remember I used to think, "haha, what a loser" about people with insanely large porn directories a few years ago. Now I am the monster I once reviled.
>>
File: aka6-336118-Poor_investments.jpg (434 KB, 1200x960) Image search: [Google]
aka6-336118-Poor_investments.jpg
434 KB, 1200x960
>>6855034
>this is what makes games fun to play
No, spaghetti branching doesn't necessarily make the game better. The thing is that most players won't notice fake choices if you just present them right. There is a reason why you hardly ever see true branching in commercial games. The return in "fun" doesn't justify the insane cost in workload.
>>
File: 1DrD8xM.gif (261 KB, 499x300) Image search: [Google]
1DrD8xM.gif
261 KB, 499x300
>>6855064

that is the kind of thinking that created mass effect 3. shame on you.
>>
>>6855070
No, this is the kind of thinking that get games out the door instead of becoming vaporware.
>>
>>6854074
I remember playing it. It wasn't that good, sorry.
>>
>>6855075

EA gets games out the door, realized ambition and hard work makes them great.
>>
>>6855070
The issue with ME3 wasn't branching, it was actually fairly reactive when it came to that. The issue was incompetent writers. Name me one commercially released game with spaghetti branching.
>>6855078
>realized ambition and hard work makes them great.
Sure, but you still need to get them out the door. If you don't scope and plan your project correctly all that hard work is wasted.
>>
Man how do you improve stats in girl life?
I noticed different start give you different sizes of mood meter which is huge. The nerd girl only has 100 mood so you cant do anything. How do I unlock event for various characters? Seems like the fastest way to make money is to take a bus to the glory hole everyday.
>>
>>6855080
1 good, well written game with meaningful choices > 100 badly written games with fake choices. Its one thing to plan, its another thing to sacrifice quality because you want to make money.
>>
>>6854334
Nothing at the moment.
>>
File: 162.png (167 KB, 480x720) Image search: [Google]
162.png
167 KB, 480x720
>>6855084
It's not even about money, it's about getting shit done and not leaving the project in an unfinished early state. That one game that's well written and have a wealth of truly meaningful choices is never ever getting released.
Existing game > non-existent game > idea guy's pipedream
>>
>>6855084
>1 good, well written game with meaningful choices > 100 badly written games with fake choices
That wasn't what her asked. Name one game with spaghetti branching like you want.
>>
>>6855081
Mood doesn't work like that. It's effectively a stand-in for mana in the magic start. Almost every event uses % increase and decreases, so your actual mood total doesn't matter a whole lot.
>>
>>6855090
If you can't make it good, don't make it, you're wasting your time.
>>
>>6854760
If you had her assigned to a job and then refilled that job slot after she left, she will be bugged out and invisible in her old job slot.
>>
>>6855108

Yeah, because professionals in corporations get paid to not make things.
>>
>>6855108
Heavy true branching doesn't necessarily result in a good game though, that's what you can't seem to get through your thick skull. In fact, I've never seen it actually result in a finished game. You don't seem to have any idea of what's viable or not when it comes to game development.
>>
>>6855015
>actual pornography
0kb, I don't save that shit
>lewd games
7.25 gigs
>>
File: 1429508642481.png (675 KB, 744x1052) Image search: [Google]
1429508642481.png
675 KB, 744x1052
>>6855130
Anybody can release a bad game, completing it doesn't make you special. If you make games as a hobby I don't see why you'd ever settle for less. This argument is stupid and I'm not even the first guy you replied to.
>>
File: xxoom-385061-Beatrix_in_dungeon.png (977 KB, 1143x800) Image search: [Google]
xxoom-385061-Beatrix_in_dungeon.png
977 KB, 1143x800
>>6855140
>Anybody can release a bad game
No, even bad games takes effort and time which most people won't invest in them. Creating good games mean that you have to be efficient with your time spent working so you can polish your work into something good. Good games need good foundations and a part of that foundation is to limit the game in scope into something manageable.
>settle for less
Isn't that exactly what you do when you write a mirrion paths and never finish any of them? This is precisely the reason why so many CYOAs suck, they're unfinished messes.
>>
>>6855090
>it's about getting shit done and not leaving the project in an unfinished early state
I am not him, and I have not tallied up the list of unfinished games on TFgamessite, but you can't look at TFgamessite and say that with a straight face.

The majority of "games" on that site are railroaded, despite offering "fake choices". No matter what choices you pick, it only determines how hard you get raped, rather than if you get raped at all.

Simultaneously, the majority of games on TFgamessite are extremely unfinished. The only games that are either complete, or have significant content, are the "games" (Yes Mr Brown, Whorelocke's Revenge, The Girly Gauntlet) that offer little choice and are more like books or CYOAs, and the games that offer much choice (Night Games, Flexible Survival, The Lilith Device).

It seems more like a game being finished or at least expanded upon depends almost entirely on the developer's motivation (though I will admit that efficient and good planning will help a great deal). For example, BedlamGames is bad at planning (and apparently coding too, IIRC), but he really likes to develop his games, so he puts in enough time developing them that they have lots of content anyways.
>>
>>6855150
>offer much choice
I'm not sure if I've played the others but isn't Flexible Survival just an open world type of game? That's systemic choice, not narrative choice. That's also the kind of choice you have in FC, it provides you freedom through mechanics. That sort of thing is much cheaper and not at all what I meant by branching.
>>
>>6855132
IS that it? 7.25 gigs is what I have on my non-removable. My removable has at least 150 gigs of lewd games. Maybe 40 gigs of porn. I was initially going to try to fill my 3TB removable with either porn or lewd games, then realized I'd just hold a bunch of shit in a box. So I just save the ones I like, delete the ones that suck, and pray/hope/beg for new decent ones to arrive. My next goal is to fill up a 3TB removable drive with lewd text-based games. Sadly, I may die before that goal is ever completed.

>>6855140
This. Absolutely this. Even if that shit takes a few years of you writing and coding, then taking two week vacations, then hitting the writing and coding (and whatever art) hard, don't ever settle for less than your absolute perfect version of your idea. Don't fizzle out and be a bitch about it. And especially don't go the patreon 'pay me to not do shit' route. And don't alienate your original fanbase by locking them out of your complete full game, instead serving them up a self-admitted hack job of an edited version that lacks the features that make it a game so that your new patreon fanbase feels special.

Not ranting or jaded in the slightest, am I?
>>
>>6853817
>CoC is about sex
Is that why you spend the majority of the time grinding stats?
>>
>>6855164

>Anybody still playing CoC who doesn't use the Save Editor
>>
>>6855162
>don't ever settle for less than your absolute perfect version of your idea.
Fuck you, idea guy. Compromise is the key to success in game development.
>And especially don't go the patreon 'pay me to not do shit' route.
So why do you think you are entitled to the fruits of their labour? Are you a nigger or a commie? I find it especially hilarious since you just said they should slave away on the perfect game for years in their spare time and now you're saying you that they are assholes if they don't give away the resulting game to you for free?
>>
Does TiTs have a save modifier like CoC did? Probably the only way I'd play it at this point in time.
>>
>>6855176
Fuck you idea-less guy. Compromise is the key to success in large-scale game development companies, not indie style CYOA style text games.

It would be different if the 'developer' started off with a patreon and never released a game for free, than it is when they release a few games for free, thus alienating their initial fanbase. Do I have to choose between being a nigger or a commie for my way of thinking? Can't I be both? I don't feel entitled to the fruits of their labor, especially not if they truly do work away for years on their version of their perfect game in their spare time. That, I would actually purchase. Now, if they do the patreon thing, AND slave away, AND still release it for free, I don't find that alienating their fanbase. That would be the ideal for me, since they'd get paid for their work, actually do the work, and still not alienate their initial fanbase. As for those patreon rewards? One could do something good for them and not alienate their fanbase from when they were releasing their games complete and free. But to go the patreon route and not do shit is bullshit. I won't name any names on that one, but it has been done. Going the patreon route and locking out your initial fanbase from being able to play your game? That is alienating your fanbase. It's a dick move, and once done you never really gain that fanbase back.

TL;DR: Patreon is bullshit if you lock out your fanbase from receiving the full, complete game, or if you just rake in the cash and not actually work on the game. I am both a nigger and a commie. Compromising between quality and making a quick buck is bullshit.
>>
>>6855189
Using .minerva is the thing that everyone always suggests. Requesting a save editor gets you yelled at. Actually having a save editor for TiTs that works with the current version WELL is a different story. Editing the shit in minerva isn't all that hard though, just find the body part/attribute you wish to edit, and then change the numbers. Just don't make your cock too huge or you never get to use it on anybody but gel girls. Funny, because all the herm/futa chicks in the game have massive cocks and will stick it into your ass no matter how badly that shit would rip your character in half. Double standards. *sigh*
>>
>>6854646
just do what the other generals do, you have a master locked google doc, then you have a secondary google doc where people can submit any changes
>>
>>6855189

If you type 'furfag' without quotes into the game after the tutorial it gives you unlimited item use which is pretty close.
>>
>>6855162
>is that it?
Such is life with a download allowance. I had to choose between downloading skyrim or the sims 4 for my nonlewd game to repurpose for lewd this month. Chose skyrim and haven't actually done any lewd on it.
>>
>>6855207
>I am both a nigger and a commie.
Okay.
>>
>qsp may have contained a trojan
>absolutely no word about a fix for it

epic
>>
How do you get virility rating in CoC and what does it do?
>>
>>6855260
No, they were talking about the link to download the QSP player, not the game file.
>>
>>6855266

That is literally what I said. QSP Player is like saying ATM machine you dunce.

Regardless they offered no form of detection/removal
>>
>>6855267
>Regardless they offered no form of detection/removal

... Yeah, because they're a community of casual game developers, not a crack team from AVG/Kapersky/whateversecurity. For someone so keen on picking out errors on others, you sure don't seem too bright. Be a big boy and scan it yourself using one of many free available scanning services.

And IIRC, they said one guy claimed Windows Defender said it was a Trojan. It wasn't verified independently using multiple scanners.
>>
>>6855267
>He wants an anti-virus solution from a bunch of internet game devs who have no system security expertise.

also

>He wants an anti-virus solution from the same people that gave him the possible virus (assuming there is one)

If that's the case, I have a bunch of internet explorer toolbars and chat smiley add-ons I'm willing to sell you. Just post your credit card number here. Dunce.
>>
What are some games where you play as a sub?
Preferably something with TG/Trap/Crossdressing/Sissy content.
>>
>>6855279
literally anything on tfgamessite
>>
>You have a humanoid shape with the usual torso, arms, hands, and fingers. You have wide thighs that would be much more noticeable if you weren’t so wide-bodied, and your large backside fills out your clothing nicely. Two normal human legs grow down from your waist, ending in normal human feet.
What item do you use to stop being wide-bodied?
>>
File: guiltyhell.png (2 MB, 1554x808) Image search: [Google]
guiltyhell.png
2 MB, 1554x808
Hey, does anyone have the enty (Japanese patreon thing) version of Guilty Hell? It's apparently most of a complete game and it looks really good.
Blog here: http://chairi.blog.fc2.com/

A lot of people on ulmf seem to have it but they don't share shit anymore since they don't want to hurt the feelings of all their special snowflake shilling western devs.

Anyway, was going to buy and share but apparently enty stopped taking paypal as of about five days ago. Anyone have it or able to get it?
>>
>>6853600
Thought that was in the Flash version. From my understanding, he's remade it in a different engine and doesn't have the same stuff as the original.
>>
Free Cities is one of the most talked about games in these threads, yet his Patreon makes hardly anything compared to other games like CoC or Breeding Seasons. How come?

freecitiesdev has a patreon
>>
>>6855301
because he hasn't sold his soul for furrybux
yet
>>
>>6855301
It's a tip jar he doesn't it to turn his game into a profitable business because he consider his work to be personal fun before fan service.
>>
File: 1446902965933.jpg (463 KB, 864x864) Image search: [Google]
1446902965933.jpg
463 KB, 864x864
Does anyone have a download of the latest version of Malise and the Machine? I'm hooked on the demo but too poor to afford the full version
>>
>>6855080
That Shadow the Hedgehog game on PS2. It wasn't super complex, but it did show you the paths.
>>
>>6855308
dig around aco weg thread archive you should find it.
>>
>>6855301
>How come?
The latest full version is free. People always take what they can for free. If he started to make patreon exclusive content he would make more money even if freeloaders would moan.
>>
>>6855301
One of the things free cities dev forgets about is that if you want the big bux you need to cater to the minority with the big bux.
furries, elf girls, animorphs, hermaphrodites, stuff like that
>>
>>6854864
Shut the fuck up CYOA cunt. Go fuckung kill yourself or some shit.

---

On a sweious note, did FC dev remove the chance of getting a prestigious slave at arcology generation or is the chance really low? I started playing during v6 and got a prestigious slave at arcology generation on my first run but it hasn't happened since.
>>
>>6855288
Exercise, check the wiki to figure out the most optimal way to slim down with minimal side affects.
>>
>>6855324
That game had six endings, and had terrible writing and an incredibly basic way of handling which path you are on.
I don't think you want to choose that game as your poster boy.
>>
>>6855265
Succubus' Dream and some other shit, makes you cum more without increasing the size of your balls.
>>
>>6855461
Ten regular endings branching off five final missions, plus a "secret" ending, actually. That said, I wasn't in that discussion, I just chimed in because the only specified conditions were "commercially released" and "spaghetti branching", which that game fulfills. Doesn't mean it's a good game, but exceptions, rules, yadda yadda.
>>
>>6854825
Because there's an entire board dedicated to those kinds of threads.
>>
>>6855505
Fair enough. I'm not sure if eleven endings counts as "spaghetti", but you still get a point on that.
>>
playing Girl Life and can't go to the birthday party with anya, she never shows up so I fail the event.
what's going on?
>>
>>6855041
Monster Girl Quest is probably the best example of well balanced smut and entertainment in its combat.
>>
>>6855505
I thought "good game" was also a condition?
>>
File: 354_2.jpg (44 KB, 321x563) Image search: [Google]
354_2.jpg
44 KB, 321x563
>>6855670
>>6855080
>Name me one commercially released game with spaghetti branching.
>>
>>6855682
Alpha Protocol, and a what a brilliant goddamn mess it was.
>>
Doesn't naming a game with spaghetti branching that sucked bot not naming a good one kind of not help the point that was originaly being made? It's kind of looking like heavy branching doesn't make a great game.
>>
>>6855685
The first thing that came to mind was "Robotic Korra"
I wish this was a thing.
>>
>>6855189
There's a guy working on one right now. If you go to the forums on Fen's website, you'll see it under the TiTS category.
Note: It's only on like 0.7 right now. But it is getting done.
>>
>>6855296

huh, i swear it was always in the executable version...
do you know if there's anywhere one can find the flash version?
>>
>>6854334
FC, No Haven, Repure Aria creator's blog, some other RAGS games (hypnopics stuff), Night Games, I do check some other things from time to time, for example TiTS blog hoping one day fenoxo will actually make it good and not just pandering to oversized-dick futa furries (I know, but let me dream).
>>
>>6853499

So I used to be awesome at Game Maker a while ago, but am a hopeless sprite artist.
If an artist wanted to collaborate on a part time project with me, I could more than likely make some sort of sidescrolling /d/ game.
If I could sprite, I'd do it myself but
>>
>>6855736
If you plan to just make another sidescrolling RoR, we're oversaturated with this crap and some artist can just make H sprite animations and we'll be happy. If you really want to make something decent, go for something more ambitious like taking "just sidescroller" to the level of an actual metroidvania.
>>
>>6855737

What exactly do you mean by RoR? Google is telling me about trucks and that doesn't seem relevant.

Making something along the lines of a metroidvania would definitely complicate it but it is certainly possible. I thoroughly enjoyed Lab: Still Alive and something similar to that is definitely not beyond my skill set if I were to put a bit of effort into it.
>>
>>6855740
Risk of Rain, I assume.
>>
>>6855746

So basically don't make it painfully linear?
>>
>>6855749
Don't make it painfully generic, I believe.
>>
File: witchgirl.jpg (170 KB, 946x686) Image search: [Google]
witchgirl.jpg
170 KB, 946x686
>>6855740
I think he means Rape or Run, like Koooonsoft games.
>>
>>6855303

Very unlikely. He's into anal, big tits, and bimbos, and the main reason for making the game is because of his own amusement.
>>
>>6855766

Oh, where you just dodge enemies? Nah fuck that, that's boring.
>>
>>6855279
Yes Mr. Brown seems up your alley.

[Trigger warning for pol] because they tend to get triggered over stuff as easily as tumblr nowadays.
>>
>>6855847
desu it has prety terrible pacing.
>>
>>6855346
Starting slaves got nerfed so that their total value is between 5k and 25k (not exactly sure but that sounds right.)
>>
>>6855869
>been rerolling arcologies for no good reason

Fuck.

Also, nice picture. When can we jack our Head Girl up on psilocybine capsules and MDMA crystals for a nice evening of ~devotion has increased~?
>>
>>6855301
damn, he really doesn't make shit
>>
>>6855048
>MB
>Megabytes
Jesus christ, what are they, in 4K?
>>
>>6855996
gifs are really ineficient when it comes to memory usage.
>>
>>6856004
They also don't work properly in the actual game.
>>
>>6856013
That's a technical limitation of the player. The newly released 0.5.1 should fix those. There's also a stripped 122MB image pack with gifs reduced to just the first frame for those who don't want a huge download.
>>
>>6856022
Is it still 2dpd shit?
When will they make an animes bundle?
>>
>>6856022
I already have the image pack downloaded, as long as I don't need a complete new one I'm fine.
>>
>>6856025
>animes
>>
>>6856022
>>6856027
Sorry, I goofed. The 122MB download is the stripped update for those who are upgrading from 0.5.0.*. If you want the broken gifs fixed (the ones with white noise), you'll need to download the 1.3GB "Gifs only" update pack. Otherwise I'm pretty sure no new gifs were added in this release.

New players looking for the smallest download want the 1GB stripped core pack. I'm saying "want" instead of "need" because technically images and sound are optional. You can play through the whole game without them.
>>
>>6854832
Journey Through Izildia dev here.
If I ever make another porn game, it will probably have CYOA elements.
>>
Wasn't there a Girl Life dev in the thread? If so, can you give individual links to the different image packs? Downloading through your browser on Mega always downloads onto your C drive before moving it to wherever you actually want the file, which is pointlessly wearing down my SSD.
If the links were for the individual packs I could download them with MegaSync instead.
Thanks.
>>
>>6856043
I'm not the guy who's in charge of image pack management, so I really can't help with that specifically.

But if you're worried about caching and temp files wearing down your C: drive, you know you can simply direct most OSes to change the default temp files folder (in your case, to one hosted not on the C: drive).
>>
>>6856050
I have already done that. Mega doesn't use TMP to store the files temporarily.
>>
>>6856052
Note that there's also a torrent file in the Mega directory that you can use instead.
>>
>>6856052
It should be limited by what your browser uses for temporary file storage, though. It's not as if websites can just access any directory they want on the entire drive, otherwise your PC would be trojan-riddled by this point.
>>
>>6856055
I know, and I have set Opera to use TMP as its cache.
Mega does not follow that. In order to download large files from Mega, you need to give it permission to store files on your computer. Smaller files are stored in RAM until they're done, but that wouldn't work for some people if it's a large file so they just store it on the C drive.
This is a common issue with Mega and the only real complaint with the service. Mega devs have even acknowledged it, but they just hand-waved it away by saying that using TMP would be "insecure" so they do it their way instead.
>>
>>6855685
>Alpha Protocol
This game was basically unfinished.
>>6855324
>That Shadow the Hedgehog game on PS2
I can't comment on that since I've never played it. Did it actually have true heavy branching which gave you vastly different content with every choice or did it just have many endings?
>>
yo where the fc at
>>
>>6856063
In your heart all along.
>>
>>6856061
>basically unfinished

Quite rushed, sure, but to dismiss it outright on account of that is a mistake. It was close enough to finished to be released, and while it had bugs and certain problems, it wasn't quite lacking enough to make it unenjoyable.
>>
>>6855159
>That's systemic choice, not narrative choice...That sort of thing is much cheaper and not at all what I meant by branching.
Ah, I misunderstood then. Apologies.
>>
>>6856061
>Did it actually have true heavy branching which gave you vastly different content with every choice or did it just have many endings?
Neither. It was just possible to jump from path to path because of the way that the mission system worked, with a total of eleven endings possible.
>>
>>6854334
>No Haven
I remember I played that like half a year ago, v0.3 or so, how far has it come since?
>>
>>6855892
Never. FCdev is very prudish about hallucinatory drugs. Which is really weird because he is a huge fan of hormone/growth hormone/aphrodisiac-abuse so it's not drugs in general, or even mind-altering substances that he dislikes, it's specifically recreational drugs.
>>
>>6856077
lol
>>
>>6856072
The game was almost unplayable. But I liked the choices and consequences, it was very intricate with lots of things influencing your playthrough. The reactivity was also both mechanical (the systemised relationship mechanics) and in the form of narrative.
>>
>>6856087
Let me in on the joke.
>>
>>6856097
He updates like once every half-year. Which is to say almost never. And promised a new version, like, a month ago? Since then one anon has been spamming "NO HAVEN UPDATE WHEN" on a daily basis.
>>
File: 36141447_big_p4.jpg (338 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
36141447_big_p4.jpg
338 KB, 600x800
>>6856083
I'm actively turned off by non-deviant/fantasy drugs so I'm pretty much glad this is the current case. Along with real viruses opposed to transformative viruses ala dick growth/feminization or some shit. It's simply a lot better the more dissonance you get from reality, though that doesn't account for much to FCdev since it's still 'partially' realistic.

Reminder you can back-trace pixiv IDs to the original.
>>
>>6856105
The lesson, as always, is "underpromise and overdeliver." Otherwise ungrateful assholes will keep grumbling.
>>
>>6856114
Overhyping makes a certain short-term financial sense if you're selling a game, since people who preorder have a 100% purchase rate, but people who wait until after reviews come out (or post-launch bugs are discovered) may have a less than 100% purchase rate.

But for free games, the opposite is usually true.
>>
>>6856105
That's too bad. Hopefully we'll see a new version soon though.
>>
>>6856116
>people who already bought a game buy the game 100 % of the time
Really? You don't say...
>>
>>6855293
>http://chairi.blog.fc2.com/
This shit looks good, I second a request for links.
>>
>>6855041
>>6855662
Yeah, Monster Girl Quest is honestly my favorite titty game, still trying to 100% it.

Sengoku Rance is my close second.

Both have a massive amount of smut as well as good gameplay and good combat systems
>>
>>6855015
I don't save any actual porn, just titty games and visual novels. 50gb is what my folder has in it
>>
>>6856125
>Sengoku Rance
It would be a better game without the porn desu
>>
>>6856158
You're not completely wrong, when I want to replay, having to skip through all the porn is minorly annoying, I'd rather just have an option for it to not exist
>>
File: poor slavanon.png (59 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
poor slavanon.png
59 KB, 800x500
>strive for power is also the name of an ancient MMORPG
Maverik isn't at risk of being C&D'd is his?
>>
>>6856125
>>6856158
If you guys liked Sengoku Rance you might enjoy Eiyuu Senki.

There is now a patch for the English PC version (which also readds extra content of the worksafe PS3/PSVita versions) if you don't own a console.

Only the PC version has porn but it also has the advantadge of running on most toasters.
>>
>>6856176
That looks just as fan made as the current strive for power
>>
>>6856190
Any new things added yet?
I have the 1.3.3 version but I still haven't played it yet.
>>
>>6856092
Alpha Protocol was one of the few games I've played twice. It needed some more polish but the bones were amazing.
>>
>>6856190
>There is now a patch for the English PC version
Don't even bother, it was trash, Eiyuu*Senki GOLD is the only one worth playing and it's not in English.
>>
any /d/ games on android?
>>
>>6856297
The answer still hasn't changed: Literally anything made in Twine.
>>
Does FC slow down late game due to browser limitations or spaghetti code?
>>
>>6856307
Spaghetti code. Also, he's bending Twine to do things that it's not meant to do, which definitely doesn't help the performance.
>>
>>6856307
Week 200 with 10 slaves and it was still fine or me.
>>
>>6856307
Mostly spaghetti code and limitations of the twine engine itself. Most of the stuff that causes lag could be done way more efficiently in pure javascript.
>>
>>6856310
Do you have slaves in the brothel/milker...?
>>
File: fuck you zxc.jpg (59 KB, 1000x707) Image search: [Google]
fuck you zxc.jpg
59 KB, 1000x707
>>6853763
>>6854074
>first hearing about this
>check his patreon
>$5 per month to play his game that will undoubtedly update at a snail's pace for the next 2-3 years
>"oh well, at least I can check the art out on his pixiv"
>bunch of image that are galleries
>check one
>see this
Whereas before I was considering dropping 5bux for one month to download a version, I now want nothing to do with him. What an excellent business strategy he's concocted here.
>>
>>6856353
Patreon is garbage. If someone uses it then 90% of the time it's a scam.
>>
>>6856359
Do you have a better suggestion for creators to monetize their product without going full Jew mode?
>>
>>6856361
Paypal donate button.
Same, but with buttcoins, if you're into the great scam that is cryptocurrency.
>>
>>6856365
>>6856361
>>6856359
Or they could, you know, do what patreon SHOULD be for and simply act as a monthly donation, with no exclusive content. You're supposed to be donating, not buying shit.

A patron is someone who throws free money at an artist simply because they like what it is that they're doing and want to see more of it. It shouldn't act as a content gate for those who don't want to pay, just as a source of income for the artists. Ideally, patreon wouldn't have provided artists with the means of gating content.
>>
>>6856365
I think the FC tip jar proves that this method makes significantly less.
>>
>>6856368
Too bad, Patreon carries too much stigma now.
>>
>>6856368
How do you feel about the Patreons that keep nonpatrons one development cycle behind?
>>
>>6856369
There's an actual data on that? I'd like to see it.
>>
>>6856371
There's so much porn on the internet that usually I don't notice, though if it's the first of many planned updates and they don't keep to the schedule, it's incredibly noticeable.

I can't remember if it's trinity-fate or jaykuma who release art to the public a month after it shows up on their patreon, but that system seems totally fine to me. You only notice the dearth of content initially. After a month or two it just seems normal again.

I'm also fine with the idea of small, buggy, incremental updates being released only to patrons, while the more fully featured major releases are released to the public. Again, though, this all hinges on the artist or developer in question having the wisdom and punctuality to keep to a schedule. If minor updates are all that's released for 6 months, keeping the public version drastically out of date in the hopes of raking in more patrons, they can go fuck themselves with a rake.
>>
>>6854074
>no idea what the "game" even looks like
>give money please
L O L
>>
>>6856371

Small windows of exclusivity like a day or a week seem okay, y'know, as an incentive for say, people who donate over so much money, but like full "one version behind" schemes seem like a crappy and painful way to go about it.

I mean, isn't that asking for a shitload of bug reports you've already fixed, at the least? Plus, with non-definite releases, you can bilk your patrons by just having a shitty section of development and don't release anything for them either during the period, what they're "paying for" doesn't matter.
>>
>>6854334
No Haven and the Captured Dreams update from skyrim are literally it.
>>
Patreon killed the western smut game scene
It unleashed a tide of shit made only to con horny idiots out of money.

Hell, I don't even like FC, but I'll support his game verbally just to show support for what appears to be the only smut game write with an iota of integrity.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 54

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.