[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thunderbirds are Go
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6
File: TBAG comparison.jpg (160 KB, 1064x417) Image search: [Google]
TBAG comparison.jpg
160 KB, 1064x417
While we're still waiting for Season 2, how did you like it?

Personally I feel it had its heart in the right place but was ultimately let down by the short episode length, robbing it of a lot of the pacing that made the original so good.
Also I'm really glad they kept Shadow out of the spotlight until the very end. It was neat, but I was worried they'd overuse it.
10/10 on the voices though, and props for having Sylvia show up for an episode, even if it was something of a trash episode as a whole.
>>
>>82381233
I loved it. Loved it from top to bottom. Sure, the episode length harmed it quite a bit and there were one or two bad eps, but I loved how it kept the heart of what made Thunderbirds great. It's still very much a show about rescuing people and getting shit done with zero angst and one hundred percent resilience. I just love it to bits.
>>
>>82382845
Certainly the best thing to happen to Thunderbirds since the original series.

New personalities VS old ones, I like most of the new ones better. Except Parker and Penelope.
>>
File: Thunderbirds Are Go 02.jpg (190 KB, 830x962) Image search: [Google]
Thunderbirds Are Go 02.jpg
190 KB, 830x962
>>82382928
I'm honestly surprised by how much I liked the new personalities, and I think the secret is that they didn't make them bickering children or angsty teens or anything. Sure, they had their squabbles and their hangups, but when it was time to get shit done you could see how much they all trusted and relied on each other. After years and years of dysfunctional superhero teams with token teamwork moments spread across an undercurrent of distrust, it felt great to have an actual team of people who genuinely blindly trust in each other's skills and determination.
That, coupled with the constant Never Give Up/Try Something Else attitude of the Tracys made it a beautifully positive series. Because it wasn't just the usual shouty affirmations of "WE CAN DO THIS! NO-ONE DIES TODAY!" or what have you. When a plan failed, you could see the Tracys immediately spring into action to come up with a new solution, without wasting any time trying to pump themselves up or keep their spirits high or anything. They're problem-solvers who focus on the solution, not the problem. And who never ever lose that focus.
The Fireflash episode is a beautiful example of it. Kayo trying to give a heartfelt speech of gratitude and brotherhood and the Tracys very respectfully telling her "What? No, fuck that, we're getting you out one way or another" was beautiful.
>>
File: Tracy Island sunset.gif (1 MB, 540x304) Image search: [Google]
Tracy Island sunset.gif
1 MB, 540x304
>>82382845
Yeah, it's fantastic. Shame that they haven't added an extra 10 minutes or so, but they do some two parters to make up for it.
>>82382928
Well, I liked his characterisation in The Hexpert. Although I do like said episode for being somewhat slower paced.
>>
>>82381233
I am glad this eye candy is getting a second season. May even try and buy some models or toys.
>>
>>82384525
It's also just got a third commissioned as well.
Also, the diecast stuff is pretty cheap and decent. I've got a TBS one for £6-7.
>>
>>82384525
>>82384650
Ugh, I'd fucking love to get me some of those new toys. I still have a few Matchbox ones from the 90s, but the moment I saw the new Tracy Island playset my inner six year old went ballistic.
Speaking of ballistic, not gonna lie: I may have teared up a little at the very first episode, during this scene. It was such a perfect moment.
>>
>>82385112
Same here
I was watching it with my little brother abs it got me hooked it was glorious
>>
File: Thunderbids - Reboot 2.gif (901 KB, 500x280) Image search: [Google]
Thunderbids - Reboot 2.gif
901 KB, 500x280
>>82385542
Sweet! Did your bro like it? I love the idea of younger generations getting into it.
I just love that the very first rescue in the series is a guy and his son in a balloon. They sent the largest (not counting Five) Thunderbird they got into a giant storm to rescue two people in a balloon, and that to me is International Rescue in a nutshell. There's no disaster too small, no acceptable losses, no turning their backs on anyone. And the show tells you all that in its first two minutes.
Plus, y'know, it's fucking Thunderbird 2.
>>
Never watched Thunderbirds, but a pink 6 wheeled Rolls-Royce armed with weapons sounds cool
>>
>>82386138
Also: it flies.
>>
It's F.A.B.
Watching the first episode, hearing the countdown again after so many years and just opening a floodgate of old memories, it made me tear up a little. Still gives me a shiver just thinking about it.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.