[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so Frank Cho had a interview with Bleeding Cool, and his exc
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 231
Thread images: 42
File: PayneGhostDog.jpg (656 KB, 1684x1169) Image search: [Google]
PayneGhostDog.jpg
656 KB, 1684x1169
so Frank Cho had a interview with Bleeding Cool, and his exclusive contract with Marvel is now done
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/05/03/talking-to-frank-cho-man-of-outrage-about-attracting-women-comics-entertainment-wonder-woman/

For those not willing to click the link and refuse to give Bleeding Cool any traffic I will be posting the interview following this first post
>>
>>82449998
Come on DC, hire him! Hetero males need Cho!
>>
File: Frank Cho.jpg (204 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Frank Cho.jpg
204 KB, 1920x1080
>BC: It’s official. After 14 years at Marvel, you’re no longer an exclusive Marvel creator?

>CHO: Yes. My exclusive Marvel contract expired after I turned in my final page for Totally Awesome Hulk #4. It has been a great experience playing with Marvel toys over the years. I’m forever grateful to all my editors, writers, colorists who let me be part of many fantastic books at Marvel – especially Axel Alonso, who took a big chance on me, an unknown syndicated newspaper cartoonist, when he recruited me all those years ago and shepherded me along the way. Also, let me give a big shout out to my friend Scott Sava, who connected me with Axel in the first place.

>BC: Any regrets or characters that you wanted to work on at Marvel but didn’t get the chance during your time at Marvel?

>CHO: Not really. I pretty much worked on all the characters I wanted to work on. My only regret I can think of is that I wished I wrote more for Marvel. I was originally hired as an writer-artist but the editors viewed me and treated me as an “artist” only. I should have been more vocal about my desire to write more.

>BC: What are your plans now that you’re no longer a Marvel exclusive?

>CHO: I’m actually going to be busier now. I have couple of creator-owned books lined up. I’m currently writing and drawing Skybourne for Boom Studios. And World of Payne with my co-creator, Tom Sniegoski, for Flesk Publications. Both of these books will be out by fall. 2016 is definitely the year of creator-owned books for me.
>>
>>82450035
You do know he's doing Wonder Woman variants right?
>>
>BC: Can you tell us more about these projects?

>CHO: I don’t want to give too much away, but Skybourne is a cross between Highlander, Game of Death, and Cthulhu. It’s a 5 issue miniseries with sequels already roughly laid out. I wrote the Skybourne story about 10 years ago and I’ve been patiently waiting to tell it. I think BOOM will start promoting it soon.

>World of Payne is a cross between Sherlock Holmes and Harry Potter with a dash of Hellblazer. I had a half-baked idea for awhile and asked my buddy Tom Sniegoski to help me with it. Tom, who is a New York Times bestseller novelist, took my half-baked idea and turned it into a fully realized universe. Tom is a freakin’ mind beast is all I can say about that amazing guy. World of Payne will be a new hybrid book. It’s going to be part prose novel and part comic book. I’m very excited for this project since Tom and I have put so much work into it. The first book is called World of Payne: Ghost Dog, which sets everything up and get the ball rolling. Tom and I are partnering with Flesk Publications to kickstart it in few months.

>BC: Anything for DC Comics?

>CHO: Yup. You noticed the Diamond solicitations, I’m the new Wonder Woman cover artist for them. I’ll be doing the next 24 Wonder Woman variant covers. Nei Ruffino, the colorist on my covers, is simply knocking it out of the park with her fabulous color work.

>BC: Wonder Woman sounds like your perfect choice.

>CHO: Wonder Woman is definitely a perfect match for my artistic sensibilities.
>>
>>82450058
Now I know. Yay!
>>
File: I don't like it.jpg (36 KB, 493x355) Image search: [Google]
I don't like it.jpg
36 KB, 493x355
>>82450076
>Wonder Woman is definitely a perfect match for my artistic sensibilities.
>but we get that sjw Rucka again
>>
I never registered he was Marvel exclusive for so long
>>
File: Skybourne001019-600x910.jpg (159 KB, 600x910) Image search: [Google]
Skybourne001019-600x910.jpg
159 KB, 600x910
>BC: There has been plenty of social media criticism of this. You’re painted as the worst choice for the series – embodying all that is sexist and skeevy about comic books. Is it possible your covers will put women off the comic, or simply send a wrong message about the book?

>As a life-long liberal Democrat and advocate for free speech and equal rights, it fascinates me to see when ultra-liberals become ultra-conservatives where they see injustices everywhere and cease to see reason, and start oppressing people who they disagree with. Thanks to the social media, we have entered into a dangerous era of Salem witch trials where no one is safe. Everything is being attacked everywhere in this hypersensitive atmosphere: The movie Grease (Sexualizes teenagers), Road Runner cartoons (Violence against animals), Game of Thrones. (Promotes rape and injustices against women.) The list goes on.

>I have a huge female fan base. They are absolutely wonderful and they don’t share the hateful political views of Mary Sue and Comic Alliance sites. If you look at the various message board postings, you’ll see multitudes of positive notes of support for me and my art, especially for my Wonder Woman cover project. Let’s face it, I was built to draw Wonder Woman. I’m a huge Lynda Carter fan. I fell in love with her when I first saw her Wonder Woman TV show as a kid. In many ways, Lynda Carter is still the main source of inspiration when I draw women.

>It’s very intimidating following Adam Hughes, Brian Bolland, Dave Finch and other great Wonder Woman artists before me. I’m just super excited right now that I’m drawing her. I have so much love and respect for this character and her potential. My aim is to make Wonder Woman look powerful and beautiful, let everyone see why she’s a true superhero icon. And I hope I don’t let my fans and Wonder Woman fans down.
>>
>>82450107
I think the irony alone might get me to buy them all.
>>
File: FrankChoNudeOutrage-600x574.jpg (61 KB, 600x574) Image search: [Google]
FrankChoNudeOutrage-600x574.jpg
61 KB, 600x574
>BC: Any plans of doing interiors for Wonder Woman?

>CHO: I do have a Wonder Woman story in mind that I want to write and draw. But that’s way down the road. Right now, I’m going to focus on finishing and launching my creator-owned projects.

>BC: You’ve been a centre of controversies in recent years, criticized by everyone from Robert Rodriguez to The Mary Sue site over your drawing of Spider-Gwen and last week Cammy: Street Fighter in that infamous Manara’s Spider-Woman pose.

>CHO: Yes. I’m still surprised and amused at the outrage over nothing. I’ve been a professional writer-artist for 19 years and I’ve never had any major problem until 2 years ago when some comic “journalist” decided to single me out and tried to scapegoat me into censorship over a drawing of a pretty woman requested by a fan.

>BC: Have these scandals hurt you in any way?

>CHO: Oh, god no. Quite the opposite. It blew me up into the stratosphere. The traffic on my webpages have tripled, interest and awareness of my art have gone way up beyond the normal comic community, and people treat me like a rock star at shows. I’m getting more job offers than I can physically handle, and getting constantly invited as a guest to various comic conventions, domestic and foreign.
>>
File: LMSunday01COVcolored-600x557.jpg (79 KB, 600x557) Image search: [Google]
LMSunday01COVcolored-600x557.jpg
79 KB, 600x557
>BC: So you’re not bothered by all the personal attacks online?

>CHO: Naw. I actually enjoyed them. It spotlights the hypocrisy, unrealistic views and the victim mentality of these people. In my case, these critics of mine like most extremists and religious types, advocate mind control and censorship. They simply want to control what other people can and can not see. It’s similar to what the Republican party does to the LGBT community. They bully and shame people into what they should like or don’t like.

>I’m simply fascinated by how these few critics came riding in on their high horse and tried to paint me into a monster. In their eyes, I went from an artist who writes and draws strong independent female characters to a morally bankrupt pervert overnight simply because I drew a comic book character for a fan that they found offensive. It’s scary if you think about how much power the social media have given to these fringe voices.

>The comic book market is a vast and bountiful table. There’s a place for everyone. One group, because they don’t like something, should not dictate what others can see and enjoy. That’s simply wrong. If they don’t like something, then don’t look at it or buy it. As matter of fact, they should take all that hateful energy and create comics they want to read and art they want to see. Again, there’s a room for everyone at the comic table.
>>
>>82450195
>>82450043
>all this work slutting it up to be on camera during an interview
>cant buy a bra that fits
>>
>>82450195
Based Cho.
>>
File: CDNYkDXUEAAzPnN.jpg (141 KB, 600x926) Image search: [Google]
CDNYkDXUEAAzPnN.jpg
141 KB, 600x926
>BC: Lastly, I’m sure many long time loyal fans are wondering about Liberty Meadows? Are you going to bring that back?

>CHO: I’m trying. I got my rights back from Sony several years ago at this point. My producer friend, Mike Polis, is talking with Netflix, WETA and other entertainment studios. But these things take time. As for the Liberty Meadows comic book, it’s on my “To Do” pile for awhile longer until I get Skybourne and World of Payne out of the way. Like I said, 2016 is going to be an exciting and interesting year for me.

>Certainly looks like I’ll continue to have plenty to write about….

This ends the interview
>>
File: 48.jpg (17 KB, 263x286) Image search: [Google]
48.jpg
17 KB, 263x286
>>82450122
>life-long liberal Democrat and advocate for free speech and equal rights
>worked for a Disney company
>>
>>82450195
>take all that hateful energy and create comics they want to read and art they want to see
Everybody take a moment out of your day and let Cho teach you how to be a better person.
This right here.
>>
Frank Cho?
More like Frank BRO.
>>
>>82450308
That's because Cho is based. He knows that the people attacking him need to be made examples of and so he chooses to not back down and literally even tells them how it's gonna be
>>
>>82450225
Disney is the most liberal of the ultra-conglomerates that own everything.

They sponsor those gay days and treat domestic partners the same as spouses in their employee benefits.

Like, Ike Perlmutter is the only guy there who seems to be a neo-con, and he's only on the board because when they bought Marvel he took his payment in stocks.
>>
>>82450449
>Disney
>the most liberal
It must be, if they hire any retard to advertise the company in 4chan.
>>
>>82450035
as if DC needs even more bad PR by hiring a misogynist that is only famous for "trolling" SJW online
>>
>calls the faux-liberals, witch hunters and censorship loving totalitarians out on what they are
Based as fuck
>>
>>82450043
WHO IS THAT BIMBO IN YELLOW ?
>>
>>82450510
>hiring a misogynist that is only famous for "trolling" SJW online

Shit it HAS been a long time since Liberty Meadows was running, huh?

Because Cho isn't famous for trolling, he's famous for being a 'good girl' artist, and has been since the 90s.
>>
>>82450107
How is Rucka an SJW?
>>
>>82450122
>Dave Finch
>great Wonder Woman artist

and here I was excited for Cho's variants

dropped
>>
>>82450574
He loves writing STRONK INDEPENDENT WOMYN WHO NEED NO MANS
>>
>>82450223
>pic
I do!
>>
>>82449998
>frank cho

ugh, could you like, just, I mean can you just, like..... NOT??? I cant even right now ugh
>>
>>82450574
He treats female characters with respect, clearly that means he's a SJW.

My only complaint with him is that he can lose the nuance sometimes and he females can feel too similar.
>>
>>82450574
he writes women almost exclusively

this brands him as an SJW
>>
>>82450576
I think he was speaking in niceties for who have been on the book.
I mean I am not judging Cho for his personal preferences, I still like his art

>>82450607
The thread is already going anon
>>
I wish his stuff was more than that stupid Manara pose and actually funny. He can draw beautiful women but his sense of humor sucks. I agree with him a lot about not letting internet shit get to you but I wish he would show like he tried to understand the complaints instead of just brushing them aside.

>>82450561

The past 2 years he has blown up and gotten known as a troll dude. I mean one of his trademarks nowadays is OUTRAGE Gwen
>>
>>82450584
That's not SJW, that's just writing the same character archetype repeatedly. Sort of like artists and sameface syndrome.
>>
>>82450576
you don't shit-talk the person who's currently on the book
>>
>>82450646
>I wish he would show like he tried to understand the complaints instead of just brushing them aside
But the whole point is that he doesn't do that.
>>
>>82450607

Anon, your fag is showing. Please show some restrain while here. Thanks in advance.
>>
>>82450623
>>82450626
>boogeyman boogeyman
>>
>>82450646
>I wish his stuff was more than that stupid Manara pose and actually funny. He can draw beautiful women but his sense of humor sucks. I agree with him a lot about not letting internet shit get to you but I wish he would show like he tried to understand the complaints instead of just brushing them aside.
to be fair he does the Manara pose and "outrage" pics because fans are requesting and paying him for those. At least you can say he tries to appease his paying fans
>>
>>82450646
I don't think he's the one coming up with all the jokes though, aren't those commissioned covers?

I don't understand the people who post them here like they're hilarious when it's the same thing over and over again though.
>>
>>82450642
good thankfully mods will delete this hate crime against women soon if only we could delete him in real life too
>>
>>82450076
>BC: Wonder Woman sounds like your perfect choice.
>CHO: Wonder Woman is definitely a perfect match for my artistic sensibilities.
I would say Power Girl is even more perfect for Cho.
>>
>Cho will never draw Spider-Gwen interiors

: (
>>
>>82450793
Why would you want him to? Waste of talent
>>
File: 1370046611096.jpg (5 KB, 120x120) Image search: [Google]
1370046611096.jpg
5 KB, 120x120
>>82450195
Let's be frank about Frank. He likes kicking the beehive. Can DC handle that? They'll probably fire him within a couple months.
>>
>>82450646
>The past 2 years he has blown up and gotten known as a troll dude. I mean one of his trademarks nowadays is OUTRAGE Gwen

Yeah, I know, but it's not like he was farted out of Manara Spider-Woman's anus in a cloud of misogyny. He was already famous before that. I mean, hell, he was the artist they tapped when Bendis had Ultron turn Tony Stark into a sexy robot lady.
>>
>>82450155
dog bless cho
he's riding the wave all the way to success
>>
>>82450107
But Rucka's WW run is one of the best she's had.
>>
>>82450818
>He likes kicking the beehive. Can DC handle that?
Casual much?
>>
>>82450758
now I know this shit is bait

this entire thread has been pretty civil so far, deal with it. If it bothers you there are many other threads you can easily join instead and politely ignore this one
>>
>>82450861

Does DC fire any of it's controversial hires?
>>
>>82450818
They gave interior art duties on Batgirl to the guy who drew this, I really don't think they care
>>
>>82450155
>Robert Rodriguez
>not Robbi Rodriguez
Don't go confusing the man behind the Mariachi trilogy for the technicolor hipster with daddy issues who "created" Gwen Stacy, BC.
>>
>>82450853
No it's not. Stop this meme. Even Luke and Jimenez did a better job.

>>82450887
I don't think so.
>>
>>82450718
>>82450720

I don't know shit about commissions so I kinda assumed Cho had most control over what he drew. Or they were quick con sketches. sounds like i'm wrong tho

>>82450832

And Loeb got him to draw Marvel Ladies vs Rulk
>>
>>82450818
Really as long as Cho doesn't do a provocative variant then it's pretty much just a group of people saying "I don't want to buy Wonder Woman because he did dirty commissions". Tarr, Conner, Hughes, and tons of other artists do pin ups/cheesecake, and DC doesn't care if they work there.
And anything short of CP the big two probably doesn't care about unless the artist requests it be recalled.
>>
>>82450808
Because his Spider-Gwen is super cute.
>>
>>82450928

I think we're all over hyping things because she just had such a garbage run, and Rucka working for DC in general again is great, but he still had a strong run.
>>
>>82450946
commissions on blank variants generally aren't just quick con sketches

the person asking will say the character they want and the general pose, and Cho will then add whatever little details he feels like
>>
File: 6449.png (15 KB, 487x333) Image search: [Google]
6449.png
15 KB, 487x333
>>82450912
>you will never be an anally ravaged tumblr hambeast

feels fucking good mon frere
>>
>>82450946
>I don't know shit about commissions so I kinda assumed Cho had most control over what he drew. Or they were quick con sketches. sounds like i'm wrong tho
it's okay, I guess unless you go to cons you aren't aware of how it works.
Normally you pay the artist to draw something for you or you will buy a pre-prepared piece of work. This means the artist will ask if you want a particular pose or if they are allowed to come up with something on their own
>>
>>82450955
The crop that he shared of the first WW cover seems to be a kind of generic heroic pose, like maybe she'll have her foot up on a rock or something looking outward. I think Cho is smart enough to not push it too much.
>>
>>82450225
To be fare it wasn't a Disney company when he signed his contract.
>>
>>82450982
It was very disappointing after the unremarkable previous runs.
>>
liberty meadows sucked dick
>>
But but but Frank Cho is a minority! How dare anyone attack a beautiful oriental man like him!
>>
>>82450043
Is that his wife? If so Jesus Christ, Frank Cho must have a dick like a baby arm.
>>
>>82451227
Asians don't count for some reason.
>>
>>82451284
That's Ivy Doomkitty.
>>
>>82451302
They do when SJWs want them to, and they don't when it becomes a problem. They like to redraw the lines all the time.

Hell Comic Alliance's joke article, if you want to call it that, titles their the article
>Is Frank Cho The Last Champion Of Straight Men’s Boners In This Hellish Feminist Wasteland We Live In?

Clearly they wanted to use White so badly it hurt, but of course Cho isn't white and it wouldn't make sense
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 443x332
>>82450646
What, that the complaints are histrionic bullshit, fueled by a bunch of oversensitive, neo-fascist babies?

Yeah, I think he understands the complaints just fine.
>>
>>82451302
The "ideal immigrant" stereotype is very real.
>>
>>82450122
I'm glad he called out The Mary Sue and ComicsAlliance by name. Fuck both of those sites. It's a shame CA didn't die when AOL killed it.
>>
>>82450195
>In my case, these critics of mine like most extremists and religious types, advocate mind control and censorship. They simply want to control what other people can and can not see. It’s similar to what the Republican party does to the LGBT community. They bully and shame people into what they should like or don’t like.

BASED. CHO.
>>
>>82450195
>If they don’t like something, then don’t look at it or buy it.
I mean I get what he's saying but they DON'T buy comics, that's the thing that makes it frustrating. Companies constantly pander to and listen to people who do not spend money on their products because they place such a high value in PR.
>>
>>82451406
>CA and MS both release articles tomorrow crying harassment.
>>
>>82451485
in that case it makes his point that much stronger. He is literally telling them to support what they like and if they can't do that it's not his problem and it shouldn't be
>>
>>82450195
BASED CHO!!!
>>
>>82451356
More like Ivy Doomtitty
>>
>>82450646
He's a good illustrator but his paneling leaves a lot to be desired imo. Cho's comics are sterile
>>
>>82450832
Bendis didn't have Ultron turn into a sexy robot lady. Cho managed to convince people to let him draw a sexy lady because he was deprived of his calling to draw sexy women for too long or something.
>>
>>82451035
What if his covers include his ongoing OUTRAGE joke?
>>
>>82451768
Highly doubtful.
>>
>>82451712
Indeed.
>>
>>82451768
That's pretty doubtful, considering he hasn't even brought the joke in Totally Awesome Hulk, and he does both the covers and interiors on that book
>>
>>82450584
>>82450623
>>82450626
None of you know Rucka
>>
>>82451754

is that true? cause that's funny
>>
>>82450818
DC employs Frank Miller
>>
>>82451833
he has had Miles doing the outrage pose a lot though
>>
>>82451406
We need based Hulk Hogan to destroy CA and TMS like he skullfucked Gawker.
>>
I'm actually starting to enjoy going through this every time a pro or anti-Cho thing comes up.

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q=Frank%20cho&src=typd
>>
So is this man a misogynistic or not?
>>
>>82451754
I can see it now
>Enough! This lack of sexy has gone on TOO LONG, DAMMIT! No more!
>God sake Frank calm down, you can draw your metal TNA.
>>
>>82451420
>cho defends fags

What a white knight
>>
>Cho is actually a pretty cool guy in addition to his constant SJW baiting

Neat. Usually SJW baiters tend to have weird skeevy aspects to them like being unironically pro-Trump or having actual racist/sexist opinions. Cho just seems like a stubborn dude that likes to draw butts and doesn't afraid of anything.
>>
>>82452353
Use your brain to come to your own conclusion. No one is going to spoonfeed you an opinion.
>>
File: Cheb_4AWMAA20O7[1].jpg (37 KB, 569x423) Image search: [Google]
Cheb_4AWMAA20O7[1].jpg
37 KB, 569x423
>>82452278
>look through tweets
>Immediately find Gobblergrip references

Literally what the fuck is wrong with Twitter? Does it just turn everyone who uses it into a retard?
>>
>>82452390
So yes?
>>
>>82452526

Seeing Scott Kurtz blow up over this is so weird to me.

It's got to be personal. Cho used to draw covers for PvP print issues. He did guest strips! They must have had some falling out.
>>
File: Lynda Carter 1.jpg (569 KB, 2000x2465) Image search: [Google]
Lynda Carter 1.jpg
569 KB, 2000x2465
>>82450122
>I’m a huge Lynda Carter fan. I fell in love with her when I first saw her Wonder Woman TV show as a kid. In many ways, Lynda Carter is still the main source of inspiration when I draw women.
Patrician taste in women.
>>
File: 1461994833524.jpg (11 KB, 591x110) Image search: [Google]
1461994833524.jpg
11 KB, 591x110
>>82452607
>It's got to be personal. Cho used to draw covers for PvP print issues. He did guest strips! They must have had some falling out.

It is.
>>
File: I'm Superman and what is this.jpg (82 KB, 447x628) Image search: [Google]
I'm Superman and what is this.jpg
82 KB, 447x628
>>82452278
https://twitter.com/richjohnston/status/727621124784304128
>People are actually attacking the author of the BC article on twitter because he wasn't mean enough to Cho in the interview.

wew these people are insane
>>
File: 1455652861897.jpg (40 KB, 600x759) Image search: [Google]
1455652861897.jpg
40 KB, 600x759
>>82452761
>He drew porn of my character
>It upset my wife
What the fuck am I actually reading?
>>
>>82452761

Ah well there you go.

Of course Kurtz also drew tons of cheesecake art of that character and people pointed that out to him but of course those are just sexist, racist, Trump supporting GamerGaters so you can just ignore them.
>>
>>82452389
>tumblr.txt
>>
>>82452532
I said use your brain, anon.
>>
>>82452802
The whole interview was surprisingly civil.
>>
>>82452955

And they're mad because it wasn't an attack piece.

Fucking lunatics.
>>
>>82452887

Maybe it is, but that goes to show that Frank Cho is such a person that even SJ-leaning types respect him.

At this point, the only people who hate him are SJWs (because of ideology) and Scott Kurtz (because it's personal).
>>
File: 1458318395143.jpg (96 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
1458318395143.jpg
96 KB, 500x667
>>82452802
>Questions why they didn't "challenge" Cho by setting up an interview where he's bashed without his opinion. "That would be cool".
>Questions why they let Cho "bash" others freely. "That was uncool".
I'm more confused than amused by this, but I'm amused by that.
>>
File: 1461466391588.png (1 MB, 2458x1620) Image search: [Google]
1461466391588.png
1 MB, 2458x1620
>>82451832
>>82451356
>>82450538
>>82451284
Looks disgusting
>>
File: Lynda Carter 4.jpg (29 KB, 332x600) Image search: [Google]
Lynda Carter 4.jpg
29 KB, 332x600
>>82450223
>>82450195
>>82452614
>In many ways, Lynda Carter is still the main source of inspiration when I draw women.

Now that he mentions it I think I can see it. Not a bad choice for a reference,
>>
>>82453425
It's not the first time Cho has drawn attention to that fact.
>>
>>82453249

SJWs are hypocrites.
>>
>>82452761
Kurtz has that nude drawing he claims to hate so much framed on his wall.
>>
>>82453563

Is it just me, or are SJWs lately more vicious and bare their fangs at anyone who aren't directly opposing them but instead are just taunting them? I see them get angry at bystanders and third party trolls like Kiwifarms moreso than their direct opponents.
>>
>>82452526

How fucking cult like does that sound?

"Feminism is the future"

What the fuck does that even mean?

Censoring art and shaming artists is the future, Kurtz? Really, man?
>>
>>82453715

Because more people are willing to call them out? Because even normies and mainstream liberals are realizing how insane they are?
>>
Again, so much shit flinging over Cho drawing a picture. Nothing about actual serial sexual harassers occupying positions of control at numerous comic book companies.

The Social Justice police are more concerned about culture wars than actual criminals, because every comic book 'critic' wants to work for these companies tomorrow.
>>
>>82450891

I still think that's a great cover piece, it's a shame it never came to light.
>>
>>82452761
>porn
That one on the bear-skin rug?
Is cheesecake porn now?
>>
>>82453405
>being this much of a lowtest fuccboi
>>
File: tmp_13072-79680-1458121408.jpg (62 KB, 273x450) Image search: [Google]
tmp_13072-79680-1458121408.jpg
62 KB, 273x450
>>82452526
Sometimes looking backwards can have its advantages.
>>
>>82453816

Nigga, SJWs defend PEDOPHILES as long as they share the right opinions.
>>
>>82453869
>Is cheesecake porn now

You have to ask?
>>
>>82450195

Damn

He really knows what's up

I really hope he keeps drawing the Spider-woman pose
>>
>ordinary Asian artist who likes drawing sexy women turns out to be ordinary Asian artist and not actual femicidal Hitler
Who knew?!
>>
He could so easily turn this into a race thing.

He could.

And honestly he really SHOULD, but I'm glad he's above that.

If it were me I'd be using the race thing just to fuck with them.
>>
>>82453869
It's sideal nudity.
>>
>>82454006
He probably will if they continue hounding him. He already played the harassment card on an artist who drew him naked as payback for the Cammy cover.
>>
>>82453785

This, but also factor in the fact that the overton window is ever-so-slightly shifting, in part thanks to Trump's candidacy. There's a more legitimate right-wing cultural force rising that's more than just "tax cuts for the rich, wars in the middle east, and jesus jesus jesus" that offers a legitimate political alternative to the leftist SJW politics. I mean it's getting to the point where Breitbart, a major media outlet, is legitimizing what are essentially watered-down /pol/ talking points. Plus you have some more minor incidents like the LamdaConf drama, Milo Y.'s speaking tour, the rising tide of twitter mobs from the right, and centerists like Frank Cho mocking them, and all of it indicates that they're slowly losing their death grip on mainstream political discourse. They're lashing out because they're losing what little influence that they had as the whole American political landscape is slowly changing.
>>
>>82450122
>As a life-long liberal Democrat
>advocate for free speech and equal rights
These two are contradictory.
>>
>>82454066
>Breitbart, a major media outlet, is legitimizing

Let's not get too ahead of ourselves here
>>
>>82454233

Look at Breitbart's Alexa numbers- I'd say they more than qualify as a major media outlet.
>>
>>82454286
So does Fox News

>Fox News, a major media outlet, is legitimizing

fucking lol
>>
>>82454369

It's all the same shit.

CNN is no better than Fox News, it's just the liberal brand.
>>
>>82454369

How are rhey any worse than MSNBC or The Guardian?
>>
>>82454404
Your point being?

>CNN is legitimizing

fucking lol
>>
>>82454369

If FOX started broadcasting what amounted to more subtle /pol/-level content on a pretty regular basis to the mainstream and their audience (who would otherwise detest /pol/) generally accepted these points, that counts as legitimizing. You're taking something that's relatively fringe and slowly introducing it to the mainstream.
>>
>>82454526

Yeah, people would actually have to watch CNN for that to be the case.
>>
>>82454493
>MSNBC is legitimizing
>the Guardian is legitimizing

just kill yourself m8
>>
>>82450107
>hating on based Rucka

Jesus Christ, is this what this board has come to?
>>
>>82452360
This. I actually liked the guy until
>As a life-long liberal Democrat
>t’s similar to what the Republican party does to the LGBT community
Here I thought he was an actual supporter of free speech, but clearly he's just yet another liberal cunt with the one difference being that he likes trolling SJWs. And as great as that is, it doesn't mean much if he subscribes to a party and beliefs system that advocated for turning straight white men into second-class citizens.
>>
>>82454668
Probably steams you to know Frank Miller has stated that he would be willing to vote for Hilary.
>>
>>82454604
Rucka's all right but he's a bit weird. Identifies as a woman and loves Mass Effect 3 with its original ending, Dragon Age 2 and Inquisition.
>>
>>82452802
Goddammit. Leave it to the SJWs to force me to take Rich Johnston's side.

I fucking HATE Rich Johnston.
>>
>>82452761
I need source picture of what he's talking about.
>>
File: closet.jpg (122 KB, 950x632) Image search: [Google]
closet.jpg
122 KB, 950x632
>>82455171
http://archive.is/pFUSv
>Frank Cho's wonderful drawing of Jade on a bear-skin rug. I desperately want to get this colored and made into a poster.
>>
File: Reaction (49).png (45 KB, 140x136) Image search: [Google]
Reaction (49).png
45 KB, 140x136
>>82455290
>I desperately want to get this colored and made into a poster.
>>
>>82454857
>all right
>loves Mass Effect 3 with its original ending, Dragon Age 2 and Inquisition.

No

>>82454844

Not him but the Hilary thing bothers me and the Democrat thing doesn't
>>
>>82450510
>only
It's pretty well known in the industry that Cho is a fantastic artist that draws gorgeous women and incredibly detailed monsters and action scenes. But I guess somebody could get the idea that he " is only famous for "trolling" SJW online" if they just follow all the latest outrages instead of actually reading comics.
>>
>>82450785
>I would say Power Girl is even more perfect for Cho.
Agreed. I hope he ends up doing a book with her in it.
>>
File: 1348900179149.png (377 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1348900179149.png
377 KB, 640x480
>>82455290
>Frank Cho draws cheesecake of your character
>Frame it on your wall
>Wife sees it and gets mad
>Get mad at Frank Cho in response

Is there a step missing here or is this retarded?
>>
>>82456258
Dude is probably beta as fuck.
>>
File: cots.png (278 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
cots.png
278 KB, 600x900
>>82450076
>next 24 Wonder Woman variant covers
>>
>>82451754
but he was drawing Ms. Marvel in the swimsuit in that series
>>
>>82454172
During the Bush administration, if you stood up for civil liberties and decried neocon theocracy, that painted you as a liberal democrat. What Cho's talking about is just watching the horseshoe theory in action.
>>
Frank Cho is a perfect cover artist for Wonder Woman.

That a few people are complaining he doesn't "respect the character" because of a couple joke commissions just proves they don't have a clue and only know him from clickbait.

Adam Hughes does the exact same stuff in regards to commissions and no one bats an eye when he draws anything.
>>
>>82456808
Because Adam Hughes doesn't draw women with an ass or hips, so people are just confused
>>
Wow, /co/ is getting booty blasted that Cho's a democrat?

I miss /pol/ not being a thing on this board.
>>
File: GyeBoR0.jpg (678 KB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
GyeBoR0.jpg
678 KB, 1988x3056
>>82451833
>considering he hasn't even brought the joke in Totally Awesome Hulk
oh?
>>
>>82451832
hot
and very nice person (from when i've met her)
>>
>>82456938
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>82450195
>>The comic book market is a vast and bountiful table. There’s a place for everyone. One group, because they don’t like something, should not dictate what others can see and enjoy. That’s simply wrong. If they don’t like something, then don’t look at it or buy it. As matter of fact, they should take all that hateful energy and create comics they want to read and art they want to see. Again, there’s a room for everyone at the comic table.
Holy shit he actually is based.
>>
>>82457085
>tfw she's dead now
i'm gonna rub myself to these issues in remembrance & celebration of her life
>>
>>82456938
Not all of /co/, just the stupid ones who give a shit about political parties.
>>
>>82456938

>One person is sperging over Cho being a Democrat while another makes a tumblr-like snarky comment against Democrats
>ALL OF /CO/ IS GETTING BOOTY BLASTED OVER CHO BEING A DEMOCRAT

>>82457181
> tumblr boogeyman

Are you also going to claim people are from /pol/ too?
>>
>>82457085
I don't see an "Outrage!" anywhere. In fact Miles was bro-tier in this book.
>>
>>82457288
She's not dead yet, she's going to be soon but not yet.
>>
File: miles outrage.jpg (190 KB, 691x803) Image search: [Google]
miles outrage.jpg
190 KB, 691x803
>>82457310
he's making the same "face," at the same angle, and he's a spider

all that's missing is the word
>>
>>82457401
>all that's missing is the word
And thus, the joke.
>>
>>82457461
are you autistic
>>
File: Liberty Meadows.jpg (330 KB, 900x573) Image search: [Google]
Liberty Meadows.jpg
330 KB, 900x573
>>82450122
>>82452614
>>82453425
>>
File: powergirl .jpg (399 KB, 2000x619) Image search: [Google]
powergirl .jpg
399 KB, 2000x619
I fell in love with his art
>>
File: 1460839362432.jpg (150 KB, 736x1088) Image search: [Google]
1460839362432.jpg
150 KB, 736x1088
>>
File: Lynda Carter.jpg (344 KB, 959x1015) Image search: [Google]
Lynda Carter.jpg
344 KB, 959x1015
>>82452614
She's probably the reason he draws women with hip dips
>>
>>82457793
>Father of English and Scots-Irish ancestry, and her mother is of Mexican, Spanish and French
Fucking perfectly blended. Thank you Europe.
And Mexico too I guess, not sure how much you pulled through here.
>>
>>82457330
I doubt the She Hulk will actually die. Bendis is good at bait & switch.
>>
>>82450212
Found the female poster in this thread.
>>
>>82458850
I think initially she was supposed to die but because of the leak they're making her comatose.

That leaker should've leaked like a month before the book was to be published.
>>
File: Lynda Carter mother.jpg (504 KB, 802x725) Image search: [Google]
Lynda Carter mother.jpg
504 KB, 802x725
>>82458749
Mexico gave her the body
>>
>>82458749
>And Mexico too I guess, not sure how much you pulled through here
A lot. A LOT. Mexican girls get stacked fast and when they're good looking, they are god tier. If anything the Mexican side probably helped to stave off the ugliness effect of English ancestry.
>>
File: Dat jiggle.gif (4 MB, 150x214) Image search: [Google]
Dat jiggle.gif
4 MB, 150x214
>>82457793
>Dat body

Don't make them like her nowadays.
>>
File: Lynda Carter beach.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Lynda Carter beach.webm
3 MB, 960x540
>>82459153
Cho should make the next cover for WW '77 as well
>>
>>82459142
Latina master race genes strike again.
>>
File: ChlThfKXIAABzDK.jpg (109 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
ChlThfKXIAABzDK.jpg
109 KB, 600x800
Is this a normal WW thread now?

Scott tweeted this tease out.
>>
>>82460455
That Wondy does not look comfortable
>>
>>82460455
are lesbians finally happening
>>
>>82460514
I mean probably but that's her mom
>>
>>82458850
A-Force tie-in has everyone but She-hulk fighting each other on the cover, and the issue is going to be about a major upheaval and roster change.

Hellcat tie-in is about her dealing with having a close friend die, with the cover being a bunch of pictures of Patsy and Jen hanging out.

She-hulk's gonna die, anon. No way outta this. Once Bendis sets his sites on someone, there's no way out.
>>
>>82460763
Can't wait for Based Russos to bring her back in the movies so Bendis will be foiled yet again
>>
>>82460763
Actually, I should note that it's entirely possible that this is a red herring. I could see it being that She-hulk kills Bruce Banner to avoid one of the visions from coming to pass, and she gets arrested as a result. So all the Hellcat and A-force stuff would be because She-hulk is in jail and killed a former hero, not because she's dead.

War Machine is totally dead though.
>>
>>82460455
>Damn gurl I'm so drunk right now
>Mother please
>>
File: duke-falls.jpg (28 KB, 400x309) Image search: [Google]
duke-falls.jpg
28 KB, 400x309
>>82458979
>I think initially she was supposed to die but because of the leak they're making her comatose.

Ah yes, the GI Joe method.
>>
>>82460539
that's not a no.
>>
>>82451356
What kind of comics does she read?
>>
>>82451356
That's Cho's artistic inspiration alright.
>>
>>82452614
Man, I could literally die on the spot and happy if Lynda Carter provided me with a son.
>>
>>82460455
They are straight up rebooting shit, and in this case for no purpose
>>
>>82462382
>in this case for no purpose

Isn't it to fix Finchs?
>>
File: Capture.jpg (111 KB, 733x927) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
111 KB, 733x927
book three announced
>>
>>82460455
Scott's art lately is GOAT. Sad Black Magick has to go on hiatus for this, but will be well worth it.
>>
>>82462713
Is this porn? Didn't Cho do porn?
>>
>>82452614
Ooioooh...

So that's where Cho got his go-to sameface from.
>>
>>82462831
He's never done straight up porn. He draws sexy women doing sexy things. You can fap to it if you are so inclinded, but he does not draw penetration, vaginas, penises, sex, ect.

Significant distinction between cheesecake and porn.
>>
>>82451284
>>82450538
>>82450538
>>82453405
>being so new to fandom that you don't recognize Ivy Doomkitty

Are you 12 years old? Literal children?
>>
>>82454404
>CNN is no better than Fox News
Yes it is.
Fox News is classified as an entertaiment show because their facts are so twisted and wrong just for the sake of pandering to the republican extremists that can't be classified as a news show.
>>
>>82462954
Penetration =/= porn

I get where you're coming from, but a chick naked and acting in an extremely lurid way is still porn even if stuff isn't going inside of her.
>>
>>82463204

t. feeling the Bern
>>
>>82462954
Let me rephrase it my negro. Hasn't he drawn a lot of nekkid girls?
>>
>>82462430
I'm talking about Hippolyta going back to Perez' brunette Hippolyta. Just one sign of all the other things they can retcon.
>>
>>82463337
>hair color changes
>HOLY SHIT THEY'RE GOING TO COMPLETELY RETCON IT
>>
File: 1462249248205.gif (877 KB, 375x304) Image search: [Google]
1462249248205.gif
877 KB, 375x304
>/co/ reacts to politics
>>
>>82463248
It's called erotica anon.

Porn doesn't have to have penetration either, though, that is true. And of course, "I know it when I see" means there's not really a strict definition. But I'd say definitely anything with genital manipulation. Even beyond that, I'd say porn needs to have more explicit imagery than most pin-ups.

Pin-ups are lewd, but rarely show bare nips and never vaginas. I don't know where those solo strip teases and nudes would fall, but probably more on the porn side. I would say nothing Cho has ever done has been porn, even at its lewdest.
>>
>>82463538
> that shitty gif
> not the superior red nose one
You disappointment me.
>>
>>82457085
I have nothing against middle aged women, but She-Hulk's face breaks my heart a little.
>>
>>82453844
Right? It's so unnerving, and the clothers Joker is wearing are a great callback to the killing joke, It's a very effective cover.
>>
>>82463627
What? She looks pretty good anon. I mean, it's a Cho face, but it's still great.
>>
>>82463663
I think anon meant the look of hurt on her face breaks his heart
>>
>>82463663
No, her pitiful face when Gunk, Gook, Gook Hulk mentions her age breaks my heart.
>>
>>82463683
>>82463684
Werp derp. Sorry anon. I'll just find some puzzle magazines now.
>>
>>82451356
QUICK SOMEONE SUMMON RAWRUNES
>>
File: img_0020.png (375 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
img_0020.png
375 KB, 640x960
>>82463248
Check out my filthy porn.
>>
>>82463379
If they are retconing something so trivial and making her exactly like she was pre-new 52 for no reason, what does that tell about the rest?
>>
>>82452607
>>82452761
I might be wrong but i swear he signed the image Steve Kuntz, so y'know there is some bantz going on
>>
>>82463880
literally nothing? Scott's drawing the Year One story, not the modern story
>>
>>82450607
Nice, you summed up SJWs in one post.
>>
>>82463581
>erotica

huh, I always thought written smut like http://komperaklause.deviantart.com/art/Tentacles-Part-18-605089826?q=gallery%3AKomperaKlause&qo=3 was called "erotica"
>>
>>82449998
DC PLEASE
>>
>>82454844
Well the dead do tend to vote democrat.
Thread replies: 231
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.