[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I just read Batman Endgame and it being the first DC comic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 13tRUuH.png (338 KB, 540x278) Image search: [Google]
13tRUuH.png
338 KB, 540x278
So I just read Batman Endgame and it being the first DC comic I've read since Flash Point I was a bit confused by some stuff. Like what was Zero Day? Was the Joker really the pale man or that kid the Arkham Dr talked and about? Also I've read that since then Commissioner Gordon became Ironbatman and now there are three Jokers (or rather there have been always 3 Jokers). Is Batman (Wayne) alive again? If so how? Have they explained the three Jokers? What should I read to catch up?
>>
>>84586508
>I've read a story literally called "Endgame" and now I want everything else explained to me.

>I enjoy watching movies starting at the third act and having someone spell out the rest of the film.
>>
INTERNET
N
T
E
R
N
E
T
>>
File: 1468280244601.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1468280244601.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>84586547
>implying the same logic can be applied to comic books
>>
>>84586634
If you like something that you've read but you were confused by some references to the past, then you should go back and read some of the older issues. If you can't get the time to read them, then at least just google what happens. You don't need to go to a board and ask a bunch of people to put it all together for you.
>>
>>84586756
This. The books are numbered, it won't be hard to catch up.
>>
>>84586508
>Is Batman (Wayne) alive again?
Yes, as of issue 50 or so.
>Have they explained the three Jokers?
Hasn't come up again.
>What should I read to catch up?
You should start from the beginning of Snyder's run, find out when Batman Eternal started and read that alongside.
Skip Batman & Robin Eternal, and just be aware that it reintroduced Cassandra Cain.
Then read DC Rebirth, and read Batman and Detective Comics.

Also Pre-Crisis Superman is back with Lois and their son. But that's another reading list.
>>
Why people act like Batman is easy to follow and you just need to Google the issues' numbers to get everything?
There's 2 to 3 reboots and thousand upon thousands of retcons and contradictions.
>>
>>84586634
if it's a 50 issue run by the same writer and artist, yes
>>
>>84586508
Just read the rest of Snyder's run.

Court of Owls
Death of the Family
Zero Year
Endgame
Superheavy
>>
What the fuck even was the point of New 52?
Is there anything that's remained?

What a shitshow.
>>
>>84587032
>Why people act like Batman is easy to follow and you just need to Google the issues' numbers to get everything?
I can't answer that but in this case it is pretty easy because OP is just asking about Nu52 Batman.
>>
>>84587117
>What the fuck even was the point of New 52?
Pull in new readers (accomplished). Make more money (accomplished).

>Is there anything that's remained?
Everything is still New-52. They just brought back stuff that people missed like Wally.

>What a shitshow.
Not really, you're just one of those NOT MUH fags.
>>
>>84586508
Maybe you should read the previous 50 issues of Scott Snyder's run?
>>
>>84587117
>Is there anything that's remained?
Remained of what, exactly? Because there's probably something from Pre-Crisis floating around if I looked for it.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.