[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I want to get into the Judge Dredd comics /co/. I picked this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6
File: JudgeDredd-GreatestHits.jpg (3 MB, 1185x1800) Image search: [Google]
JudgeDredd-GreatestHits.jpg
3 MB, 1185x1800
I want to get into the Judge Dredd comics /co/. I picked this up the other day, is this an alright place to start, or do you have any suggestions?
>>
>>84580669
its a decent story with mediocre art from a terrible human being, you done goofed.

Find a torrent for case files five, or at least a copy of Apocalypse War and reaad that, if you like that go back to case files 1 and read from there onwards.
>>
>>84580695
But is says greatest hits
>>
File: Judge Fish.jpg (41 KB, 600x456) Image search: [Google]
Judge Fish.jpg
41 KB, 600x456
>>84580669
>>84580719
Make sure you read Hondo City Justice, Shimura, and Judge Inspector Inaba while you're at it.
>>
>>84580719
It also Says Mega-City Two City of Courts, which is by no means a "greatest hit"
>>
>>84580669
>posting that IDW dog shit
First off, avoid that shit at all cost
>>
>>84580902
Well, I'm new to the comic book scene so I don't know what IDW is, but I'm happy to take suggestions for readings.
>>
>>84580923
Judge Dredd appears in the anthology comic 2000ad since 1977 and also in his own spin off title Judge Dredd the Megazine published by uk company Rebellion.

The character has also been licenced to other publishers over the years. DC put out 2 titles in the 90's and currently an ongoing series from IDW publishing.

Most Dredd fans don't much like IDW Dredd but it has the advantage of not carrying 40 years of baggage. City of Courts is generally considered the best of the run but if you are really looking to get into Dredd Your best bet is to track down the Complete Case files collecting all of Dredd's stories in chronological order.

Be warned the the first 4 volumes or so of the casefiles are pretty dated and goofy that's why most fans recommend starting with volume 5
>>
Never read American Judge Dredd.

Get the complete case files. Any of them. There's 27 right now.

Or just jump into the modern comics.
>>
File: 001.jpg (182 KB, 897x1251) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
182 KB, 897x1251
>>84580669
Start from the beginning.
>>
Okay so hunt down the "Case Files" which I presume are anthologies. Got it.
>>
File: coverprog1.jpg (276 KB, 850x1126) Image search: [Google]
coverprog1.jpg
276 KB, 850x1126
>>84581182
Yep, the Case Files are phonebook sized anthologies covering years worth of strips from the very beginning. As >>84581088 mentions, the early ones can be very silly because it was intended as a Boy's Comic in 1970s Britain, with an audience somewhere between 8 and 12. That also explains why the first 2000AD prog had cowboys VS dinosaurs, space adventure, Not-Russians invading the UK and murdering the queen and Prime Minister and The Harlem Globetrotters with jetpacks.

Honestly though, you can pick it up almost anywhere and get along fine. While its maintained a single consistent continuity since the beginning, most Dredd stories are self-contained and tell you everything you need to know.

Quick selection to get you started
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/qkpkf9b6sn7rt/Fatties
http://www.mediafire.com/download/i4qn2b7hta53111/2000AD_%231322-1335_%26_Prog_2003_Judge_Dredd_Vs_Aliens_-_Incubus.cbr
http://www.mediafire.com/download/5vndaod5vjcfcqv/2000AD_%23422_Judge_Dredd_-_Casey%27s_Day_Out.cbr
http://www.mediafire.com/download/bl6oljdbnlfw3lu/2000AD_%23873b_%28JDMeg._%232.46%29_Judge_Dredd_-_Bury_My_Knee_at_Wounded_Heart.cbr
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/wf4dmola85n2b/Judge_Cal

There's also loads of quality spin offs, like the Japanese Hondo City Judges >>84580750 mentions, The Simping Detective, The Low Life, Armitage, Psi Judge Anderson, Insurrection, Lawless and many others, to say nothing of all the other 2000AD stories and universes that aren't related to Dredd in the slightest.
>>
File: dreddspottheperp.png (1 MB, 1531x903) Image search: [Google]
dreddspottheperp.png
1 MB, 1531x903
Bump
>>
File: dreddperpanswers.png (434 KB, 1035x918) Image search: [Google]
dreddperpanswers.png
434 KB, 1035x918
>>84583304
Answers
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.