[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm in the mood for some King of the Hill. So tell me what
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 9
File: 131939.jpg (22 KB, 260x160) Image search: [Google]
131939.jpg
22 KB, 260x160
I'm in the mood for some King of the Hill.
So tell me what is your favorite episodes/episodes. One of mine would have to be the The Exterminator.
>>
Nothing will ever feel so satisfying as the episode where Bobby ate that steak at the end to stick it to his vegetarian ex-gf
>>
I'm actually currently rewatching all 13 seasons so this thread is perfect for the sake of timing.

My favorite episode has to be the episode with dale running for gun club president, him hunting chuck mangionie in megalomart and any other dale-centric episode.

He is the only cuck character I actually like.

WINGO!
>>
Got a few...

The smoking one just because how Hank nearly destroyed his job.

The one with Drew Carey to see Hank plus.

And the one where they get stuck off the boat and Bill may have spilled the beans about Bobby and Nacho cheese.
>>
I dont remember the episode name but the one where bobby and Luann prank each other probably made me laugh the hardest
>>
>>84573063
The one where Dale thinks he's a Native American, and John Redcorn is torn between his need to hide his affair with Nancy from Dale and his need to have Dale stop dishonoring his people with his delusions of Native American-hood.
>>
>>84573208
wedding of bobby hill is the prank one...Season 3. kahn centric ones are where I usually rewatch...manic kahn day and redneck on rainey street. Episodes that point out Ted Wassanasongs hypocrisy are grand too.
>>
Soldier of Misfortune is quite possibly the most perfect episode of any animated show ever.
>I'm feeling a little crummy because Mad Dog is running for Gun Club President and he's already got the black vote
>Earl
>And the gay vote
>Earl
>>
>>84573360
Vision quest is the one where Dale dresses like something that resembles one of the nations. Spin the choice is where Redcorn was about to tell Dale about the affair but bailed.
>>
>I'm sorry Mr. Hill. As doctor of western medicine I can only offer you pills or nothing.

>I've known you since the second grade Hank, when did this happen? First grade?

>Again!? Gladly.

>Your people call it a bar mitzvah.
>>
the episode where Luanne deals with Buckleys death

nearly every bill episode

the episode where cotton dies
>>
>>84573453
>There's only one man I'd die for and he's at home cooking my supper!
>>
Did they ever release high quality versions of the later seasons?
>>
>>84573133
Also rewatching the series, and I agree wholeheartedly except the part that Dale is a cuck. If anything Redcorn's the cuck, Dale takes back his wife like four seasons in and then Redcorn has to deal with his son hating him bc it was raised by Dale. Having your son act as white as Joseph does is like being cucked a thousand times to Native Americans because there's like 50 of them left
>>
>>84573684
>deal with his son hating him bc it was raised by Dale
Why would Joseph hate Redcorn? Dale treats him pretty nice, hell he probably treats him better then his real friends.
>>
>>84573720
Have you even watched the show? Joseph thinks redcorn is weird as fuck.
>>
>>84573501
Hanks Back
soldier of missfortune x 2
Vision Quest
>>
>>84573684
Rewatching the episodes, while assuming Dale knew about the affair for the whole time, is quite amusing.
>>
>>84573774
Weird yeah but thinking someone is odd and hate is two different things. Apart for that Thanksgiving episode where he learns that his tribe were former cannibals I don't remember him particularly hating Redcorn.
>>
File: 1446070687197.jpg (39 KB, 295x326) Image search: [Google]
1446070687197.jpg
39 KB, 295x326
>>84573133
>>84573684
>le cugg meme xD
KotH is a good show, why do we need to retroactively bring this shit into it?
>>
>>84573774
Yeah the spin the choice one where Joseph thinks Redcorn is a cannibal pretty well sums up Josephs total indifference towards redcorn. Joseph does admire redcorn, briefly, in vision quest but they don't go anywhere with it. The idea seems that Redcorn is just too needy and tries too hard with joseph.
>>
>>84573853
Because that's literally a central part of his character?
>>
>>84573513
Wings of the dope
Pretty Pretty dresses is bills best deconstruction ep.
Death Picks Cotton with the sissy shack
>>
>>84573063
Naked Ambition
>>84573077
that was pretty goddamn fantastic
>>
>>84573815
It doesn't seem to me like he knows it at all, you have to do some pretty heavy mental gymnastics for that
however, would dale put nancy through that as her punishment? absolutely.
>>
>>84573815
Dale could have realized, during the affair, that Nancy may leave him and no longer pay him to sit around the house and do nothing. Dale relegates himself to the basement, lets John 'heal' Nancy and continues getting away with being a beta house husband who doesn't clean or cook. Dale deludes himself even further into his tinfoil hat lifestyle in order to cope with being super cucked and 14 years manage to go by pretty quickly. When Nancys Boys airs, it shows that Dales patience paid off and he gets Nancy back...He plays the 'sorry im so cuked' guilt appology on Nancy and gets her back full time again... He really is a genius!
>>
>>84574082
AND at the same time, helps John with the FOIA in order to secure John his lawsuit...Redcorn feels too guilty to continue the affair, Nancy has no choice but to stick with Dale and the next threat to Dale/Nancy is the exterminator woman who hits on Dale who Dale just wiffs away.
>>
>>84573063
Hanky Panky/High Anxiety
>>
>>84573165
Keeping up with our joneses? where hank nearly threw out a butt at the base of a service tank?
Just finished watching 'not in my back-hoe' with Hal
Hanks On Board where bill told hank about a rainy night he slept with peggy
>>
>>84574082
then redcorn creeps some more in vision quest, in order to get time and set joseph on the right path, and Dale goes full beta apeshit and pretends he must be native which completely undercuts redcorn. If you think of all of this a secret of dales, even a secret to the audience, it actually makes sense.
>>
File: peri.png (144 KB, 299x364) Image search: [Google]
peri.png
144 KB, 299x364
Any ep Ross guest voices
>>
>>84574700
Roz!
>>
File: 1456393481863.jpg (102 KB, 491x750) Image search: [Google]
1456393481863.jpg
102 KB, 491x750
>>84573063
>You'll never get to fire Gladstone.
>>
Dog Dale Afternoon and My Own Private Rodeo are my favorites.
>>
The Witches of East Arlen will always have a special place for me
>>
Implying Mega-Lo-Dale isint one of the top 10 greatest episodes of all time.

>But what about the droppings? There were droppings all over the place.
>Heheheh, Make those Mega Lo chumps pick it up -- they owe me!

>that's the calculated risk you take when you release a mongoose.

>Musak Just Musak
>>
Robo-Dale's Marital Dance
>>
File: f.jpg (7 KB, 256x194) Image search: [Google]
f.jpg
7 KB, 256x194
If it were up to YOU you would have filled my buddy tunnel with cement so no one else could use it!
>>
>>84573077
>hurting your own body for the sake of making a point to a girl that she doesn't care about and will forget in moments when she finds her next guy

You really are a beta.
>>
>>84575767
It wasn't about marie, it was about bobby stuffing away his depression while showing up marie...like a man. if he were old enough, he would just chug a 5th of whiskey and set her lawn on fire.
>>
>>84573077
that was fucking great
>>
Hank being a pimp was the most I ever laughed. It was also the sexiest Peggy ever looked.
>>
>>84575348
>It's always the pretty ones
>>
>>84573133
Fucking Gary Busey
>>
Cottons Plot

Best episode.

We see the hero Cotton always was and Peggy redeems herself.
>>
File: 1466552403284.jpg (203 KB, 583x1280) Image search: [Google]
1466552403284.jpg
203 KB, 583x1280
>>84575348
>filled my buddy tunnel with cement

I love everything about dale.
>>
Did Dale ever find out about the affair? I just need closure on this, I never saw the last season
>>
>>84573864
Makes sense. Joseph already has a dad he's really close too. The way Redcorn acts in the face of that towards him would give anyone the creeps.
>>
>>84573063
I'm always partial to Aisle 8A. Just something about the constant ridiculous reactions from every as it happens just gets me.

>Hank freaking out the whole first part of the episode
>Peggy having to be pulled out of school by the police because Connie doesn't know how to change pads
>Kahn dashing off of stage as soon as he learns
>>
>>84578123
No, but the Cuck Brigade on /co/ will claim he did and that pretending to be unaware while Redcorn fucked his wife 3-5 times a week for 13 years was an elaborate long-form revenge.
>>
>>84574082
>doesn't clean or cook
>forgetting dale is always making cookies and won his gun club presidency with his macaroons
>entry wound and exit wound sized
>>
>>84578795
Getting cucked 3 to 4 times a week for 14 years without knowing is unlikely and far less interesting than dale knowing the whole time. The Cuck brigade is simply better at drama
>>
>>84579719
Nobody sees the cleaning and unlike dales macaroons, the idea that dale is useful around the house is staying down. Like a lamp that smokes and buys stuff on the internet
>>
I'm torn between the episode where they go to Japan and the episode where Peggy takes over Sugarfoots.
>>
>>84575348
>buddy tunnel
Hwat did he mean by this?
>>
File: pocketsandshashasha.png (145 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
pocketsandshashasha.png
145 KB, 480x360
>>84573063

Dog Dale Afternoon and Soldier of Misfortune.
>>
>>84580004
>Getting cucked 3 to 4 times a week for 14 years without knowing is unlikely

it's happening to you RIGHT NOW
>>
>>84573077
just watched it again. so cathartic
>>
>>84580004
>is unlikely
That's the fucking joke you mongoloid. Dale is literally that fucking oblivious and trusting of a dude. It feeds into his weird paranoid conspiracy theories. We see it when he briefly turns away from that and becomes a flag waving patriot: when Dale is in, he's all fucking in. It's not that he distrusts the government so much that he's a conspiracy theorist, it's that he trusts the conspiracies so much his entire worldview warps around it as absolute truth. He trusts Nancy so much that his brain bends over backwards to explain away any inconsistency, like he does with his conspiracies and then did with the government. The only time this is affected is during that brief period where the JFK Assassination Conspiracy fell apart and then when he accepted the DMV got Hank's sex wrong. Dale is an all or nothing kind of guy, and with Nancy he's always all in.

>far less interesting
I strongly disagree. A big part of Dale's character is how much he truly loves and trusts his family, and it's a fundamental part of making the comedy with Nancy's adultery work. It's just not as funny if Dale is faking. He doesn't just treat Joseph as his son, his actually believes the obviously mixed race kid is his own because he just cannot conceive of a world where it is not true. Same with Nancy not being faithful. It's not Dale's "cunning plan to uncuck himself" that wins Nancy back, it's his deep down, underneath all his crazy bullshit, love for his family and kind heart. Dale is not a cunning man. He's a fucking idiot who when it came down to brass tacks, sticks with his family and tries, in his own crazy as fuck way, to do right by them.

This doesn't mean he's a perfect husband, there's a reason Nancy cheated in the first place, but that Dale's fundamental "jokes" is that he's a conspiracy theorist who can't see the obvious lie in front of him. Everything else builds off that to make a character who, in the end, trusts too much and is a family man.
>>
>>84580988
You are trying too hard to overstate the obvious. it is more fun to explore another possibility to see if anybody can come up with an alternative explanation. Some people take fictional characters too seriously.
>>
>>"cunning plan to uncuck himself"
Why put this in quotes? Nobody here said this or anything that could be paraphrased into this. Nobody is suggesting that dale is uncucking himself
>>
>>84580988
Dale constantly has to come up with new conspiracies to explain his ongoing denial. The 'recovered memory' explaining how aliens used Dales DNA,The three episodes where dale first questions if redcorn is gay, states redcorn is gay that hes been friends with for years and where he then acknowledges redcorn has sex with women in the untitled blake mccormick project. The whole show develops Dale through his redcorn denial but what if Dale went through periods where he couldn't deny it and had to decide whether or not to confront Nancy (he did dream about asking nancy what redcorn was doing in their shower) only to then decide not to risk losing his livelyhood with her? Dale would then bury it with years of questionable conspiracy theory in order to protect his ego from the truth. I know you love that you think you cracked this thing but maybe there is a lot more depth here than you observe.
>>
>>84573063
the episode where john redcorn confesses to dale about the affair, and dale nonchalantly tells john that he always knew about it.
>>
>>84581705
>Cuck of the Cuck: It is Actually Good and Cool to Be a Cuck: Part 1: Yes, I Am a Cuck
>>
>>84578123
No he did not. It's a comedy show built on pretty much keeping with status qup with very few exceptions and Dale finding out just isn't funny.

And so everyone else keeps pushing the aliens thing so much that even Dale can't make sense of it and just stops thinking about it.
>>
>>84575245
>liking a shitty YTP
>a youtube E-celeb

/out/ is that way
>>
>>84573133
>he's got the black vote. Earl
>he's also got the gay vote. Also Earl
>>
>>84573571

They finally came out on DVD/Blu-ray over the last couple years.
>>
File: kingsofthehill20.jpg (26 KB, 360x268) Image search: [Google]
kingsofthehill20.jpg
26 KB, 360x268
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned A firefighting we will go.
>dat rashomon sequence
Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.