[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Greg states that hes still rich in Beach City Drift Thank
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 3
>Greg states that hes still rich in Beach City Drift

Thank fucking god. I was worried Mr. Greg was going to be a get rich but give it all up in one day episode
>>
>>84566799

Best dad! Now he can support Steven!
>>
>>84566799
>being all that surprised
The status quo has actually changed a few times so far. Now it's just happening more often.

But I agree, it is nice to see this cliche defied. I wonder if it'll actually go anywhere though. Greg's rich, but he apparently doesn't let it go to his head, so...?
>>
>>84566820
He already does. Word of god is that he's the one that pays for all of steven's food and things.
>>
>>84566890
>Word of god
Or just basic logic.
>>
>>84566820
He already built Steven a fucking house and buys him fun shit like toys and video games along with essentials like food. What else do you want?
>>
Explain to me why he can't live in the same house as his son.
>>
>>84566987
Because he's easily unnerved by the magical stuff/enemies that the gems get involved with, I'm pretty sure this is said in an episode.
>>
>>84566987
>The house was clearly built for just Steven.
>Greg has stated multiple times that he's uncomfortable with magic gem shit.
>>
>>84567053
Also I'm sure that after Steven was borne none of the gems (especially Pearl) wanted Greg anywhere around them. Once things settled down, Greg probably just got used to living in his van.
>>
>>84566987
He doesn't like magic and up until recently he felt like he'd just get in the way.
>>
>>84566987
I honestly don't know, man. Laser Light Cannon made it out that he's a bit nervous about some of the gem magic/technology and thinks he should let the gems handle it, which would be a fine explanation, but then "House Guest" came along and fucked that up.
>>
>>84567092
>My Wife's Friend's Son
>>
>>84567092
I have a feeling they all knew what was going to happen. Pearl probably ran off dramatically though.
>>
>>84567092
Steven didn't get that house till he was like 7 IIRC. He was already used to living in that van.
>>
>>84566987
He's an emotional wreck widower with a dead end job. He's unfit to care for his son with special needs/powers.

Still best boy and I hope he gets better.
>>
>>84567144
Or got violent. Either having to be restrained by Garnet or just threatening Greg with her spear.
>>
>>84567109
Just cause he's comfortable using a warp doesn't mean he wants a daily life of Amethyst walking in with some weird shape.
>>
>>84566987
Nervous around magic, has a strained relationship with Amethyst, and Pearl hates his guts. Him living with the gems would just make things incredibly awkward.
>>
Were full episodes released or is there a preview for Beach City Drift
>>
File: staring steven.jpg (41 KB, 737x468) Image search: [Google]
staring steven.jpg
41 KB, 737x468
Steven has never even considered leading a normal human life, has he?
>>
>>84567092

>Crystal Cunts keeping a father away from his son
>>
>>84567213
Him and Amethyst have made up enough to play Pinata behind the barn alone. Though he probably still would prefer she not transform around him.

Pearl alone though would probably be enough to not live in that house, let alone that and the magic gem shit.
>>
>>84567257
At best, he'd like to be the First Man to President Connie.
>>
>>84566799

HE'S GOING TO BUY LAPIS A BOAT!

CALLING IT!
>>
>>84567261
Greg can literally walk into the house at any time to take Steven on a road trip. Though usually, Steven is the one who goes to see Greg.
>>
>>84567213
I don't think Pearl hates him but I definitely think she still dislikes him.
>>
>>84567185
He specifically lied to be able to live with Steven.
It's clearly not his decision.
>>
>>84567335
The Crystal Gems did tell Greg not to interfere with any more magic stuff. So he never comes unannounced unless it's an emergency or planned.
>>
>>84567336
She tolerates him enough to do maintenance on his van and can even paraphrase his porkchop line. But she still dreams of stealing Rose away from Greg.

>>84567348
Broken legs heal over time. It wasn't going to be indefinitely. Just enough to have his feel of living with Steven time before going all "legs all healed up" and going back to his usual life.

>>84567385
The road trip wasn't planned at all. And according to Greg, it was for the safety of his life and his hair.
>>
>>84566799
huh? i don't... remember any of what you're talking about. did this show come back or something?
>>
>>84566799
greg is so sunburnt
>>
>>84568775
>missing all the leaks
The show comes back tomorrow
>>
Casualfag here. I thought he lived in his van. Any reason why he doesn't have a house or apartment or anything like that?
>>
>>84568854
He's a bohemian/dirty hippie.
>>
>>84566987
Pearl outright dislikes him, Amethyst has creepy sexual urges and Garnet is a little cold indifferent.

He also has to sign off on Steven being placed in mortal danger consistently, which he doesn't seem ok with when he's around.

Assumably Rose didn't walk up to him and simply request death via murdercock, but actually outlined her plans for their son. This could explain Greg distancing himself when Steven started training, and also all the "King" stuff. Grooming Steven to be the leader his gem will inevitably force him to be anyway.
>>
>>84568854
Because he just likes living in his van. The man built a house for Steven and owns a car wash and has that barn, yet he still prefers his van.

He's got 10 million dollars now and rather than buy a house or get fancy threads, he takes his son and Pearl to Empire City for a bit and later buys a USED car.
>>
>>84568775
yoooo

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGJhBtXCWJ4
>>
>>84568775
we're getting a month of steven bombs my guy
>>
File: Greg_PantsCut.png (152 KB, 2198x3066) Image search: [Google]
Greg_PantsCut.png
152 KB, 2198x3066
>>84568828
He always is though, isn't he? Doesn't he worry about cancer? He's getting older.
>>
>>84569431
Greg is already at peace with himself not living 50 more years. He's probably cool with whenever he dies.
>>
>>84569500
how old is he anyway
>>
>>84569553
I'm guessing 40-50
>>
>>84569553
If he met Rose in his 20's and approximately 20 years have passed since then he's probably in his early forties.
>>
>>84569553
40s probably. He and Vidalia were in there 20s back when Marty plowed her and Sour Cream I think is still in high school.
>>
>>84569553
in his 40s I guess
>>
>>84569553
according to Stevens birthday, he was 22 when he met the gems
we don't know exactly how long he was with Rose for... (I think it's been said by Sugar or someone that he started losing his hair in his early 30's, which isn't much to go on, but based on how he looked in the video from Lion 3, he must have been past that about the time Rose was pregnant with Steven) se exact age there is your guess.
then add 14 for how old Steven is as of Stevens Birthday.

we're looking at anything over 44 year old
>>
So, Greg said that the gems didn't know shit about raising a baby and that it was all him

What exactly were they up to while Steven was a baby and why did they suddenly become his caretakers?

I kinda like to think that after Rose vanished they had some sort of darkest time thing and didn't do shit for a few years, maybe wandered a little without caring, and then went to see Steven and started to snap out of it

Like Rose's dissapearance was the end of the previous era and it was depressing as fuck to them, but then Steven came in to symbolize a new beginning. The turning point would be him singing the show's theme song to them
>>
>>84566890
> He thinks the gems provide food and clothing
Not a single one of them has human jobs or currency. They don't even pay taxes because Rose set them up as a religion.
>>
>>84569553
Old enough to be "past his prime" without it reaching into old man/totally sad territory.

Early-mid 40s
>>
>>84569826
well, leadership fell to Garnet. I'd assume she held the team together (although it wouldn't suprise me if there was a Ruby/Saphire split of opinion similar to the Sardonyx incident and Keystone motel. Greg Knows Garnet is a fusion) but i assume they kept on protecting earth from corrupt gems and collecting gem artifacts. Doing the mission stuff that they've always done.

We know that Greg and Amethyst watched Little Buttler a lot as a way to take their minds off the loss of Rose, but an incident between them split them apart. Souring their friendship, but they buried that incident behind them, not really dealling with it till 'Maximum Capacity'.

We really don't know what Pearl was like in the aftermath (or Garnet, but i think she'd cope better). Mr. Greg might finally answer some quetions on that (but don't get your hopes up).

But aside from all that, the gems definatly had interaction with Steven as he was growing up with Greg.
>>
>>84569826
also, the gems started raising Steven to essentially help him learn to control his gem powers. At a guess, from the similar birthday photos in Steven's Birthday (assuming the reason he doesn't age is due to not really maturing, living a magical adventurous life with the gems) he moved into the house at 8 or earlier.
>>
>>84569002
Haven't kept up with the leaks, is Marty a good guy now or did this happen against his will?
>>
>>84570346
no idea. I'm just gonna watch the ep tomorrow and not try and dig up anymore leeks.
>>
>>84570346
We don't know yet. Drop Beat Dad hasn't leaked entirely. We just know he's aged worse than Greg, he's rolling in dough, and he spends some time with his son Sour Cream after SC was arguing with his step dad Yellowtail
>>
>>84566799
I'm glad the show is actually changing the status quo. The biggest problems the first and half of second season had was that it was too chicken shit to touch the status quo. It's good to see a show actually listen to its critics and at least try to improve.
>>
>>84568914
Yeah, sooner or later he will be waking up with Amy bouncing on his dick, possibly as rose, and his consent will not be respected if he asks her to stop.

Pearl will probably be watching. No expression on her face, cause she's honestly not sure how to feel about it. But she won't stop it. She'll just keep watching. Unblinking.

Greg would rather this not be his life, and that is a respectable decision.
>>
>>84566890
The crew state that Greg pays for everything the gems don't have any kind of money
>>
>>84567299
>First boy
>>
>>84566799
I mean, we already know he owns and maintains multiple properties.
He's not even renting most of them.
>>
>>84572123
But he doesn't want to be first boy. That's why he lost his shit over his stagnant aging.
Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.