[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/tv/ referred me here. I saw an unfinished cut of Doctor Strange
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 15
File: 1468716069695.jpg (120 KB, 691x1024) Image search: [Google]
1468716069695.jpg
120 KB, 691x1024
/tv/ referred me here. I saw an unfinished cut of Doctor Strange during its post-production, and it's a very good movie. I'm here for the hour and can answer some questions.
>>
How many times is Tony Stark mentioned by name?
>>
No thank you.
>>
>>84546962
Was there a stinger at the end of this version? Or was there any other connection to the Marvel Universe?
>>
How many times do you pray to Allah in a day?
>>
>>84546962
Any Infinity Stones?
>>
>>84547096
We already know that the Time Stone is inside the Eye.
>>
What are some goodies? Where is the final fight?
>>
>>84547105
You better give me dome sauce, because that seems like total fucking bullshit.
Why would it be Time and not Soul?
Do you even Doc Strange?
>>
Why would you shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane?
>>
Any juicy cameos?
>>
>>84547145
Cause they already said it'll be the time gem and I think the soul gem is what's in visions forehead
>>
What's the quip frequency? Does it play it on the down low or is it AoU tier?
>>
>>84547029
Three times, I think. Might be more, might be less.

>>84547062
No stinger. But they reference the Civil War movie and you see the Norse Nine Realms that they use on Thor, plus they reference Thanos a lot.

>>84547092
None.

>>84547096
Time. But it's not inside the Eye. It's another amulet that is being guarded by the Ancient One.

>>84547110
Across space and time, between Strange and Mads' character. Shaping up to look impressive.
>>
>>84547178
the mind gem is in Vison.
>>
>>84547178
>soul gem is what's in visions forehead
I thought it was already established that it was the Mind Stone.
Considering it was on Loki's Mind Controlling Scepter and all...
>>
>>84547178
That's the mind gem you nincompoop
>>
Any references to Dormammu?
>>
White washing: How bad is it?

Why a Celtic woman? Does Marvel hate Asians?

How many black people are in it?
>>
How is Wong?
>>
>>84546962
Who is the secret extra-dimensional big bad controlling/influencing/w.e Kaecelius? Is it Chton? Dormammu?
>>
>>84547221
>No Dormmamu or Shuma Gorath.
Literally into the trash it goes.
Fuck this movie and hope it bombs.
Congrats, Marvel Studio ruins yet ANOTHER character.
I'm so mad.
>>
>>84547275

Both would be too much for strange to handle by himself
>>
Any Minorus?
>>
>>84547311
You fucking wot m8.
Does the title of "Sorcerer Supreme" count for nothing?
Have you never or seen any Doc Strange media before the movie?
>>
>>84547221
I'm already not believing you.
What context could Civil War references ever be made in?
>>
>>84547339

I saw this but he had like a group of magic users helping him
>>
File: 1438226270041.jpg (55 KB, 1008x682) Image search: [Google]
1438226270041.jpg
55 KB, 1008x682
Are the fight scenes entirely magic or do they mix in martial arts & weapons?

Does Strange have to rhyme incantations to make more complex spells happen?

Does Mordo do the IT WAS ME STEPHEN heel turn at the end that some have been expecting?
>>
File: latest-2.jpg (953 KB, 2500x1663) Image search: [Google]
latest-2.jpg
953 KB, 2500x1663
>>84547252
>whitewashing
>>
>>84547170
No.

>>84547210
It's a pretty funny movie, but it comes mostly from Cumberbatch, since Stephen Strange is a hilarious asshole for a good portion of the movie. Everyone gets a few snappy lines, though, except Mads and his cronies.

Cumberbatch was surprisingly funny to me, there's a great scene where he berates a gunshot victim who comes to thank him, for taking a bullet meant for another person in a convenience store robbery.
>>
Is the script interesting? Is there unneeded banter? How is the cast?
>>
File: wtfug.jpg (9 KB, 211x194) Image search: [Google]
wtfug.jpg
9 KB, 211x194
>>84547275
>he doesn't understand the concept of sequels
>>84547339
Have you? It's an origin story. He was barely able to take Nightmare when we first met him. And that was years AFTER the origin story. It took him 110 years of publication history to rise to the rank of Sorceror Supreme.
>>
>>84547145
because fiege said how quantum doctor strange and his magic are
>>
>>84547471
*10 years
Although with Strange...
>>
>>84547339
You don't open with Shuma gorath dormammu.
>>
File: ragnarokconcept.jpg (73 KB, 1024x436) Image search: [Google]
ragnarokconcept.jpg
73 KB, 1024x436
>>84547145
Because they've got a movie about a literal death goddess coming up. That called dibs.
>>
>>84547221
Are we going to see the Dormammu dimention?
>>
>>84547246
They reference the "Elder Gods", and one of them has a flaming head. They're seen in silhouettes and wall carvings.

>>84547260
Cool. He's the Ancient One's second-in-command and one of Strange's mentors.

>>84547270
He ostensibly wants to release the Elder Gods, he doesn't directly name one.

>>84547363
There's a television report on how situations are tense after "the superheroes went to war", with a lot of people thinking it has left the world defenseless. The Ancient One also has a line about Humanity's champions being torn apart as their adversary's shadow grows larger or something to that effect.

>>84547405
Mostly magic for Strange, the Ancient One, Wong and Kaecilius. Mordo and Kaecilius' cult do have some kung-fu esque moves.

Yeah, he rhymes for the more complex spells.

Sort of. He's not working for Kaecilius and doesn't want the Elder Gods to destroy the world, but he also doesn't believe in the Ancient One's inherent faith in humanity either.
>>
>>84547596
Sounds perfect.
Here's hoping you're not toying with my emotions, anon.
>>
>>84547442
So he's very House with being a sarcastic dick? Sounds great

Does Strange say "by the hoary hosts of hoggath"
>>
Still kinda salty they didn't just call Mads' character Antony Druid instead.
>>
>>84547451
Yes, it's solid, well-rounded, doesn't have much lagging between the setpieces. Burdened by exposition galore, though.

There's banter, but it felt appropriate.

Solid, too. Good performances around the clock. Mads is a bit wasted, though, as Kaecilius is pretty stoic.

>>84547592
There's a fire world we see, but I'm pretty sure it's from the Thor movies.
>>
>>84547700
He fucking better !!
>>
How heavily featured were Nicodemus West and Rachel Adams' character? I was really worried they'd just adapt The Oath once upon a time.
>>
>>84547700
I think so, he says a lot of those outlandish names, and it's mostly played straight, which is fun.
>>
I HAD MORE QUESTIONS BUT I FORGET WHAT THEY WERE
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
>>
>>84546962

My main concern is how they play him before his accident. Is he a charming dick like Stark or do they make him the total prick he should be from the books? He transition to being a monk-like figure doesn't pay off if he's not a total cunt beforehand.
>>
>>84547776
Nicodemus West is Michael Stuhlbarg's character, right? He's not in it much, he's a colleague of Strange's who operates on him after his accident, but can't restore his nerve endings. They seemed to be rivals early in their career, and Strange blames him for not trying enough to fix his hands out of jealousy, though they make amends in the end.

McAdams' has a bigger role. She's like Strange's only friend, and is a nurse at the hospital where she works and kind of like his consciousness. They appear to have some unspoken feelings for eachother that they don't act on, and she's surprised when he returns to New York. He's grown distant for her own protection, but eventually comes around and she even helps in the end, and is brought to the sanctuary and told the truth in the very last scene.
>>
Do they reference Scarlet Witch at all?
Thor or Loki?
>>
Was there a score in your version? If so how was it? Cause the guy doing it did incredibles and dawn of the planet of the apes so I expect something high tier
>>
>>84546962
>marvel movie
>good

nah
>>
File: 1440973902950.png (54 KB, 207x101) Image search: [Google]
1440973902950.png
54 KB, 207x101
>>84547881
>and is brought to the sanctuary and told the truth in the very last scene.
I'm reading this as "no Clea in the sequel".
>>
>>84547877
Don't worry, he's very dickish. Before the accident, it's that sort of morbidly entertaining dick behavior, like Dr. House. After the accident, however, he gets pretty petty and vindicative with everyone, so when he matures you feel it.
>>
>>84546962
How quippy is it on the scale of 1 to Ultron.
>>
>>84547339
>Does the title "Sorcerer Supreme count for nothing?
>Have you never seen any Doc Strange media before the movie?

clearly you haven't, even at the peak of his powers he can barely manage one of them, if he went 2v1 he would get curbstomped
>>
>>84547922
'kay
>>
>>84547881
>McAdams' has a bigger role. She's like Strange's only friend, and is a nurse at the hospital where she works and kind of like his consciousness. They appear to have some unspoken feelings for eachother that they don't act on, and she's surprised when he returns to New York. He's grown distant for her own protection, but eventually comes around and she even helps in the end, and is brought to the sanctuary and told the truth in the very last scene.

So is she set up to be his future love interest or just friend? Cuz I really want StrangeXClea in the next movie.
>>
>>84547891
Nope.

>>84547910
Temp score. Lots of cues from other Marvel movies, Lord of the Rings, Star Trek, even a bit of Batman.
>>
File: photo.png (61 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
photo.png
61 KB, 250x250
>>84547891
>>
>>84547941
Huh... Five, I guess? There's humor, but it's all fitting and works.
>>
>>84546962

Do they do a time skip during his training or does he go from accident to sorcerer supreme in like week?
>>
Are there any references to other magic Marvel characters?

Are Tina Minoru and Daniel Drumm referenced? (they were in the tie-in comic)

Is Wong a magic user in this incarnation?

How is the Sanctum Sanctorum?
>>
is Howard referenced in any capacity, or his Duck homeworld/dimension?
>>
>there are literally shills on 4chan

I always thought it was just a meme
>>
>>84547963
They don't kiss or anything, but there's definitely some lingering romantic feelings there. The ending is sort of ambiguous, I guess. He takes her hand and shows her the universe, which calls back to both Strange's first encounter with the Ancient One and an earlier scene between him and McAdams, but I guess it can be spun into a simple friendly gesture if they bring another love interest in the sequels.
>>
How's the post-credit scene? any spoilers?
>>
>>84548046
>Realizes this after seeing how the army took info from /pol/, /tv/ getting invaded by Sonydrones and a WB intern telling us that Willem Dafoe will be cast in JL.
Fappening...not even once.
>>
Any Shuma hints?
>>
>>84548001
There's a training montage, but he only really levels up in the final battle.

>>84548020
Not directly.

Not by name. But the Ancient One mentions other mystics that once aided her in protecting the world.

Yes.

Pretty cool. A blend of old and modern, very sleek.

>>84548022
No.
>>
>>84547596
Release gods? Sounds more like Belasco.
>>
>>84548194
How's the chemistry between Mcadams and Cumberbatch? It doesn't sound right on paper but I could be wrong.
>>
>>84548255
Pretty good, sweet and believable. The set up to the showing the world scene is what will make it or break them to the people. Worked for me.
>>
Any cool scenes with the Cloak of Levitation?
Gags like they do with Mjonir?
>>
So no direct appearances/fights with evil gods? Lame
>>
>>84548375
Yes, there's a pretty awesome scene where it serves as a sort of navigation system when Strange is thrown into a zero-G environment. There's also some gags, since it sort of has a life of its own and Strange needs to understand it, not just use it..
>>
How long until he's actually referred to as the sorcerer supreme?
The end of the movie?
>>
>>84548470
Happens right before Kaecelius is killed:
After all these years, i have become Doctor Strange: Sorcerer Supremeâ„¢
>>
>>84548674
You fucked up the trip man. Nice meme though
>>
>>84548470
He's actually never directly referred as that.
>>
>>84546962

When does the film take place?

In Winter Soldier Hydra names Steven Strange as a person who is a threat to them meaning he would need to be Sorcerer Supreme before that movie so is the movie set before events of current movies or is it flashbacks to his origin?
>>
So what's the extent of Stranges powers in this version? What magical feats does he do? Would Wanda do well against him?
>>
>>84548762
or Zola's algorithm predicted he would one day become a threat to Hydra
>>
>>84548762
>In Winter Soldier Hydra names Steven Strange as a person who is a threat to them meaning he would need to be Sorcerer Supreme before that movie

Not really, because Stephen Strange was a well known neurosurgeon
>>
>>84548728
Aren't you breaking laws doing this?
>>
>>84548762
see the Civil War references above. Not a flashback.
>>
>>84548845
>he asks while lurking and posting on 4chan
>>
>>84548778
Back to comicvine with you.
>>
>>84548928
I'm legit asking if they nerfed him like Thor dumbass
>>
>>84548778
He creates energy bolts, energy shields, portals that allow him to teleport, controls fire at one point, he can levitate, he is actually pretty powerful in comparison to Wanda, since all she does is move stuff with her mind.

>>84548845
I've lurked for a while before feeling confident enough to do this. Seen lots of legit stuff leak here lately.

Alright, guys, I'll answer another round and then I'll take off.
>>
>>84549030
Does he give any hints on which side of the Civil War he'd take or about one day joining the Illuminati?
>>
>>84549030
How finished are the VFX? This seems like it would be very VFX-dependent.

Are there horror elements to it?

Do they do it all chronologically, or do they jump back and forth with the present/past like in the trailer?
>>
>>84549030
Any other Easter eggs that come to mind?
>>
Quote some cool lines.

Its much easier to come up with bullshit scene descriptions than dialogue, so quote some lines dawg
>>
>>84549030
how much of Mad's scheme was all part of Mordo's overall plans?
>>
>>84546962
Is Dr. Strange a wizard or they still pushing the technological thing?
>>
>>84547596
There are four Elder Gods:
Chthon
Set
Gaea
Oshtur

Dormammu is not an Elder God.

The fact OP thought Vision had the Soul Gem suggests to me that he may have missed alot of the details when/if saw the early cut of thr movie.
>>
>>84547596
>He ostensibly wants to release the Elder Gods, he doesn't directly name one.

Does anyone in the movie (not just Mads' character) name cosmic entities like Dormammu, Shuma-Gorath, Nightmare, Agamotto, Mephisto, the public domain Cthulhu Mythos characters, Bill Cipher, etc.?
>>
>>84547891
Anyhow, Russos have implied Wanda's powers are hidden so Ancient One and co won't be aware of her.

Besides I suspect any reference to Wanda or Thor or Loki might be left out of early screenings to prevent spoilers.

Remember they knew diddly about Chaos Magic in the comics while Agatha Harkness knew a ton more.

If Mad's is Chthon then could imagine him CGing himself into an image of Wanda and mocking Strange and the AO for being tards.

But its probably Dormammu anyhow as Chthon is an Avengers villain.
>>
File: I_Want_to_Believe.png (536 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
I_Want_to_Believe.png
536 KB, 1024x768
>>
>>84549102
No.

>>84549122
Not very finished. The cityscape shots were mostly rendered, but further into the setpieces there were a lot of animatics and storyboards spliced in. The final battle was like 90% WIP.

Yes, there's some horror elements, mostly from Kaecilius.

Mostly chronological, but there are a few flashbacks and time jumps.

>>84549137
Not that come to mind, but I'm not that versed in the comics.

>>84549161
Not much, they're not in cahoots.

>>84549156
Aren't you a bit of a dick.

Anyway, they might be a little different because I'm pulling from memory.

"The world is filled with dissolutes and vagrants claiming to have seen the extraordinary. I just assumed he was one of them"

"What's the next trick, pulling a rabbit out of a hat?"
"If you prefer I could pull one out of you."

"The Universe does not bend to your will. But it will bend to mine."

"Fighting for yourself is instinct. Fighting for others is sacrifice."

"I'm broken. Please... Please fix me."
"I can't. You'll have to do that yourself."

"So... did you find yourself?"
"More than I expected." (it makes sense in context)

Alright, guys, I'm out.
>>
>>84548778
We have only seen Wanda using a tiny fraction of her power.

And isn't her power meant to be the opposite of Strange's, given his is Knowledge while hers is Emotion.
>>
>>84549731
>Aren't you a bit of a dick.

trust but verify
>>
>>84549731
Thanks OP
>>
>>84549731
There's still no way we'll know this is legit unless a line or scene gets directly quoted in a trailer.

I'm still sceptical, for every 1 legit leak, there's always 4 fake leaks posted here.
>>
>>84549731

Indeed, thank you very much for the report.

I've been very nervous as two of my favorite Marvel heroes, Doctor Strange and Iron Fist, have adaptations coming up. Strange's world, I feel, is a bit less accessible to the mainstream audience so this positive early showing calms my nerves a bit!
>>
>>84549489
>Spoiler
Not sure who's crazier.
You, for proposing that possibility,
Or me for thinking they might just do it, if really, really subtly.
>>
>>84547442
>Stephen Strange is a hilarious asshole for a good portion of the movie
I don't need to know any more. All's right with the world.
>>
File: bill cipher zodiac wheel.jpg (68 KB, 560x420) Image search: [Google]
bill cipher zodiac wheel.jpg
68 KB, 560x420
>>84550091
You know you want to see it.
>>
>>84549731
Surprisingly credible.
>>
>>84549403
They're just the four most noteworthy. There were many that fled into pocket dimensions to escape Atum's hunger.
>>
Bump for interest.
>>
>>84547938

How do they handle the timeline? How long does his change in personality/wizard training take? Days? Weeks? Years?
>>
>>84547275
>actually wanting them to blow those loads in the first movie
>with a newbie Strange

Sorry about that shit taste you've got there anon.
>>
File: 1448505088903.png (913 KB, 739x1036) Image search: [Google]
1448505088903.png
913 KB, 739x1036
>>84550306
"Let's make a graphic for this show centered around mystery solving and ciphers the audience has to figure out and put a bunch of cryptic things in it, but let's have none of it mean anything and barely tie into the narrative at all, and in the end be completely meaningless."
"Why are people upset about my show?"
>>
>>84549731
I like those lines dawg. At least if youre lying youd be a good writer
>>
File: And now... we wait.png (250 KB, 1328x2962) Image search: [Google]
And now... we wait.png
250 KB, 1328x2962
>>
>>84553100
nice work
>>
>>84552795
The show is centered around what it should be: the characters, plots, and humor. The mysteries and ciphers are a bonus that most viewers aren't even going to notice the first time around, if at all. Centering it on stuff that most people won't notice, let alone solve on their own, is a surefire way to get your series shitcanned and forgotten about.

It's like you're complaining about a perfectly good pie because there's too much filling and not enough whipped cream on top.
>>
>>84547145
>Soul

And do you even know Adam Warlock?

I hate this nerd forsaken land. Only normies now
Thread replies: 119
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.