[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
movie base on a book that make a good animation movies if done right.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 8
File: images.jpg (5 KB, 145x138) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5 KB, 145x138
i guess comic books are welcome to.
>>
File: 632579.jpg (107 KB, 317x475) Image search: [Google]
632579.jpg
107 KB, 317x475
I'd watch an age of fire movie.

The first and third books were goat.
>>
>>84545579
I like Foxcraft better.
>>
File: clan.ground1.jpg (628 KB, 600x914) Image search: [Google]
clan.ground1.jpg
628 KB, 600x914
>>84546625
Interesting cover. Plot?

1: Clare Bell's The Named series. Sure, Ratha's Creature had a semi-crappy CBS Storybreak episode, but come on. It deserved more.

2: CJ Cherryh's Chanur Series

3: The Dresden Files. The live-action show was shit.
>>
>>84546793
Talking foxes, much like talking cats in Warriors.

Isla the young fox is living on the outskirts of a large city, until she gets home to find her home burnt to the ground, her family missing, and a nasty looking fox smelling of burnt embers wanting her family dead. She escapes into the city trying to find her family, where she runs into a somewhat-friendly fox who works to teach her fox magic and has some unknown motivations of his own.

It does a fairly good description of everything, from descriptions of running through meadows to details about the strange city to how it presents the fox magic. It's never outright called "magic", but rather going through what Isla feels and sees when its happening or when she does it. Inbali Iserles is actually one of the ghost writers for Erin Hunter, so it is somewhat similar writing.
>>
File: the abandoned paul gallico.jpg (45 KB, 333x499) Image search: [Google]
the abandoned paul gallico.jpg
45 KB, 333x499
Wouldn't literally anything be good "if done right"?
>>
File: the silent miaow.jpg (24 KB, 252x320) Image search: [Google]
the silent miaow.jpg
24 KB, 252x320
>>
File: sg.jpg (81 KB, 413x525) Image search: [Google]
sg.jpg
81 KB, 413x525
>>84545579
>>
The Golden Pot by E.T.A. Hoffmann
>>
I've been wanting Warrior Cats to get an animated movie for YEARS now.

But if they did a movie, it might be best if they did an original plot instead of basing one on an actual book since there's so many books.

I'd also prefer it to be traditional animation rather than cgi, but cgi could work if done right to
>>
>>84546793
>Chanur
Dunno how many people would go for it.
plus all the implied human on cat sex
>>
>>84547449
Those were fun.
>>
Animorphs
>>
>>84549598
came here to say this
>>
>>84549326
That doesn't start to become an actual thing until Chanur's Homecoming. The other books is just Tully learning to act hani. They can easily leave out the sexual stuff. The first 4 books treated it as nearly an afterthought, being confined to internal monologue.
>>
>>84545579
I heard one of the reasons why they didn't make a Warrior Cats movie yet is because of how violent the books are.
>>
>>84550184
Reviving older properties into newer streams like movies animated or not tend to be messy and complicated. I don't see it happening.
but it is fun to speculate, and how awesome would it be to have humans actually be non major in a large budget movie. I'd be hyped.
>>
>>84545579
I would love to see a Discworld animated series but i don't think it'll ever happen.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.