[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Marvel making shite comics to please "them" >DC
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 9
File: SUPqxZv9.jpg (24 KB, 300x389) Image search: [Google]
SUPqxZv9.jpg
24 KB, 300x389
>Marvel making shite comics to please "them"
>DC walking off cause "they" dont like it
I like the future of where comics are going
It's like watching videogames slowly becoming stagnant cause of their political views
>>
What are you even talking about

Like I know this is some sort of sjw thing because of the picture you used but what does this have to do with video games
>>
Too many creators and publishers are letting the audience dictate the material instead of doing whatever the fuck they want.
>>
>>84535831
The ones working for massive billion dollar corporations are. It's kind of the whole point.

Just read better comics.
>>
>>84535775
DELETE THIS

MODS PLEASE

IM BEING OFFENDED

/co/ IS MY SAFE SPACE
>>
>>84535865
I do. Am I not able to comment on it regardless?
>>
On the brightside this is great for any independent comic publishers. While DC and Marvel continue to push out shit, any comic anyone else writes no matter how mediocre is gonna look like a pile of freshly picked tulips as long as they're not bending their knees to any polictial agendas.
>>
Honest question, OP: do you really think that capeshit's pandering to sociopolitical flavors is something new and hasn't been happening for the past eight decades?

And do you feel obligated to buy whatever the Big 2 put out, regardless of the subjects or quality of their content?
>>
File: Take a stand.jpg (147 KB, 736x1137) Image search: [Google]
Take a stand.jpg
147 KB, 736x1137
>>
>>84535831

Even ignoring the SJW angle.....you're stupid. Comics have been on the decline to the point of obscurity for YEARS now. Digital books, Ipads and cellphones. No one gives a shit about comics. Take a look when you go out. They aren't big sellers. You know what is? Movies. Videogames. Your little books don't matter. They never will again. IF anything, this is the writers and creative staff 'doing whatever the fuck they want' because the actual comic part of the comic industry doesn't matter. Iron Woman can Gwenpool straight up Beasts catface all the way to woman Thor no Xmen anymore and no one cares. Just you. Comics don't dictate where the media goes anymore, it's a flopping relic of where the characters came from.

Yes, the audience dictates the material. You stupid ass.
>>
>>84535826
>Like I know this is some sort of sjw thing because of the picture you used but what does this have to do with video games
It's all part of the same Gamergate mentality.
>>
>>84535826
Probably a gamergator
>>
>>84535939
OP thinks that the stagnation in triple-A game design is somehow related to politics so I don't think they actually thought much of anything through.

Also this year's been really good with video games so I think it's probably just /v/ being a shitter
>>
File: >it's a "both kinds" issue.jpg (291 KB, 1000x1124) Image search: [Google]
>it's a "both kinds" issue.jpg
291 KB, 1000x1124
>>84535775
You mean "the future of two publishers" because you obviously know jackshit about "comics".

Just read something else fambae.
>>
>>84535986
oh God, I can't believe /v/ is still going on about that shit, probably their most pathetic moment.
>>
You know if half of you guys stopped pirating comic books maybe they'd still be trying to cater to your tastes and looking for new cows to milk.
>>
>>84536033
*and not looking for new cows to milk.
>>
>>84535775
>>DC walking off cause "they" dont like it

wat.
>>
File: Treat your Lizardbros well.jpg (315 KB, 841x1200) Image search: [Google]
Treat your Lizardbros well.jpg
315 KB, 841x1200
Why despair?
Simply abandon the bloated and dying corpse of comics and go to the wonderful world of MANGA

Where you can read a perverted old man drug and molest a giantess so hard she bursts out of her clothing!
>>
>>84536130
Remember Pearl Harbor, Billy.
>>
>>84536130
> manga
> not worse than western comic books
I know that our standards are low, but come fucking on.
>>
>>84535775
The persecution complex inherent in this is hilarious.
>>
>>84535775
>>Marvel making shite comics to please "them"
The Jews?
>>
>>84535775
It's good to hear that you only read Marvel and DC and even then have only been doing it for about two or three years, friend.
>>
>>84536010
I love this image
>>
>>84535883
>Implying mods aren't of the same mold

>>84535959
>Take a look when you go out.

I do, I see quite a few people reading comics.
Though I'm not in the US.
It's almost as if your idiotic rambling was entirely based on your little, biased, insignificant direct experience.
>>
>>84536225
>worse that capeshit

You must have some kind of mental retardation, go to the nearest doctor asap.
>>
>>84536130
source?
>>
>>84536384
>not reading non-cape western comics
Get a clue.
>>
>>84536390
Looks like a page from Uchigawa no Seishi no Yorokobi
>>
>>84535775
Yes, because who plays videogames anymore?
>>
>>84536384
>nakama nakama nakama
Stuff like this is like 90% of manga
>>
>>84536449
>>84536390

isai no hime
>>
>>84536130
I just wanna say before this thread 404s, Berserk is shit. Enjoy your edgy magical girl comic.
>>
File: 1361770008491.gif (309 KB, 720x480) Image search: [Google]
1361770008491.gif
309 KB, 720x480
>>84536431
I did and I solved the case.

The murdered: western cape comics.
The murderers: adult balding man and fat women with a thirst for sex and a life of underachievements.
The location: the USA.
The weapon: whiny posts and videos on the internet.

Case closed.
>>
>>84535775
Yes, this is the entertaining comic stuff I came to read.

Yes, it's really ruining comics when they're trying to appeal to young adults and teens. Unlike the OLD days...
>>
>>84536487
>white guilt white guilt white guilt

Stuff like this is 100% of capecomics.
>>
>>84535775

what is this referring to?
>>
>>84536539
>Yes, it's really ruining comics when they're trying to appeal to young adults and teens

They're trying to appeal to manchildren.
Which is why you're reading them.
>>
>>84535775
Who's them and they?
>>
>>84536514
>Read the first chapter
>Could have had fun times with a girl and her lizard bro
Such a shame.
>>
>>84536539

But you don't understand: kids these days suck. Like they actually do. It's different from when the previous generation said it, and the generation before them said it and the generation before them said it, and the generation before them said it.

This generation of kids and their interests these days really do suck and will doom us all in a way that no previous generation has.

Mark my words!
>>
>>84535775
What I want to know is, how the hell did SJWs consolidate themselves as the authority in fiction across all media? Are they so rich, they could practically buy Western culture overnight?
>>
>>84536528
Berserk used to be great from Volume 1 to Volume 21, then it slowly devolved, by volume 29-30 Guts had become a side character and got replaced by a moe witch and her band of kids.
>>
The problem lies in the day when men decided that women deserve rights and ridiculous concepts like "rape" and "domestic abuse" which, by the way, are as retarded as a dog taking you to court for stepping on its paw, started existing.
>>
File: 1460040572262.png (241 KB, 571x573) Image search: [Google]
1460040572262.png
241 KB, 571x573
>>84536602
>>
>>84536130
No thank you. I like my fights to not be two ugly figures contorted in a panel filled with lots of lines instead of a background.
>>
>>84536619
It boils down to men being thirsty as fuck and nodding their heads in agreement to anything a woman says so they can fuck 'em. This is all gonna come to a screeching halt when VR comes into full swing.
>>
>>84536603
the sjw "movement" is literally funded 100% by the central banks

george soros singlehandedly founded occupy, black lives matter, and femen

and the central banks have literally infinite money since they literally have a license to print it
>>
>>84536130
Manga is comics though.
>>
>>84536642
vr will never happen

pokemon go singlehandedly killed vr by making mobile gaming the absolute defacto standard for all future gaming
>>
>>84536602
>It's different this time, I promise!
If this last generation of 4channers is any indication I might be inclined to agree with you.
>>
>>84536633
Wait... i have to check something
CU.CK
KEK
>>
>>84536602
Kids nowadays don't suck any more than kids in previous generations did. The difference is that with the ubiquitousness and expanse of social media, kids have the ability to record their stupid antics onto the web forever, and these accumulate non-stop, so kids grow up without ever being challenged or told to cut being immature little shits. Kids are not encouraged to grow up anymore.
>>
File: triple.jpg (88 KB, 538x627) Image search: [Google]
triple.jpg
88 KB, 538x627
>Trump becomes president
>Marvel writers become maximum overtriggered
>Every villain in the MU becomes a Trump allusion because fuck subtlety
>everyone realizes Marvel is full of manchild liberal faggots and stops reading
>DC's profits when
>>
>>84535883
Do you really not see the hypocrisy in your post?
>>
>>84535907
>Indie comics are going to benefit off of this pandering.
Indie comics pander to this niche much more than the big two, man.
>>
>>84536010
>le Big 2 are the same XD

One company makes liberal propaganda. The other has superheroes doing super things.
>>
>>84536744
Sounds like they fucking suck more, they are disgusting failures of people. Just looking at them makes me want to slap them across the face until they cry their little fucking bitch tears, for which I will beat them harder, for crying in public. Like a woman.
>>
>>84536630
Fuck modern children, I can't believe you actually defend those losers. What do you can by protecting their 'pwecious wittle fweelings'? THey don't deserve that, they don't deserve antyhing other than a goddamn steel toe boot to their fucking faces over and voer til it resembles a bruised eggplant with shitty glasses and a double triple chin.
>>
>>84536744
lol you are litterally speaking about millenial /co/mblr
>>
>>84536130
Rip based scalie ;_;
>>
>>84535775
You know what would be a better idea then bitching about an audience we don't belong to and ultimately have little control over?

Discussing comics that we like. Or just discussing comics in general instead of bitching about a shitty fad
>>
>>84537082
MCGA
>>
>>84537345
Because fuck you you whiny little bitch, go be triggered over someone talking about something you don't like over to your safe space while I wish police kick down your door, drag you out into the public, and after beating you within an inch of your worthless tumblr life shave that disgusting rainbow dyed hair off your fucking head.
>>
>>84537426
>telling someone else to stop being triggered while being triggered

kek
>>
>>84537515
I am not triggered, I am fucking angered and disgusted over how fundimentally pathetic and worthless this current generation is, how weak and unmanly they are, how they show emotions in broad daylight without everyone slapping his shit in and telling him to man up.
>>
>>84536487
There are other genre than shounen, you know.
And they amount for more contents that what comics got outside of the big two.
>>
>>84537681
Fetish shit, Dickgirls. Horse Demon Rape, Tentacles, Otaku rape fantasy. There's a lot to choose from if you're a fucking degen.
>>
>>84537300
Well, duh. You think people here are in their 40s or what?
>>
Give me back the good old days when we could oppress sexual and ethnical minorities!
>>
>>84537786
Fuck off, don't pretend you actually care about them, they are scum, you are compelled by human nature to hate their guts for being both different and in smaller numbers than you, why fight it? Our greatest era, the Victorian era, didn't, and it was our golden age.
>>
File: 1373794803020.png (210 KB, 536x349) Image search: [Google]
1373794803020.png
210 KB, 536x349
>>84537870
Kill yourself, my man.
>>
>>84537929
Why? For speaking the truth? You pathetic sjws, you always love painting yourselves as the enlightened ones, but the sad reality is you're just deluded, hate, resentment, oppression, these are infinitely more honest than your false ideals of 'equality' and 'universal love'
>>
>>84535907
DC has been pretty fucking diverse since before the 80's. Marvel is trying catch up to them in that regard.
>>
>>84535953
Kek
>>
File: 1272330576983.jpg (21 KB, 640x464) Image search: [Google]
1272330576983.jpg
21 KB, 640x464
>>84537985
I genuinely can't tell if you faggots are kidding anymore.
Neo-4chan really is just what I understand reddit to have been in ~2011.

Horseshoes everywhere.
>>
>>84535826

Games are being censored, radically changed, or not made to begin with to pander to fat dykes who do not play them to begin with.
>>
>>84536026
>oh God, I can't believe /v/ is still going on about that shit
the world still needs heroes
Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.