[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So i've only read the rebirth 0 issue, and with everything
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
So i've only read the rebirth 0 issue, and with everything coming out now I feel a little overwhelmed
What would you recommend /co/?

What do you feel is a MUST read?

What books continue the whole Dr. Manhattan threat? is it just the flash(potentially, i don't know if any of them have kept up)

What would you say is a waste of time? I'd love to discuss thing before hitting up my LCS today...
>>
A lot of people say green arrow, I'd go with wonder woman honestly
>>
>>84532430
>I'd go with wonder woman honestly
Rucka is arguably the biggest SJW shill in the industry. Stay far away from his WW.
>>
>must read
Green Arrow

>waste of time
everything else
>>
>>84532390
>What books continue the whole Dr. Manhattan threat?
Titans so far
>>
>>84532642
What happened? Everyone here was hyping Rucka's run.
>>
>>84532390
Nightwing Rebirth is great.
>>
>>84532711
No, that was just people singing Ding Dong the Finch is Dead.
>>
>>84532737
Ah, I hadn't being paying much attention. The new 52 run was bad, but rebirth surely can't be worse?
>>
>>84532747
Depends if you're Ruckafag or not.
>>
>>84532747
It is not worse, correct.
>>
>>84532642
>being this booty blasted
Go home Frank. You're drunk.
>>
>>84532642
The author being a SWJ does not equal to his work being bad. The three WW issues were great.
>>
>>84532747
Azzerello's run was great. Finch's run was garbage. People were hyping up Rucka's run because it wasn't Finch's, but then the very first issue was just Rucka shitting on Azz's run and throwing everything he did out.

Which, I mean, is standard procedure for Wonder Woman writers, but he still threw out the works of a good WW run and Rucka's run so far hasn't been particularly interesting.
>>
>>84532866
>pushing a political agenda is OK as long as its MY political agenda
Wow, this place really is /co/mblr.
>>
>>84532894
It's simply that I don't see his SJW antics in the three issues so far. When WW starts spewing tumblr nonsense that'll be another story entirely.
>>
>>84532885
How'd he throw it out?
>>
>>84532390
The only thing that is legit bad is Justice League. I think my favourites have been OG and New Superman, Nightwing, Green Arrow and Green Lanterns. Everything else at least pretty good but if you have a limited budget/time I'd take those ones.
>>
Most of the DC Rebirth books that have come out are pretty good but none have continued the whole Dr. Manhattan deal so far. Seems like Titans might touch on it eventually since Wally is there
>>
>>84534018
>ut none have continued the whole Dr. Manhattan deal so far.

Johns put that as the bitch he is to the suits, there's no plan.
>>
>>84534036

The solicits sound like Flash ans Titans are going to be touching back on those plot threads here in the fall.
>>
>>84534135
action comics also have the guy that's believed to be ozymandias looking at superman through monitors.
>>
>>84532711
Rucka triggered Chofags and Azzfags
>>
>>84533384
The current premise is that everything about new 52 wonder woman has been a giant lie and how she's going to uncover the truth.
>>
>>84534261
For real? I'm currently one trade in before I'm done reading Azz' run and I thought about picking up Rucka's afterward (don't really care about the current controversy). But if it's true and that everything as been retconned then fuck this shit.
>>
File: 1465267920748.png (849 KB, 1219x717) Image search: [Google]
1465267920748.png
849 KB, 1219x717
>>84532688
>Nightwing
>bad
>>
>>84534335
Canon doesn't matter
>>
If you want to follow Rebirth's story, you'll have to pick up Titans because Wally will be the main star of that book.

Don't buy Flash besides maybe Rebirth issue, it's shit and has nothing to do with the main story.
>>
File: change.jpg (1 MB, 1800x2767) Image search: [Google]
change.jpg
1 MB, 1800x2767
>>84534335
It's not actually retconned, not yet at least.

Diana's simply aware now that she has had many different and contradictory origin stories and memories, and she sets out to find out what's the deal. For all we know, it may tie in with Manhattan stealing years and relationships.
>>
>>84532390
Batman is must read. Best writer on DC's most popular character.

Green Arrow is the best it's been since Lemire's run and could get better. Probably a must read for Green Arrow fans.

Titans seems to be the comic most closely following the Watchmen stuff, but they probably won't really pick that story up for a while.

The other stuff seems mostly decent but not anything special so far.
>>
File: 23.png (226 KB, 512x256) Image search: [Google]
23.png
226 KB, 512x256
>>84532390

>What do you feel is a MUST read?

Superman
Flash
Nightwing

>What would you say is a waste of time?

Green Arrow **unless you are a SJW**
Wonder Woman **if you loved Azzarello's run**
Aquaman **c'mon...**
>>
File: ASDSAF.png (103 KB, 241x286) Image search: [Google]
ASDSAF.png
103 KB, 241x286
>>84532747
> The new 52 run was bad
>>
>>84537425
>Flash

> must

bro just buy the daniel west trade. it is the same story with better art at least.
>>
>>84537425
>Aquaman **c'mon...**
Aquaman is nice so far, Sark was cool.
>>
>>84532866

> The three WW issues were great
> Implying that anything happens in any of them
>>
>>84534261
>>84534335
I mean, New 52 Wondy DID retcon everything before it.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.