[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we fix Spider-Man co?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6
File: Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_1_700.jpg (960 KB, 994x1528) Image search: [Google]
Amazing_Spider-Man_Vol_1_700.jpg
960 KB, 994x1528
Slott needs to be removed. He read his first Spidey story in Marvel Team Up and is trying to mimic that bullshit in all his stories. Peters entire supporting cast seems so fucking scattered because of this.

We need a core supporting cast. Right now we have old friends, Parker Industries Employees, SHIELD, superheroes buddies, alchemax and they all DONT jell together. Only Slott is able to be this shit.

Also Marriagefags gtfo; we get it MJ is OTP but getting them together won't fix shit. You have half of the 90s as an example on how bad they can get.
>>
File: misletoe.jpg (100 KB, 656x984) Image search: [Google]
misletoe.jpg
100 KB, 656x984
MJ is bae doe
>>
>>84531235
MJ fags are literally cancer.
>>
>>84531246
I like you
>>
Rob Thomas is going to replace him sooner than later
Silk, Venom and Spidey already
he's basically the B-team but the only fun books in the line besides Spider-Woman and Carnage
Slott's slippin and everyone knows it including Marvel that's why there grooming his replacement
>>
>>84531502
it's going to be conway
>>
>>84531201
Spiderman is a comic that has run its course and has refused progression when Pete unmasked during civil war.

There's still good comics to made from the IP, but the 616 canon is fucked.
>>
>>84531201

I think DCYou had the right idea. It isn't a commercially viable idea it seems, but it was a good idea that can produce good stories. But there are continuity-fags and you gotta jerk those off too.

I'm all for having a main series that consists of just one book for a character / team, and those books have shared continuity. But also have regular mini-series for most characters, and those series are anything-goes, just let the writers do what they want. No shared continuity, no continuity at all (unless the writer wants to do that). And have those mini-series be there every single month as an alternative for people tired of continuity restrictions.

I guess that's the solution not just to Spider-Mans problems, but to capes in general.
>>
>>84532232
The problem with marvel is that its BUILT on continuity.
As much as DC fans want continuity the fact is their constant reboots are essential for survival yknow? How many iconic mini series or one off stories are lauded in the DCU?

You got Morrisons work, Crisis, Year One and All Star Superman etc etc.

That's their strength! Kingdom Come was amazing in it's iconibility and the legacy it left behind.

Then in the MU you get Marvels which relies heavily on continuity. Marvel's success has always been built on that and CHANGE. Look at their reccomendations, its always good runs written by good writers. That's always their way. I mean honestly you could have them try the DC method but Idk.

There is a reason Marvels consistently on top.
>>
>>84532618

Yeah, I know that continuity is more important for Marvel. They're the cliché comics company, like what you think of when you think of cape comics. I don't mean that in a bad way.

Nonetheless I think there would be many people who would be one-off stories that are not in the main continuity. Marvel Noir was good in that way and other stuff can be too.
>>
>>84531246
They spread like aids.
>>
File: Renew your Vows #1.jpg (625 KB, 2360x3206) Image search: [Google]
Renew your Vows #1.jpg
625 KB, 2360x3206
They're already working on fixing it

>inb4 "Fuck you marriagefag"
That's a fix not only because of MJ that is however still an element of it, but because Peter had the chance to grow up, becoming a father and finally taking his responsibilities instead of cursing them all the time

We'll see how they are going to take the job problem, since in the miniseries it wasn't an important element and just working for Jonah could still work, but it would be preferable if he'd find a job that he could really like
>>
>>84535083
They already picked a writer who's actually good, so that counts as fixing it.
I don't hate Slott as much as the rest of /co/, but I don't like him either. He was always "meh" compared to good writers like Stern or Conway.
>>
>>84535083
>have kids
But that would mean that Parker got lucky.
I like my unlucky Parker version.
>>
>>84535255
What Spider books have you been reading? Pete's been fucking chicks left and right for years.
>>
>>84535255
>Parker has slept with 4 super heroes 2 super models and implied he slept with an inhuman fish girl

>unlucky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWBHMAg4xzY
>>
>>84535083
Is this an alter universe or there will be an another set of MJ and Peter running around in the main MU?
>>
>>84531201
Is spiderman still black?
>>
>>84535552
>4 superheroes
I can only recall Black Cat
>>
>>84535558
AU.
It's based on a miniseries of 5 issues published during Secret Wars with the same title. It was storytimes a few days ago, when it was announced
Maybe you can find it in the archives, if I remember correctly OP's post said "They're back"
The bad guy and the climax where pretty lame, but the family elements were really good
>>
>>84535577
only way you get 4 is if you mix ultimate universe
Silver Sable
Brainwash Marrow this this really happen
Silk
Shadow cat

Also if you count just dating h has been with 5 super models one of which was a black woman.

Actually all Petey needs to do is neck a native American and I'm pretty sure you can say he has dated all races of people and culture in his life.
>>
>>84535651
must have been it was a top seller for the event.
>>
File: 1468671701569.jpg (361 KB, 704x593) Image search: [Google]
1468671701569.jpg
361 KB, 704x593
>>84531201
>Marvel
>salvageable

Check your quality privilege
>>
>>84535696
but has he gone gay?
>>
Who is doing the Spiderman/Deadpool book? That's actually good.
>>
>>84535766
It's Kelly
>>
>>84535766
Joe Kelly
>>
>>84535754
yes
>>
File: good end feels.png (806 KB, 1001x823) Image search: [Google]
good end feels.png
806 KB, 1001x823
>>84535083
>Red and Black instead of Red and Blue
>MJ and Peter never divorced
>Annie is okay
>everything is objectively better
Best Timeline.
>>
>>84535870
>>MJ and Peter never divorced
They didn't divorce in the 616 timeline either. A divorce would make Peter feel too old. A pact with the devil is much better

>>everything is objectively better
Well, almost all the heroes are dead in that timeline, so the "objectively" part is up to debate.
It's not refused and is debatable because in the 616 timeline they spend more time fighting each other then fighting criminals, but it's not objectively better
>>
>>84535968
>They didn't divorce in the 616 timeline either.
you know what I mean, they are still together
>Well, almost all the heroes are dead in that timeline, so the "objectively" part is up to debate.
Well that just means the world can have NEW hero's who DON'T fight each other. That and it seems that This timeline directly diverged at some point Pre-OMD and thus none of the bullshit of post-OMD is there, meaning this is like a peak into a world where marvel never did OMD
>>
>>84535255
>Implying .

>>84520515
>>
>>84536060
It didn't appear to diverge in a pre-OMD point, it looked more like some elements were just different for the sake of it and, since it was an AU and not strictly a different timeline, it's totally fine
For example Cap had an A on his chest instead of a star so that it can stand not two times for France? and Peter had never been an Avenger. If anything, he appeared to have actively avoided any contact with most of the other superheroes
>>
Does this Mean that Reed and MM restored all realities?
That means Ultimate U must have been restored too...
>>
>>84538263
Technically they are still working about restoring them. They have just focused on one that will sell for sure
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.