[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey, /co/ I'm looking for quality series runs outside the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: conan.jpg (22 KB, 204x300) Image search: [Google]
conan.jpg
22 KB, 204x300
Hey, /co/ I'm looking for quality series runs outside the obvious and usual. (I.E. Sandman, Lee's FF, Claremont's X-men)

What's your favorite series run on any book that you feel like no one talks or knows about?

Let's give each other some quality runs. I submit my own of Roy Thomas on Conan.
>>
>>84523278
I lke RT on Conan, but not mich else.

Both Marvel Team up and Marvel two in One are full of quality but rarely mentioned.

Simonson Get's alot of love, Lee/Kirby Thor is awesome.

Over at DC I'd say the first 38 issues of Kamandi deserve to be more widely read.
>>
Badger is the best comic ever.
>>
>>84523278
Alan Moore's run on "Supreme"
the first four years of "Lady Death" by Brian Pulido (yeah, I fucking said it)
"Battle Pope"
Thor by Walt Simonson
"What If?"...all of the classic series was comickino
>>
>>84523864
Just about anything by Mike Baron, really.
And Steve Gerber.
>>
>>84524055
Mike Baron's initial run on Punisher is my favorite Punisher run. Better than Ennis
>>
Steve Gerber's Defenders doesn't get enough love for a comic that was as solid if not better than the Avengers run of the same era.
>>
>>84525547
It's because Man-Thing, Omega, and Howard the Duck are a lot better.
>>
>>84525685
>It's because Man-Thing, Omega, and Howard the Duck are a lot better.

> Man-Thing, Omega, and Howard the Duck

>Omega

No.
>>
>>84523278
Roy Thomas' Invaders was also solid.
>>
The Shadow by Baker and Helfer
Tom Strong by Moore and Sprouse and a bunch of really fun guests
Wolverine by Claremont, Buscema, and Janson
>>
>>84524055
Mostly the Bill Reinholds, which werecalways original and excellent (and many of the fill-ins had great art too)
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.