[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did anyone think wonder woman was wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: breakzack_zps2f5a5354.jpg (44 KB, 480x358) Image search: [Google]
breakzack_zps2f5a5354.jpg
44 KB, 480x358
Did anyone think wonder woman was wrong?
>>
she was 100% right
>>
>>84517053
As in she made the wrong decision? Not really. Was it out of character? Yes.
>>
Superman and Batman are both cowards. WW has more balls than both of them combined.
>>
SUPERHEROES NEVER KILL is one of the worst brainbugs that had affected comics.

They sure as hell shouldn't be going punisher all day e'rry day but in those situations where the only way to save the day and protect the innocent is to actually strike down the actual bad guy who's the threat they should just get it done even if there's regret in having to do so.

Like in the OP its not as if she was just killing random criminals she encountered just because, the response of her comrades was a nonsensical overreaction even if it could be acceptable/plausible from someone as death-phobic as Batman considering his personal trauma.
>>
File: 35_The_OMAC_Project_02pdf-008.jpg (220 KB, 720x800) Image search: [Google]
35_The_OMAC_Project_02pdf-008.jpg
220 KB, 720x800
reminder that booster was right
>>
File: WW vs necks.jpg (3 MB, 1496x5224) Image search: [Google]
WW vs necks.jpg
3 MB, 1496x5224
>>84517053
I see nothing wrong
>>
>>84517302
did he?
>>
What's so wrong about her holding a sword, OP?
>>
>>84517235
I share the opinion of Goliath in this case were Gargoyles kill in the heat of battle but not playing the executioner.
Superheroes should always try to hold back until there are enemies they encounter that are too strong and/or too our of control.
In this case if they don't do it no one can.
>>
>>84517302
No, the Brother Eye thing was actually a great idea.
>>
>>84517382
No.
>>
>>84517444
i hate when they make batman a karma houdini
>>
>>84517053
That's about the most justified lethal force I've ever seen.
>>
>>84517444
What happened?
>>
>>84517053
Kal-L did. He broke reality over this.
>>
>>84517525
What a faggot
>>
>>84517053
You're allowed to kill robots, insect like aliens, demons, and the undead. Those are the rules.
>>
>>84517104

She had been killing monsters in her own book in quite some number in the few years leading up to this story.

Diana doesn't have an archaic no-killing rule, she has said multiple times that killing is *exactly* what you do to unredeemable monsters. The only possible out-of-character stretch was that she decided a human fit that definition but no, readers at the time did not see it as out of character.
>>
>>84517053
One can argue that the story was bad for putting her in that position when they could've literally written anything else

However, in the context of the story, killing somebody when...

> they are a threat to you, your best friends and the rest of the planet
>they admitted while under magic truth serum "if you don't kill me, I will not stop"

is probably not a breach of ethics. I'm not a philosopher but I think most would agree with me on this
>>
>>84518212
So WW would kill the Joker?
>>
>>84517302
>>84517382
>>84517444

Why would he? That was Johnsman's fault, not Batman's.
>>
>>84517053
I was totally on her side this time.
>>
>>84517302
I don't know why but whenever someone calls Batman on his shit I gain so much respect for them.
>>
>>84518825
No. She would just rape him.
>>
Greg only writes within the context of the story, and within the context of the story Diana did what she thought was the only course of action at that moment. It was a difficult decision to make, and one that she and others were right to question after the fact, because the day when heroes stop questioning the taking of lives is the day they should stop being heroes.
>>
Who cares

It was a shit event
>>
>>84517053
Hard to say, even this long after the fact. I DO think that the decision to turn Max Lord into a murdering mastermind was bullshit though
>>
>>84517509
He created OMAC
>>
>>84518142
Well to be fair, 3 out of those 4 rarely have sentience, and even the 4th one can be optional. Hell, Zombies are already dead.
>>
>>84517053
>woman
>wrong

spotted the misogynerd
>>
>>84517392

Keeping the pasta alive, good show old chap.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.