[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the original music really necessary to enjoy Daria?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4
File: 71YOI6XprNL._SL1425_.jpg (134 KB, 1000x1425) Image search: [Google]
71YOI6XprNL._SL1425_.jpg
134 KB, 1000x1425
Is the original music really necessary to enjoy Daria?
>>
>>84512062
No, but the music did add to it.
It's kinda like how a cupcake doesn't NEED frosting, but it's better with it.
>>
>>84512062

No, but it enhances it. Certainly makes it feel more "90s".

Now Beavis & Butthead is a totally different show without the music video segments. The pacing of the story segments is all fucked up without those video bits.
>>
Only for certain episodes like Arts n Crass and Quinn the Brain and Road Worrier
>>
>>84512062
I only watched the DVD version that didn't have the music and I liked it just fine. But I listen to shitty 90s music all the time anyway so I wasn't missing anything.
>>
File: valentines_by_s_c.jpg (517 KB, 1700x1400) Image search: [Google]
valentines_by_s_c.jpg
517 KB, 1700x1400
>>84512062
I watched both; watching the DVD version first. And you don't need it to enjoy the show.

It is cool though, especially with the fan theory that if a song is playing, it's one stuck in the head of a character in the scene or that comes to their mind because of what they're experiencing.
>>
Anyone got a link to the series with the original music?
>>
>>84517790

Yes.
>>
>>84517803
oh, good
>>
>>84517827

Indeed.
>>
File: zone28a.jpg (32 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
zone28a.jpg
32 KB, 400x300
>>84514127
>Certainly makes it feel more "90s".
This, and seeing that this is a very stereotypical 90s show it's almost mandatory.
>>
Does Daria stop with the annoying one-liners after the first episode?
>>
File: Daria_078.jpg (302 KB, 995x742) Image search: [Google]
Daria_078.jpg
302 KB, 995x742
>>84512062
50/50.

It really helps when there are scenes like the one where Daria is running through an internal monologue and makes a comment very similar or in-line with the lyrics of the song.

Otherwise, it's can be considered nostalgia at this point.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.