[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so let's pretend Silver Surfer was given to someone who
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: silver surfer.jpg (242 KB, 781x557) Image search: [Google]
silver surfer.jpg
242 KB, 781x557
so let's pretend Silver Surfer was given to someone who could do a film justice.

what would you like to see
>>
Norrin removed from any one specific narrative, just exploring the cosmos, fleshing out cosmic MCU.

He's very tied to the whole galactus thing though, in a way where i can't see them using him for anything else in the MCU
>>
I don't think fox could give me anything I would want.
>>
File: 1447842681946.jpg (288 KB, 1280x1954) Image search: [Google]
1447842681946.jpg
288 KB, 1280x1954
>>84502710
>>
>>84502749

Yeah, Id love to see the space stuff explored but Im having a hard time thinking up what could count for a narrative.

Something about him experiencing life and cultures and slowly regaining his memories of Zen La and turning away from Galactus is a bit cliche but if you filled the film with enough cool space stuff Id be happy

>>84502766

well let's pretend fox isn't involved
>>
guillermo del toro
doug jones(and use his voice this time)

after having forsaken his position as the herald of galactus Norrin decides he must commit himself to bettering the universe. he comes across a Korbinite Fleet and attacks it thinking it is an invasion fleet of some kind. He has a confrontation with the Korbinite's protector
>>
>>84502710
Origin
>>
Silver Surfer Requiem directed by Wong Kar Wai
>>
>>84502871
Well, you can't really get 100% away from Galactus no matter how hard you tried. If you assume that Silver Surfer is introduced in a Galactus movie, betrays him, and goes on to develop his own life, that could be your set up.
Trying to find an opponent to fight is a waste of time (but no one would allow a movie to be made without one so the dream dies here), so the primary conflict is Silver Surfer trying to use his power to make up for a life of evil.

At this point I have to point out that Silver Surfer works much better as a mini-series or tv show.

Surfer trying to solve people's problems, only to have it blow up in his face. Frustration with the inadequacies of various species. Trying to stop an intergalactic war between two species (your best bet for a movie conflict). Averting planetsry scale catastrophes.
Etc.
>>
>>84502710
I'd love it to be kind of like the vision, where there's all kinds of crazy shit happening around him but he's mostly talking to himself all Shakespearean like and he casually gets into cruhazey situations.
>>
>>84503272
>Surfer trying to solve people's problems, only to have it blow up in his face. Frustration with the inadequacies of various species. Trying to stop an intergalactic war between two species (your best bet for a movie conflict).

I don't want to play the it might be too hard for marvel drones to understand card. But it probably would be too depressing .

Id love to see him trying to stop intergalactic super weapons only for it to result in the enemy wiping them out instead. Or a scene where dejected at his inability to bring peace the surfer just solemnly flies off leaving the planet to destroy itself
>>
>>84503541
The core of silver surfer is depressing though, he's actively taking part in destroying the universe
>>
>>84503572

I know. And enjoy it. I just imagine the typical movie goer may not be receptive
>>
New and trendy Norrin by Refn
>>
>>84502710

A film based on space beauty and exploration.

Some cameos form known and less known characters.

Silver Surver is a secondary character in the story but the film focuses on him, traveling through space.
>>
>>84502710
First movie keep him confined to earth, utilize Stan Lee's original run. If Mephisto is an option at all, use him as the main villain. Focus on Norin's alienation on earth, and use Mephisto's obsession to corrupt the good as a way to challenge him.

Second movie remove the earth barrier, give him the universe to explore. Give him a full on galactic threat, someone big like Ego or one of the previous heralds.
>>
Terry could do it justice, probably make the best film of all time doing it too
>>
>>84502710
Annihilation.
>>
I can't see any main stream studio doing justice to him. He is one of the last few cape characters who does more pondering and looking at everything on wide, philosophical scale. Something that just doesn't mesh well for an audience that has come to expect cape movie = sock'em pow.
>>
File: 1336277215715.jpg (14 KB, 221x335) Image search: [Google]
1336277215715.jpg
14 KB, 221x335
>>84503929

I wonder if you could do the Annihilation war in one movie?

we already got the Guardians Set up, hell Id love to see movie goof ball quill go through the shit comic quill did
>>
>>84504102
Can they? Yes. Should they? No.
It would be the primary post-Thanos cosmic threat.
What would actually be really cool is if it was three part movie, but instead of being three parts, it's split across three character's movies, say Captain Marvel, Guardians, and Thor (just as an example).
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.